Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 month - 3 months, April '05

Rob, sorry to hear that Nate has been ill. It's so scary when little ones get sick. I hope that he gets better real soon.

Naomi, how long has Nick been down with the Gastro for, Noah has had it since Friday and it's still hanging around. I have put him back into nappies at the moment, I hope it doesn't throw us off the toilet training, we were doing so good too. Tehya has already had the bug twice since she was born, the first time at 2 weeks. It's so hard to stop it spreading, everyone in the house apart from me has had it so far.

Keep your germs away people

Take care
    Trish

Trish, he's had it for a couple of days now, he was outside with dp last night without a nappy on to try and cool his bum down a bit coz it's given him hellish nappy rash, and he went to do a fart and he sprayed the back step LOL it scared him but i couldn't stop laughing.
    I'm keeping him of dairy for 24 hours to see if it settles.

LOL at him spraying the stairs. I think poor Noahis scared to fart at the moment. He needed to do one before and told me he needed to do nuggets (thats what he calls poo) so I put down the baby then he tells me no - farts, sure did smell like nuggets
    I have had him off dairy for a couple of days now. It's killing him. He still has a bottle which I am trying so very hard to get him off - this may be the time. So I am just giving him water or a little lemonade in a cup instead.

IKWYM about the nappy rash, Noahs poor bum was so red it looked like a bullseye and he screamed if I put cream on t that he was begging for. He even asked his big brother to do it for him. POor little man.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh Rob! Poor little Nate and how bloody scary for you and Renae. I hope he recovers soon and gets back to being fighting fit.

Scarlett Guest

Rob I really hope Nate is doing better today, like Deb said that must have been terribly scary. How are you and Renee holding up??

Nice to see some more people moving over here, hope everyones gastro problems clear up soon.

Have had an interesting day - 7 poohey nappies. Usually there is one every second day. Figure she had been saving it up or something. Anyway Kev is in Hugendon tonight so fingers crossed she sleeps well for me. Realised it is really hard trying to have dinner whilst being the only one there to care for a baby. I have to take my hat off to single mothers, I don't know how they manage.

Hope everything is okay Rob.

Trish - I had thought of bibs but thought they may be too dangerous still? I have many cloth nappies as 'spew' rags all over the place, so that adds to the washing as well. We are actually moving this Friday.. so really busy atm. Hope you guys get over the gastro.. also you too Naomi.

Matthew wasn't well himself today. This morning was okay, this arvo when I was finishing lunch, he was in his bouncer, quite happy with life looking at the fishies, all of a sudden he let out an almighty scream and didn't stop for the next hour. I never heard such painful sobs from him, he really was distraught. I had bever heard him be like this, so I checked his nappy, all okay, checked his body for any weird rashes, all ok, checked his temp, all ok, offered him a boob for a feed- not interested, just screamed even more. I really didn't know what to do and was getting quite upset myself so I called the MHCN whom after asking me a few things told me that it seemed like wind pain. Wind pain? Golly I never realised it affected them this bad? She told me all I could do is hold him, which I did for the next 2 hours and he finally calmed down and fell asleep in my arms. After a bit of a snooze he had a feed, bit more of a snooze, play with Dad, bath and then a feed and now he is sleeping soundly. My poor baby! I felt so helpless and I am exhausted. Hope it's not likely to happen again - any advice would be appreciated!

Nell, i'm sorry to hear about Matthews wind pain poor thing, have you tried gripe water? I swear by the stuff, just a couple of mls from a syringe and he should be right.

Trish, hope Noah gets better soon. There's nothing worse hey?

Rob, poor little Nate. Hope is gets better real quick.

Nell, bibs arn't all that dangerous if you use the ones that have velcro or tie up at the back. I think the ones that dont un-do you cant use until later as it could cause a chocking hazard if they sleep with it on.

I hope Nate is feeling better now Rob.

Nell, I have bibs on Zander already. I just make sure to take them off before putting him to bed. I only use the velcro or press stud ones for the moment though.

Nell, if Matthew does this again, try a nice warm bath or shower, with you is best, the warmth on the tummy helps, and kkep him upright over your chest, again tummy to bb's ummm thats all I can think of that used to work for my kids when they did this , oh and music, and me humming ( the vibrations) used to help to. Sorry about butting in

Nell, I have always used bibs, Tehya likes to have a chuck after her feeds and also whenever we change her nappy??? I think it's because her belly gets squashed up. Annyway, I think that they are fine to use as long as you take them off when they go to bed.

As for Matthews other problem, it's horrible seeing them obviously distressed and you can't do anything for them. I would do the same, give him a nice warm bath, have a cuddle in there and maybe even give him some bb. Tehya and I quite often have a bath together and a feed, relaxes her even more.

Just a suggestion anyway

Take care
    Trish

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions, I really appreciate them! I did give him a bath but having one with him is a better idea. He had a good night so I hope this doesn't happen often for him. I might get some gripe water as well to have on hand.

I'll dig the bibs out... they are somewhere in his room (everything in boxes is a pain!) and give them a go, I'm sure we have velcro, press studs ones there. I am guessing it's better if they are plastic backed?

Trish - Matty chucks while being changed as well, so I think it is the tummy being squished thing, however he chucks when lying down as well in his cot, so who knows?

Nell, if Matthew is chucking while lying down the recommendation is to have their bed elevated to 30 degrees. Just chuck some phone books under the legs of the cot to raise his head. It seems to have helped Zander a bit. I think the idea is that the stuff in their tummy has gravity helping it stay down.

OMG I actually belong in this thread now! How scary is that?!

Welcome Sarah, it goes really fast doesnt it, how are you and Zander going? I hope he is letting you get some sleep now.

How is everyone else?

Well, we're going ok, Ryan has his checkup and Immunization tommorrow, so i hope he doesnt scream too much, he is sleeping really well and only wakes up once during the night for a feed which is good.

Take care

Welcome Sarah!! Hope Zander and yourself are doing okay. Thanks for the suggestion for the cot, I meant to do something last night but totally forgot, I'll do it today..

Naomi - glad Ryan is only getting you up once for a feed. Good news here is that Matthew is sleeping right through - 9/10/11 hour sleeps overnight. I am a very lucky woman. Good luck for the immunsiation, ours was Friday but as we are moving, I decided to change it to the following week.

It's not all good news, we had a similar afternoon yesterday, wind pain, not as bad as the day before but he wasn't happy. Not until Daddy gave him a nice deep bath and a good feed. Then he was down for the night.

Hey Rob - am hoping that Nate is doing okay.

Another one to join today

Woohoo for us Sarah!

Will catch up with all the goss in here later, go a load of house work to get done.

I'll retype my details... they didn't make it on the list in the newborn thread...
    Forum Name: Tajemi
    State: Vic
    Baby's DOB: 20/03/05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3730g (8lb 40z) Length - 52cm (21in) Head Circ - 36cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Violet Crystal
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/i/insideofme
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) none...yet
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 40weeks 1day, NVD, breastfeeding

Hey Girls,

Sarah, how time flies hey. Before you know it he'll be walking and talking.
    Good to hear that you had a better night last night. Hopefully Zander is getting the whole sleep thing sorted

Naomi and Nell, you guy's are lucky only one or even no wakeups. I don't think I can remember the last time I got a full nights sleep.

We have our 6 week check up today. Tehya still has her rash on her face, I was told it is a hormone rash but it seems to get worse with heat sooo, and I don't think that it's heat rash. Oh course when I put her back down this morning her face is pretty clear, what's the bet it's clear when we go to the Dr's.. Also have majorly cracked/split nipples right across the base of them. I have tried wearing nipple shields but they are causing my bb's to block ](*,) Other than that I don't really have any issues to bring up with her. Although I do think that Tehya has gotten Noah's gastro again.
    I swear the poo in this house never ends.

I will be back and post what happens at the Dr's later. Have a great day all.

Take care
    Trish

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast