Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 month - 3 months, April '05

LOL at not wanting to hand over the video once it's done Deb!!

It is funny how they're so good for someone other than mum & dad even at this early age isn't it Scarlett!

Wow at the bargains you got Trish!

Debbie Lee Guest

Is anyone else hungry all the time? I could eat a horse I reckon!! LOL

Oh, and, Sarah and Tanya - yay on 5 weeks today for Zander and Violet!

LOL, Deb I'm hearing you on the hungry thing. I think it has more to do with bfing. You need to keep up your nourishment as bub is taking all of the good stuff leaving us with jack. I still have to get Tehya's birth tape sorted out, we taped it with my brothers video camera and it's still on one of those little tapes, there's not alot of point putting it onto a video tape either as we don't have a vcr atm. I would love to get it onto a disk but don't know how to go about it. Stupid me.

Wow, Zander and Violet are getting old aren't they

Take care
    Trish

Gabby's not too far behind!!

Hungry? I on the other hand keep forgetting to eat! I'll get to say 3 or 4pm & realise I haven't had breakfast or lunch. Most of the time I decide not to bother until dinner seeing as it's that late anyway. Aaron keeps telling me off, you have to think of you too, blah blah blah!

Trish re: the small tapes to DVD thing.
    We had the same problem as our wedding video in Broome was taken on a borrowed video camera which used the little tapes....the only way to view it was to watch it on the telly hooked up to the camera.

We looked on yellowpages.com for a video transfer company/business in our area...and found a guy who does it all from home...we have yet to drop off our little video...but it can be done. Tranfered onto dvd that is.

HTH

chrissy

Thanks for that Chrissy, I knew that it was possible I just have no idea on it. Do you think they watch what they are copying. They'd certainly get an eye full from mine

Sarah, I don't think to make myself lunch either. Breakfast on the other hand I have to have not long after I get up. It's bad thought because instead of making a sandwich or something I pick on crap. That won't help trying to loose these post baby kilo's.

Take care
    Trish

LOL @ the 'eye-full' Trish. That would be funny to see the face of the person. We have digital video cameras at school which you can plug straight into the computer, if you have a digital imaging program, like 'i-movies' (mac) etc...you can burn them straight to disk.
    Technology is so confusing 8-[

Debbie Lee Guest

Chrissy - I will definitely have to look into doing that. I imagine that videos will soon be a thing of the past before too long so it will be good to have our precious footage on DVD. Much easier to copy too!

Trish - LOL @ the video guys copping an eye full! It would certainly be one of their more "interesting" jobs

Sarah - tisk, tisk @ forgetting to eat but I can understand. It's a bit hard to think about yourself when you have so much to do with Zander. For a while there I was forgetting to eat but I think my appetite is slowly kicking back in. It will be great once my oven is in and I can start cooking up a storm.

We went ok last night. Gabby was far more unsettled for this party and only slept for about 30 minutes. Thankfully there were stacks of people just hanging for a cuddle so I palmed her off most of the time. I was nordy and had a bourbon but didn't even finish it because it went warm while I was tending to Miss Thing. Ah well. It was a really warm night last night so I had to strip her down to her singlet and nappy before wrapping her. She still felt pretty warm which is why I think she didn't settle. That and the fact that she had a huuuuuge sleep during the day (which is very unlike her but wonderful!).
    We got home at about 12:30am, I gave her a bottle and was in bed by 1:30am. She slept through until 7:45am then settled back down again by 9am. I tried to go back to bed again but I am wide awake now. Plus, Neil is snoring in bed with death-breath (he had a few beers last night so it's 1000 times worse than normal) so I couldn't really get back to sleep if I wanted to. Time to fix up the spare room I think! That way I can go in there if I really, really need to sleep.

Hi guys!!! It sounds like you are all doing really well...it may not feel that way but when I read your posts I smile and think of how well you sound compared to me at that stage

Sarah...(I always have a post for you ) Matilda's first two lots of meds for reflux caused severe constipation ( a few days and a heap more screaming...) but the last lot wasn't as fantastic on the reflux, we went from silent reflux to vomiting as well but no constipation. So my laundry went up but my sanity got better...

& if I had a mother next door...that is where Matilda would be for a few hours every other day... As it is she has an afternoon a week for an hour or so at our neighbours house so I can have some "sanity" time. In other societies women aren't left alone all day to care for their babes...they have relos all around them supporting them, even other mums bf'ing if they are having problems with their milk, so don't ever feel bad about getting support. Zander will have a wonderful idea of community and family growing up this way.

Debbie Lee Guest

That's right, Christy.
    Even in our society, they used to have "wet" nurses that would BF for you! Though I imagine that was probably just for the well-to-do.
    What is that saying "It takes a community to bring up a child". Western cultures have it pretty screwed up I think!

Trish - What a bugger you caught the bug too. GRRRR!!! And you were doing so well. I have just checked out Tehya's photos and they are great!! She looks like such a cutie in all her big girls clothes.
    In a way I have it lucky cause I have hand me downs for africa of gorgeous girls clothes, but I would liek to buy a few things too. As it is, I dont think I will have to buy any baby clothes for at least a year. And even then, I will keep getting the hand me downs, and wont need to buy too much. I dont really mind cause they are really nice things. If they were crappy I wouldn't be so obliging....

Sarah - I am so jealous of your ability to hand the baby over for the night. I would probably fret, as I'm sure you did. I told Shane its a mumma-baby thing!

Deb - way to go on all the parties!! I'm too slefish at the mo, and I want to sleep when I can, so I know parties just upset her system. I dont even want to go visiting cause of the hassle. I'm fine taking her out to Lara - we were out yesterday and I got 2 windows painted which was great. My garden is looking SOOO bloody fab. I reckon only a few weeks and it will be on the market. Yay! Hopefully it sells quickly.

Jenna had her first big girls bath last night with dad. My god - the child is a water baby!! She absolutely loved it, and only cried when we took her out. We were planning on using the baby bath until she could support her neck, but after the success of last night, it might be that more often. Problem was - she hardly settled all night. 3 feeds between 5pm and 7:30!! Little toad!

Hope everyone else is well,
    Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Yay for Jenna's first big bath, Fi! I have yet to try that with Gabby. I might have to tonight! She is slowly getting to enjoy the bath but still screams towards the end.
    Ikwym about not wanting to go to parties yet. They are hard work. I find it doesn't really interfere with Gabby's sleeping patterns tho so that is a bonus. You will feel more and more confident as time goes on to take her out and about. I have to get out for my sanity some days!

Gosh... Gabby is still asleep! What a good little chop-chop!

Oh... and have put some more pics up on her site. I had her dressed in a cute little track suit yesterday with little material runners on. Very cute!

Awwww Gabby's new pictures are sooo cute Glad to hear things went ok last night even if Gabby didn't sleep so well during the party. Yay on Neil being good again too

Oh yeah I fretted when Zander was away, it felt sooo weird to not have all of his little noises through the night. Yay at Lara starting to look really good now Fi. Zander hasn't had a bath yet in the big bath, but he is loving his little one at the moment. He has learnt to splash!! I tell him he's clever so he does it more! I can see it, this time next year I'll be yelling at him for splashing all over the floor LOL!

IKWYM about the laundry Christy - it's a killer! I see your point about having the support around. I hadn't thought abut how things are elsewhere & that we are the ones that do things differently.

We had an interesting night to say the least last night. Zander had his bottle at 10.30 & screamed the house down until 12.45 - I think he only went to sleep cos he was exhausted. He then woke at 3.25 and I managed to rock him back to sleep pretty quickly. He then got up at 5.15 for another bottle & slept until 9.30. Now if I could just get rid of that 3.30 grizzle I'd be one happy camper.

Oh oh oh, big news as well. Mum & dad said that Zander laughed on Saturday night. I thought yeah right they imagined it, while being disappointed that I missed it. Anyways, he did it again this morning It was soooo cute. He's also starting "talking", making all sorts of noises & moving his mouth like he's trying to tell you something. Now this is what makes all the sleepless nights worthwhile

Awww Deb she looks adorable. Hope that Gabby had a good jog

Fi, lucky you getting hand me downs that are worthy of using. Personally they are the only ones I pass down too but others......
    Yay for Jenna having a big girls bath with Daddy. Mark is yet to take Tehya in with him. It took him forever to take Noah in so I think he will be the same with Tehya. Now the poor bugger rarely getsa a shower on his own, actually neither do I. I have a bath with Tehya most nights. It's our thing.

Tehya slept ok last night. She's hanging off the bb again atm. She has been feeding up a storm too. Gastro seems to have gone for both Tehya and I, poor Noah on the other hand is STILL going. He has had since last Thursday, so not the one just gone the one before. This is just far too long. Have to take him to the Dr's not that I know what they can do for him.
    Have just put Tehya down in her swing. I swear that was the best thing I brought. I just put her in it and turn it on and she relaxes and crashes out most of the time.

OMG how good would it be to have a wet nurse. My Mum often jokes saying that I could be one because I have so much milk whenI have my babies. Stuff teh wet nurse and give me a nanny thanks. I don't think that I really like the idea of my bub sucking on someone elses bb.

Take care
    Trish

Sarah, there will be lots more laughs to hear and see too. Tehya did a couple of weeks back and I thought that I had imagined it only Mum was there and saw/heard it too.

The talking is so sweet hey. I love it when they open their mouth up and it's like they have a huge story to tell but it just won't come out. Tehya is getting good at just laying there looking around and talking to anyone that will listen. You can sometimes hear her down the hallway. Obviously she's going to be a chatterbox like her Mum

How about a little YAY for last nights effort from Zander. Atleast he didn't put up too much of a fight when you cuddled him back to sleep.

Take care
    Trish

Our swing is the same Trish, an almost instantaneous cry stopper!

We had a very big yay at Zander sleeping so well last night. I wold love it if he keeps it up

Yay to Zander for laughing and "talking".

Deb, Gabby is so cute!

Trish, glad you and Tehya are feeling better.

Fi, yay at Jenna having her first big bath. It is so great when they love their baths. Lily loves to splash everywhere, its so cute.

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww! How cute that Zander is laughing already! And yay for such a good sleep too! You are right - you could do without that 3am grizzle though, hey?? I might have to get Gabby's swing out again and see if she likes it better now.

Trish - poor Noah. I hope the Doc can do something for him. Surely there's an anti-gastro type thingy he can take? LOL @ you being able to be a wet nurse. Ikwym about the thought of your bubs drinking from someone else tho. I guess that's why it isn't done anymore because of aids and other diseases. You would wanna know the person really well! I hear you on the nanny. I will have one too please!!

Thanks for the comments re. Gabby's pictures. She isn't quite giggling but the smiling is getting more frequent. One of Neil's mates dropped around and saw her for the first time. She grinned at him like there was no tomorrow! So I took her to over to Neil because she hasn't smiled for him yet. She gave him a few giant smiles too! YAY! Very cute! She seems far more settled. We have just got back from a walk which was nice. I think it's something that Neil and I will have to do more often. Good for all of us! We should have taken the dog but she ate her lead last time we had her tied up (at my baby shower). Silly dog!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast