Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #4

Hi Girls,

Clare- Hi and Welcome my boys are fraternal too (ivf-icsi).

My Boys are 3 on Sunday....
    I remember like it was yesterday the first time I saw them.... 3 years has just gone so quickly.

Hi Ladies

I would also like to join in My name is Shannon and i am 18 weeks pregnant with fraternal twins (Bubble & Squeak) after our 5th round of IVF. Very excited and a little petrified. I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Shan

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Wink

Hey Clare. Welcome back. Guess you have been a little busy. I have 7yo and 3yo girls and b/g frat twins nearly 5mnths. The twins have started teething How did you survive this stage? They seem to really loose it just when I am getting dinner and it seems impossible sometimes to juggle it all. Got any advice??
    Kim

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Hi Shannon,
    Congratulations on your pregnancy! Hope you are feeling well. Got any q's just hit us with them. Take care and chat soon.
    Kim

Hi Girls,

Hi Shannon and Welcome.

Well my boys turned 3 on Sunday and it was a wonderful day.

Kim- I use to put the boys in their high chairs and try and keep them happy and
    cook dinner at the same time. Sorry but I found it hard too. But on the up side it does get better.

Woooo, this thread is getting chattey now, which is just lovely. Just wanted to give you an update on things.

Well one of the babies is a definant boy, and the Ob has a feeling the other one is too, bubs rolled away and wasnt interested in sharing.

Eeeek, gotta go, bubs are playing with my bowel. UGH!

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Thanks Leanne, I have them in rockers during these times at the moment. I just hope Erin doesnt outgrow it before she can sit up , lol, then high chairs it is. Sometimes you really have to tear yourself in 4 and just deal with it huh?!

Helen, sounds like you have active little bubs! Good to hear. They cant hide forever though. ha ha. I so know how you feel with your internal organs getting a beating, it certainly isn't a nice feeling. Great to feel them moving though...always a good sign. Take care.

Chat later all
    KIM xxx

Yes Kim it is great to feel them moving, I can only imagine the bashing I am going to get later on. Little buster boy kicked big enogh last night for DH to feel a couple so he is pretty excited about that. The thing is once one finished kicking the other one started.lol

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

ha ha. It's really wierd and as time goes on it gets so crowded!!! By the end, I could only feel my little girl because she had pushed my boy into a semi engaged position at 20wks. Erin was under my ribs, even in labour! Logan just settled in to my pelvis and quietly grew. I have now graduated from fortnightly visits to my physio! yah!! All I can say is be sure you get proper abdo and back support for your pg as you increase in size because I have been through hell with repairing myself. It is great when your partner can feel them moving to, although I often felt ill/squirmish when they moved alot. Take care. Kim.

Hi Girls,

Well I am sorry to say but I have finally reached the terrible 3's. OMG they are chucking wobblies and just being generaly hummmmm there is just no words to describe it.

Any way no point me sooking about it. How is everyone going?

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Oh, Leanne. You poor thing. Here I am having a winge about teething twins!!! I guess at times it is hard to stay positive but chin up mate...they wont be 3 forever??!!! Take care and I hope things pick up for you soon. You are an inspiration to me to have got to 3yrs with twins, and deal with other children too. Mine are only 5mnths old and when I hear from people like you it inspires me. Do you have anyone that may be able to give you a breather from the tantrums for a little while, that might help?? KIM. XXX

Thanks Kim. I think they are just going though a stage ATM. I suppose it just seems amplified cause there is 2 of them. How is the teething going for you. For me Xavier was my shocker teether but Jordy was great. Thank God Olivia is a good teether too. OMG 5 months Kim it just seems like yesterday they were born.
    Have a great day

Hello Everyone
    Im Back on bb havent been on for a while and decieded to come back need some girls to chat to and even more some other mums with multiples because as we all know its not easy.... hope to speak to u all soon

sarah

OMG I am having one of those weeks where I am just soooo SCARED!!! I have been costing along quite well emotionally with thise pregnancy and now I think the impact of having 2 at once is getting to me. Did anyone else have this rollercoaster through pregnancy?

Oh Helen i can definately relate! I know mine is partially because i know they will be here in 13 weeks and it doesn't seem that far away anymore.
    But i think you are going to be amazing you have two beautiful kids that are testament to what a fabulous mum you are and you will be great with these guys too! Just keep reminding yourself all these other twin mums survive Hope you feel better soon.

hey girls i know exactly what you mean. One day i stubbed my toe and i cried for hours like someone had chopped the thinig off your emotions are horrible when pregnant with one let alone two i used to worry how can i share my time and love equally with two, will i be able to cope, how do i make them both feel special... but when they were born it comes naturally and i coped with them both and shared time and love easily. I mean it isnt easy but youll be great.

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Smile 6 months today

Hey all, its been a whole month since I got to chat...just where does the time go? My twins are 6mnths old today!! Wow, I feel so much better than I did over the last 12mnths of my life. Teething...tough times!! But its not forever. Logan is rolling quite fast now...scarey, never stays where you leave him. Erin just wants to sit up, not so keen on rolling, yet. Ha.
    I totally understand how you guys that are waiting for the big day are feeling. I went there and it is overwhelming at times. I really feel for you all. As hard as it may get at times, try to focus on positive things...you are very lucky and must be extra special to be given twins. I really believe you are never given anything in life that you can not cope with, you will suprise yourself if you have some faith in your own abilities as a mother. Hope you are all well. Take care and hope to chat soon. Kim

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Hey Leanne, I just have a quick Q if you don't mind helping me out. When you did the feeding solids thing with your twins...did you use the same bowl/spoon or 2 seperate ones? What should I do? Kim.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast