Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: 1 month - 3 months, April '05

Definately try the swing again Deb. It's great, usually give me a chance to make dinner in peace! Yay for Gabby finally giving daddy a smile. I bet he was soooo proud.

Hey girls,
    hope your long w/e was a good one.

Sarah, how fantastic that Zander is giggling for you... they sound so cute when they giggle. Yay at the talking too. Violet has been very talkative the passed week too, no giggling tho.

Deb, yay for neil finally getting to see his little princess smile for the first time.

Trish, I don't like the idea of a wet nurse!! I think I would make a good one too... how much do they charge? lol!! I think I would prefer a house keeper over a nanny, I am not too good around the house.

I got home this evening around 8:30pm and the front door was open. I said to Alecia, I am sure i locked it when I left (stayed at mums for a couple of days, Wato went to melb for the w/e) so anyway Alecia stayed in the car while I went to check..... I got to the wire door to find the front door on the floor inside! The glass in it was smashed and the whole door frame was also still attatched! The door had fallen in! I have no idea how. So it took me a while to clean up all the glass and I put news paper over the wire part of the other door. Lucky it isn't cold!
    Thanx for the congrats on graduation... such a relief to have it over with!
    Violet has been a lot better the passed couple of days, lets hope I haven't jinxed myself this time by saying something about it. She is really starting to become her own little person, gooing and smiling and watching oyu as you talk to her... awww I love it!

Tanya

Tanya, you are so lucky that no one had gotten into your house and raided it. I felt sure that was where your post was going to. Can I have the housekeeper too? Or is that just being greedy. Mark tells me I can have one as long as she's goodlooking and he can use her body to keep him off my back

Don't you love the way bub stares at you when your talking to them. Like they are hanging onto every word you have to say. It's soo sweet. I guess we should make the most of it before they know everything

Deb, yay at Gabby handing out the smiles, too cute hey. I'm thinking about going for walks, does that count? Noah is bad for running off and I don't know how I would go if it were just me, Noah and Tehya. Don't fancy having to leg it after Noah with the pram. Maybe I need a walking partner.

Had an ok night with Tehya, nothing to rave about unfortunately. I would be much happier if Noah slept in past 5.30 - 6am. I am usually awake feeding Tehya when he wakes but it would be nice to be able to catch another hours sleep. Damn school hoildays and I haven't slept in once. They finally go back tomorrow. YAY =D>

Take care
    Trish

firsttimedad Guest

Well Girls,

ME and NAe had plaesurable long weekend, heading just outside BAllarat to visit her dad "Grumpy as we call him" instead of Pa. Went up saturday afternoon came back Monday morning. On Saturday night we left Nathaniel for first time with Grumpy & partner Chris. First time either of us was away at same time. We both enjoyed a movie out "In Good Company" a funny movie, however not what we expected, but still good. It was an enjoyable night out yet weird knowing we didn't have to worry about Nathaniel for first time. Very surreal sitting watching movie being just the 2 of us.

HAd a great relaxing weekend away from the hustle and bustle of the big city, no mobiles had them both switched off and enjoyed relaxing weekend.

Great to see you are all doing well and enjoying parenthood.

Kind Regards
    Rob

Rob that is sooo funny!! Alecia's gradndparents have the same names as Nath's!! He is Grumpy and his wife is Chris! But she is now Granny (with bells on) and has been for a few years now. Great to hear you had a good w/e, well done for leaving bub for the first time too.. one of the weirdest feeling tho, don't you think?

Trish, it's not often I lock the front door anyway, but I was gone for a couple of days so yeah I am lucky. I got a student who is living next door to help me get the door outside... it was pretty heavy! There aren't many ppl here on w/e and even less on long w/e. Most of the students go home. Just in case you didn't know or had forgotten, I live on a Uni campus... it's just like a little town.

Tanya

Glad to hear you guys had a good weekend Rob.

What a shame you can't get a bit of sleep after Tehya's mornign sleep Trish. Noah won't go back to bed??

Gosh Tanya, I was expecting you to say someone had broken into your house as well. Lucky you had someone to help you clean up, I can imagine it was quite a mess.

As for us we had another interesting evening. Zander seems very unsettled of an evening at the moment, but is sleeping longer :-s He had his bottle at 6.30 & was refusing to sleep, but we finally got him down about 10.00 but he was grizzling every 1/2 hour or so. Had his next bottle at 1.30 so 7hrs since the last one. He was back in bed again at 2.00 but was grizzly again, all I had to do was bounce his hammock & he was ok though. He then slept through until 8.00 when I woke him up to have his tablet & breakfast. It's weird, he'll go a lon time between bottles now, but just doesn't sleep the whole time. I suppose getting up to bounce him every now & then is better than having to get up to him screaming all the time. So it's a small win

Hi Everyone,

Well we have finally moved into our new house - yay!! It is very exciting being here and still can't quite believe it... Matthew is going okay, bit unsettled, probably getting used to new sounds and smells. It was hard moving with a bubs though, much harder then it was being pregnant.

Sounds like bubs are all going okay... great to see.

Sarah - I wish I could leave Matty with someone overnight as well.. atm I'd settled for a day so I could try and get this house organised! How do you find the hammock with Zanders reflux?

Deb - Gabby is a cutie, I just love her photos - esp the one with Neil at his parents plot, it's sad isn't it that she isn't going to meet them? It's the same with Matty's granddad, we just have to make sure that he knows all about him esp since we named 'Albert' after him. Yay on getting the kitchen together.

Tanya - congrats on your graduation! Is your schooling done now? Does that mean you'll have to move off the campus?

Scarlett - I must confess that we also watch Matty channel - isn't it great!

Rob - great to hear that Nate is going well.

Trish - thank goodness your and Tehya's gastro is gone, I hope that poor little Noah doesn't have to suffer much longer.

That's all from me for now - enjoy bubs.

Good luck with the organising Nell. I can barely get enough time / energy to do the whole lot of our ironing these days let alone organise an entire house. The hammock is really great for Zander, he loves it & it's so easy to settle him back to sleep (most of the time). I'm not so sure it's made a difference to his reflux though.

Hi Everyone,

We are having a bad time at the moment. DH is stressed out of his mind and so I am trying to jolly along him and the baby. I don't know if I can cope with both of them. It is all falling apart. The nursery still isn't finished and so DH is trying to get bits done. The toilet was dripping and DH tried to fix it and managed to make it worse, so much so that we had no water. We had to call in a plumber. He went to the supermarket without his wallet and today he dented a car coming out of the driveway. These are only the things that I can remember. He is so messed up that he can't cope with Charlotte and gets annoyed. The last two nights Charlotte hasn't slept, no doubt she can feel the tension in the house. I am so tired. Hopefully things will improve. They can't keep on going wrong.

The hairdresser trip was good. Mum was able to come with me and took Charlotte away with her when she got tired and grumpy. I feel much more human with a haircut.

It sounds like everything is going well with everyone.

Nell, I can't manage getting the ironing done. Moving must be terrible.

Sarah, it sounds like Zander is getting there slowly.

Awww Maryann Sounds like you're really struggling at the moment which by the sounds isn't helping poor Charlotte. Fingers crossed things get better for you guys real quick.

Debbie Lee Guest

Maryann - hugs for you matey. It's hard work, hey? Sorry to hear your DH is stressing so much. Maybe convince him to go out to a mate's place for a few hours and grunt together and be men for a while? I know that it certainly keeps Neil happy (though he does it far too often!! LOL).

Nell - good to hear you are all moved into your place. It was a little sad taking Gabby to Neil's parent's plot. It sux so much because his Mum died when she was just 32 and his Dad when he was 52. Such a complete waste because they were so young. I had a little bit of a melt down in the first week when it finally hit me that they wouldn't be around to see Gabby. Baby blues! I am sure Matty will know how fantastic his Grandad was and how proud he would have been of him! I hope he settles down in his new surroundings soon.

Sarah - it sounds like Zander is really sorting his schedule out. Like you said, much better when he is not screaming! Gabby is sort of doing the same thing (though I imagine she wasnt' screaming as much as Zander because of reflux etc.). We are getting closer to the 6 week mark so I guess it stands to reason that our bubbas are getting used to life "on the outside"

Tanya - OMG @ your door!! That would have totally freaked me out! I am so glad no one knocked off any of your stuff. Yay on Violet getting better in the last few days. There must be something in the air!

Rob - good to hear that you and Renae got a bit of a break. I can't wait to be able to do that (though I think I would rather sleep than go to the movies, LOL). Still, it must have felt weird!!

Trish - you poor thing. Don't you wish that you could push a pause button on toddlers?? I have said it before - I don't know how you do it! I hope it gets easier now that school holidays are over.

We had a big day today. Lauren came over and looked after Gab while I had a shower. After a feed and wrestle with the pram because the damn thing wouldn't collapse, we went in to Kmart to show off Gabby. I used to work there (for 6.5 years - way too long!! ) and Lauren still works there so everyone was all over her! We didn't get in to the actual store for at least an hour because everyone wanted a cuddle. I bought a little outfit that said "I Love my Daddy" (I also have a t-shirt with that written on it for Gabby). Lauren also convinced me to buy a purple bonds tracky. We got the baby bonus finally so I thought "Ah, why not??". I also got a little bag to hang on the back of the pram to put some of my crap in. The basked underneath is a bugger to get to when the pram is set up for newborn. We then went in to town to look in Pumpkin patch. OMG - Sooooooo many cute things! AND there were things with bumble bees on them! Still, I couldn't justify spending $30 on one tiny little thing that she is probably going to wear for a month then grow out of so no money was spent there. I got her a photo album from Myer. All the nice ones are like scrap-books now - not the old fashioned photo albums with the sticky stuff and the clear plastic. So I bit the bullet and bought one with some photo corners. It's obviously the way to go! It's gorgeous - pink with 3 frames on the front with b&w photos of baby's bits in them (feet, hands etc.). Very pretty. I figure I will fill it with the super nice photos of Gabby and put all the other photos in regular albums. I used the baby care room in town to feed her and it was great. They have a comfy couch and chairs in there as well as all the other stuff (microwave, change tables etc.). I was impressed! Now I am exhausted!

Oooo.... our power points and gas is being connected in the kitchen as we speak! YAY!!!

Deb, sounds like you had a great day. I think Tehya has one of the shirts you are talking about, does it have on the back "Daddy Loves Me"? I love Pumkin Patch stuff but have yet to go there since Tehya was born. I know I can't be trusted I know exactly what album you are talking about too. I have one with just one window on the front for my scrap album. I am going to get Tehya a dry mount album - similar to waht you got, to put her portrait pics in with photo corners and I have the other ones in a slip in album that I got from K mart. Now that I am a scrapper I am very consious of how I tore my pics and make sure that every thing is arcival quality. Yay at the power points going in too.

Maryann, I hope that things start to get better for you guys. Your right too babies really do feel the tension. Maybe you need a break for a bit.

Sarah, No chance in Noah going back to sleep until atleast midday or some time thereafter. Bugger hey. My big boys were always late sleepers, Noah wasn't too bad when he was going to bed late but since daylight savings has ended - we saw that as the opportunity to make his bedtime earlier he has gotten up way too early. It isn't soo bad during the warmer weather or when you have to go out early, but on the cold mornings all you want to do is stay in bed. Heres hoping he will too when the cold weather hits.

Nell, YAY at being moved. I'm sure that Matty will settle in really soon. It really is hard moving when you have kids, I couldn't imagine how it must be with a newborn though.

Mark is at touch footy tonight. So far things are going ok. All of the kids (and me) are bathed and fed. The Simpsons is keeping them entertained atm. Tehya is in bed half asleep, get the occasional whinge and I just go and replace the dummy for her. Hoepfully she does get up before 9pm though so I can give her a big feed and get her settled. I think we may have thrown her abit tonight as she had her bath just after 6pm and usually she doesn't have it til around 8pm. Just wanted to get it done before Mark left. Hope I'm not sorry for it later [-o<

Take care
    Trish

firsttimedad Guest

Hi All,

It sounds like all are enjoying their musical swings. Nathaniel loved his to start with and since doesn't like it anymore anbd just screams. Prefers to be put in the floor rocker or just on a blanket on the floor. So if anyone who hasn't got a musical swing and is interested in our let us know if you want it.

Rob

Well, last night wasn't too bad. It was hard to get Charlotte down and so she didn't go to bed until 8:30 but after that I was up at 12 and 4 for feeds and I didn't have to keep on jumping up to comfort her like I did the night before so I am happier.

Trish, how did Tehya go down after her early bath?

Deb, it sounds as if that kitchen is coming on beautifully. It will be fantastic when everything is done.

Maryann, she woke up a few times last night - like when I was playing trivia but the boys got her back to sleep for me She woke again around 9ish so I gave her a feed and she stayed awake for a while. Couldn't really say exactly what time she crashed out as I was holding her on the lounge and I think I feel asleep first 8-[ Woke up around 12.30 and went into bed and gave her a feed then another one around 4am and up by 6.30am. I guess it wasn't soo bad but would love it if we could cut out the 4 o'clock feed.

Sounds like Charlotte settled good last night. Actually I think both Charlotte and Tehya are running on the same clock.

Rob, what s pity Nate doesn't like his swing anymore, Tehya loves rolling around on the floor. She rolls from her back to her side and back again, also seems to be able to move herself around a fair bit too.

Take care
    Trish

Hi Girls

I wont be changing your thread over since there is only 3 days left of the month, so not much point really

Love

LOL at the "I Love My Daddy" t-shirt, Zander has the same one!!

Deb I think we have the same photo album in blue! BIL bought it for us for Christmas. I have a stack of digital photos I want to get printed off so I can finally start the album. Woohooooo at getting the power points put in.

Sounds like you were totally organised last night Trish. Well done to the boys putting Tehya back to sleep so you got some mummy time.

Yay at Charlotte sleeping better last night Maryann. Here's hoping it continues.

We had another pretty good night last night. Zander went for 10hrs between feeds (6.30-5.00), but was grizzly all night - had to get up to put him dummy back in about 15 times! He woke up again at 7.15 & I couldn't be bothered jumping in & out of bed again so I put him in bed with me & we had a snuggle until 9.30

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - sounds like you got an ok sleep last night? Still, getting up to put the dummy in so many times had to be a pain!

Trish - I bet losing that 4am feed would be bliss, hey?

Maryann - good to hear you had a better night.

We went to visit aunty Fi Fi today. I took over some evil custard pecan cake and some cheese and bacon rolls for lunch so we pigged out. Yum! Fi is doing really, really well and Jenna is as cute as ever! I will load up the two pics I got of her and Gabby before my batteries went dead again!! Grrr!!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast