Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month to 6 Months, December '04

mooshie Guest

hi girls how are we

snowy - good to see you in here - when are you going to finish that birth story lol. don't worry about the dummy as christy said the midwives say not to as it will cause nipple confusion - i did not believe at first but my ds did have that problem but both jessie and lani not a prob - lani loves the dummy just to settle to sleep and it lives in her cot or bassinet, i don't give it to her other than sleeping. i agree just do what you feel is right, cause it will be right.

spiddles - yay at getting a new pram, we borrowed the one i am using for lani off a friend, cause if we bought a new one it would have been our 5th and i don't think hubby would have appreciated it lol. my girlfriend got a mothers choice jogger pram from dimmey's a couple of weeks ago for around $90 i saw it today and it looks great for the money.

dachlostar - good luck with yasin's check up, i so can't wait for lani to get weighed next week it will be 5wks since last weigh in, and she only put 460grams on in 4wks last time so interested to know now as i struggle to get 5 feeds in a day usually only 4. re neice/nephew this will be my 8th but they are spread right around the country - well not really just all around vic and qld i am so excited cause this couple are the couple that deserve kids.

christy - lol at matilda waking so did lani she woke at 2.30am talking (takes after her mum lol) i tried the dummy etc but at 3.30 i thought i will just feed her and she went back - she had come out of her wrap and her arms were cold i hate it when it is warm at night when going to bed that gets colder than what they say on the weather forecast grrrr, maybe i will ring the weather man to settle my baby in the middle of the night when she wakes up cold cause i dressed her in something light cause he said only getting down to 19 when i reckon it got down to about 12 lol.

anyway i am gunna go through and see what i can rustle up for dinner.

see ya's

Hi everyone,

You are all so busy, I don't think I can remember everyone, sorry if I miss you, I will try. I have been flat out, with an ultrasound which showed no gallstones, which means I probably have a stomach ulcer, and I need the gastroscopy (lovely). Josh had his last school orientation, I had no car today as it was being serviced, but I had the messiest house as I have been so tired lately I have done bare minimum.

O took Jessica to health centre, weight 5380gms )11lb 14oz), 58.5cm and 39.5 HC. She is 50th percentile for height and weight and just under for head, a little bub, my others were bigger than her by at least a month each. That's fine I am happy and she is happy and gaining weight without a prob. She is sleeping up to 10hrs a night and feeds every 3 hrs during the day. She is holding a rattle and twisting her body around to look at things, and She is too long to wrap. She also pushes herself backwards when on her back.

Sorry to hear some bubs are not sleeping well, light and weather seem like they may be involoved. As for teeth, Jemma had her first tooth at 4 and a half months so it is quite possible that some are about to get teeth.

I love dummies! My kids have all had them, have all been great sleepers and 2 out of 4 (so far) have given them up befor they were 3 so I don't really see the harm, I don't see why a finger would be any different, and I am not able to comment on nipple confusion, mine are all bottle fed babies.

I knew I would forget everyones info, I am so tired lately I could sleep for a month. And I am not even getting up in the night! Josh's kinder xmas party is tomorrow, and I am going shopping in the arvo, we have a full friday and Sat, with a retirement, Jordans school picnic and a 30th bday on Fri, and a xmas party for lunch on Sat and tea at my Nanas sat night, maybe we will all collapse on Sunday!

Goodnight
    Michelle

Wow at being told not to use a dummy! When I had Emma (bearing in mind it was 9 years ago tomorrow!!!!) she started trying to suck her fist and the midwife asked if we planned on using a dummy and I said no. She said if it was her she would or run the risk of having a thumb sucker!!! So she got the dummy. I tried everything I could with Jack to get him to take the dummy and now (6 years later) he still sucks his thumb. Emma gave her dummy up at 3 (she gave them to Santa) and I soemtimes wish Jack woudl stop his thumb sucking but he only does it when he is tired or sick. Anyway so I gave Asha a dummy when she was born and we haven't looked back!!! She has it when she is tired and will sleep all night without it. She plays with it during the day and chews on the solid part when her teeth are giving her grief!!!!

Wow epic post but I need to go and make cupcakes for Emma to take to school tomorrow.

Hi to everyone hope you are all happy and healthy.

Cheers

Well, Wolf had his first bath today as his belly button thingie finally came off today (YEAH!). (the midwife had said not to bathe him until it comes off, but have also heard from other people that they did bathe their baby with the stub.. ah.. whatever I guess..). Anyways, it was a lot of fun and Wolf loved the water. It was very cute and I made a video of it. The grandparents will love to watch that I'm sure.

Thanks for all the advice re. the dummy. My mom also said that she'd use a dummy and that she used them with us from day 1 .. hmm.. I guess next time he has a screaming fit, I might try the dummy again. he's been breastfeeding so well that I can't see why he'd get nipple confusion..

Also thanks for the feedback re. the bleeding. Hmmm.. at the hospital they said after a c-section you bleed for only a week. Funny that everyone bled for longer. I haven't made that doctor's appointment yet.. my midwife is coming again tomorrow, so I guess I will discuss it with her and tell her that plenty of people seem to bleed for longer.

Dachlostar, lol on DH screaming for you when Yasin pees or poos during a change. I think Monkey is also quite grossed out by it. He does assist me during nappy changes sometimes and last time Wolf peed, Monkey shrieked and let go of the legs. Great! So instead of being able to control where the pee went, it went all over the place... arrrg... I told Monkey that it wasn't quite the reaction one needed from the support person ... men...

Michelle, I did finish the birth story (finally, I know it took forever..)

Christy, it's so hard keeping them awake sometimes, isn't it... Wolf seems to be on a good routine at the moment, where he has his last feed at 10:30 p.m. and then sleeps til 3:30 and then again til 7:00 which is not a lot of continuous sleep, but it's a first step in the right direction I guess. I hope we can drop the night feed some time. How long did it take you guys to get your baby to drop the night feed? I am DYING for something like 6 hours consecutive sleep...

Spiddles, yeah on the new pram. That's quite a bargain for 140 bucks!

Oh my boob feels like it's falling off. Wolf just had the longest feed after the bath... bathing must make him hungry or something... he went for 45 minutes... I wish I had 2 working boobs so I could alternate... gosh, what must mothers of twins feel like!!

Snowy

Kelly- I thought the same thing about the antibiotics making the thrush worse. I think with Alana's CF they need to be extra careful that she doesn't get infections etc. She has been on the antibiotics since Monday night and I can see a huge improvement. We also put canestan and a cortisone cream on it three times a day. Its only for a week.

Rose- I believe that it won't clear up because of the fat in her poo iritating the area. I've have expressed my thoughts to her Paed and he said that it could be the cause. Once we get the enzyme dosage right and she starts to digest her food better, it will clear up. Thats my gut feeling anyway!! She's already doing much better with digesting her food as she is puttng on weight.

Snow I only bled for about 2 weeks. But when I got my period 6 weeks later, it went on for 2 weeks or so.! Yuck!

Spiddles congrats on the new pram. I love my Valco. Its great for when Alana and I go for walks.

Mooshie- I also struggle to get 5 feeds in. Most of the time its only 4. Yesterday Alana and I slept right through her last feed. Had her feed at four (probably didn' t fall asleep until 7) but didn't wake up until 4.30 this morning! I had a heart attack!! It meant she only had 3 feeds yesterday. I just feel awful! Good luck with the weigh in.

Dachlostar- Good luck with Yasin's weigh in. [/quote]

Marcia Guest

Hi all,

Snowy - LOL at Wolf peeing in his face. Hudson did the same thing when he was a few weeks old. I couldn't stop laughing when it happened as he had such a look of shock on his face. We were also told by the hospital not to use a dummy, but about a week after we came home we were racing to the chemist to buy one lol!

Spiddles - Sounds like our two boys are doing the same thing then. I hope it is teeth as I am being a bit of a paranoid mummy lately wondering what is wrong with him, so teething sounds ok to me lol. Might go look for a teething ring today too and see if he likes that. =D> for the new pram!

Michelle - hugs to you matey. Doesn't sound like you are having a good time atm with your stomach/throat problems. Don't stress about the house though, ours is a mess and I only have one bub, and no health issues.

Iris - Poor little Alana. I have only seen pics of nappy rash so far but it looks so sore. Hudsons bottom is looking a bit red atm so I am trying to keep it at bay with barrier cream. I hope the antibiotics and creams sort it out for you.

Well we finally put Hudson in his cot yesterday. He is sleeping a bit better but the cheeky little bugger has taken to rolling around in there now that he has more room to move lol. Found him on his tummy once, and sideways with his leg stuck between the bars another time. Don't know how we are going to stop him really though as we can't sit there and watch him all night. I think he might just do it once he wakes up though, so hopefully he is only doing it for a few minutes before I hear him grizzling and go to get him up.
    IKWYM about feeling fat and yuck to those that mentioned it! I am back to pre preg weight but I have rolls and hangy bits everywhere lol! Worst part is that I went shopping for swimmers yesterday and came home with nothing because I look aweful in all of them. I wouldn't even be looking except that I want to take Hudson to swimming lessons in a couple of months. And on top of feeling fat I now cannot wear anything that doesn't have an underwire because my boobs are stuffed. Grrrrr. No fun.
    Hudson is still a cranky boy, but now I am also wondering if it might be because he is constipated. He has been for at least two weeks now and nothing we try seems to be helping. He won't drink much water or diluted baby prune juice and even when we manage to get some into him it hasn't made a difference, so we are off to the chemist today to see if there is anything that can help. If not we may have to go to the doctors I think. Poor little bubba. Well, better go shower and dress so we can actually go to the chemist lol! It's after midday!

spiddles Guest

Yup he definatly is starting to teeth Marcia. No teeth have broken through the gums but you can feel them. He wont sleep and is hardly eating and is getting grizzly at times GRRRRR!! (so much for the 8 hour sleep straight dont think I will be seeing it again for a while) Bonjela worked like a charm this morning. Have you seen those gummy teethers by happy baby Marcia??? They are really good. Liam loves to chew on it plus you can put the bonjela on it and put straight in their mouth if you dont want to use fingers.

Well I took the new pram for a spin today and walked for an hour! Sooooo much better than the old one. Am officially starting back on my diet today!!! 30kgs to go!! I know I can do it as have done it before. I wrote how I did it in wieght lose section if anyone is interested.

Not a big fan on those joggin prams. SIL has one. They are great for going in straight lines but for taking shopping is a pain.

YAY for the antibotics working Iris!! Its good to hear the rash is improving!!

Hope things get better soon for you Michelle. Summer is the worst time to feel ill.

Snowy Liam was bathed the day he was born and nearly every day since (apart from when he has a shower) Had no probs with cord stump and healed nicely. The midwives made us bath him infront of them. Was on the check list of things they know you know how to do before you can go home.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Just an idea for Marcia -

My granny told me to use 1 tablespoon of brown sugar in a bottle (120mls) of breastmilk or formula, and they won't be constipated any more!

I used this for Alex a few times and it worked within 6 hours.

Best of luck.

carmen Guest

Hello Everyone

Good to hear that everyone is well.

At mothers group this week , I mentioned that Luke had discovered his ear since he just lays there holding it and I was told that it might be a sign that he is starting to teeth. I was told that other signs are red cheeks, a red bum(??) and gums that sing if you rub your finger along them. He doesn't have any other signs but I would be interested to hear if your babies have any of them for those of you who are starting to teeth.

Re: Dummies - I think that I am lucky since Luke only wants his during the day and doesn't need it at night so I don't have to spend the night getting up and down.

On Tues night, Luke slept for 8 hours and then fed and slept for another 3 hours. I then thought that I would try putting him down earlier since he is still going to bed about 10:30 - 11pm - that didn't work and I was up earlier so I will stick with the later bed time since then I only get up once (about 5am - 6am) rather than twice.

Yeh on the new pram Spiddles - I think it makes a difference if you have a nice pram to walk.

Re: peeing in the face, we have had that happen a lot and Luke really doesn't seem to mind (remember to bring that up at his 18th). DH helps out a lot with nappy changes - however I have noticed that the ones he does on his own are always the dirtiest or wettest that Luke has ever had (lol!!)

Re: weights and measurements - we don't have another appointment until 4 months but I really want to know what Luke weighs and measures so I think that I might take him to the centre to check. I will also have to ask about percentiles since we have never been told.

Take care

ahhhh...went out christmas shopping this morning #-o oh dear...Matilda has had a complete tantrum when we got home from overstimulation, she was throwing her head back onto the ground & screaming then I was holding her to settle her and rocking her which is how she sometimes goes to sleep & she was sobbing for 10 minutes... it really sucked, especially because I was overstimulated too and just want to sleep... she's finally asleep after an hour of screaming [-o< I hope that stays that wat for a while!

Hi everyone!

I have attached Alana's website to my sig. I haven't had a chance to load all the photos I wanted, but will get there! Anyway there's a few to look at.

I will post more later. I am slightly exhausted from looking after my friends 15 month old. And it was only for a couple of hours!! My friend gave her to me over tired and after tripping bagging her chin on the coffee table, you can imagine she was not happy. I finally got her to sleep after, bribing her with food, tickling and playing on the computer!

Alana is just gorgeous Lara!! Those are beautiful photos you have there!

spiddles Guest

OoOoO she is just gorgeous Lara!!! I still can't get over how long her hair is!!!!!!

Hi all

LOL about baby boys peeing everywhere - DH and I copped it a few times when Harry was a baby. It's good having a girl - she doesn't have the equipment to do it!

Welcome snowy! I am glad that things are going well with Wolf.

Re bleeding - I bled for about 3 weeks then had a week off and then started bleeding again quite heavily for a week and now it's stopped. I don't know if it was AF or not, I suppose it's possible since I am not breastfeeding but I didn't think I would have started ovulating so soon! I am back on the pill now anyway. Don't want to take any chances - SIL got pregnant just 8 weeks after her third baby and I don't particularly want to follow in her footsteps!

I have updated Grace's website if anyone wants to take a peek
    Iris - Alana is sooo cute!

Bon

HI Girls,

I am going to check out Alana and Grace's websites when my computerlets me, I saw the first pic of Alana, and she was so little, and so cute.
    \
    Well Josh's kinder party went well, Jemma freaked when Santa arrived and as I was holding Jessica ended up picking another mum to hold her as she was so scared.

We then went to the shops, paid some laybys, brought some pressies, got home at 5pm and missed Josh's swimming lesson, (very clever of me to forget what day it was!).

Jessica was terrific, just fed and snoozed, Jemma was a brat, was walking around the shop with a doll stroller and a back pack (not hers, one from Target) and went crazy when I put her in the pram, I ended up I brought the backpack, but not the stroller, a;though it was only $7, but I didn't want to reward the behaviour, I hid the backpack till after.

I am surprised about the bath thing too Snowy, we didn't bath Jessica straight away but only as her temp was down, then it was bath away, we just had to make sure the stump was dry around the base of the cord. Oh well something different in Germany maybe!

Hope those teething bubs don't suffer too long, and also that their poor mum's don't suffer either.

Ouch for poor Alana, Lara. Hope the antibiotics give her the kick she needs to get rid of it.

Christy that over stimulation can be terrible, for all involved. It's hard to see them like that too, especially when you are so tired that you just need them to go to sleep. Sometimes we had to just walk away from Jemma and let her tantrum, and wait till she settled to go back, as everything we did made it worse. Luckily it doesn't happen all the time.

Oh well, I am going to call the Drs tomorrow as the results are in, and make an appointment for next week as things aren't much different. I hate being unwell I don't have time for it!

Goodnight all, Sorry those I missed, I am thinking of you all as xmas fast approaches, especially those who are having their first of many wonderful xmas', it's such an exciting time, if I only we had no worried about money! Hmmm! What a dream that is!

Michelle

Oh, I love the pictures of Alana and Grace. So cute! I really have to get around to updating my website... arrrgh...

kelstar78 Guest

Hi Everyone!

Forum Name: kelstar78
    State: SA
    Baby's DOB: 28th September 2004
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name: Olivia Grace
    Baby's website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/o/oliviagraceh/
    Health concerns: none
    Notes: 2 days early, syntocin induction followed by 4 hour labour with gas and Epidural that worked on one side only. Ventouse delivery.

I love looking at all the websites. There are some gorgeous baby names floating around!

Quick question... Olivia totally refuses a dummy and we have tried so many different brands, so are there benefits to dummies as bubs gets older or should I give up?

Hi Kellie

If she doesn't want it then I would just give up. Does she cry alot or anything?? Lachlan kept spitting his dummy out out 5mths old so we didnt bother giving it to him. He is now 8mths old and hasn't had it since. Kameron did try to give it to him the other week, but lachlan took it out and chucked it himself lol

Love

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast