Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 month General Chatter

hey girls!! I've just managed to catch up! Wow... I've had such a yuck day, I feel like I should go back to bed and hope next week comes because this one isn't doing it for me ](*,)

I woke up & got Matilda & I ready for work, got everything into the car that is on loan because ours is at the smash repairs... then got to work, unloaded everything thinking about how I am not supposed to lift anything, got in and found out the girl who replaced me forgot to call to tell me not to come in :evil: ... so I walked around the corner to my friends house & had coffee which was good & went back to the car loaded it up & went to the smash repairs to pick ours up...loaded it up got in went 50m and smoke was billowing out from under the bonnet.... #-o nothing to do with the smash, but something else... got it to the mechanic and he said "you're not taking this car anywhere... its in big trouble" so as we love our mechanic and have a great relationship with him I promptly burst into tears....lol... then I explained that we are going on holidays in 6 days and are driving down the coast 8 hours, we don't have heaps of $$ and my back is gone & most of our baby stuff is in the car! Well... I caught the train home thank goodness I had to walk a total of 5 minutes... and he is dropping the baby stuff off his way home at 4pm... he also suggested costing hire cars for the holidays, saying that this could take some time and there was no way we'd make it to the city let alone 8 hours....

So sorry about the epic post, but I need to vent I've had it with this week and I want a new one!!! GGGGRrrrr....

urgh Christy your not having a good week are you. Hope you have a better week away on holiday and you get a resonably priced hire car if that is what you decide to do.

Love :hbeat:

HI girls,

Jessica was an angel last night. After a unsettled day, with not much sleep she went down at 8.15 and slept till 7am this morning. Arron woke at about 5 and asked had she had a bottle and said for me to check her. Half asleep I told him to check her, I snored 2 secs after. She is a legend, hopefully she can do it again soon.

Picked up my professiional photos and they are sooo god. I pd the $330 and got 2 poses of Jemma and 3 poses of Jessica. Oh well, when they get bigger at least I have spent money on something to cherish.

I am trying to link Jessicas website but there was a message about debug error or something, it won't go through only show me the preview: If anyone wants a peek there are also some photos in the gallery.
    http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/jessica4th

What a terrible day Christy! Have you thought about a bottle of wine, some choccies and a movie? How is the back going after all that?

May come on again later.
    Cheers Michelle

spiddles Guest

Hope things work out for you Christy.....I guess it was best to happen now and not on your trip and be stuck in the middle of nowhere!!

Michelle - Jessica is gorgeous!! Are they the professional photos on her page??? They turned out really well!!

Hi Spiddles,
    yes you can tell the professional ones. I was so rapt that they were that good. Worth every cent in the end! They were done by Precious moments, I had some of Jordan when she was a bub and they were terrific too.

Cheers Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi there - wow so many posts so little time to reply lol
    am a bit sad today dh has gone to the cox plate with work in the marquee looking very handsome and as i am still breastfeeding i can't go this year - maybe next year.

forgive me i cannot possible reply individuly to so many posts, a quick one on weight gain and breastfeeding kat - my health nurse told me at lani's 4 wk check up that any gain is great be it big or small, weight or length. my ds was an absolute shocking feeder ended up on the bottle at 12 wks but i was looking at his records the other day and amazingly he had gained so much more than lani did at 4 wks, although lani has grown more. in two weeks she only put on 180gms but grew 5cm - my son used to gain around 250g a week - also apparently you can never over feed a breastfed baby.

lani is doing ok with sleeping still hard to settle but i have decided i will cuddle and rock her to sleep then put her down, i did this with the other 2 until they were 6mths then i got a little tougher and they were the best sleepers ever - so if she wakes after 30mins or so and i can't settle her back i pick her up and cuddle her or we just go out as she loves tto sleep in the pram and my ds loves all the trips to the park lol. she is having her last breastfeed around 7pm then she will wake between 11 and 12 and i feed her then she will go through till around 5ish then in bed with me until i am ready to get up around 7am. sometimes she may wake around 1am but if her eyes are not open i stick the dummy in, this seems to work, i figure if eyes are closed and not open then probably not hungry who knows whatever works heh. i also tend to try and feed her whenever she is awake but generally not less than 2 1/2 hourly, i will feed her one side let her play, then when she is looking tired, offer the other side and she goes quite sleepy - i try not to let her cry to much before a feed, so she does not swallow to much air.

am off to ob on wednesday for 6wk check up, don't get to get lani weighed until 8wks with health nurse - but will be interesting to see ob again especially his thoughts on if i have another baby how quick that labour will be - i will probably have to be in hospital at 8mths just to be sure lol. my dh was adament this was our last but the other day when i mentioned i gave some friends my ds old clothes he said will we get them back i said yes but why it doesn't really matter does it, and he just smiled and said well there is a possibility of a surprise - i am so clucky i really think we will have another always wanted 3 - in theory i have 3 but jessie is well not with us any more, so we will see, although i am 36 next week so will wait and see, i am just going to enjoy lani a bit i think.

anyway i have created a babies on line page to put up some photos, i don't have a digital camera so have to rely on others who take the photos and send them to me - hopefully santa will bring a digital. the photo of me is absolutely horrid - i hate my side profile - lol. i also put up 2 pics of our dear jessica when she was sick with her brain tumour, unfortunately i cannot find any of ds so will have to search and maybe upload them when i find them, anyway if anyone wants a squiz the address is www.babiesonline.com/babies/l/lani

take care everyone and i hope to be online every day to catch up

regards
    michelle

lani born 15/9/04

ps have to organise a better signature etc

Marcia, I used to feed Brandon a bottle every 2 1/2 hours, and just strung it out to three hours. He has a bottle every three hours from when he gets up at around 10-11. Sometimes he'll sleep through till four hours between feeds, but I try not to let him get past that, even though the MCHN said it was ok, but then he goes to bed too late, or ends up only having four bottles.

Poor Christy. Technically Sunday is the start of the new week, so maybe go to bed early tonight and next week will be better.

Just a question on solids. When you move on from cereal to fruit or veg, do you still feed a meal of cereal? Do you mix the fruit in, or just give it alone? I read he can have 1-2 meals a day, but I have trouble getting in one meal a day with everything else that needs doing. Brandon loves eating real food though. What did everyone else do with starting solids? I did a goggle but all I could come up with was what sort of foods to feed him, and how to give his first few meals, but nothing after that. When I got Baby Love by Robin Barker out of the library before BRandon was born I remember it had a suggested feeding schedule and how many bottles and meals you fed, but I can't remember what it said. Any ideas girls?

Lachlan atm has cereal in the mornings followed by his milk. Then he may have a few teaspoons of custard for lunch. He still has his 4 borttles as well

Love :hbeat

ok... I've just looked up the food thing in a book I got which is fantastic ( & same info as in Baby Love...) it says with solids that babies would be on average of 5 milk feeds a day & 3 meals at the beginning few months of solids and start with a few teaspoons at a time...

Susan - I give Aidyn about 2 meals of solids a day (sometimes only one, depending what happens) and 5 x180ml bottles.
    Atm I am mixing all of his fruit & vegies in with ricecereal & forumla as well, as he doesn't like the concentrated tastes of straight fruit or vegies.

Christy - So sorry to hear about your car. I hope this week goes much better for you. How is your back feeling now??

Mooshie & Michelle - Checked out both of your webpages... such sweet little girls you both have!!!

Marcia -
    he looks at himself in the mirror, and yells at himself!
    That must be soooo adorable!!!!

Ok, off to bed for me... have had a killer of a day in this heat... the highest it got up to was 38.8.
    Poor Aidyn refused to sleep the WHOLE day, he only passed out eventually at 6pm. Poor little tyke was just lying on his mat on the floor in nothing but a nappy and in front of the fan, he was so listless and cranky, but just wouldn't sleep!! Was very exhausting, and then this arvo I had to go bowling with one of my friends, which was nice in the aircon, but now I am just wiped. I HATE SUMMER!!! (and yet it is still only Spring!! #-o )

Hope everyone has a good Sunday!

Well I just gave him straight banana, and he ate it. Didn't look too impressed with the first bite though. He poked it straight out with his tongue, and I wiped it with a spoon straight back into his mouth. After that he ate like a tablespoon and a half! He seemed to like it ok.

Poor ambah with the heat. Hopefully the new place will be cooler.

Melinda Guest

I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts in here! Sorry....

I was just wondering if anybody else's bubs sucks on their fingers/hands? I've noticed that lately Jacob is obsessed with putting his fingers in his mouth and makes attemps to get the whole fist in there at times! LOL

yep the heat is pretty bad today... yuck... Matilda is finally getting to wear one of her sundresses though which is pretty cute... DH did a miracle day and looked after Matilda from 7.30am until 6.30pm!! & he got more done around the house than I did all week... but I have my back to blame.

He's a bit depressed now because the house got dirty again in one day... at least he knows how I feel! LOL!

Ok...off I go, back is still pretty bad, but its not so painful to pick Matilda up anymore, good to have a break yesterday!

spiddles Guest

Yup tootsie...Liam is the same. There is a pick on his website with fist in mouth. Has also been drooling heaps lately too. I hope his isnt teething (he shouldnt bee cause he is only just 6 weeks old)

Went to a party last night. Where the party was the girl has a 6 month old but was at her mums. He was getting a but restless so gavce him a feed at 7 even though only had one at 4:30. Said I could put him in her cot if I wanted to so I did. Sleep there until 12:30. Was parinoid and had to keep checking on him. Has been sleeping in basinette beside our bed but is getting to big for it (legnth wise) Think I might try him in his own cot tonight in his own room. Even though his rooom is across from ours will set up the baby monitor. Save me checking on him every 5 mins.

Don't worry spiddles, Brandon's cot is our room and I still check on him 2-3 times a night.

Tootie, Brandon has been drooling and sucking on his hands since the other kids in here started teething. At first I thought that's what it was, but still no tooth. We bought him a teething ring anyway, which he loves, it's almost as good as a dummy would have been, but he doesn't spit this out, and he can pick it up all by himself. I read in the solids leaflet the MCHN gave us that chewing on fingers can be a sign of wanting to start solids, but that was the first time I'd heard that.

This is it for us. Started posting in 6-12months forum this morning, but I guess since there is an average of 1-2 posts a week in there I'll be checking (and posting) in here until more of you move over.

Tootie - From memory Aidyn started chewing and sucking in his fist & fingers at around 8 weeks. Now its not so much his hands, but anything that he can get his hand onto!!

Just over this weekend Aidyn has become so mobile!! He will now roll from one end of the living room to the other. He has also started pulling his legs up under him and lifting his bum so he can get a bit of a push off. I am way too scared to leave him alone anywhere for even a few seconds now, cause next thing I know he will be down the end of the street!!! LOL

We went to the Indooroopilly shopping centre today, purely for the A/C! It was good though cause Aidyn had a couple of little naps in his pram (which wouldnt have happened at home due to the heat!) and he had fun rolling around the floor in the library, and even stopped for a minute to let me read him a couple of stories.

See you soon in 6-12 months Susan!! Only 1 week to go!!!
    Happy 6 month Birthday Brandon!!

You may have to get hima playpen Ambah.

DP was firmly against it when I was PG, didn't want to cage him up, but now that he is rolling, and looking like he'll be crawling before xmas, it doesn't seem so bad lol.

HI all,

I don't think there are any hard and fast rules about feeding solids. The only thing to watch is that the baby doesn't start refusing bottles because they have had too much food. It really is more introducing foods, and different tastes than filling them up.

I think that babies suck on things cause they like the feel of different textures etc in their mouths, not necessarily anything to do with teeth. Jessica is already starting to suck hers and she is 7 weeks old. SO saying Jemma sucked things too and her first tooth came at 4 months, I couldn't believe it as the other 2 had no teeth till 6 months.

Well we had 2 nights of sleep and then last night Jesssica woke at 1am, 5am and then got up at 8am. Not fair! But I have a good feeling she will sleep ok tonight. SHe didn't really sleep much between 5 and 8.30pm, where as the night before she had 2 hours sound sleep before her last bottle, which I had to wake her for.

It's been a big weekend, I think I need to visit the punching bag, In law dramas as usual. They drive my crazy at times.

Jessica is such a happy girl, she wakes up laughing in the morning and is starting to coo and laugh at everyone. Today Josh had her chatting away, it was so cute.

We finished the paving out the back, which had to be done before our party as otherwise a little bit of rain and it was a mudbowl. It looks terrific, not that I actually did anything, Arron, his Dad and his cousins husband spent all day Sat doing it. Arron got this 6 or 7 metre palm tree from his brothers today and transported it an hour and a half to our place (his brother is moving and so we hit the jackpot, it is worth about $1000). Arron planted it this arvo and it is very nice, however as I was in a mood, because I have basically spent all weekend trapped looking after kids, I told Arron I don't even like it. Mean aren't I!

But the plan is complete for next weekend. I am going clothes shopping, without kids, with a girlfriend to find something to wear at our party on Sat, and on Sunday I have a Creative memories party at 12.30 so Arron is going to be the childminder. Let's see how that goes!

Anyway, I think I'll go to punching bag.

Goodnight all
    Michelle

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast