Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 month General Chatter

Pietta Guest

Hello everyone!
    Not having too bad a day today. I am trying to get Ryley used to falling asleep in his cot as apposed to everywhere else. For some reason he just wont settle in there or stay asleep for that matter!!
    I hate listening to him cry but i want him to fall asleep in there...

Thats awesome your work lets you take Matilda in Christy. I imagined the giggle at the guniea pig- gorgeous!! She seems to have a real little personality huh!

I am not looking forward to the needles. Ambah you mentioned one month needles? I never have heard of them... do they still have them?

I havent give Ryley too much tummy time yet coz he cries! (softie Mum) but LOL @ Cohen. Like someone said- that'll definately be a story you'll remember to tell him!!

Susan- I hope a full belly will make you feel better. I know what a pain cars are money wise. Sometimes i think they just arent worth it. How is the house hunting going?

Pee I had the same problem with Matilda, I didn't get her to sleep in her cot until she was around 8 weeks old, and only on her belly would she fall asleep!! or when the head of the cot was raised it made it more comfortable for the reflux. She loved sleeping in our bed then, now she won't sleep in our bed, its for feeding & rolling around in between mummy & daddy! We stimulate her way too much...lo...

#-o Sorry to anyone that paid attention to what I wrote!!! I don't know why I wrote 1 month injection...I actually meant the 8 week injection!!! (I am sooo off with the fairies today, LOL!!)

Woohoo for Liam, Spiddles!!! What a strong little boy he must be!!!
    Aidyn did not roll over until he was 4 months!!

Pee - I can't get Aidyn to settle in his cot even now. He always sleeps on our bed during the day for his naps, and we settle him there for his nighttime sleep too, and we wait until he is fast asleep before we transfer him over.
    On one hand I think I should be making more of an effort to get him to learn to settle in the cot, but on the other hand I have found something that works really well for all of us, so why try to change it?

Hope you can get something big and yummy to eat soon Susan!!! I know all too well how it feel to have no food in the house...

It's ok Pee, the main reason we spent so much on the car was that we only just bought it this fortnight, and it needed an anchor point and seatbeat put in for the car seat.

Hi girls,
    Wont have time for personals at this stage. After being away for a week and also not feeling so well earlier in the week, I have missed quite a bit. So much to catch up on.

Amelia continues to go 8hrs between her night feed so that is very good. She had her mchn check today and now weighs 9lb 12oz or 4.5kg. her head is in the top % so looks like she will have a big head. All other measurments are av. She loves her daddy as she smiles all the time for him where as everyone else has to work hard at it.
    Our biggest acheivement is-she lays on her back with big bird play gym over her and she has learnt to hit the toys with her R hand. She has also learnt to move her pink teddy if put beside her.

Craddle cap has arrived. On her eyebrows(can you believe it) and forhead. I am smothering it with sorbalene cream which seems to be doing the trick.
    Well I think that is it for now. Will hopefully post some personals soon.
    Hope you are all well.

Marcia Guest

WOW! We have some clever little babies in here! =D> to Liam for rolling over and =D> to Amelia for playing with her toys! Hudson doesn't even attempt to roll over yet and has only just started to hit and grab toys recently too. I must say that like pee, we don't do a lot of tummy time either as after about 1 minute Hudson screams about it too. I guess even 1 minute is better than nothing, but I really should try to get him on his belly more often.

Pietta Guest

My CHN said to me that even when he is laying chest to chest that is included as tummy time and as Ryley lays on my belly all the time to settle, she said it should be fine.
    We had a HORRIBLE afternoon with the whole cot thing. I gave Ryley a bottle and waited til just before he went to sleep and put him in his cot. Well he was wide awake after that and that was it!! He was awake today for such a LONG time. 7.30-11 then 2-7.30 with only a couple of 5 minute power naps whilst i was holding him or in his pram. I think Ryley sees his cot as play time and not sleep time so I'll have to figure something out because he normally sleeps in his pram at night and pretty much for all his sleeps and at the rate he is growinghe will be too big to comfortably fit for a decent sleep pretty soon!

Hmmm.. the joys of parenthood. On the plus side I had my first laugh today. I was stroking his head trying to get him to sleep and I almost fell asleep myself and stroked his whole face!! He found it oh so amusing and I had a good 5 second giggle from him. Ryley has been reaching out to his toys for a week or so and when he moves them or touches the hanging ones he gets scared and/or upset. :-s

Well I am knackered so thats enough for me! Thanks for straightening out the one month needles. I thoght maybe i had lived in a bubble or somethinG!!

Hey Rose, you're not alone, Aidyn had really bad cradle cap on his eyebrows and forhead in the beginning (well, it actually arrived at about 6-8 weeks)
    Its wonderful when they start playing with their toys isn't it! I remember being so excited when Aidyn did that!

YAY for Ryley's first laugh!!!! \/
    Pee I don't have any advice on how to get them to settle in the cot, as I still can't do it! But what began to work for me from about week 8 was lying next to Aidyn on our bed and stoking his nose & head, & keep replacing his dummy until he falls asleep (though sometimes it is not as simple as I make it sound!!!) I know it doesn't answer the cot problem, but for me it ended up working like a dream to get him to take naps.

Argh... have to go to bed, will be up again in 6 hours.

Yeah Rose, Brandon had it on his eyebrows too. Almost gone now, but occasionally it comes back. We use olive oil.

Hi Marcia

Dont worry about not rolling Lachlan still doesn't either, but he doesn't get alot of floor time either otherwise Kameron will be rugby tackling him. I like knowing where he is LMAO.

Love :hbeat:

Thats cute Pee the first giggle, or chuckle! How sweet... Matilda cracks up at peek a boo...

I hear you about the whole floor time thing, thats why I've set up a play pen... I felt a bit guilty at first putting Matilda in a cage, but I had to keep the household animal & baby friendly and for now I thought I could set it up with quilts & toys and she loves it now, its her play area....she's just started picking up toys while on her belly and putting them in her mouth, so she'll reach out & grab something & pull it up into her mouth... bit cute although if its a little bit out of reach its the end of the world.

Thats something I wanted to ask... Matilda in the last two weeks has been either laughing/giggling/smiling or screaming like life is over.... I can't get around what is going on... and her screaming is awful, like she's being hurt... and sometimes I run to her & its just the fact that the toy is out of reach, or she's decided that she wants to be on her back but the thing is she can roll really well now and doesn't need any assistence so ???

So...my question is....has anyone else noticed their babies are settled one week and then tempermental the next??

I couldn't handle it this morning so I put her in her cot only to have her start giggling & chatting away :-s I've got the start of a migrane so I've taken a nurofen which you aren't supposed to take while bf but its the only thing that helps prevent migranes for me, so Matilda will just have to have bottles the next day or so & I'll just have to express her 2 feeds a day she's on.... and I've vomitted twice, done a PG test because I still haven't had a period and got very scared, but thats negative Thank God! But I think its just from the migrane... too bad there is sooooo much to do around here.... I'll just have a shower now while Matilda is asleep & hope things settle for me & for her!

Christy, you poor thing.

Hope your day has gotten better.

It's so hot here. We went and boought some shades for the car, and a hat for brandon, and some shopping and on the way home (5 minutes) Brandon fell asleep in the car. He didn't even wake up when we got home and DP transferred him to the cot!

Hot here today too pushed the 38c barrier in the city. Hottest Adelaide day for October in 15 years nearly 39 where I live 25km out of the city.

lachlan is not liking it one bit. Kameron is having a field day out in his clam shell

Love :hbeat:

Thanks Susan... I'm feeling better, I had my nurofen & a bit of a rest, had too much going on in my head to really rest though...ykwim?

Well a sad thing happened today, I was holding MAtilda because she didn't want to be put down today (our first official clingy day!) and I was on the computer and she arched her back quickly & smacked her head on the back of the wooden chair... it was so sad & I felt really bad, but since then she really isn't getting out of my arms for any reason other than she has fallen asleep & I can put her down for a minute... I'm getting the sling on next wake up so I can still do things with her in my arms! LOL!....

I hope it cools down for you girls!! YUCK! Today has been great here in the house, I haven't ventured out though...

Hi everyone

Asha is having a huge sleep this afternoon (has been asleep for almost 3 hours now)! We went and had photos taken this mornign and I can't wait to get them back ... she smiled so much the photographer couldn't believe how easy it was to make her smile. She said it usually takes a fair bit to get the kids to smile with the lights and camera etc ... We are having more photos taken on the 23rd October ... all of us Family portrait time (best Christmas presents in the world). Busy Busy Busy here!!!

Cheers

spiddles Guest

I've started going through the toys and seeing what Liam can play with cause he loves pulling his dummy out and swinging it around and throwing it. He's hands are so strong but tiny and all I could find was a rattle for him to play with that would fit made out of plastic. So I was playing with it and I put it in his hands and he was all happy and then he swung it too hard and hit himself in the head and cried for bit.....Dont think I will be giving that back to him for a while.

I have to keep my eye on him now...since he rolled onto his belly 3 times yesterday and today was on the middle of lambswool on his back...went away for 5 mins and came back and he was still on his back but managed to squirm all the way off the bottom of the lambswool onto carpet. Donno how he does it Have started to roll up bunny rugs and putting them each side of him while he is down.

dd Guest

Hi all,

Ok I'm annoyed and gotta vent my annoyance so here goes....

It is soo hot here - Shynelle is not coping at all with the heat. She's been struggling to get in her bottles and she has been grizzling all day - except ofcourse when I hold her which has been most of the day and I'm thinking of putting her in the sling so I can do things if she doesn't settle in the next ten minutes.

I just spoke with DH and told him how Shynelle's unsettled and has been making it difficult for me to do anything today and all I got was "Well you need to sort yourself out cause other people do it and they can get things done" - I can't believe he said this - I have been working all morning from home for work and now he's complaining like I don't do anything when I'm working from home and going into the office as well as getting dinner sorted and keeping the house tidy (which is hard with him cause he picks NOTHING UP behind him) and feed, bath and entertain a 3 and a half month old baby!!!!!

Ok it's pretty much all out sorry for the complaint but I've got no where else to turn sometimes......

Hope everyone else is ok...

Oh dd. You tell him from me (and I'm sure the other girls in here too) that we don't get things done around the house and look after a baby and cook and work.

In fact I don't know how you find time to work from home at all! The most I do around here that isn't for Brandon is cook dinner. I do Brandon's bottles and washing, but as for cleaning, well I'll wash the dishes if I need them to cook, and sometimes I do them when DP is out for the day, but that's only when Brandon is settled.

He's sitting in his bouncinette next to me because he wouldn't settle in the lounge where DP is asleep, and it's too hot to hold him.

Tell your DH that when a baby won't settle, no one gets anything done and it's usually takeout for tea.

Hope Shynelle settles soon. Do you have a fan that you can put on in her room? If it's really hot there, you can do what my mum did with her first (45 years ago) and put a big block (these days I guess it would be a big bowl, cause those big blocks are harder to come by) of ice in front of the fan, so the air is blown over it, and voila! Homemade aircon!

Oh, and Spiddles, Brandon manages to do the same thing with his polar fleece blanket, and it's the size of a single bed! Although it usually takes him around ten minutes or so.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast