Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, May '05

Hope Sarah is OK - shes been quiet!

Trish - I'm pretty sure its been about 5 weeks since these legs were shaved! They are super hairy, but who cares - Its not like Shanes getting any action, so whats the big deal!!

Deb - glad you like the hugabub. Neil will love carrying her around in it, sometimes Jenna fights it a little, but a few back slaps and a bit of jiggling, and she's right.

Nell - I would definitly say wind. Jenna gets really kicky and archy when she gets wind. I haven't resorted to gripe water yet. I usually just give more bb and she gets distracted. Oh - and we had 2 poos this morning, so she must be back to normal!!

Better get to her, she's waking up after netball. SHe got lots of cuddles cuase we didnt have her in the pram, so everyone wanted a cuddle. Yay - mum had hands free!!

Fi

can't w wait till I finally get to use my hug-a-bub.

Its the only 'baby item' i have apart from a 12 pack of cloth nappies that where on special one day, that heath keeps eyeing off to use as truck polish rags.

I practiced using the hug-a-bub with my neighbours baby born...LOL

Wow Fi, they must be hairy. Oh well I'm one up on you now. I got shave mine in the shower this morning. Yay at getting a hands free day to, I'll be having an afternoon like that. Going to the scrapshop for a couple of hours, they are having an Undercoverwear party there this afternoon. Not sure that I'll buy anything but atleast I'm out of the house for a couple of hours.

Deb, footy was ok just bit cold, rain held out thankfully. We had a draw 22 all. Was a good game too. Tehya slept through me yelling out too

You girls are making me jealous all this talk about your hug a bubs. Not really sure if I know what they look like but if they are the one I'm thinking of they look great. Do you sort of strap them across your body in it??? Tehya loves her Baby Bjorn carrier, she snuggles up and goes to sleep in it. have to stick the summy in her mouth though because it just teases her having her that close to the bbs.

Hope everyone has a great Mothers Day tomorrow. We are having lunch at Mums house as usual but are making it a little party for Noah too. He will be 3 on Tuesday. I was in hospital for Mothers Day when he was born (2 days before it) and I hated it. Just sat there and cried because I wanted to be home with my boys. Now all I want is a really big sleep in - oh and a quite house to do it in

Take care
    Trish

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Sorry guys. Had a few very very bad days with Zander & wasn't able to get on. On Friday he got himself so over tired & worked up that he spent most of the day screaming. Yesterday he had the worst wind & reflux pain so he spent most of the day screaming! Loooong few days!

On the upside though it seems as though Amanda did only have a virus cos she was feeling pretty good yesterday. I'm still taking her for the u/s tomorrow just to check for the gallstones anyway.

Sorry for no personals, cos I've gotta run. Will come back & update properly.

Oh yeah and happy 1 month to Nixee

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY LADIES

Another bad day & I'm just exhausted. Zander was pretty good this morning but from about 3.30 this afternon he has been pretty bad. I have no idea what's setting him off though. We were at my sister's house & he was smiling & chatting away to her then all of a sudden he's screaming non stop for an hour. I just don't know what to do to help him - even granma didn't work this time.

How did the undercover wear party go Trish? Hope you're lunch/party went well today too. Poor Tehya yesterday being unsettled. I hope she was better for you today.

Hehehe at the hairy legs Fi! Mine are like that from the knee up & aren't much better below!

Yay at your good sleeps Deb. Zander is slowing getting there, but I think the last 2 nights have been good cos he was exhausted from crying so much.

Nell sounds like Matty loves his sleep! You must be loving it too. I think the back arching thing is something to do with wind - I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Welcome Kaza & congrats on Zaliah's birth

Sorry to whoever I've missed I can't go back any further & I have no idea what else I've read! I am sooo hoping tomorrow is a better day & I'll be back properly.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

bit late in the day but thought I would wish it anyway.

Sarah - I hope that Zander gives you a good night and I am glad that Amanda is feeling better. Poor little Zander, Matty has been a bit unsettled as well... still arching the back a bit. He met my nanna yesterday and she thought he was wonderful, she is in a nursing home and he was a bit overtired and started crying, woke all the old folk up from a nap - oops, we left pretty soon after!

Got the scrapbooks made in time and they were wellp received, have taken photos and will still them on the site in the nest few days.

Trish - hug a bub does sort strap on your body but up and down, not across IYKWIM? Sort of hard to explain - you wear it and they are snug against your body - it is the best thing.

I had a lovely mums day and received a nice watch, DVD, scrapbooking stuff and choccy off DH and Matty, hope everyone else had a great mothers day.

Happy Mothers Day girls. Now I am really late. Hope that you all got spoilt with your new little bubbas.

Sarah, I really hope that Zander has calmed down for you now. I really don't know how you do it. I suppose in some ways you should be glad that you have no other children to have to deal with and can just give him all of your attention atm. I forgot to say the other day. I had a gf who had the same sort of symptoms the Amanda does i.e passing out and stuff anyway she ended up having to get her gallbladder taken out. All is good now for her.

Nell, good to hear that you got the albums finished in time. LOL @ Matty waking the oldies up. Maybe they should turn their hearing aids off when other peoples visitors come or when having a nap

Happy 1 Month to little Nixee too. Now you get to join the big bubs

Tehya is STILL doing the catnap thing. Undercoverwear party went good, got home around 7.30pm. Noah's party went well too although he was tired before it even started and was being a little terd before hand. Not sure what I ate or drank but something set my stomach off and I was sick with gastro for the rest of the afternoon/evening. Real fun when you have everyone waiting to do the cake and you can't move off the loo. Can't even poo in peace without the whole party knowing where I was

Tehya is back in bed atm, but of course I have to get her up soon for swimming. No wonder the poor baby doesn't settle.

Oh yeah, Mothers Day I got a Slow Cooker, a box of Fererro Rochers, a box of Celebrations Choccies, and this really lovely (not) necklace from the school stall Of course I wore it around the house yesterday morning though. Oh bacon and eggs for brekkie and I got to stay in bed til 8am. Not asleep though ](*,)

Take care
    Trish

Hi All,

Hope your days went well. I got a little card with two feet printed inside it. Very cute, and thats all I wanted so I'm happy. I'm hoping not to get into the whole commercial side of it.

I am wayyyyy p'd off with insurance companies - I can't even begin to say why they have annoyed me, cause I get too angry thinking about it, but anyway, we have to have insurance right??

Sarah - I hope zander is feeling better today. This little mite wont go to sleep and has thrown up SOOOO many times today. And her nappy stinks and I have to change it.

Motherhood is the pits sometimes. On the plus side - I shaved my legs!!! Woohoo!! And I read a book yesterday, but didn't get breakkie in bed.

I need to go shopping. I'm getting cabin fever. I wish I had some money. Bum.

Fiona

Scarlett Guest

Hey guys, hope mothers day was good for all of you. We had a fantastic day - can't wait till next year.

Well I'm off to check out the next forum, but lookforward to chatting with you again soon.

Debbie Lee Guest

Hey guys,
    Sounds like we all got some lovely gifts for mother's day. Neil got up to Gabby in the morning and brought her in then took her out after her feed so that I could sleep for another hour (she was fussing). When he came back in, Gabby had a bunch of flowers and a card for me. Awww! In the card was a $100 voucher for our local hair salon for me to get my hair done. I was just thinking about that the other day too! Lovely! We had the family over for dinner. Mum brought over the roast meat and I cooked the veges (well, started them - sisters had to take over cos Gabby was being a very windy fuss-pot!). I gave Mum some coasters that you can put photos into. Of course, I put photos of Gabby in them. She says she can't bring herself to put a coffee mug on Gabby's face, LOL.

Sarah - sorry to hear you and Zander have been having such a rotten time. Good to hear your sis is ok. Maybe Zander was having sympathy pains for her??

Trish - urrgh @ the gastro during the party. It always hits at horrible times I reckon - like it knows. Good to hear Noah had a great party. I hope Tehya stops cat napping and starts having good, long sleeps 4 u soon.

Nell - good to hear you got the scrap books done in time. LOL @ Matty waking up all the oldies. They wouldn't have known what hit em! Kind of the opposite end of the spectrum, hey??

Fi - I hope Jenna's spews get better. I guess some babies are more spewy than others. Must be all that milk you have!!

Went to the school today. I took up your suggestion, Nell, and expressed in the morning and managed to get 110mls!! So I didn't have to whip the boob out! I am going to express a little every morning (now that I have a stove-top I can sterilise the breast pump bits that can't go in a microwave steam steriliser). Then I can build up a nice storage and hopefully be able to leave Gabby with Mum every now and then when I am at my wit's end. The mornings seem to be the best and, I tell ya - SO much came out when I expressed at the same time as feeding. It was awkward and Gabby got a bit shirty but we got there!
    So, yeah, went to the school and everyone went nuts. A couple of the kids from my grade last year spotted me on the way in. I hung out in the staff room for recess where Gabby proceeded to cry as she was passed around. I gave her the bottle when, before I knew it, it was lunch time. So more showing her off to the staff then outside for the kids to have a look. Well, did I build up quite a crowd??? By the time I got out to the playground, I had about 30 kids walking with me (most of them ex-students) and I was catching up with all my not-so-little babies. I could tell they were saving up their stories for me. One little boy who was a bit of a rat-bag last year told me he is still naughty and then told me allllllll about his dog, his sister, his Mum, - his whole life in the last 6 months. I didn't realise how much I missed him!!! LOL One of the little girls had tears in her eyes when she saw Gabby. God, kids can be so genuine and sweet, can't they? I actually miss the school slightly now that I have had a bit of a taste of it again.
    I left after lunch. Thankfully Gabby slept most of the way. She is napping now after a big feed. Poor thing - I think she was annoyed because she missed out on her morning sleep.
    I am now very exhausted!!

So thats where you were Deb!! I tried calling you to see if you wanted to "do lunch". I was seriously cranky this morning, and just felt like spending money. Glad to hear that you had a great time at school, and wooohoo on the expressing! Definitly a good idea to get as much stored up as you can. As for the breast pump, the MCHN said not to get too stressed about sterilising for EBM cause its so good. It would probably be enough for you to clean the pump in hot soapy water, and then scald it with boiling water. Thats all I do with my ice-cube tray.

I love my microwave steriliser though - I'm so pleased I got it rather than spending extra money on the electric one. I have the Avent one, and it has slots for everything to go inside, and cause I have the Isis breastpump, it all fits in really easily. Fabulous!

Anyway - my day got a littler better. I went to Medicare and got Jenna on my card - so no more big drs bills! Went to Target and swapped a couple more gifts returned. Socks - I got that many pairs of socks!!!! And vests, I really didn't need more cause I got given a pile second hand, and the ones I really liek are the sort that do up underneath. So I swapped them for some muslin wraps to use as chuckky clothes. I go through about 3-4 a day, so more were needed. Then I went to lunch, adn came home! All in all an exciting day trip.

And the insurance company called, and I'm not cranky with them anymore cause they are giving me a discretionary multi policy discount after all!! Yay! it makes sense to complain about some things!!

Very quiet in here at the mo. Not sure what to add cause there aren't many posts to respond to!

Trish - nice to see your last post didn't miss out on Poo. would be disappointed if you hadn't mentioned it!

Oooh!! One big exciting thing for me. Jenna fits her all in one nappies!! Yay! Cloth nappies that I can trust Shane to get right! She must be growing after all... we will find out tomorrow how much at her weighin.

Bye
    Fi

Sounds like your trip to school was a big success Deb. Naughty mummy should be sleeping though seeing as you are exhausted [-X Yay for having a good mothers day yesterday. Sounds like you're getting the whole expressing thing working, that's great!

That is a cute present Fi We try not to do the whole commercial thing for mothers & fathers days - just a small present usually. Yay for the shaved legs, I am still yet to do mine. Cabin fever has hit here as well, so bad that I went to visit dad at work today!

Trish, I am glad that I don't have any other kids atm to deal with seeing as Zander can be very demanding. I was saying to mum the other day that it's good that Zander is our first - that way if we had an easy baby to start with it would be hard to deal with a difficult one now if that makes any sense. I think what I'm saying is I don't know any better so it's all good! Yuck at the gastro AGAIN. Glad that the party went well though.

LOL at Matty waking up all the old people resterday Nell! Glad the scrapbooks were well received. I'm thinking of making one for my mum for Christmas.

Well Amanda had her u/s this afternoon & it turns ut she doesn't have gallstones *phew* It seems as though she bruised some of her insides when she fainted but all is good now. All she has to do now is go for her EEG on May 23rd to make sure there isn't something major causing her fainting episodes.

Debbie Lee Guest

Awwww Fi, sorry I wasn't home to catch your call. Sounds like you could have used the company too. Still, by the sounds of it you had a pretty productive day. YAY for Jenna-Benna getting bigger! Must be great to use the next lot of nappies. I agree with you on the button-up vests as opposed to the singlets. I have soooooo many of both. Only thing is, most of her button-up vests are frilly or have a pattern that show through if she is wearing something light so I will put a singlet on her for those occasions! Thanks for the advice about the sterilising. I won't worry about boiling the ice trays now. I wasn't in the mood for boiling the big pot just for that!

Sarah - so glad you sister doesn't have gall stones. What a scary experience all this must have been for her! Ikwym about not knowing any better. How much of a shock is it going to be for me if my next baby doesn't sleep at night with the bottle?? It's good that you can put a positive slant on it all. After all - like EVERYONE keeps saying - they change very quickly. Before you know it, Zander will grow out of all of his reflux etc. and it will be easier to keep him content. My friend's little boy that had BAD reflux is a gorgeous, well-behaved kid that sleeps really well. You wouldn't even know he was such a sicky baby. There's light at the end of the tunnel. It's just so damn hard to see sometimes (esp. when you don't get the sleep you need).

Gabby must be buggered from our big drive to Werribee today! She has been asleep since 3:30pm and it's now 6:30pm. I should be in making dinner but Neil is running errands so I won't bother until I know he is going to be home to eat it fresh (we are having wraps and the meat isn't as nice re-heated). I am getting sick of the wind that Gabby has been getting. I reckon I could burp her for half an hour and still wouldn't get it all out. It's frustrating cos it wakes her up and the only way I can get her back to sleep is to cuddle her. What was that I was telling you about light at the end of the tunnel, Sarah?? LOL - I should listen to my own advice hey??

Hey Deb have you tried gripe water? It's supposed to be really good for windy bubs.... You might have already said, but mummy mush brain is working overtime atm

Debbie Lee Guest

Yep, Sarah. I use the gripe water but it doesn't seem to help too much. It's hard to tell though cos I give it to when she is all riled up.

Trish - I took a pic of me with the hug a bub on if you wanna check it out on Gabby's site.

Hi all

Well I cant believe Pheonix is a month old. It seems like 6 months lol.

Things are ok here, still in tremendous pain with my back but am going to the docs about it tomorrow so heres hoping it will get better one day.

I think Pheonix has problems bringing up wind at the moment as she seems to be full of pain after a bottle and wont bring up much at all. I tried some cooled boiled water and she burped and farted like a trooper so maybe thats the go with her.

She is still sleeping in bed with me but tonight we are going to persist with the cot. It would be nice to be in the same bed as dh for a change.

For the bubbies on formula how much were they taking at a month old? I am not sure whether Pheonix is drinking enough or not.

Hi everyone, i hope you all had a great mothers day.

Just a quick update, i will do personals tommorrow.

Ryan is going well, he's growing really fast.
    Took him to the Dr the other day because he started being really sick and it turns out he has reflux, i noticed that a few of your bubs also have it but he told me to give him a bottle of reflux formula a day and it should settle down? now i've never heard of this, i thought they had medication to treat it, anyway we tried it and it works a little bit, but he is still throwing up and gags at every feed be it boob or bottle.
    I am going to buy him some infant gaviscon tommorrow to see if that helps.
    He is still putting on weight so the Dr is not too concerned.

anyway, better go to bed now before his next feed.

Take care

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast