Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, June #2

Sarah - I neglected to say Yay at Zander being 3 months today, I don`t know where the time goes.

Also took Matthew to the MCHN today, hi dress weight is 6080gms and his undressed weight is 5910gms - he`s still in the 97% percentile for weight. Length is 59.5cms - still in 90% percentile and his head circumference is 40.3cms again still in his 90% percentile, he seems to be growing at a nice steady rate.

Take Care

Deeanne

Ok I will try for a better catch up. Tehya is on my lap so atleast I know where she is hey.

Deb, good to hear that you had fun at the party and that everything went along smoothly. IKWYM about the mothering instincts kicking in and not letting the drunk people go near Gab, funny how protective you get.

Dee, WOW sounds like Matty is going along great guns. He's bigger than Tehya already i like chubby bubby's, their the cutest.

Sarah, hope that your day back at work went great. I' sure that Zander has been a little angel for his granma. Woohoo on Zanders good weight gain too. And you were worried about him....

Fi, hope that you had a good flight back home to us. How's Jenna doing?

Tanya, LOL @ Violet being a chatterbox. Tehya is the same. Must be the girl in them, I say she's just like her mum. Tehya that is

Lesley, lucky you getting sleeps like that. I hope that all is fine with Chloes eye.

Nell, how cute with Matty sticking his tongue out like that. Good to hear that you had a great day too.

OK I know I've probably forgotton someone but I'm really sleep deprived. Can I be forgiven. I swear I'm getting less sleep now then I did with Tehya as a newborn.

I'm in the process of becoming an Aunty again as I type. My brothers gf is in labour. She was due Tuesday 2 weeks ago so is 13 days over. I can't believe that the stupid hosp didn't even induce her. Mum spoke to her around 12ish and she was having contractions 20 minutes apart so I'd ay she still has a while to go. Fingers crossed for a little boy for my brother, he already has 2 girls (to his exwife) and he is the end of the boys in our family. Have to keep the name going for us

Tehya actually had a nap for around 90 minutes this morning. Of course that's been it for the rest of the day so far. But, it is more than we have been getting lately.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Dee - Wow.... Matthew has passed Gabby in weight already. She still fits into her 000 and probably will for a couple of weeks. Her wondersuits are a little small but, from what I have heard, they are pretty snug n e way.

Trish - good to hear that Tehya at least got a bit of a sleep today. Here's hoping it improves! Fingers crossed that your bro has a boy but I am sure the bubs will be just as loved if it turns out to be a girl. You never know, by the time she grows up, the blokes might be taking on chick's names instead!!

Tanya - yay 4 Violet being 3 months today!! Wow... that last month has gone fast. Sounds like she had a verrrry odd night last night. Seems like she was out of wack by a few hours!

I have achieved absolutely nothing today. Oh...well... that's sort of a lie. I did do the dishes and re-arrange the lounge room but I had wanted to to the vacuuming and sort out Gabby's 00 clothes but it never happened. Neil is still feeling crap and is pretty grumpy. Gabby has been a little angel tho - she is on to her 3rd nap today. Can't complain in that area. I have been trying to extend her awake time to 1.5-2hours rather than 1 hour and it seems to help her get to sleep. It means she is grizzly for a little while but I find that it's much easier to entertain her now so it's not so bad. Of course, that could all change tomorrow

Hellooooo everyone!

Well the angel routine didn't hold up on the way wback...... She was a troll, but it was OK I spose. She was one of those crying babies through the landing - the ones I used to get irritated with!!! It didn't help we were delayed by about 90mins on the tarmac. Grrrrrr.

Mothers group today - I weighed Jenna - she is 5.14kg undressed, which is about 360g in a fortnight. My little girl finally fits her 000's well. Oh to be average!

Having a hairbrained moment - I can't really do personals. we have just found out that Shane's XW is hitting us up for more child support cause the kids dont come and stay. Child support are going to oblige, so all the fighting to get a discount for Jenna has gone back to the witch anyway. What it means is that I may have to go back full time when Jenna starts solids cause then we wont have to pay anything for a few months. And Shane has just told me that his other knee is being operated on next wednesday, so he will be off work for at least a month - and then back on restricted hours andduties for a couple more months.

So its good news, but alot for my mind to take in - specially since I'm still really tired from the trip and all.

Hope everyone is doing well - I promise I'll be better next time I post!!

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

OMG... I can't believe Shane's ex can do that considering it's not like it is Shane's fault that his kids don't visit. Talk about working the system! Bummer about his knee too. Sorry to hear that Jenna wasn't quite so lovely on the way home.
    Welcome back!!!!!

Well the court orders state that DSD (dear step daughter....) is supposed to spend every second weekend with us, so the child support is allocated that way - basically Shane pays 80% of what he legally has to? Anyway, she is going to prove that DSD hasn't been to stay for a year, and that she should get the full carers amount. So its fair for them, but really - we want her to stay, and have invited her so many times its not funny. Problem is his XW has turned them all into head cases, so we dont exist in their world.

Child support is a completely crap system. I'm actually sorta looking forward to going back to work though. Sorta......

Fi

Yay it's a boy. He was born just after 5 this afternoon. He was 8lb 1oz and 51..5 cm long. I think he's cute - well as cute as any newborn really is. The poor baby though, my brother has named him NED!!! Ned William Cook, couldn't get any more Australian or better yet first fleet, than that could you.

I will be back tomorrow to do a proper post and to put some pics of Ned on Tehya's page.

Take care
    Trish

Great to hear Chloe is sleeping all night for you Lesley.

Alexander has his scan and 6 week check up booked for Friday i am so scared about his scan.

Will try and catch up more with everyone soon.

Welcome to Juliette and Hannah to 1 - 3 months forum.

Debbie Lee Guest

Yay Trish! Congratulations on your new little nephew! I love the name, Ned. I have taught a Ned before. He was a real little up-start but very funny.

Michelle - Good luck on Friday for Alex's scan. I hope it doesn't show up anything too bad :hugs:

Fi - I don't blame you for looking forward to going back to work. Not that I feel the same way (I am making the most of not working ) but each to their own. I agree with you - the child support system is stuuuupid. It totally screwed us around aswell.

Had mother's group this morning. It is going really well. We only have one more session @ the health centre then we go to the pub the week after (well - the bistro part, LOL). I suggested to them today that we get together a couple of weeks after that for dinner so that we can meet the hubbies. They all seemed keen. I am glad it's a friendly group.

Fi - Shane`s XW must know how to get every little cent out of you two, I feel for you both since we`re in the same boat too, since having Matthew our support hasn`t dropped. Sorry to hear about Shane`s knee. Oh what it would be like to have a little baby like Jenna, Matthew was Jenna`s weight at 3 weeks, he`s not taking after Mummy I was only a little baby of 6lb. Hope you had a good night.

Trish - Congratulations on becoming an Aunty again, I`ve checked your website and no photos as yet and I must say I love all Tehya`s photos she`s one beautiful little girl.

Michelle - I hope all goes well on Friday for you and Alex . How are you both?

Deb - WooHoo Gabby`s 3 months. Your Mother`s group sounds like fun and that`s a great idea about meeting the hubbies.

Welcome Juliette and Hannah.

Not much happening here, have had MIL here for the last couple of days, she went home this morning. Matthew didn`t sleep quite so well last night oh well you get that, just have to go with the flow.

Take Care

Deeanne

Michelle, I hope Alex's scan goes well! Poor little guy.

Fi, how are you feeling now you are home?

Deb, yay at mums group being full of great ppl

Hope your little boy sleeps a bit better for you tonight Dee

Tanya

Hello All! Hannah and I made it to one month! Yay!

Thanks for the welcomes Nell and Deeanne.

am typing one handed with a sleeping beauty in the other arm...so will keep it short and sweet for now...

cheers,

juliette

Quote Originally Posted by Fi
    Child support is a completely crap system. I'm actually sorta looking forward to going back to work though. Sorta......

Fi
    I really like the idea of child support being means tested on both parents incomes combined! So many men really do get a raw deal when it comes to child support.

I am hearin' ya Fi!

Debbie Lee Guest

I'm with you, Chrissy.
    The whole system sux. My mum had the opposite problem when we were kids. She couldn't get dad to pay at all and they couldn't take the money from his wages because he had his own business.
    Meanwhile, us kids went without... hardly seemed fair to us!

It seems the dads who do the RIGHT thing like Shane and Mark get hit really hard when it comes to Child Support, it`s like because they do the right thing they have to also pay top double to cover the dads who don`t pay one cent IYKWIM

Mark and I heard on the radio not so long ago that they are talking about increasing the Child Support once the children are teenagers because it costs 1.5 times more to bring a teenager up then a 3 year old. It seems any excuse will do to give the Mums more money. Since Matthew has been born we have been bombarded with so much whinging from the X on how she can`t afford anything for the boys that we end up forking out more money which the CSA doesn`t know about, makes me wonder what she does with the CS we give her. I think she`s worried that after having Matthew her CS will be reduced, it hasn`t as yet. It makes it so hard when there is a new baby in the family, our money seems to go as soon as it comes in.

Now I`ve had a very little ramble I could go on and on but Fi I know exactly what it`s like and really feel for both you and Shane.

Juliette - How is Hannah`s excema? I can`t believe that after 2 days of switching Matthew over to natural products his excema is very nearly gone, I was using J & J products on him that I was given and I`m wondering if they were causing a problem, the sorbolene helped a little but these others products I`m just amazed by the improvement in such a short time.

Deb - I know a couple of Dads like your Dad who should be paying CS but don`t, even though they earn big $$$$ they still get away with it, it`s not fair how some dads have to pay and others don`t and once your in the CS system they keep an eye on you.

Hope everyone else is well.

Matthew had a terrible night last night, only sleeping for 3 hours, Mummy and Daddy are exhausted, what happened to the couple of days where we got 7 - 9 hours from him, it`s amazing how much better you feel when they do sleep a bit longer.

Take Care

Deeanne

Debbie Lee Guest

You are so right, Dee. Esp. since my Dad brags about how he used to earn $100,000 a year and lived in Circular Key while we went to school without lunch on some days. I always argued with him that, while he would have had to pay a lot for 4 kids, he would be paying far more if he was still living with us.
    On the flip-side, it's gotta be so hard for men who do the right thing to start a new life if most of their wage is going toward their X.
    I dunno if there is any correlation but it seems to me that the ones that don't pay CS are the ones that stuffed up the relationship to begin with and vice versa. Now.. that could be a very general and sweeping statement - just my observations.

Hey all,

Yes CS is a crap system, and I think we could all go on and on about it, unfortunately it doesn't seem to do any good whatsoever - having been told yesterday by the CS office "We dont deal in emotions....." I rest my case.

Jenna has been OK the last couple of days - really, really windy and farty so god knows what I've eaten. She is so tired, and wants to go down, but wakes herself up with farts. So I end up cuddling her in front of a DVD for hours, and she sleeps, and when she farts I pat her back to sleep straight away. Seems drastic, but its kinda nice just to sit and do nothing. Pretty draining though!! So now Shane is in bed with her having an afternoon nap!

Dee - What a bugger Matthew having a bad night..... it happens every now and again. They do it just to keep us on our toes I reckon!

Juliette - well done to making it so well to this mark! In a couple of weeks time you wont recognise yourself or Hannah!! Jenna is turning into a real baby now. Such a little personality on her! And of course the whole mother thing is starting to come into it - she follows me with her eyes, stops crying when I pick her up, and of course smiles at me at the drop of a hat. So cute!!

Deb - great that mothers group is doing so well. we are doing baby massage next week, and I'm the only mum that currently does it. It will be interesting to see if the other babies enjoy it as much as Jenna, or whether its an acquired thing?? she'll get all confused though - cause normally the rubdown is just before bed!!

Trish - I've had a look on your new site, and its wonderful!!! Some of the photos of Tehya are wonderful. I look forward to seeing some of your nephew!

Thats all for now....
    Fi

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast