Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, May '05

Hey Girls,
    Awww poor Jeff!! LOL!! What did he do when he realised, Nat?

Nell you poor thing! I can remember how awful it is to have a spewy baby and try to go anywhere... not fun. Had to giggle at the change at your friends place tho... isn't that the way it works??

Scarlett, another funny one!! You girls are all full of them!

Aww Deb, I am sure Neil can give you that wonderful gift for mothers day. Your a suck...J/K lol. Hey most of you girls have your first Mothers day on Sunday... Congratulations

Sarah, I hope your sister is ok. Violet and Zander really are BB twins (re them both putting on the same weight)!! Well done Zander!

Trish... lol at Tehya getting her thighs from you!! IKWYM, I really need to get and do some exercise!! I am starting to turn into a blob!

Well Wato has taken Em to swimming today . Also he has an appointment in about 10days to speak to the uniion and his old employer about compensation for getting the sack while on pat leave. So hopefull something comes of it.
    Went shopping yesterday, bought the girls bike helmets, Violet did a poo that shot out the side of her nappy, so i changed her and realised I didn't pack a spare pair of duds!! Went to wait for Alecia, Fed Violet... then Emily did a poo!! It's times like these I am glad she is still in nappies! Picked Alecia up, bought her a kilt for school ($90!!) then went grocery shopping. Half way thro Violet decided it was time to scream!! I hate when that happens, I had a few other things to do but just wanted to leave! What makes it worse is living half an hour from town!! Oh well, it doesn;t last forever!!

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Sounds like the shopping trip from hell, Tanya! All that poo! OMG @ the cost of kilts. That's it... Gabby is going to wear a potato bag to school, LOL. Far cheaper. I hope Wato can get some compensation for losing his job at such a stupid time. Honestly, you have gotta wonder where general human decency has gone these days!

Scarlett Guest

Deb - IKWYM about feeding at school, I have avoided it at all costs and planned em's feeding schedule around it too. The staff don't bother me too much but the kids do. I can just picture me sitting there boob out trying to get her on and two 17yr old boys will walk into the staffroom. I figure there are some things they do not need to know about me.

Trish - you poor thing all that poo. I dread the day I forget to restock the nappy bag and reach in to find it empty.

Well Emily is three months old today and I can not believe how quickly time has passed. Its wonderful to watch her grow and learn new things but I also wish she would stay my little baby for longer. LOL

Deb!! *tisk tisk* I can't believe Neil hasn't changed a pooy nappy!! Wato HAS to!! Otherwise he gets into trouble, and trust me, he doesn't want that!! But mostly he changes Emily and she stinks 1000000 times more than Violet . Good luck for feeding in front of EVERYONE when you go to show her off at school . I don't like feeding in front of ppl (esp if I have to unbutton my top) but I do it anyway. The way I see it is that my boobs were made for feeding babies not for everyone to get off on when I flop them out... so if it offends or pleasures anyone... too bad!!

Scarlett, congrats on reaching 3months!! I love that age! They start to sleep more at night, you almost have tham figured out and they do more!! Enjoy

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Scarlett - yay for Emily being 3 months today! Wow! She's gonna start doing all the really cool stuff soon. How exciting!

Tanya - yeah, I am pretty bad not making Neil change a pooey nappy. Honestly, he isn't here when she poos most days (she seems to do her poo just before lunch every day - nice and consistent! LOL) so the need hasn't arisen. He will change a wet nappy but is very awkward about it. I guess practice will make perfect. As someone that grew up without a Mum about and who has had literally nothing to do with babies, I think he does an ok job. Part of the problem is me being a control freak. He will offer and I will knock him back so he doesn't offer again. Kwim? Still, I prrromise I will get on his back next time she does a poo and he is home Gotta happen some time, hey??

I forgot to mention in my last post but Gabby and Neil went on their first outing without me yesterday. Neil had to go and check his post box and organise some posters for his next catalogue so he took missy moo with him. I almost said no because she was due for a feed soon but she seemed content so I thought, why not? They were only gone for an hour (and she was very hungry when they got back) but it felt great to have some time to myself. I cooked dinner and did a bit of tidying up. It felt like a mini-holiday! LOL I was very proud of Neil for taking it all in his stride. He even figured out how to strap her into the car seat! Also, he can reach her dummy and put it in her mouth as he drives. No fair! My arms aren't long enough so I have to either pull over or let her howl until I can. Men are so lucky sometimes!

Scarlett Guest

Tanya - I'm not sure I will ever have her fully sussed but I am getting better at reading her signals. I am loving her being a bit older as she is so much more fun to play with and we learn something new almost every day.

Deb - If I realise em has poohed and Kev is home I will find a subtle way to get him to hold or play with her. Wait a few minutes and 'notice' it or ask how her nappy is etc. We have a you found it you change it rule so if he then discovered it.....well. I figure I change the majority of them so is only fair.

Hi again,

Tanya - that is crap that Wato lost his job - when did that happen?? Was it a restructuring thing? Hopefulyl the union can help, although some are better than others.

Deb - LOL on the neil trip out. I know what you mean about a mini holiday. I streaked out the door on Tuesday for netball after shane was late, and basically said tough luck - you're looking after her, she has a clean nappy and is full. Deal with it. It was wonderful to get away from her for a couple of hours.

Trish - it turns out there is no infection in my nipple, so there should be no problem with the EBM. The nipple shield is going really well, its a pain to clean it all the time, I miss just being able to flop them out and get on with it!! Its not quite as painful, so heres hoping its beginning to heal.
    Jenna has started to put on weight too - I'm hoping she gets Shane's skinny thighs though, not my chunky ones!! Glad to hear the vaccinations went OK. And as for the wake up thing - I do that all the time, although its getting less often now.

Sarah - you certainly have your hands full at the moment, I hope Aaron does something super nice for you on Sunday!

I took Jenna into work today at lunchtime, so hardly anyone was there which was actually pretty good. She threw up about 8 times, I went through 2 bibs and a nappy chuck cloth. She was pretty good though, all the clucky ducks got a cuddle, and everyone keeps telling me how small she is. Shes a newborn!!! What do you expect!!!!

I have heaps of photos to sort through now I have my camera back, so I better get onto it.

Fi

Just to say I have put a couple of new photos on her www. I haven't got my new camera sussed yet, and alot of them have turned out blurry for some reason. Hmmmmm..... Might have to do some reading of manuals!

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

The photos look great, Fi! Jenna is definitely getting bigger

Awww Fi, Jenna is too cute. Was glad to see there were no *extra* bits in the bath pic with Shane Nipple shields do a great job hey.

Scarlett, 3 months is such a nice age they are starting to get more of a personality about them. It's like they start to get what is going on aorund them more now. We do the same with the "you found it, you change it" I'm guilty of sending Noah out to Mark if he's dirty 8-[ I'd far rather change Tehya over Noah anyday now.

Deb, the idea on the pooey nappy is give her to him to undressed when it's bathtime especially if she's got a dirty one on. You are of course too busy to change her so it is all up to him. Either that or leave her with him abit longer and she's bound to poo while your out. Then he'll have to do it.

Tanya, I'm the same with Noah and Tehya's nappies. Mark gets the old kid and I get the new one most of the time. I don't really care where I feed my babies but I so like to be comfortable atleast.. I don't want to embarress anyone but at the same time I don't want to run and hide either. Afterall, their only boobs doing what God made them for. We went into the shops last night and Noah was wearing undies. Of course he decided to poo in them in the middle of Myres. Fantastic. We had to buy him undies and take him up to the baby change room, I only had 3 wet ones left in Tehyas bag too so I sent Mark into the disabled toilet with Noah to clean him up. YAY another one I got out of

Nat, had to LOL at Jacob pooing in the bath with Jeff. I remember Noah doing that to me when he was a newborn. Actually he did it to me in the shower 2 weeks ago when he had gastro. Nope I wasn't laughing either. Atleast it was the shower and I wasn't sitting in it.

Nell, atleast Matty didn't do a half attempt at making a mess hey. Poor little man.

Well Tehya has certainly been growing well. I got her weighed today and she is 5.31kgs, length 58.5cm and hc 38. Last Friday I weighed her and she was only 4.89kgs so she has gained 420grams in a week. OMG !!!
    Atleast I know the 100 feeds a day atm are going somwhere.

Take care
    Trish

Sarah, hope the you guys are going ok. Hows Zander and Amanda going?

kaza_85 Guest

Forum Name: kaza_85
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 18/03/05
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Zaliah Jo Richards
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes: 2 days late. I had 2 days labour

Welcome Kaza - I'm sure you have another name though!! We will anxiously await your first post!

Trish - LOL your post was postly about Poo!! What do you have on the mind? Yes we censored the bath shots, although you do get to see one of Shane;s really classy tatts on his legs. Deeeee-lightful!

Jenna's poos have slowed down, shes not even doing one a day which seems a little strange. She's really grizzly tonight. Hopefully this next feed will get her down. Shane let me have a bath to myself tonight, which was lovely. I almost felt normal. I thought about shaving my legs, but decided to read a bit of book instead.

Well the guzzler is calling again. I think she might just want a bit more milk. Hopefully she'll stay down til 2-3am. Hopefully, please, fingers crossed!!!

Fiona

Hi Kaza, congrats on the birth of Zaliah

Fi - Matty's poos have slowed as well, about once every 2 days, you know not to worry about it right? As long as she is still having lots of wet nappies. Great photos of Jenna - did I tell you that I love the name Jenna - it is of my favourites!

Nat - great place to have a poo. Matty wee's all the time in the bath, I think it's great - saves on nappies!

Scarlett - happy 3 months to Emily for yesterday and see you in the next forum in a couple of weeks!

Rob and Zola, hope Nate and Bas are both doing well, come back and post soon!

Tanya - I'm with you, DH changes poohy nappies all the time. Actually for the whole of the first night in hospital, he changed all of Matty's nappies as I was tied to bed still and too exhausted.

Deb - I'm sure the trip to scholl will be fine. Have you got some EBM saved up? Maybe take that along in case she gets really hungry. I am taking Matty to my work next week as well and asI work will nearly all fella's, it'll be interesting when I have to feed Matty! I must say I did it in full public on Thursday for the first time, at the BB meet, there were 4 of us b/f at the table so watch out if anyone complained!

Must go, little man is waking...

Back again, he can't decide if he is waking or not... so I've leave him for now. Where was I?

That's right, the past 2 nights Matty has slept 12 hours and 11 hours. He is basically down at 7pm after a bath and a feed and doesn't wake until 6 or 7. God am I a lucky woman!

But yesterday we had one of those I don't want to settle and I don't know what I want days. He basically fed every 2-3 hours and was so tired at some point, he would cry for an hour before going to sleep. The only way I could settle him was in the hug-a-bub, nothing else worked. I had him on the change table, changing him and he just kept arching his back right up, almost flipping himself over, crying his little heart out. I think that either means tired or wind pain (what do you think girls?). Anyway, I think it may have been wind, I ended up giving him some gripe water and he settles down in about 15 mins, not sure if it was the gripe water or he was just exhausted. Anyway, that's probably why he has slept so long!

Hope you bubs are sleeping well and Sarah - hope you are okay looking after Zander and Amanda.

LOL Fi, I just re read my post and it was true #-o See what life comes to when you have this many kids...... My legs are sooooo hairy, i think it's been around 2 weeks since I last shaved them!!! Maybe more. I don't get the chance for a bath by myself, thought that I would do it last night as Tehya was finally asleep and you guessed it, the minute I started running the bath she was awake and screaming. So another shared bath for me, first Tehya then Noah.

Welcome Kaza and congratulations on the birth of Zaliah.

Nell, your really getting spoilt on the good sleeps. YAY for Matty \/ what a good boy he is. I would say that the back arching is probably wind too, they tend to arch and stretch and through themselves around with bad wind.

Tehya was really unsettled yesterday and last night up til bedtime. She just kept on crying which really isn't like her at al. And the feeds OMG I swear she feeds soooo much, I woke this morning with the hugest, fullest boobs and she has had 2 feeds overnight. She has definately increased this cows supply Her nose is blocked up again so here we were awake again from 2 til around 3.30am with Tehya snuffling and trying to breath and have a feed at the same time. I think she really gets the s**ts with it because she just gives up and decides to do some talking instead ](*,) Pretty sure I fell back to sleep before she did though. UMMMAAHHH.

Got out the Fess this morning and gave her nose a good clean out, she had some more bb and is fast asleep atm. God I hate those catnaps though, it is so tiring.

Hope everyone has a great day. We are off to footy again to watch Joel - this is my Saturday ritual now. Looks like rain up here though.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - have fun at the footy. Hope it doesn't rain too much. LOL @ your pooey post. There's certainly lotsa poo happening atm!! Hope Tehya is a little more settled today. LOL @ your milk supply being increased - you do feel like a cow, I bet!

Nell - wow! Great sleeps from Matty! I don't have any EBM as I find it very difficult to get very much BM out. I am going to work on it a bit more eventually. Still, I might take along a formula bottle for back up. I should be ok tho! Good luck with going to your work with Matty. I am sure the blokes won't mind copping a look at booby if you need to feed him, LOL. Sounds like he has had a bit of wind. That's what Gabby is like in the late arvo, early evening. Very grizzly and very windy. It's hard to tell if the gripe water works because I usually try to leave it until she really needs it and then you don't know if they stop crying because they are knackered or because of the medicine. ](*,)

Fi - Sorry I missed your call! I didn't even hear the message until late last night. We had about 6 messages on the answering machine and I thought I had listened to all of them! DOH! The hug-a-bub is grrrreat! Gabby settled in it almost instantly. Neil will hopefully get to use it this weekend at some stage. I briefly showed him how it works and he was quite impressed. I got a DVD with it btw (they must not give you the option like where you bought it from). SO glad I have it now tho.

Gabby slept from 9:30pm til 7am so that was wonderful once again. I honestly didn't think she would sleep so well because she drank her whole bottle (after just having a BF) and was wide awake afterwards when she normally crashes! Probably a good thing for her wind to be awake for a little while after the bottle n e way. I got her up and fed her in bed then Neil and I had a play with her. It was so nice for Neil to see how happy she is in the mornings. Usually she is a grumpy-guts by the time he gets home from work. She just LOVES these black and white pictures that I have along the side of her cradle. She will lay there and chat to them for ages. There's coloured pictures on the other side (it's like a material banner that goes down the whole side) for when her eyes can focus properly. So cool to watch her.

She has been asleep again for about an hour now listening to rage on the tv in our room in her rocker. I've given up trying to put her back in her cradle after her morning feed. She just doesn't seem to settle in there unless it is night time. I'll worry about that later, I think.

Seems I might have to have a high frequency BFing day soon. I honestly don't think there is much left in my boobs by 8pm because Gabby gets so ****ty when feeding. She will suck for a bit then arch her back and pull off constantly. She'll even cry out of frustration. I thought it was wind but when I sit her up she screams until I put her back on the boob. Makes it very hard to hear the TV, lol. Trial and error, hey?

[quote="bieleemorris
    She has been asleep again for about an hour now listening to rage on the tv in our room in her rocker. I've given up trying to put her back in her cradle after her morning feed. She just doesn't seem to settle in there unless it is night time. I'll worry about that later, I think.[/quote]

Deb. my neices very rarely slept in their cots during the day after about 6 weeks of age. SIL usually just left them to sleep in the pram, rocker, etc during the day. They went down so well in their beds at nighttime tho...perhaps it has to do with the whole getting to know daytime and nighttime.

Debbie Lee Guest

You're probably right, Chrissy. I'm not too worried about it - so long as she sleeps.
    She is asleep in the hug-a-bub atm. Loves it!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast