Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 month General Chatter

Woohoo for my boy!! He cut his first tooth today!!!

I have to agree with you there Susan, as much as my DP adores Aidyn he doesn't seem to have the same connection that I do... the connection that wakes me up if he makes the slightest whimper from his bedroom. Yet he could be screaming and DP still would sleep through it. Once during the day Aidyn and DP were having a nap together on the double bed, and I was napping on the spare bed in Aidyns room, yet I was the one that woke up when Aidyn started making his wake up noises - DP was still out of it, even though he was only 20cms away!

DD - Its hard isn't it... I mean all we really need is recognition of what we do, and sympathy and understanding of how hard it can be, from our DH/DP's, I mean its not like we are even asking them to help or anything!!!
    (I know this doesn't apply to everyone though, so please don't take offense if your DH/DP isn't like that!!)

Hooray for Aidyn's tooth! Kinda makes you glad you're not bf'ing any more huh? I don't know that Brandon is actually teething at all, since there still doesn't appear to be much of a difference in the size of the white bumps. But he does love his teething ring, and I'm not too eager to go through the extremely fussy crying baby stage anyway lol.

Well, off to the shops now to get some things for the pink grapefruit and champagne sorbet I'm making

LOL, I'm glad I'm not b/fing either... cause that little toothie is sharp!!
    Aidyn seems a lot happier today now that it has finally broken through! Its very hard to see though, just this very thin little thing... much easier to feel.
    Now I just have to wait for the one next to it which is coming up, hopefully wont take too long!!

YUM Susan!!!! that sounds wonderful, especially for on a hot day... ooh yeah!!

YAY!! for Aidyn!!!

Thanks, I'll post the recipe in the ice cream thread when I'm done if you like, as well as the blood orange sorbet/gelato I going to make because I couldn't pass the blood orange juice without buying some of that too lol

Melinda Guest

YAY for Aidyn cutting his first little toothie-peg!!!

Susan - have you ever made lemon gelati or something like that? I love that stuff. I've never made it myself, but I've bought it before and it's really yummy and refreshing!!

Thank god it's cooler here today. It was 28 here yesterday....I know that's cooler than the likes of Adelaide and many other places, but it's pretty hot for Hobart! So thankfully Jacob's been a happier little tiger today. I'm still packing it about tomorrow with his immunisation...eeks. Wish me luck girls...I think I'm going to burst into tears before they even touch him! LOL

You'll be fine Tootie. If you were with Brandon I know he'd laugh at you for crying before they touched him.

*listening to my baby laughing* DP is dancing with Brandon and he's just giggling away.

Haven't made lemon yet. The blood orange I'll be making as soon as I go get the eggs I forgot :mad: will be my first attempt at gelati. I've made a few ice creams though. There's a thread of recipes in the recipe forum.

Yay @ the tooth Ambah !!!!!!! Mr Rosy Red Cheeks here still isn't giving his up lmao.

Love :hbeat:

LMAO Kathryn!! Its such a long drawn out process isn't it!?

BTW Christy - has Matilda's tooth cut back through a second time yet??

Another first today - I caught Aidyn sucking and chewing on his little toes!! \/ Though he stopped as soon as he saw me watching, silly boy! His toes are likely to be cleaner than his fingers anyway, lmao!!

Goodluck tomorrow Tootie, try not to be too scared...I'm sure both you and Jacob will get though it ok.

HI girls,
    well done on Aidyns first tooth (well done Aidyn I mean). Before you knoiw it he'll have a mouthful of them.

Tootie is tomorrow needle day? I remembe taking Jordan my first for her first injection, she cried before the needle cause it was council injections and all the babies were crying. I cried after she got the needle cause she was crying and they gave me a jelly bean (how embarrasment!) I then went to my GP for injections and things were fine. My brother tried to get me to take my niece as he felt bad but I refused, why shuld she be mad at me, I'm going to be her best Aunty! I know it seems bad but it is for a good cause. I have been through it all 3 times and have one to go. They are better when they are little. Joshua had to get his 5 yr old injection and I held his arms Dh held his legs and he screamed the drs down. The big woose!

I had my 6 week check today, went to the hospital where they told me to go only to be told that I had to go to my drs surgery as I was a private patient, which annoys me as I tried to tell the midwife who booked the appointment that, anyway the midwife from my delivery was there and kindly rang my Dr and made me an appoint for 4.30pm.

I took the girls, Jemma and Jessica to Broadmeadows shopping centre for photos, and I can't wait to see them. Jessica smiled and laughed and looked gorgous, Jemma was going to be a fairy, but within 2 secs ditched the tiara and wings and tried to take off the dress, we managed to distract her a little with a wand and a rousing rendition of Twinkle Twinkle and she was so cute. The only problem, as usual is the price Approx $330 for all the poses (about 6). But I am a sucker and usually buy everything as they are only that age once and the thought of them destroying photos of my babies is very sad.

Hope things are a little calmer for you dd. Arron went fishing yesterday arvo, got home about 9.30-10pm and then tonight had the cheek to comment on the state of the house. Well well! If he has a complaint then he should pick up his dirty clothes from outside the bathroom, clean up the mess he made when he cooked tea, and get his slippers out of the lounge. I have been out the last 2 days sso bad luck. I told him to "Shut up or clean up yourself!" He grumbled but didn't clean- his bad luck.

Today was a muggy day which ended in rain, I hate extremes in weather. AT least I got the washing in, I hate spending an hour hanging it out and then having to re-dry it cause I forgot to bring it in.

Anyway i am rambling
    Goodnight all
    Best wishes Michelle

Melinda Guest

Yep Michelle, today was needle day. I had to giggle at you being given a jellybean! hehehe LOL @ Jemma ditching the tiara and wings....so glad that Jessica was smiling and laughing for them!!

Jacob was such a good boy with his needles....he only cried very briefly which was good and he's having a bit of a sleep ATM. He seems a bit restless though....like he's not able to 'properly' sleep IYKWIM? He's been a little grizzly but nothing major. I'm so proud of him for being so good and not screaming the doctor's surgery down! LOL And I'm proud of me for not screaming it down either! ROFLMAO I couldn't look when the nurse gave him the needles mind you....

LOL... I used to work with a GP in Sydney and sometimes when the babies came for vaccinations, I would go in to help hold them & the Mums would go out! But then when it was time for Matilda's needles I closed my eyes & looked the other way! LOL!!!

YAY for Jacob being good!

Pietta Guest

I am petrified of Ryley getting needles now!

We have had a crazy last two days!! We went to visit IL's for dinner and all day Ryley was crying and grizzly. We settled him in the car on the way over but when we got there... holy moly!! He cried and cried. I knew he had a belly ache the poor little thing. MIL (was shocked that she did this!) rubbed his belly for about an hour and he did his poop. Well it was the dryest poop i have ever seen in my life- and i've worked with disabled and elderly people. I started crying coz i thought that would have really hurt. Then he slept like a log which was good. Then yesterday he decided he doesnt want to fall asleep after/ during a feed anymore (remember my concern!! pfft!!) and wants to play all the time. It was horrible this morning as after every feed 12, 3am and 6am he wated to play and wouldnt sleep and for some subconcious reason i cant sleep until he is settled!! GRRR!!!
    Now he is asleep in his rocker. I tricked him into sleeping by turning off the telly and leaving the room so there was zero stimulation. He cried for a bit but i knew he was okay and then he fell asleep. Not the best place to sleep but he looks comfie!

I cant wait to go have my 6 week check up to see how long til i can play sport again!! hehehehe

Yay for Aidyn and his first tooth!! Woo hoo!! I hope the rest are easy for you both Ambah!!
    Yay for Jacob being brave too!! What a good boy!!
    LOL @ the jellybean for Mum Michelle!! With the photos I could have got the photos from pixi foto for Ryley but they were $380 for the lot and I couldnt afford it. Maybe at a later date...

I must be blessed here in Perth coz the weather is pretty mice for the last few days. Not too hot not too cold. A bit drizzly but nothing to whinge about. You should all move to Perth see!! Then the WA forum wouldnt be so.... uneventful!! hehehehe

LOL @ michelle's jelly bean.

Hehe, Pee, I couldn't wait for my 6 week check either, but I was more interestted in getting back to bedroom sport IYKWIM?

Yay for Jacob being a good boy with the needles. Brandon was unsettled like that after his second lot, but I put that down to having to be at grandmas for tea that night (i'm not the only one not fond of MIL) as well as needles.

spiddles Guest

What a day!! Am exhausted. Have a wedding on Saturday so went shopping and bought Liam a pumpkin patch outfit. Had to go buy myself something too as nothing fits. Before I was pregnant was size 8 now am pushing size 16 (its not good)

Been going through boxes and giving everything we havent used in months to the bushfire victims...helps us and helps them.

Pee go to the doc and get it checked out. A week after Liam was born was getting really strong pains worse than what the had been. Went to doc and had infection and needed antibotics. He said its very comon in women that have vaginal births. I know you had a cesaren but get it checked out.

I cant really tell how much Liam is having because he is breast fed but seems to want it every 2 hours during the day and when I do express he usually finiahes a whole bottle which is around 125 mils and sometimes wants more. He hasnt been weighed in 3 weeks and his checkup isnt until next week as couldnt fit him in. He seems heavier and has 5-8 wet nappies a day but usually has the smae amount of poos. Everyone always says how tiny he is. Hope he is doing ok.

Melinda Guest

OMG I seriously spoke too soon before........Jacob hasn't been a happy camper at all!! He was asleep when I posted before, but holy cow, when he woke up, it was awful. He was just screaming his little head off....I was crying with him!!! It was time for a feed too so I did that in amongst the bouts of screaming and he managed to take quite a bit of the bottle and was sleepy to boot and was trying to fall asleep in my arms, but every time I moved, he woke up and screamed again! In the end I had to put him in his bassinette as I needed to go to the loo!! He's finally stopped screaming and is having another sleep.....it's definitely the needles that are making him so sleepy as he doesn't normally sleep immediately after a feed during the day (or at least not 2 feeds in a row). He's actually awake a lot during the days and has only one proper sleep during the day (and he slept for 10 hours last night! OMG!) One of his legs is quite red too....poor little man. I've got the panadol on standby for later on just in case! I hope he's ok......

Hi Ladies

Pee - Sorry to hear that Ryley is giving you a hard time. Asha went through a stage like that but she is pretty much over it ... in fact she sleeps through the night most nights (she has woken at 2.30 twice in the last month!). I sure hope Ryley is feeling better ... Asha is always so happy when she has done a poo LOL.

Tootie - Sorry to hear that Jacob isn't very happy. I will say to you that when Emma & Jack were immunised it was advised to give them a dose of Panadol about 30 minutes before their immunisations so that the Panadol would kick in just after they had their needles. Just thought I would let you know. Asha is off for her second lot next week, not looking forward to it because I know that these ones will be worse (in terms of her reaction).

Spiddles - I bet Liam looks just gorgeous in his outfit. I love Pumpkin Patch but have to go on my own as Ryan says they are too expensive and won't let me buy anything when he is there. As for being tiny ... poeple are still telling me that about Asha. She isn't that tiny anymore ... still compared to my other two she is a wee little thing.

Ambah - Glad to hear Aidyn's tooth has finally cut through. Just be sure to brush it now .

Christy - Sorry to read about your good/bad news the other day. I didn't reply as I had no idea what to say because I was like you ... part of me would have sent it all back and the other part of me would have wanted to spend it on the kids. I was thinking about you though and am glad you and Pete have worked out a solution that suits you.

Michelle - Can't wait to see the photos ... I am the same when it comes to photos I usually buy the lot even if it means I have to go without something LOL ... can't bear not to buy them (unless theya re really bad ones). I should get Asha's photos in the mail in the next couple of weeks and I then have 7 days to pay for them or take them back. The whole collection will cost $260 and I go back to work on Monday so guess what my first pay cheque will be covering LOL.

Well Emma & Jack get back today at 4.30 and Asha has a Chiropractor appointment at 3.30 so we will be cutting it fine. Hopefully the plane will be a little late or we get out of the Chiropractors quickly.

I had Asha weiged today and she is now 6100gms and is 62cms long and has a head circ of 60cms. She is growing so fast ... she will be 4 months on Monday (the day I go back to work) and I would love for her to stop here for a little while. I have to remember to start making bigger bottles although she still struggles to get through 180mls some feeds!!!

Well better go as I have a heap of things to do before I go to the airport etc...

Cheers

spiddles Guest

Pee - Have you tried giving Ryley cooled boiled water?? (donno if that will help with constipation) Don't they say that formula fed babies can get dihydrated.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast