Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Stillbirth/ Recurrent Miscarriage or Loss after the First Trimester

Hey Mel, Well the count down is on. That is awesome news about the annual leave!!! I think you should shout yourself a treat like a facial or something. It is also great news that you O'd. I agree, stick with the BT, I am sure that their accuracy is much more reliable.

Well I still feel ill and I think that this head cold is going to hit with a vengence when I wake up tomorrow morning. Spoke to DH today and he is drugged up on Cold and Flu tablets because his runny nose turned into an evil flu so I hope that isn't what I have because I can't take anything and will just have to cope with it. I have decided that if I am any worse I am not going to work tomorrow and spend the day resting. Usually, I would work through a head cold but I really don't think I could at the moment. I have plenty of sick leave so it is not a big issue. I might go and get a medical certificate just because I feel guilty whenever I take a sick day although I know my boss wouldn't require one.

To everyone else, big love.

xxooxx
    Spring

I really hope you are not coming down with the flu, I remember having the flu (or a really bad cold, I can never tell the diff) when pg and it was so bad cause like you said you just have to let it take its course. But you are right, if you are feeling crappy you should stay home and I wouldnt feel guilty - you gotta look after yourself these days

Anyway, I'll trade ya - you keep sending me the positive vibes and I'll send you some healthy vibes

kerry Guest

Leabead - I am so sorry for the passing of Noah. My heart goes out to you and your family. Regarding feeling guilty about trying again, don't. You aren't replacing Noah, as you will see me say, time and again, Noah came but he was a baby born to fly not walk. With my DD I fell pregnant the month after I had miscarried. Sending baby dust your way.

Deb - hope the tests went well.

Lynn - I am so glad you got some positive news from the FS. Focus on the positives sweety, you are going to be pg again and you are going to hold your child in those amazingly loving arms of yours. Oh I also found the Low Gi / Low Carb thread from the recipe forum. I bumped it up for you so its there now. There are quite a few nice recipies in there.

Mel - Woohoo at the little windfall (a/l) and congratulations on being unemployed, lol, its not often we say that phrase is it.

Spring - hope the cold isn't too bad... ok what can help (and is ok for lil'spring).. ginger and lemon tea with a bit of honey. Actually my grandma (bet you are all sick of that phrase) swears by the juice of one lemon in a mug with 1-2 tablespoons of honey and hot kettle water for any cold or sore throat. Its all ok to have when pg, and tastes yummy too. Well ok my grandma adds a splash of benady but you can skip that bit.

***The baby dust fairy waves her wand over the thread for all who need it ***
    Last edited by kerry; February 28th, 2007 at 07:43 PM.

Bailey - your son is just gorgeous! He will always have a little sister and one day he will know all about her. How are you going with your BFP. What CD are you now?

Spring - I hope you are feeling a little bit better. I hope that cold doesn't get worse but if it does make sure you look after yourself. Work can wait, you need your rest. How was your watermelon?????

Mel - that is good that you are o'ing. Let's just hope that it leads to a BFP this month for you. My fingers are still crossed for you and positive vibes coming your way! One more day! I bet you can't wait. Make sure you relax and take it easy while you are not working and really enjoy the time off. I won't tell you to 'relax and it will happen' because I know what you think of that! lol But just relax and unwind :hugs:

Jo - grandma's always know best don't they! How are you going? I hope some of the fairy dust heads my way!

Nat - hope you are doing ok

Take care everyone
    Luv & hugs

Hi everyone,

Lynn - I am glad to hear that today wasn't so bad. Your friends poem is beautiful and such a thoughtful thing to do. It's great you have friends that don't avoid talking about Cooper. I actually did another test today, I know that it is still too early, but it was just sitting there taunting me and of course it was a negative. I am on CD29 but my cycle is usually around 35 days....I used to think that was great, but not so great when TTC. So I will hold off on my testing until next week!

Spring - I hope your head cold goes and doesn't get any worse. It's horrible being sick when you are pregnant and you can't just takes lot's of drugs and knock yourself out.

Mel - Yay! One more day. You must be so happy. Sorry to hear about your BFN today, I got one too. I knew I would though, so I wasn't too upset. I am still too early to really test, but can't help it.

I hope everyone is well.

kerry Guest

Bailey - Huge hugs sweety. Forgot to mention how adoreable your son's comments were. He will bring it up again from time to time and you and DH are doing the best possible thing by following his lead.

Lynn - I am such a dunderhead... I forgot to mention your friends poem, that is so truely beautiful.. what a blessing to have such a loving and caring friend, words to truely be cherished forever.

OK not sure how much I'll be around for the next few days. I have a sick DD atm. Nothing life threatening but my darling poppet broke her finger in a cupboard and not to do things by halves she then went and got an infection in the joint and we have had 2 trips to hospital and a sleepover since Sunday. I am at my dad's atm, supposedly to get some sleep while my little sisters watch her but they have put her to sleep and woken me up to cook their dinner, they are 21 and 19 by the way!

Jo - I am sorry that your DD is sick. I hope she gets better soon and I hope you can get some sleep. I bet you are a great big sister! Big sisters are the best and that includes cooking dinner Don't worry about not mentioning my friends poem before. My brain is like a sieve and I am always forgetting things

Bailey - of course you did another test!!! lol - you are in the test junkie club! Fingers crossed for you for next week. Wouldn't it be nice to get a BFP on Monday - bittersweet.

clare076 Guest

Hi girls
    Just popping in to send my love to you all.
    Lynn - I have sent you a little something today as a thankyou for making the bracelets for me. Sorry it has taken so long, but I have been waiting for it to be delivered from the USA. Hopefully you will have it by the end of next week. *MWAH*

Leabead - so sorry to here about the loss of your little man. We also lost our bubs at 16w3d, after miscarriage due to chromosomal abnormality. We were also told to wait, and "heal" My heart will never heal, my head is consumed with Max everyday, but we also knew we wanted another child and close in age to our DD. We tried again, the very next cycle and thankfully fell pregnant. I really hope that when the time is right for you, you have any easy TTC journey and an eventless pregnancy.

Mel - you sound like you are doing a little better. I am praying so hard that you get your BFP this month.

To everyone else, sending you all my love and hope you are doing ok.

I had my NT scan today, and everything is looking great. Bubs is measuring to date, HB is good and skin fold measurement is only 0.5mm! Still waiting for blood test results to find out risk factor of chromosomal abnormality but doc seems to think everything should be ok this time. Splodge is no longer a splodge, we have arms and legs!

Oh Clare I am so happy for you and your little bubba. That is excellent news about your tests. I'm sure the BT will come back A ok. It is so great that you came in here to let us know how you are going. Spread some of your baby vibes around - we sure need it in here at the moment. I hope you are feeling ok and not picking any more grapes!!!!
    Thank you so much for sending me a little gift but you really didn't need to. I was honoured to make you the bracelets. I'll let you know when I get it - thank you
    I checked your website - are you going to update your photo of splodge?

clare076 Guest

Thanks Lynn
    We only got given a paper print out photo this time, so I have to wait for DP to take it to work and scan it onto a disc. Hopefully he can do it tomorrow.

Hi to you all.

Sorry Jo about Brigid's finger The poor love...
    It's really good to see you in here (I would rather none of us be in here - but you know what I mean)

LYnn: I am sooooo happy that the FS went so well. It's time for good news and I am so happy for you. YIPPPEEEEE It's gonna be fine my love.

Mel and Bailey: How are you both? I know it's POAS time for you and I have everything crossed.

I got my results HCG 15 and Progesterone 9. So I am about to bleed any time...

I must admit to not holding out a LOT of hope with an initial hcg of 47 - it is on the very low end of normal range so I was somewhat prepared. I know there are women who have gone on to have healthy babies with a low reading but the numbers weren't flash.
    My obs (who I might add is turing out to be an ABSOLUTE gem) phoned and she thinks it is probable that this is due to my wonky luteal phase. Not being on the clomid I likely had a bit of a progesterone dip before implantation that can cause an interruption to development. Either that or of course just a little embryo that wasn't quite right.
    Of course I am disappointed I WANT A BABY!!!!!!!! However, I can't change it I just have to keep on going. AT LEAST I know that the Fragmin is fine for me and that my fertility is in tact! I really wanted this one to be THE ONE but the Universe had other plans...
    Next time will be THE time. Thankyou all for all of your loving kindness and support.

Oh Deb im so sorry :hugs: Keep your chin up and I love your optimism. It WILL happen soon, and we all know that.xxxx

Thanks Danni. Yes it will happen soon - I just want it NOW lol...

Oh Deb I am so sorry. I just don't know what to say.....but just know that I am thinking of you and while I wish that this could have been your time, I love your positive attitude that next time will be the time. I know that you want your baby now - don't we all. Stay strong and I'm sending you the biggest biggest hug Take care

Default Just another hurdle!!!!!!

Did anyone hear today about low-fat milk and infertility??????????????? OMG - what will be next!!! Researchers in the United States have found a link between a low-fat dairy diet and increased risk of infertility due to lack of ovulation.

Any thoughts anyone??????????????????

I saw that too Lynn - biochemically it does make sense. Will that alter your food choices?
    Personally I only eat low fat milk - but I will be switching now... We need all the help we can get on this journey I think...

kerry Guest

Oh Deb, I am so sorry for your loss but as you say maybe not this time but soon, very very very soon you will be holding another little baby.

Low fat milk (why I popped in today) - I have this think for full cream milk or soy milk and have only ever had one or the other, when it got hard to find non gm soy milk I just went back to the fat milk... It tastes nicer, and I have to skip so many foods I like, why can't I have naughty milk.

I drink low-fat milk mainly for the taste because full-fat tastes like cream to me. I don't eat a lot of dairy as I don't like cheese or yogurt but what about evap milk which I use the low-fat stuff in my cooking?

It just makes it so hard doesn't it. Trying to lose weight and control PCOS so eating low fat but now the issue with low-fat and infertility

I agree Deb - we need all the help we can get :hugs:

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast