Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, June #2

Debbie Lee Guest

Grrrr! Just did a post that disappeared!!

Fi - I think the massage thing must be an acquired taste. Gabby doesn't really like it a great deal. I keep giving it a go but she usually just cracks it. Mind you, the last 2 nights I have given her a rub down, she has slept 10 then 9 hours?? I wonder if that's the reason. Jenna obviously enjoys being relaxed. The girl knows how to chill! Good to hear you had an ok day. It's nice to just do nothing sometimes, isn't it?

I have to agree the CS system is very crappy. My brother pays out huge amounts of CS to his ex and she won't even let him see his DD, or talk to her or have any contact. It is very sad, so he is trying to get custody but that is taking AGES. Anyway, enough talk about that.

Dee - I do want my little man to grow. Not sure why? I just want him to put on more weight I think and all these bubs are shooting up around him. But he is happy and healthy and that should be enough, shouldn't it ?

Fi - glad to be back? How is the house selling going? Hope Jenna is well.

Juliette - hope you and Hannah are going well too.

Nell - getting a few people through the place, but its a buyers market, so people are doing their research thoroughly - not rash decisions, but it should sell cause its one of the best value properties on the market in Lara at the mo.

Netball practise tonight. So it will be interesting to see what sort of baby I come home to!! I've put her down now - finally she went to sleep, but I'm not sure how long it will last for. I'm getting sick of cuddling her in front of the telly, so I've decided to try and get her to sleep the MCHN way. On the side, patting with cupped hand etc. We shall see if it works!!

Notice how quiet the forum has got since a couple of people graduated??

Fi

Long time no post - sorry! have popped in to read but haven't got around to posting. We have had one sick kid after another around here the last few days - coughs and sneezes everywhere. Mind you, try telling a 14 y.o. boy that he is sick and should stay home when he is going to train with the St. Kilda FC - HA! He came home Tuesday night after the training absolutely stuffed and to top it off, his coach had to cancel Wednesday night training because he and half the team now have it too (wouldn't be putting any money on the Saints LOL!)
    Jacob is doing well. Weighed in at 11lb 10oz and 60cm long on Monday so I'm really happy about that. He has gone into some weirdo sleep pattern the last couple of days - wasking up around 8am and staying awake until 1pm then napping until 2ish, back awake until 6 and then up again at 9 and going down for the night around midnight. I don't know whether I'm coming or going LOL.
    Won't do personals - I'm off to bed........... night all!!

Debbie Lee Guest

Nat - well, we know who to blame if the Saints lose their next game How exciting for the boys to train with them tho!! I love it when footy players come out to do clinics at the school. It's a good perve. Nothing like wandering into the staff room to come face to face with the gorgeous Brad Johnson from the doggies. Mmmmm, yum! Sorry to hear you have all been sick. I hope it's all out of the way for you guys for now. Sounds like Jacob is fighting fit and doing well. As for the weirdo sleep patterns - are they ever normal??

Fi - I am still reading the posts even tho I have graduated! Good to hear that your house is getting a few people through it. How did Jenna go last night while you were at netball?

Deb - She was really good last night. We think she is fighting off a cold at the mo, she has been getting some strange overheating things going on, and has been a little irritable. Also Shane and I are both fighting off sore throats, so hopefully we will keep them at bay.
    Today I have got her to sleep in her bass for the first time int about 2 weeks during the day!! Although, I'm still sleeping her on he side - there isn't enough room to settle her on the side, and then roll her over, so on her side she sleeps.
    Mayeb once we graduate to the cot I'll be able to roll her back on her sides.
    I'm playing netball again this weekend - YAY!! Of course its against the toughest team in the comp, and they have mentioned me playing C grade. I'm really not fit enough to play too much, and I'm missing playing C too. I'm fine in attack, just dont have the get up to get down the other end of the court when in defence.

I've done lots of washing today cause she is asleep - and not on my chest. And she is jutst talking SOOOOO much!!! Its gorgeous - specially when she makes a little bubbly noise in her throat, and we laught at her, then she giggles. Lovely.

Nat - hope your sick kids get better really soon!! And funny sleep patterns!!! I'm finding that if I just get back into bed with Jenna at about 8am, we cuddle up and sleep for a couple of hours which is erally nice.

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - that's excellent that Jenna did well last night and that you have been able to get her back to sleep in the bassinette! I too have been trying to put Gabby down in her cradle at least once during the day. She lasted about 40 minutes in it today but that's better than nothing. I just worry that she isn't getting good quality sleep in her bouncer.
    All this talk of netball has got me exhausted, LOL. Yay @ you getting to play tomorrow. I am sure you will do just fine (even if you are knackered afterwards). Hope you kick some butt!!

Alexander had his MCU scan today poor thing cried the whole time and would not feed when we got home.
    The hospital called and said the scan was normal and we have to wait for them to have the scan meeting next Friday to see what to do next. If i do not hear from them in the next few weeks then we don't go back until Septmeber but Alexander still has to take his antibiotics until then.

He also had his 6 wk check he now weighs 4.41 kilos.

Hope everyone else is doing okay.

Debbie Lee Guest

Good job, Shannon! My legs still remain hairy after 3 months, LOL. Yay @ progressing through to the next thread

Michelle - Sorry to hear that Alexander had such a rotten time during his scan. I hope he is feeding ok now. Good that the scan was clear. Bet you are glad that is over!

Yay Shannon... Shaving your legs...lol!! I have only done mine once since haning Violet... and trust me you can tell... anyone would think I have blokes legs...lol
    Congrats on 1mo too...

Ya for the sleep in the bassinette Fi. I am veeery lucky I have Violet in the habbit of only sleeping in her snuggle bed in her cot now (appart form a few times with colic we snuggled on the couch together... but that is rare now ). She sleeps there for hours during the day and night.
    Well done at playing another game of netball. Is oyur usually position C? I haven't played for yeeeears! I used to play WD or GD.
    I hope all those sore thoats at your house disappear.

Nat, sorry to hear the bugs are visiting at your house too... not very fun when you have sick kids!
    LOL at giving the sainters the cold!! LOL Watching them lose to the Bombers now makes a lot of sense!! I wish I had've read your post yesterday I would've changed my tips lol.

Violet is doing well . The incidence of Colic is becoming less frequent!! YAY!!

Tanya

Welcome Shannon and Jessalyn.

Debbie - Alex's feeding was a little worse last night think he was still upset after his scan. Just now have to wait and see if he still has a problem with his kidneys.

Sorry girls for not posting at the moment, we had an emergency with one of our female cats, she was starting to miscarry, had to rush her to the vet who put her on the drip for the day and gave her an ultrasound which showed one weak live kitten and some dead ones, we had to decide to either go ahead and have a c/s performed even though she was 5 days early to deliver and kitten probably wouldn`t survive or leave her on the drip for a few days to give the kitten a better hope but in the meantime we may risk loosing the mother cat with peritonitis, so we opted for the c/s, she is 100% and amazingly the kitten is weak but alive, they are coming home today, still touch and go with the kitten but I`m just amazed it`s alive, must be a fighter.

My goodness Shannon where did that month go. Yay at shaving your legs and first shower together. I must be the odd one out here I`ve been shaving mine since Matthew was 2 weeks old. How is Jessalyn?

Michelle - Glad Alex`s scan went well, hope his feeding settles down for you. That`s great about his weight increase.

Tanya - Great to hear that Violet`s colic is settling down.

Fi - Jenna sounds beautiful with her talking. Yay that she had a sleep in her bassinet. Good luck with netball this weekend.

Nat - Hope the sickness goes away in your house soon. Glad to hear Jacob is doing well and putting on weight, hope the sleeping settles down for you soon.

Matthew also has some weird night sleep routine, he hasn`t slept longer then 4 hours at night for nights then yesterday he was awake from 3pm until 9.10pm, he then had a 9 hour sleep after that so that was wonderful - I woke up with a bad headache though. Matthew at the moment is playing with his kick n whirl carnival but is just statring to get a bit grizzly so I better go and give him a feed and hopefully he`ll fall asleep.

Take Care

Deeanne

Debbie Lee Guest

Dee - don't you hate that?? You finally get a decent sleep and it makes you feel worse!! ](*,) OMG @ your cat and the kittens. That's really sad. It's good to hear that that one little kitten may survive. It'll probably be a fiesty one!

Michelle - has Alex settled down today? I am still hoping and praying for you that his kidneys are all ok

Tanya - yay @ Violet's colic slowly going away. No fun at all I imagine!

Welcome Angel and Kynan!

Welcome Shannon and Jessalyn!

and a belated welcome to Shirmona and Zac!

Happy one month little ones!

Hi All!

Hannah, DH and I have just returned from a brief trip to Brisbane (where I'm from) for a work conference for DH. A great opportunity for me to show off Hannah to all my friends and family who haven't met her yet, while Tim was off at his conference. I can't believe how well behaved she was. The 3 hour trip in the car was a breeze, and she tolerated being taken all over the place and handed around to lots of different people really well. We stayed at my Mum and Dad's place, and it was great to have some help with her for a few days. Mum even booked me in for a facial and took Hannah for an hour while I relaxed. I feel so much better about things now! It's amazing what a few good friends, and a bit of rest and relaxation can do. My Irish dancing teacher gave Hannah her first pair of irish dancing socks. I think that might be a hint! They won't fit her until she's 2 or 3 though...

I find that Hannah cries much less when I take her out during the day, than when we stay at home all day. I guess she must just get bored with just me! She doesn't sleep well during the day when we stay at home.

Dee - sorry to hear about your cat and her kittens....I hope the feisty little survivor makes it. Have you named it?

Michelle - How's Alex doing now? I hope he's feeding better, and that the results from the scan are positive...

Fi - wow @ being up and active so soon after birth! you're amazing! It's great that Jenna will sleep in her bassinette during the day. Hannah won't sleep in hers during the day at all...she seems to prefer her pram. Hmmmm....I don't know if that's such a good idea long term!

Tanya - Great to hear that Violet's colic is settling down. Must be such a relief for you both.

Shannon - well done on shaving your legs! I had to do mine last week for the Mum's and prams walking group (if you recall I had forgotten the week before, much to my dismay when I got there!) Am thinking of you and sweet little Jess.

Nat - hope the kids are better. It's a dreadful time for coughs and colds. Way to go with Jacob's weight gain - hopefully his routine will settle for you soon.

Anyhow, I hope everyone else is doing well! Welcome to all my buddies from the newborn thread who've graduated recently!

Juliette - you sound lovely and relaxed. Glad to hear all went well with your trip, it`s great when they are so well behaved and woohoo for a facial you must feel great. Do you have an irish background or you just like the irish dancing? I ask as my Dads father was born in ireland and a real irishman.

I find that Matthew loves going out and about and usually sleeps the whole time, it must be the constant movement which they are use to from utero.

The kitten amazingly is still alive so it`s looking good for him, Juliette we don`t name the kittens as I find if I give them an identity it forms a closeness so if I keep them at arms length so to speak makes it easier to part with then when the time comes, but being only 1 in the litter he`ll probably get a nickname until he goes to his new home.

Sorry if these any mistakes in this post I have a sleping beauty in my arms, I was hoping he`ll stay awake for a bath soon but he`s out for the count at the moment.

I`m disgusted with my body, here I am bfing and AF is arriving 7weeks, 5days after birth and it`s only been 2 weeks since my lochia stopped. I wondered what my body was doing yesterday as I felt very bloated only time I feel like that is when AF is due or in early pregnancy. I find it amazing that so soon after birth my body is back working to reproduce again.

Matthew had another 9 hour sleep last night, I wonder if it`s going to happen every night now.

Hello to all the new graduates and your babies, hope your all well.

Take Care

Deeanne

Just don't know what is wrong with Alex at the moment last night he had a good feed at about 11p.m then he woke at 1.30 and only had about 40mls and was fast asleep i did try and make him have more but all he would do is fight me so i put him back to bed. Then he woke again at 3.30 i managed to get him back to sleep as no way was i going to do another bottle but i could only gethim back to sleep buy putting the teat from the bottle in his mouth. He then woke again around 5a.m and did the same about 60mls of milk this time. When he woke at 8a.m it took me ages to get milk into him and the same with the lunch time feed.

Just been sitting here crying as i don't know what to do next. I was thinking of giving him cooled boiled water at night to see if that helps and stop him waking all the time.
    I know i did this with Kimberley but she was older and was still having feeds in the middle of the night.

Michelle - huge hugs to you it must be so frustrating and you must be exhausted. I`m sorry I don`t know what to suggest, I just want to let you know I`m thinking of you and hope Alex`s feeding settles for you.

Take Care

Deeanne

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast