Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: question about engagement rings!!!

We picked ours together, about a mth before he popped the q... he was very secretive about 2 wks before my birthday and I was thinking he was going to ask on my birthday. Well exactly a week before, he proposed over the radio! 4KQ for those in Brisbane. We got married just over a year later... The count down is on to my 1st wedding anniversary!

funniest engagement ring story in our family, my DH's SIL (his brother's wife) flashing her ring around, it was identical to one my mother gave me when I was 16 including diamond size only difference was she had an artificial pink sapphire and mine was a natural sapphire. Mum used to buy me one good piece of jewellery each year (either birthday or xmas from the age of 15 till I was 22) which usually cost anywhere up to $1,500.

My MIL gave me her mother's eternity ring when we got engaged, it is a gorgeous 3 sapphire and 4 diamond setting that I adore and it is worn every day.

DH picked my wedding band and it has 8 small diamonds set in it.

We were telling engagement ring horror stories at the wedding i was at on the weekend and apparently one of the girls we knew - Her hubby used his great grandmother ring to propose with - well she had it melter down and remodelled. Apparently his mother wasnt very impressed with her and now hates her.

Lots of hints lol why not show him what you like and let him decide

yes well....i've shown him what i like....and i'm still waiting for something to happen.....

we went shopping together and DH wouldn't spend very much, so he chose and knows that an extra $500 would have got me the ring I wanted and I would still be wearing it today. Instead I wear my wedding ring (which I chose) and my eternity ring (which I chose) and a wedding ring that matches his wedding band I bought with inheritance from my grandmother.

If you think you will like what he buys, let him do it, otherwise be involved, as you will be wearing it for a long time.

I hope he pops the question soon ..... Valentine's Day??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123