Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, May '05 #2

Debbie Lee Guest

Gosh she is grumpy! We've had a big day today and I think it has taken it's toll on Miss Gabby!

Had my hair done today. I got a trim and some highlights. It looks SO much better! I felt like I was being spoilt when I had a coffee and a lovely head massage while the conditioner was being put it. Lovely! Lauren had a great time looking after Gabby who was soooo well behaved. She gave her an EBM bottle so we was lovely and content. Had to do a big poo as we were leaving tho! Gotta save the good stuff for Mum

Deb I am so with you on the settling, if I can cuddle Zander to sleep in 15mins, rather than bounce his hammock for over 1/2 an hour, why not?! Yay for getting your hair done today, I wish I could do something different, but it is soooo out of our budget atm (we have $80 to last until Thursday next week 8-[ ). I think I'll have to settle for mum cutting my hair again. Sounds like you & Neil might finally be back on track - fingers crossed it lasts.

Well, I have spent most of the day doing work for my old job. I've done 9 order forms now, so I'm hoping I'll get paid for them soon as money is very very tight at the moment. Mum is talking about having three days off soon & me going in to work, only thing is I couldn't work with the way Zander sleeps at the moment. Sooo we talked about it & she'd take him Sunday night & I get him back on Wednesday afternoon, but I'd have dinner there & spend the afternoons with him. We desperately need the monet, but I'm not so sure I'm ready to do it just yet though.

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around for ages. I don't really have any excuses either, I suppose that I just get more and more insular as time goes on.

Oh Trish, poor Tehya. Hopefully she won't have to go to hospital. It must be so scary having her coughing all the time.

Deb, I hope that things are working out for you and Neil. I am impressed with DTD. I go to bed so tired that I haven't had the energy, though we came close on the weekend. Maybe I should make time for such things.

Fi, well done with doing the study. It must help to keep you sane.

I am all for the cuddling to sleep. All the patting doesn't seem to work for Charlotte.

Sarah, I hope that you can start to earn some money. I find it frustrating that my most exciting entertainment is shopping and I don't have the money to do it.

We had started getting Charlotte into a routine a few weeks ago but since Mother's Day she has been screaming hysterically for no particular reason. I am finding it exhausting. She still seems to sleep okay at night but I spend the whole day comforting her. It must be a stage.

I am starting my Mother's group tomorrow. I am a little nervous that Charlotte won't behave.

We had our injections last week and Charlotte cried so much after her first one she managed to pop a blood vessel when the second one went in. There was blood everywhere. Poor little mite. She didn't seem to have any ill effects though. She loved watching the big kids playing.

I will go off now and get some dinner whilst the baby is sleeping. The quiet is fantastic!

Hi all,
    Good to hear from you Maryann, isn't it amazing how the quite is so noticable when you have kids? It's great huh?

Yay Deb for the new do... I haven't had my hair cut for.....about a year!! I think the main prob with the cudling to sleep is when they realise they aren't being cuddled anymore and cry to just be cuddled... Emily did this. She would be sound asleep, and we would put her to bed and a minute later she would be crying... uh! it was hell!! So the whole patting thing was HEAVEN for me, and now we just put Emily in her bed and she puts herself to sleep... Yay

Sarah, I have no advice for you poor little Munchkin!! I hope someone can help you.. (I'm sure you ahve but...) have you tried different teats?

Trish, I hope your little princess gets better real soon! It sounds like you guys are copping it all atm! Lucky Noah, having a DVD anf TV! Anything for a but of peace and quite

Congrats Bas on your new trick, you must be very proud Zola!

Went and got Violet's hearing done today... They don't do it in Benalla so the MHCN booked me into get in done in Shep... it kinda ****ed me off... I didn't think it was necessary, oh well it is done now. I went shopping on Saturday and Target had a recliner chair with a foot stool on special ofr $53 and the Manager talked me into laybying it... I can't wait to get it now! I got it for BFing in... my couch is so uncomfy for it. I NEVER buy myself stuff... that's why it is so exciting .
    Wato had Violet again last night... she just wouldn't do to sleep in her bed... dunno why, she wasn't crying tho, just not sleeping... anyway I gave her to him at 11pm and he gave her back at 7am.. not bad I say!!
    Anyway I hope you are all well

Tanya

Hi Everyone. I have been MIA for so long that I dont know how im going to catch up. #-o

Things have been a bit rough here. I ended up being sent for a spinal ct scan 2 weeks ago and it found my backpain is caused by the fact my pelvis has totally moved. Loads of physio and still not any better and it is frustrating me to no end.

Pheonix is a colicky baby and we were having screaming from 4pm till 2am every day. I changed her formula from Lactogen to Nan Ha Gold and she is doing a little better. I have also been giving here Donnalix Colic drops so heres hoping things will stay slightly better.
    [-o<
    She weighed in last week at 11lbs so she is definately doing ok in that aspect.

I am very happy to say that she now sleeps in her cot and her daddy now has his spot back in the bed. He is much happier with that lol.

Dh still out of work but we are getting by and with my back the way it is the help is much appreciated. He is still totally smitten by her. He was the reciever of her first smile and he even shed happy tear.

No more sounds coming from cot so looks like I am finally safe to go to bed. 2.21am mind you lol.

Cant wait to be able to sit on this chair without being in pain. Missing BellyBelly too much.

Awww Kayla you poor thing I hope the physio starts working for you soon. I bet DH is very happy to be back in bed with you! Are you getting much sleep at all after 2am? I soooo know what the screaming is like, but we seem to manage to have ok nights.

Yup tried different teats Tanya, no good Yay for your recliner chair, when are you picking it up? And also a yay for Wato taking Violet on Monday night, sounds like you needed it.

Patting doesn't work for Zander either Maryann. I agree with you on shopping being the most exciting entertainment, but it's not real exciting when all you can buy is formula, washing powder & all those boring things LOL! Enjoy mother's group today & fingers crossed Charlotte is a good girl for you.

Well, stupid me is having problems doing everything at the moment cos I burnt my hand last night. I had done some veges in the microwave & managed to spill the boiling water on the palm of my right hand #-o It's mostly on my thumb where I was holding the jug & the part between my thumb & next finger is really swollen. I can't believe I was so stupid. It's sooo hard to do anything baby-wise with only 1 hand!

Kayla, sorry to hear that you are still having a hard time with your back. Poor Pheonix having such back colic, it's the worst when you can't do anything to fix them. Hoping that your Dh finds a job soon.

Tanya, yay on getting your new seat, it sounds great. I wish I could just hand Tehya over to Mark for the night and get some decent sleep. The DVD and TV are for just that, peace and quite. What a shame it doesn't work more often. I guess if it did I have him in front of the dman thing all of the time atm.

Sarah, maybe the break from Zander at work would be great for you?? Not sure how you would go with the seperation thing that's all I'm hearing you on the money thing. That's what Mark keeps telling me it's going to be like if and when we buy. I tell him it's ok I can handle it, but truthfully I love my retail therapy.

Well we ended up back down the Dr's yesterday afternoon with Tehya. She had been asleep from 10am til 4pm when I woke her up. Her last feed was at 8am and I had to force her to have some at 4. he wasn't weeing (of course as she wsan't drinking) and was very lethargic. Dr had a listen to her chest which didn't sound like it had gotten worse but the fact that she wasn't feeding and was listless and had a high temp he sent us straight to the Childrens Hospital.

Thankfully we didn't have to wait too long to see the Triage nurse, as soon as we saw her we were in. I guess they don't like to muck around with little babies and respiratory probs. It was packed down there but they are really nice and quite helpful. They kept checking her oxygen levels and they were pretty good surprisingly but her temp and heart rate was still up. Her H rate was around 189 and at one time got up to 200. After they finally gave her some Panadol her temp started to go down and so did her heart. She honestly looked like crap up until then. She would barely open her eyes and just coughed the whole time.

Not really happy that they sent us back out into the cold at 11pm but they were packed and had no beds available. Of course I have barely slept as she was up twice for feeds then we spend the next 30 mins or so coughing and choking. Noah then so nicely got me up at 6.45am so all up I think I got about 5 hours of broken sleep.

We are back down to the hospital today with mum for some tests and Tehya has to go and see the Dr again this afternoon. She is still far from being out of the woods.

Take care
    Trish

Oh geez Trish you poor thing. I hope Tehya is ok. Good luck with the tests for your mum today

Sorry I haven't been on for a few days - lots to catch up on!

Trish - how awful for your little girl I hope she has a speedy recovery, and you can get back to getting your sleep. I guess if she is only feeding every 5 hrs, you are expressing at the moment?? Make sure you dont let your supply drop off otherwise you'll have more problems to add to it all!

Sarah - sorry to hear about your crappy days too. Why wont little Znader have his tucker!!! Naughty little bugger. Have you tried syringes and even a cup?? If it was breastfeeding a lactation consultant woould help you in a second, but cause you're formula, I guess its harder to find help huh? At least help that you dont have to pay for. And as for the money woes - well I'm not as bad as you, but things are still tight here. I hope you get some pocket money soon from working.

Deb - glad to see you are getting notes again. Shane is behaving better too, but I still take a few days to warm back up again. I'm not like a lightswitch!!! I'm interested in DTD too, but when we are in bed at 9pm, can't do much about it - specially when he is snoring straight away! Glad to hear your group is good - and I dont agree much with the putting down either. Sometimes it works, but then sometimes she only needs a 3min cuddle and she goes down for ages. Little rascal hasn't slept well the last couple of days, she hasn't been grumpy, she just is more interested in looking around. Oh well - they say babies that don't sleep much during the day develop quicker because they have more interaction and process more stimulation. Just poor mums!!!

Kayla - sorry to hear your pains have not got any better. But at least you have an answer now huh? Hoping things get better, and yay on the weight gain!! Good old Nixee huh?

Zola - Had to LOL at grumpilstilkin as well. I wonder what the equivalent is for a little girl?

Well I had a nice surpise on Monday night - Shane came home from work and told me that Lara was finished!! It turns out he has been taking RDO's on Mondays for the last 4 weeks to work n it without telling me. And the carpet went down yesterday, so we are all ready to put it on the market! YAY!!! And the even better news is that apparently my price range is selling really well at the moment, and there is nothing else around, so here's hoping it gets snapped up in a few weeks. Ahhhh - back to one mortgage!! Wont it be lovely!

Keep well all,
    Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh Gosh, Trish. That is terrible! The poor little thing! I hope they can figure out how to fix it soon. You must feel like a walking zombie! :hugs: for you matey!

Sarah - that is awesome of your Mum to offer to take Zander so that you can work. Maybe it would only have to be for a short time until he starts sleeping better? Either way, because she lives so close it's not like you will be that far away huh?

Grrrr.... crying again... will finish post soon!!

Debbie Lee Guest

OK.. have shoved the dummy back in..

Fi - what a sneaky thing Shane is!! But what a lovely surprise for you to find out that Lara is finished. Hope you sell soon and get a good price for it Hope Jenna starts sleeping better too!

Kayla - any wonder your back is so sore! Yay that Nixee is in her bed now. Hope your DH can find some work soon.

Maryann - good to see you are still in the land of the living. Sorry to hear that Charlotte hasn't been quite so good.

Tanya - what a pain that you had to travel so far for the hearing test. But yay on the recliner chair. Good on you for doing something for yourself!!

Have put some more pics on Gabby's site. I got Neil to take a pic of me in my BellyBelly t-shirt but it's pretty hideous, LOL (me... not the t-shirt). We had a mortgage broker over last night and she stayed for 2 hours explaining how we can save some $$ and it sounded really good. Only thing was that I didn't get to bed until midnight because she stayed for so long. Gabby slept for 8 hours tho so that's good

OK i wanted to tell you some news you won't believe... [-(

One of my student's mums gave birth about 7 weeks ago, and get this!

yesterday she was telling me how he sleeps for 11 hours a night!!!

OMG can you believe it ELEVEN HOURS!!!! No way!!

Can i order one like that??

Just thought i would share that...LOL

Christy I'll have one of those too please. Well, I'll have Tehya change into one of those anyways.

Take care
    Trish

Oh poor Teyha Trish! I do hope that she gets better real soon. I'm another one that can't believe how you must be coping with Noah as well. You are such a strong woman - an inspiration to me that's for sure!

Sarah - how is Zander feeding now? Can I suggest maybe different brands of teats? He obviously doesn't have a fever or cold or anything like that?

Tanya - how did the hearing test go? We are sort of settled into our house, still have some things I want to get down but we are getting there and it is looking more like our house now.

Zola - yay on Bas for rolling, what a clever boy! How's the new house going?

Kayla - sorry to hear about your back... I hope it gets better real soon.

Debbie - I'm another one that cuddles Matthew to sleep if he needs it. Sometimes I think that all he wants. It's not everynight he needs it but we all have our bad days, don't we? Glad to hear things on going good at your place too with Neil. It's all a big learning curve for them too.

Fi - yay at Lara being finished! Lots of luck with getting it sold quickly.

Chrissy - can I brag about Matthew and tell you he sleeps 10/11/12 hours a night and has done from 7 weeks? He is a good sleeper at night, not so much during the day but I know it all could change in a matter of moments.

Speaking of which, he is awake so catch you all later

Trish you must be so scared with poor Teyah being sick! Here's hoping she gets better really quickly!

Sarah.. I was thinking last night that maybe Zander is tired?? Does he have much of a sleep b4 he fusses over his food? I know when I trie to feed Violet when she is tired she fusses, so I put her to bed (which may not work if he is having trouble sleeping). I know I am tugging at straws here but Zander needs his tucker and you must be going out of your mind!

Fi... Wow at Shanes big secret!! Congrats on getting it done! You have to take some snaps for us b4 you sell it.

Deb... Looking Hot there in you BB tee!!

I'm thinking about selling my Lizards I just don't have the time for them anymore... I suppose I could make the time... I just feel like I am being cruel to them. I told Alecia what I was thinking and she got upset and told me she'd look after them... but nothing has changed...

Tanya

Forgot to tell you about Violets' new trick... When she is tried she tries to rub her eyes... Awww so cute! Of course she can't control her hand well enough... so last night I wraped her and had her over my shoulder and she was rubbing her eyes on my shirt. I looked at her and her eyes were all red so I rubbed them for her and she was like a little pussy cat wanting more and pushing agains my hand... poor soul!!

Tanya

Tanya - that is so cute of Violet! Sometimes jenna rubs against us too, but its usually a wind thing!!! Usually a dummy sorts it out.

She has been catnapping ALLLLLLLL day!!! its been driving me nuts! She's completely pooped, has hardly wanted to play all day, and when I put her down she wakes up!! I think this time I finally got her to bed for a couple of hours, but anything could happen.
    She slept OK last night though - She really knows night from day, but still has to wake for a mid-night feed. No wonder she's growing huh?

I'm about to put a couple of new bath shots on the web. We got some last night when she was REALLY happy, she loves the bath soo much. I think she may have grown a little too.

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - Gabby does that too! When she is tired she rubs her little face on my shoulder. She isn't quite at the stage where she is trying to rub them tho. Violet must look sooooo cute when she does that As for the belly belly t-shirt pic, I have to delete it. Kelly messaged me - she thought I was leaking but it's actually one side of my maternity bra had popped open! Lovely!! LOL

Fi - AWWWWW! Little Jenna looks soooo cute in the bath! Great pics!

Nell - Ikwym about the great sleeping changing any moment. I am waiting for it all to change. Mum reckons it won't change all that dramatically - just when teething and illness happen. Here's hoping, hey?

Chrissy - I hope you have an 11 hour a night sleeper It IS possible but I think you would be lucky. I am happy with Gabby's 8 hours

I have been going nuts with the camera today! I want to fiddle around with Gabby's site and put yet more pictures up so will do that now

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast