Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #4

chriscoop Guest

Someone told me one day " I prefer that you have twins and not me" and I answered "So do I". And now if someone says 'double trouble' to me, I say 'double the fun' and that's it.

motherduck Guest

The best hing Ive come up with if I want to get in and done quick...( as if ) while out shopping is I put one in the snuggle on my front then carry the other one in my arm and the 2yo by the hand, untill i get a trolly if people see you comming they tend to look in the trolly seat but, by the time they relise you have twins your already gone on your merry way.
    It is nice to be stopped sometimes but It gets a bit much when all you hear is boy youve got your hands full.... every time I hear it I always Know Im blessed not cursed

Quote Originally Posted by chriscoop View Post
    Someone told me one day " I prefer that you have twins and not me" and I answered "So do I". And now if someone says 'double trouble' to me, I say 'double the fun' and that's it.
    Great idea. Thank you.

Hey girls, the twins did the cutest thing today! They were lying on the floor rolling around, & Daria's head was at Alexander's feet & vice versa, when they decided that they wanted to suck something.

I looked at them & they were sucking on each others toes! I wasn't in time to get a photo, but it's the funniest thing I've seen in a long time!

oh how cute. karla how old are you twins, gender, etc

How time flies! Gemma and Teagan are 4mths old, I just can't believe it. It really doesn't feel like that long ago that I was in hospital and they were so tiny! They are both almost rolling, they get so frustrated when they are stuck on their side. LOL.

Last night was quite entertaining, at about 2.30am they decided to have a conversation with each other. I'm not sure what was so important to talk about but they were having a great time. DH was not so impressed as he has to work.

How's things going with you Sarah?

hi briohny im good the twins will be two soon and boy are they pushing the limits. chanel refuses to take her shoes off she wears them all day and night and i cant get them off her having a bath is such a fight. I dont wanna argue with her anymore. but apart from that theyre great. how r u gorgeous angels

PMSL. Oh I can't wait to go through those sorts of things! How quick does time fly? They are doing so well, sleeping better and amazing me every day. Although today they are doing my head in not wanting to sleep and just grizzle. They do love a chat with each other though. Do you find that Chanel and Hannah talk to each other in a special language that only they understand? I know Gemma and Teagan are only 4mths old but it's like they know what they are talking about, it is so sweet and beautiful.
    I have their Christening next weekend which I am looking forward to, although I cannot imagine where all of the gifts are going to go, they are going to be spoilt as usual-but then again I can see some people being tightasses and only buying one gift. I know that may sound greedy but I wont be impressed with anyone who does that, but what can you do?

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Karlo - they sound so cute.Sam & Joel seem to talk more too as well as squeal at each other.
    most people bought two gifts for our two except for gift voucher and a few things like a large photoframe 3 spaces for photos - two heart shaped and another rectangular one- and our hands/feet mould etc.
    We got lots of silver money boxes (soem duplicates) and other shaped boots / VW LOL -but not filled with money.
    The boys also got lots of lovely books and people gave them one/2 each and wrote their names in them too.
    Some clothes ... gorgeous soft puppies(teddies) ... can't remember what else.

Trish they sound like lovely gifts and what you said were shared one's were great ideas and I don't mind that at all. I just don't want them to ever miss out because people thing they are one person, they are two little individuals that look the same and share the same birthday.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I knew what you meant - like having two birthday cakes (though we had only one christening one),sing two happy birthday songs ... though who do you sing first ?

The twins are one of each flavour, and are 5 months & 3 days old. They are really starting to notice each other now (hence the toe sucking!), and they talk to each other as well.

Trish, I did read that they recommend having two b'day cakes and I'm fine with that. Were you thinking of doing that for Sam & Joel? Who to sing Happy Birthday to first, my justification would be Gemma as she came out first and alphabetically she is first, then maybe the next year do the opposite?? I'm making a cup cake tree for the Christening with G & T on top of the cakes. Although my attempts at making the cakes last night were a disaster. Looked like a pile of gew! Then I realised this morning I used Icing sugar instead of castor sugar, LOL! That's why I did a practise run. They still tasted nice.

briohny yeah the twins do talk in their own little language even though theyre nearly 2 and should be talking properly now the talk some weird twins lingo to each other and i cant understand a bloody thing. twins have their own little world that only they know whats going on. And we have no idea

Gee Briohny, I laughed when I read about your cupcakes. How many did you have to eat?

Karla,

There should have been 7 cup cakes in total. I read in a magazine to put them into flat bottom ice cream cones so they look like ice cream-yeah mine looked like melted ice cream. PMSL. I ate some of them, gave hubby some in his work lunch bag-I bet he didn't eat them 'cos he wouldn't have wanted to show them out of embarrassment. LOL. All you can do is laugh! I will make another attempt today, I have the right sugar. My mothers group tomorrow will be my taste testers. I'll let you know how take 2 goes.

I was at the supermarket today and there was this other lady who had twins about the same age as mine and she totally snobbed me. I love talking to other parents with twins, get some tips and we just understand each other. She was probably having a crappy day, and I know I was getting sick of being a walking show, but I would never snob another Mum, especially with twins!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast