Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 month General Chatter

Melinda Guest

He's been on formula since he was about 5 days old, and he's 9w old today. So from what I can tell from what you guys have said, he perhaps does have a bug, or it's an immature digestive system, or its the formula?!? Eeeeks...so many possibilities LOL. I may even ring the CHN on Friday and see what they say (it's a public holiday here tomorrow). I trust the Doctor, but I wouldn't mind talking to someone else about it too IYKWIM......I've just been getting myself worked up into a frenzy thinking there's something horribly wrong with my baby!! The thought of it just makes me shudder!! I really appreciate your thoughts guys.... it's good to hear that I'm not the only Mummy whose had a baby with green poos LOL.

HI all,

Hope you are feeling better Christy.

Tootie, don't be too worried, It is probably something minor, especially if Jacob is generally well!

Jessica did a yucky chuck after her 3.30pm bottle, and then was screaming for a feed before 7pm. She seems ok though and is sleeping soundly now so I think she's fine. Probably just the heat, it wasn't hot but warmer than it has been.

Tootie, bout the weight loss, I had to get back into my wedding dress which I had brought before I had Josh and I wasn't going to have to buy another.

I had a makeover photography group for Glamour photos ring tonight offering me a special deal as they are coming to Kilmore. I told the girl, my bub is 6 weeks old and I would rather be a little slimmer if I'm going to have that done. I would really like to do it though, they are going to ring if/when they are coming back this way. has anyone else had these photo's taken, where they do the makeover? Get this, men and boys are free, no sitting fee, as are girls under 13, we ladies and teen girls must pay for the sitting fee, because of the actual makeover part I guess.

I finally picked up 3 films from the chemist, I am going to scan some photos and put them on Jessica's site maybe tomorrow. There are some cute ones, and one of her and I and I am very sulky. Arron said "See look at your face!" The thing is he only gets the camera out when I am in the ****s for some reason. But some of the photos are gorgeous. I have to open 3 other email accounts so I can get a site for each child. Otherwise they will start getting jealous. I will give the web address when I put the photos on.

Anyway, it's pretty quiet here tonight/today, for once! Where is everyone?

See ya Michelle

re green poos_I have often been told that poos can be green due to the body passing the flued through the system too quick for all the nutrients to be absorbed. Eg. Baby drinking more than they need, a Bug which will push the fluid through faster, immature d/tract. to name a few. This can be for b/f babies as well as bottle. It may be non of these. If it does go on for much longer I would get it checked..

Michelle-Jonathan is doing realy well at his toileting. Has been wearing jocks for 9 weeks now and rarely an accident. He even wears jocks to go out now. Take your time and just let Jemma take it slow. She is only 19 months. I could not believe my ds. doing it b4 2 yrs. It's his birthday in 2 1/2 weeks. He is so good with dd. Very protective of her and always needs to know where she is. Loves kissing her and touching hands and toes.

Christy, hope you are feeling better and Matilda has been behavung herself.

Re rolling and early risers due to cold- we used sleeping bags for ds so if he got out of blankets or kicked them off he was still warm. He could also roll in them and it was safe. In summer we sometimes just put him to bed in the s/bag with no sheet/blanket and he was quite comfy.

Re weight- I put more on 1st preg and only lost half b4 2nd preg. Didn't put on as much second and I have lost 2/3 already. only have 4 more kg to lose and I will be less than pe 2nd preg. I will be happy with that and any more would be a bonus but not pushing it. What I have done this time round is I am doing a post preg video exersices 3x per week. Have done it for two weeks and hopefully cane keep it up. Not sure. To be realy serious I need to watch what I eat. Don't beat yourself up though. Just do what you can and take your time.

That's great about Jonathon, Rose! He is so clever! My others didn't start till 2 and a half, but it was done in about 2 weeks.

Jemma is the same with Jessica, she just loves her and is always trying to help, sometimes she's a little rougher than she should be, but that comes from being the 3rd child with older siblings that are rough as well. She kisses her at least 20 times a day.

Cheers Michelle

Hi Rose - what is the Post preg excercise video you use called? Where did you get it?
    Well done to Jonathon for the toilet training!!! =D>

That is so sweet to hear about Jonathon & Jemma and being affectionate to, and protective over their baby siblings!! O

Looking forward to seeing you new webpages when they're done Michelle!
    I am still waiting for my sister to scan in Aidyns professional shots, and BIL to download the recent ones off his camera, and then maybe my page will be ready!

Tootie - I also remember being worried when Aidyns poos turned green, but I am very used to it now. Not that its any less grose, LOL!
    If Jacob seems to be healthy otherwise, then I think that is a good sign.

I can't wait to pick up my professional photos Ambah! I get them Friday. I was a little disappointed that we didn't have more photos of Jessica in the hospital, but at least they weren't fuzzy like the ones I got of Jemma! I was devastated, our zoom lens camera had packed it in and we were using the old camera and all the photos were fuzzy, I remember sitting a crying my eyes out as they were so bad.

I love photos! They are my favourite thing of all
    Cheers Michelle

I was also dissapointed with my hospital photos. We got a few on the digi cam and my sisters camera, but the professional ones (when he was 2 days old) turned out really badly! It didn't look like Aidyn at all, as his eyes were slitted closed, and I just couldn't bear to pay $150 for photos I didn't like!
    I love photos too!!! Am sooo hoping for my own digital camera this christmas!!

Hope your professional ones turn out really nice!!!

If you get a digital camera do you plan to get them printed at the chemist or photo processors or are you printing them yourself. I have a really crappy digital camera and I print my own photos, but my printer really isn't good enough quality to print excellent photos on. Also I am a little unsure about photo papers, and some are really crappy.

My mum and dad have an excellent digital camera, and the photos are perfect, but it was about $600 I think and I don't really have that much for a camera. We were going to buy a camcorder on 12 months interest free, but I am wondering whether we would use it enough. Probably if we had it we would. Dad has one and we can borrow it but if we had our own I could video every time something exciting happened.

Cheers Michelle

When I use BIL's digi-cam I usually just get them printed at a photo processing place. It can be quite expensive though if you only want to print out a few, they usually have deals when you print in bulk.
    I have a huge backlog of pics I need to print out for his photo album... I don't think I have anything more recent than 2 months old!
    BIL's camera also has a video function, of course it is no where near the quality of a proper camcorder, but still it is nice to have a couple of short video clips of Aidyn doing different things that we can look back on!
    I hope the digi cam prices go down a bit soon... BIL's was about $700, but he only spent that much cause he does a bit of freelance photography and graphic design so he needs a good one.
    I wouldn't want to spend more than $300, but what with moving, there are much more important things for our money to go to. And I'm dreaming if I think I will get a Christmas gift that expensive, LMAO!!!

I did the video camera thing with Kameron and he has around 1.5hrs of footage of him as a baby etc. I haven't even got it out with Lachlan :-s Feel so bad lol. Probably when he starts doing stuff i might get it out more. maybe.

Love :hbeat:

lol... wow so many posts on poo

I'm just stopping in so sorry so short, I just typed this epic post here and it got wiped...

basically...

Ambah - I'm so sorry but I don't think I can do the walk... my back is still really bad...

I'm going to go to the physio today and hope for some relief... I've been doing physio stretching for a while now, but I stopped for a little while #-o but this was really weird, I was feeding Matilda and all of a sudden felt like a pop in my back and its been excruciating since... thank goodness the Dr said I could use the rest of the antiinflammatories I had from the caesarean (sp? depending on the trivia question )...

We use digital photos and take around 20 a week...LMAO! and we store them on a file on the computer so we can take a cd to the processing centre and yep its cheapest in the city and in bulk...

Ok... off I go to feed the starving child...lol

LMAO Christy re depending on the Trivia question. I did look it up on the dictionary website and it had both spellings

Love :hbeat:

LOL... I was typing it and thinking, I'm sure this is how it was spelled before...

carmen Guest

Hello

I am finally joining you in this forum - I have been trying to post all week but you know what it is like!!!

We have a digital camera and at the moment we are taking our memory card to Harvey Norman to get prints - they are 45c for a 6x4 and you get them within about 15 mins.

Things are going well, I can't believe how much time is still spent changing nappies and feeding - we have increased our cleaner to once a week and it is the best money that we spend!!

We went to the health centre last Friday and Luke is now 54.3cm (50.5cm at birth) and 4320g (3750g at birth).

He has now decided that he doesn't want to sleep during the day so he lies there looking around from about 12:30pm until about 8pm with only a few 15 - 30 mins naps. At least this means that he is sleeping better at night - 6 hours last night.

the midwife told me that he shouldn't be awake for more than 5 mins after each feed so I was getting really stressed trying to make him sleep but I am letting him decide now - I try to put him down but if he refuses to sleep then I just give him a cuddle and see what happens.

I find that he goes to sleep easily if I or James hold him - is this a really bad habit to get into?

He has woken again so I had better check on him

Take care

Carmen

spiddles Guest

WOOHOO!! Glad to see you here carmen. Liam went for 6 week checkup with midwife today. he is now 4960g (3380g at birth) 58cms long (55 cm at birth but when my doc checked at 5 day visit said 51cm who knows)) I told her how I express and drinks 120mls 6 times a day plus some boob and told her how he is more content after bottle. She said as long as I am happy to express and he is happy to keep doing it but should up it to 150mls and see how he goes. He also slept for another 6 hours last nite WOOHOO!! has done that 3 times this week now. I go for my checkup this afternoon with Doc. DH is looking forward to this!! (I am probably more *lol*)

I couldnty live without my digital camera. We bought it for our wedding in March and spent $800 on it last december. 5.1 megapixel. Not happy now as they have come down in price and am still paying it off GRRRR! DH work amaybe getting a Fuji print station one of these days (fingers cross) so makes it even cheaper for us!!

Not happy with real estate agent. Had to go back and clean old flat today. Unscrew telphone point as clean!! What the.....!! and hair in sink. Was like 1 strand. Turned tap on and went down drain and bugs in garage light (its only gonna get more anyway!!!) GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

grrr at that spiddles!! I had our last agent make me do things like that too! There was some dirt in the garage!

Its great to see your babies growing!!

carmen - so many people give so much advice, its really what works best for you & him! I found people telling me Matilda should only be awake for an hour at a time, or that she will let me know when she wants to sleep, both didn't work for her... I just wait until she shows me tired signs & put her to bed, but she screams no matter how I get her to sleep, if I hold her, rock her, pat her, leave her (which I won't do...) she still screams herself to sleep and if I just leave her out & not put her to bed she screams longer... so we have a sort of routine which is really flexible. And it works for us, but it took us a good 12 weeks to find it & we are still working on it... its hard too on me because its not what I would have chosed to do with her, but she responds well to it and sleeps heaps better... but thats us...

Speaking of... I went to the physio & it took an hour & Matilda chucked a great big tantrum near the end when I was getting a massage...so that had to stop & she was really tired so I just had to leave...she fell asleep in the car on the way home, so that was good & at least they got to strap my back before I left... apparently I've done some ligament damage & am supposed to not lift anything for two weeks (LMAO!!!!) Obviously she has not had any children.... so I've come home & looked at the basket of wet laundry on the ground & the stuff all over the house and just come back to this room & onto the computer....I won't go out there until I have too!!

Pietta Guest

Holy Holy Moly... I havent posted for like three days and it took me almost half an hour to catch up!! hehe

Tootie- Ryley's poos are green and sometimes have some yellow in them too. So it seems pretty normal considering Jacob and Ryley had the same start with formula.

I hope your back gets better Christy!! This has made me focus on bending at the knees now like Susan said!!

Kylie you do not look horrible in the pics. I think the wedding picture is beautiful and Liam is growing so well!!

Katanya good to have you back!! I wish i could have breast fed let alone still be doing it. Good on you! Ryley has reddish hair too!!

I am totally not going to be able to do personals for everyone!! Sorry

We had our 6 week check today and Ryley is doing mighty well. Dr said that he is more mature in his development than his age. Considering he was 2 weeks late I am not suprised!!
    He checked me out (huge checkup- just blood pressure!!) and said I am right to go wth anything I want except strenuous stuff like netball and gym- which I am craving to get back into!! so 6 weeks to go until I am normal again totally!!
    We have our 6-8 week CHN check up next week- I am excited to see how long Ryley is coz i can see he has grwn so much. He is giggling, smiling, talking and playing so much now I love it!!

He slept through one night this week and is getting much better with his feeds! Does anyone know how much a bub should be drinking coz i think maybe he is being overfed by me. The doc said he was normal size though.

Wow- long post- take care all and I will post more often- I have to to keep up!! hehehe

Well what a morning! Asha's sunburn is going to be fine!!! We have to go back again in 2 weeks to make sure that everything has healed properly but it looks like she will make a full recovery LOL.

I have made the bookings necessary for Asha's naming day which will be on Nov 14th at the Zoo The celebrant who married us will be performing the ceremony which is great as she is a lovely lady and she is excited to meet Asha. We haven't told Emma & Jack yet as they will just bug me about it LOL I am thinking that I might try and organise a church christening for when Mum & Dad will be here ... I don't want them to miss out altogether.

Asha is off fer her 4 month immunisations tomorrow ... which I am not looking forward to but they have to be done.

Better go have a heap of things to do before I pick Emma & Jack up from school today.

Cheers

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast