Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, June #2

Hey everyone

Seems sad to leave the newborn to 1 month thread, seems like only yesterday i was leaving the hospital.
    Will my details be transferred from that thread automatically??

Well all is going well here, still enjoying it all, new formula has solved the constipation problem and he still sleeps a lot.

Will catch up more next time

Take care
    Belinda

Michelle: I remember that Shannon said that they have a growth spurt at 3 wks then 6wks and so on, so looking at his age it could be something to do with him being extra hungry due to a growth spurt. They do get unsettled around then too i am told, hope you have a better night tonight

Welcome Belinda and Mason, the time certainly flies doesn`t it. I`m sure when Nell logs on she`ll transfer your details over.

My sleeping beauty has awoken so I`ll go and give him a bath now.

Take Care

Deeanne

Welcome Belinda and Mason.

Thanks for the hugs.
    I don't mind getting up in the night if he took nearly the whole bottle i just hate throwing away milk.
    Maybe he is having a growth spurt.

Well tonight he will be in his own room so we will see how that goes

Ooh Shannon!! new washing machine!! Get a bosch front loader like mine - they are fabulous, and when they say 6kg - they mean it!! I can fit so much in my machine, and it comes out all sparkling. I love it. Once you get used to front loader - you will never go back!

Sorry I haven't been around much - netball and visiting, and then today we went to Melbourne for Yvettes surprise baby shower. It was lovely, but there are some names I haven't yet put to faces. Yvette was so brave doing a belly cast, and guess which sucker joined in on the fun!! Kelly and I ended up doing all the plastering - too much for one person to do easily, and nadia held her up. Tough job. But it looks fantastic, and I feel very close to Yvette now having rubbed her boosies and belly!! She did so well sitting for as long as she did.

Dee - yay on the kitten - hope it makes it OK.

Michelle - I hope Alex stops his naughty wake-ups really soon.

Tanya - yay on the colic slowing fading. We still have some nights, but nowhere near as bad as when I first brought Jenna home.

Shannon - yay on 1 month!! And LOL on the legs. I had to do them for netball yesterday, and it had been a few weeks I admit......

I cant remember who else to make comments too!! Hopefully I'll have a moment to breathe tomorrow as this weekend has just been so busy. At least from Wednesday I'll be able to get Shane to watch her while I jump on here or do other things..... Like exercise. Size 12 jeans - HERE I COME!!!!

Fi

Hey again

Shannon: Sorry that you have to put off your next pregnancy for now, its a shame, but can understand your focus needs to be on Jessalyn right now, it will all fall into place eventually

I am starting to picture toddlers in my head now and thats started to turn me off going there again lol (thinking way too far ahead of myself i know!)

Had flashbacks of having to watch them like hawks when they get mobile, and remember being so relieved when luke was old enough that i didnt have to panic the minute he was out of my sight. I guess i just think too much.

Mason must of caught everyone elses unsettledness tonight, being very fussy, he is starting to get wind troubles, might get some infacol or infants friend or whatever is around at the end of the week if he is still having problems. Just give him a bottle and he only had 25mls and now is sound asleep, think he might of just being a bit thirsty from crying and so on.

Have a friend who's niece is expecting a baby and she wants to buy all my stuff off me when i finish with it, but as i have mentioned not sure if i am having another one or not so dont want to get rid of all my stuff just yet, but what do i tell her? I dont really want to tell her i am thinking about having another one at this point, any ideas?

Well otherwise hope everyone is going ok

Take care
    Belinda

Shannon i think you little talk to Alex yesterday worked. He only woke at 11p.m then at 3.30 and at 6.30. I had a better nights sleep with him being in his own room as he had to cry more to wake me.
    New washing machine sounds great.

How was Jessalyn last night ?

Belinda - You could let her borrow your baby clothes or just tell her you may have another one and want to keep it.
    I have all mine from Kimberley and it has been a great help not having to buy to much.

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - good to hear you all had a good time on Sunday. LOL @ feeling like you got to know Yvette really well by doing the cast. Did you end up having Jenna with you or did Shane take her? I want size 12 jeans too!! But I don't think that is physically possible. I will settle for size 14 tho!! (one day!).

Juliette - sounds like you had a brilliant time in Brisbane. It's amazing how much better you feel once you have had a chance to relax. When Gabby was Hannah's age, I found out that going out and about was heaps better too. I think staying cooped up at home just makes you so much more aware of every single second of the day. Whereas if you get out and about, the time goes quicker and the babies are entertained.

Dee - bummer about AF. So much for BFing stopping it from coming, hey? Thankfully mine has stayed away so far. I am not going to count my chickens tho! Good to hear that Matthew has been sleeping well. And YAY that the kitten is still alive!

Michelle - good to hear that Alex has improved a little from Shannon's lecture, LOL. Still, here's another :hugs: cos I am sure you can use plenty of them right now. It must be wearing you thin. How is Kimberley going with it all?

Belinda - good to hear that Mason's constipation has improved. Welcome to the new thread! I find that infacol works really well. Gabby still has some in her night-time bottle even though I don't need to burp her anymore.

Shannon - ooo new washing machine! I lurrrrve getting new stuff. Hope you get a good deal. I hope Jessalyn starts feeding properly again. Sounds like what Gabby does when she hits a growth spurt. In fact, she is going through one now.

Hi Debbie

I am doing better than i thought i would i really thought i would need naps during the day like i did with Kimberley but only have one at the weekend when DH is home. I have a clean house today and all my washing done. I like it when i have everything done.
    Kimberley is doing okay taking more notice of Alex everyday. She loves to watch her fav film at the moment which is Monsters Inc.

Shannon we have the same problem as you with no central heating we have a fire that we keep going in the living room but the bedrooms get cold. We used a heater in Alex's room but i always turn it off in the night as i don't trust them being on. I just add more blankets to his bed the only thing he loves to sleep with his hands sticking out no matter how many times i but them back into his bed they are always out again.

Great to hear Jessalyn slept better for you last night i hope she keeps it up for you.

LOL @ going back to sleep in a dirty nappy.

Debbie Lee Guest

Shannon - yes, I was very surprised when Gabby all of a sudden didn't need burping any more. Mum told me that it would happen but I thought it would be when she was like 4-5months. It's really only a short time until they learn how to do it themselves, isn't it? Awww @ Jessalyn falling asleep with a dirty nappy. It's a catch 22, isn't it? Thankfully Gabby is always wide awake when she does her poo every second day. Nice and regular, LOL.

Michelle - I am the same. I turn off Gabby's heater (just leave the fan going for the noise) because I don't trust it. Someone suggested to me to buy one of those column heaters. I might get one of those for when she is older. We don't have central heating either but that's cos it's an old house. Good to hear that Kimberley is doing well with her little bro. Don't you love it when they have a favourite movie?? You get to see it 1000 times. My neice loves Jim Carey (she's only 3 so it's rather odd!!) so I had to watch the Mask 50 times the last time she was here. Urrgh!

Belinda - you could let your friend borrow your clothes as long as she DOES give them back to you, I know a lot of people like you who have been caught in a catch 22 situation and often the clothes don`t come back or they do but not the condition they first went in, go by your own judgement and what you feel is the right thing to do. You could always just come out and say that at this stage you don`t know if your finished with them yet so would prefer to hang onto them until you reach a decision.

Shannon - I remember you saying you wanted another one soon after Jessalyn was born, if you remember I was thinking the same way but over the weeks I haven`t been quite sure then within the ladt week I have decided yes I`d like another one but don`t know if I have to wait 12 months because of having a c/s, will find out when I see my OB on Friday for my Post Natal checkup. Before living with Mark I was using a top loader but Mark had a front loader at first I wondered how on earth could I put all my washing into that but once I got use to it it`s brillant, clothes come out almost dry, the only problem I have is when I load it then start it I can`t stop it if I`ve forgotten something, which often happens, I believe there is a new front loader out which you can stop in mid cycle and add clothes to it, we were thinking of updating ours a few weeks ago for a bigger size and one which I can stop in mid cycle but I`ve decided why bother spending more money when this one is still woking aok at the moment. Good Luck with it and I`d replace this one with a front loader again.

Fi - LOL at feeling closer to Yvette. You`ve got more ambition then me in regards to exercise, I have never had any ambition but really should, I am back into my size 10 jeans but can`t get into my size 8 jeans yet but as they say it took 9 months to get that size so it`s going to take 9 months to get back to our pre preggie size and bfing does help.

Michelle and Shannon - sounds like you both have the same problem as me with Matthew`s hands, it doesn`t matter how tightly I wrap him he still gets them out and puts them either in his mouth or above his head and they are icy cold and blue and now he`s also kicking all his blankets off again it doesn`t matter how tight I tuck him in somehow he kicks them off, so I have this baby lying in bed with no blankets on him and our central heating is dead, something major wrong with it and we don`t have a heater so here we are in a house over 100 years old with 10 foot ceilings on a cold 9 degree day, as you can imagine it`s freezing in the house. I have thought about buying those sleeping bags for him but it`s still not going to solve his hands getting so cold.

Matthew decided to sleep from 9.30 till 2.30 (when Mark got up to milk), I didn`t get him up just then as he then catnapped until 3.30, he was up till 4.30 then up again at 7am.

Matthew is really focusing on objects now for a few minutes, you see him look at something then study it then look at something else and studies it. I can`t get over how well he holds his head and chest up when he`s on his tummy, I can see he`ll probably crawl quite early. What age approximately do they start to crawl? I could look at my own baby book but I was late doing most things and babies seem to be so much more advanced now then they did in my time.

Take Care

Deeanne

Hi All!

Hannah and I have had a busy day today, out and about, paying bills & shopping etc. She's been a real grumpy bum today, but on a positive note, I'm coping much better with it and feeling positive. Normally I'd be beside myself on a day like today.

Michelle and Shannon - Hannah is the same with her hands out at night. They seem to get so icy cold, but I guess as long as the rest of them is warm and toasty that's ok?

Hey All,

Only a little time while missy is having a shower with Dad. Then she'll crack it and need feeding. It just never ends!!

Jenna gets her hands wrapped down the side of her body at night, so usually she doesn't get cold hands. Sometimes she does manage to get them out though, but we keep the house pretty warm. We have the most wonderful rinnai energy saver heater. I thoroughly recommend them to anyone!! Very efficient with gas, and its wonderful dialling up the temperature you want. I think it takes all of 10 mins to heat the whole house.

Deb - I have a column heater if you want it - I still wouldn't trust them to be left on all the time, but better than a fan I guess. The only problem is your power bill will sky rocket!!

Shannon - Bummer about the meet-up. I hadn't realised you couldn't be around preggie women at the mo. When will we get a chance to meet!!!

Dee - I'm getting AF like splotches on a daily basis too. Its a bugger huh?? So much for breastfeeding keeping it away. I think the whole crawling thing starts up around 8 months. Its amazing that any day she will start rolling over. The days just whizz by!

Juliette - great to hear you got out and about today. Doesn't it make you feel human again??

OK - better answer the call of the child.

Fi

GGGRRR just lost the whole post i just typed!

Will retype it tommorow

I had a better night last night with Alex.
    He feed at 7pm and was awake till 9 would only go back to sleep when he sucked on a bottle did not take any milk so that was a waste bit at least he was alseep, then he woke at 1.30 so that would have been 6½ hrs between feeds, woke again at 4.30 but only took about 40mls and was fast asleep again. Finally he woke for a proper feed at 7. I am going to try the water trick now when he wakes after 3 hrs and is not going mad for a feed. He cries harder if he is hungry and when he just wants a little he does not cry so much.
    I am hoping he will start to sleep better now.

Hope everyone else had a good night.

Michelle - Yay for the better night last night. Hope the water does the trick. Hope you have another good night tonight.

Shannon - Bugger about the colic, poor little mite, she`s having everything thrown at her, glad she`s been sleeping well for you.. Lucky girls going to see Disney On Ice, they will have a wonderful time. Happy Birthday to Brielle for Sunday - I say it now incase I forget between now and then, another cancerian, my Birthday`s on Friday, another year older another year greyer LOL

Fi - your heater sounds wonderful and to have the whole house warm in 10 minutes sounds amazing. Our ducted system usually works well when it`s working, Marks going to have to look into the problem and hopefully he can fix it.

Juliette - Glad to hear your doing well.

Went to do our grocery shopping today, normally do it after we pick the boys up but I didn`t want to do the grocery shopping this Friday on my birthday so went today, anyway there was a little baby girl in BI Lo who was about the same age as Matthew but I couldn`t get over how tiny she was against my biggie, she probably is average size but looked so small to me.

Brought some more toys for Matthew today, I didn`t intend to but Mark saw a toystore closing down and asked if I wanted anything for Matthew - silly question that is, got a number of lovely toys and a couple of books all 40% off. As mark was saying last night to my Dad, Matthew isn`t going to be toyless he has so many already, plus when he`s a bit older he`s got all his big brothers toys as well.

Hope everyone is well.

Take Care

Deeanne

Dee - I dont begrudge buying Jenna a single toy!!! I love watching her interact with them, she's started holding a rattle and shaking it - but only after I put it in her hand. i can't wait until she grabs it herself. And as for the heater - the house is very well insulated being new, so once its warm, it stays warm. But the heater is fabulous - its sized for a kindergarten/shop etc, so its way oversized for the house.

Shannon - bugger about colic - but I think all babies are a bit colicy. Jenna has nights like Jessalyn's but thankfully they are becoming less common. Thank GOD!!!!! And I reckon Jenna had 3-4 pooey nappies a day until she was about 4-5 weeks?? Now they are pretty regular at one a day, but we have days like yesterday where there were 4!!! My older brother was called Poozer Bill when he was a baby - I think we'll have to call Jenna Poozer Jane when she has days like that.

Michelle - here's hoping Alex's good nights continue. At your stage I was saying - please can I have 2 goood nights a week, 3 ordinary, and 2 bad. It made it seem easier to deal with the bad ones if you knew a good one was around the corner!!

Went for a big walk today, decided after about an hour to stop at SIL's place where she is looking after a 16 year old mentally disabled girl. Jess had such a nice time playing with Jenna - she was so careful, and Jenna lapped up the attention. I send Shane an SMS saying to come and get me, as I couldn't face the 30mins to get home again. He is having surgery tomorrow, so he's moping around the house like he wont wake up from the anaesthetic, and wont let go of Jenna. Silly old thing.

Fi

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast