Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month to 6 Months, December '04

I started Matilda on apples & pears at 4.5months... so that might help Hudson?? Her reflux was heaps better but then she started crawling & I think being on all fours has made her more refluxy? iykwim? :-k our GP did say that when she started crawling it would get worse for a little while so we were prepared for that... Good luck!

spiddles Guest

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! am so frustrated!! Dont know how much Liam has drank today but am guessing about 300mls plus some boob. His new game is to push the bottle away with his tounge and hands and sits there and smiles and talks and then the game begins again and after an hour is up desides is hungry so you make up more and drinks like 40 mls GRRRRRRRRR!!! Think I will just make up 50mls at a time and if he drinks it make more.

hey there I've been trying to post but hmm...I'll try again!

spiddles - I called the child health nurse for help on that one, and they advised me to keep the bottle in a cup of HOT water and try again 10 minutes later... and if after an hour I couldn't get much into Matilda than to give up and try again later at the next feed time...so I tried that and some days she wouldn't eat much, until the next phone call to them they advised to try different places/positions... and we discovered she would eat when she was strapped in the pram :smt102 ...so now she holds onto something like a cloth nappy or paper towel & eats in the pram. If we take her out or try to feed her elsewhere we get around 40mls into her and then she refuses...good luck!

Spiddles Alana has also started to push the bottle out with her tongue. When I go to put the bottle back in she starts to smile and giggle a little. Luckly this game only last about a minute. I think she suddenly remembers that she's hungry!!LOl! Good Luck. Maybe try what Christy said.

Anyway, I try not to winge to much about FIL, but I have to get this of my chest. As you all know with Alana she takes enzymes before her feeds to help digest her food. The enzymes will only work for 1/2 hour.( He knows this as we had just discussed it about 20 min before). She hates it and always screams through it. So either I have to get Alana to drink her milk in 1/2 hour or I have to feed her more enzymes to finish her milk. Well, we get Alana to finish her milk in 1/2 hour (actually it usually only takes about 20 min). So FIL and MIL were just around and I am feeding Alana. FIL decides that it would be funny to talk and pull faces at Alana while I am feeding her. It started to distract her from feeding so I said to him please stop doing that as its distracting her. He looked at me, smiled and continued to do it. So I asked him again to please stop doing it. I could not believe that he smiled , laughed this time and then continued again! So I slammed down her bottle, picked her up and feed her in a different room. As I stormed out he says sorry. ArgHHHHHH!!! IDIOT!!! So of course I could not get her to finish the bottle in 1/2 hour! @#$%&$ IDIOT!!

GGGRRRR!!! I hate it when people assume they know what to do with your baby!! Yuck!! As if it isn't stressful enough learning how to do all the different things for Alana... Big Hugs!

I had a similar story...yesterday our neighbour was holding Matilda & eating a bulla ice cream & just hands it over for MAtilda to suck on!!! She's not even 6 months yet!! So I said... I haven't tried giving Matilda anything like that yet, in fact as her belly is so sensitive with reflux I'm trialling solid foods very very slowly. So she smiles and puts it BACK in Matilda's mouth!!! I walked over and took Matilda off her and said "I'll let you finish your ice cream & then hand her back" :evil:

Well Asha will be 6 months on Saturday so I am moving on. I dont post much really ... I dont have much to contribute I guess ... everyone else seems to do a great job of that. I do read all of the posts and think that you all seem to have such clever babies ... 4 month olds being able to almost sit up and thinking about crawling ... after 3 kids I still find it fascinating that kids can be so different! See teacher's don't know everything. I will be returning to work next year ... so on top of a 7 month old, one in Year 5 (9 yrs old) and another in Year 1 (6 yrs old) ... I will have 20 or so students to prepare work for and worry about ... I really don't know how much time I will get to post in any forum ... I guess it is time to move on.

Thank you all for the entertaining stories about your little ones ... it is nice to read that I am not the only one who goes through the ups and downs. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a safe happy and healthy 2005. May your family be surrounded only by the good things and if trouble should befall you, may God help you through the rough times and bring you out happy and better for the experience!

Cheers

Pietta Guest

Oh will be sorry to see you leave this forum Kelly!!
    Good luck with returning to f/t teaching- or are you only doing p/t? My firend is doing .4 with a bub and finds it hard.

Alana and Christy I was reading your stories thinking, why on earth would anyone do that??

Ryley had a terrible time tonight. I went out shopping by myself (only food shopping nothing fun) and left Ryley with DH. Well DH rings and says he has tried everything and Ryley wont settle. the gorgeous thing said dont rush just give me some guidance and i will try it. It is good to see he isnt giving up on being a Dad coz it is pretty hard.

Anyway I am off- Spiddles i have no help with regard to feeding sorry- I only feed Ryley when he cries for food- we dont have a routine. Works well for him. :smt102

Only part time Pee but it is 3 days a week!!! I find it hard to get everything done as what I was doing ove r the course of the week I now try to get done in 2 days!

Cheers

spiddles Guest

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! at others feeding your babies!!!! What if they are allergic!!! They should at lleast ask first!! I can understand how annoyed you must have been Lara. Peopele just dont think sometimes.

I was really naughty this morning. Was sitting on the floor infronmt of Liam in his bouncer eating vanilla yogurt for brekkie and he was just staring at me smacking his lips so I put the tiniest bit imaginable on a spoon and put it near him and opened his mouth and took it. Then he wanted more so I got one of his plastic spoons and pretended to feed him *lol* he thought it was a great game. At least he will know what to do in a few months when can have food.

Well Liam ended up having another 100 mls after his nap and then another 30 before bed. So it made me feel a bit better. Thanks for the advise Christy. I did give him a cloth nappy to play with so I dont know if that made a difference or not. Think I will try and breastfeed a few feeds more if possible (even though am going back to work and boobs will get full) just so I dont worry about as much about his eating and then just worry about wet nappied.

3 weeks til I go back to work.....I really dont want to but we are going to be so broke if I dont!!! I am gonna miss my little guy sooooo much!!

I dont know how DH is gonna cope looking after him on wednesdays alone...I bet I get phone calls at work like your DH did to you Pee asking me what to do

Hi everyone, I hope that you are all well and your bubbas are happy.
    We just got back from the ECHN. It was an uneventful visit. He's put on a bit of weight since last week and he's grown 6.5cms since he was born so its all good.
    He hasn't been sleeping well for the last day or two. I put him down to sleep and he just lies there staring at nothing. He doesn't seem distressed and he doesn't sook but niether will he go to sleep. All the usual tricks that used to work seem to have no effect. :smt102
    Dh has been busy putting the dryer on the wall and just figured out that he has marked it up all wrong so he has taken out his frustration by kicking the clean washing everywhere. :roll: :-s
    Marcia, I sooo get where you're coming from with your DH. I have some similar problems. Mine takes advice from everyone who offers it and then comes home asking why don't we do this that and the other, which would be ok if half the advice wasn't so whack! He really loves being a hands on Dad and I wouldn't want to do anythinmg to discourage him but at the same time I wish that he would be a bit more sane about it.
    Lara, grrrrr at your FIL. You did really well not to throw a total hissy fit at him. My MIL is similar to your FIL and Christy's nieghbour in that she just ignores what parents say and does what she wants. She gives my 2yo cousin coke despite his mother making it quite clear that she doesn't want him drinking it. Thats why I don't want her to babysit ever. I thought DH might be difficult about it but he seems to agree.
    Christy and Kelly, I hope that you enjoy your time in the next forum and drop in to offer your expertise in here.
    Spiddles, I can't offer any advice about feeding.
    Snowy, I hate those sooky times but I try and remind myself that it can't go on for ever (even though it sometimes seems like it can). Its fuuny how quickly they can go to sleep once its over isn't it. I find that sometimes if I get DH to take over for a few minutes the change over works a treat. I think that after a while of crying the tension builds up a bit so swapping with a less stressed person helps him to relax.
    re- the sterilising I do his dummies but not my boobs . I doubt that I will bother to do more than wash them in hot water once he starts putting stuff from the floor in his mouth but while he's still little I don't want to take any chances.
    I really have to get off the computer and do something about my house. It looks like a pigstye!! Yasin has gone to sleep so I should take advantage of it. Sorry to everyone I missed.

spiddles Guest

I just made my first movie *lol* (well if you can call it that!!) Liam was chating away on the bed after his feed so took the digital camera and recorded it!!! Only goes for about 20 seconds and added a title and put Merry Christmas in credits!! It looks rather cute and less than a mb so might send it to friends and family for christmas.

Marcia Guest

Spiddles - That is a good idea to send it to rellies for xmas! We just got a digital camera, but I forgot we could do little movies on it. Might take one and send to Hudsons uncle who won't be here for xmas this year.

dachlostar -IKWYM. I don't want to discourage DH either as he loves being a hands on dad too, but the fact is that I have a better idea of what works best for Hudson purely because I spend 24/7 with him, and have been through the trial and error to work it out. But I can't really say that without sounding like a know it all lol. I just want to save us the tears and tantrums that happen when Hudson gets all confused, but it seems like DH wants to figure it out the hard way.

Lara - I can understand why you were angry at your FIL. I get frustrated when people distract Hudson from his feed and we don't even have to get it all down in 30 minutes! It's especially rude once you had already asked him to stop once too.

christy - That would have made me furious about the icecream. Surely people would have the decency to ask if they can give a baby food, and especially things like icecream!

AARGH! Gotta go, Hudson has woken up screaming! Will come back later and finish posting.

spiddles Guest

That's what I thought Marcia...I mean a photo is nice but a movie would be even nicer since I wouldn't be seeing some rellies for Chrissy....What I did was took the movie with the digital camera, uploaded ito computer. If you have XP there is a Windows Movie Maker in accessories. Open it in that and edit it and add things. It also has a function to compress it and save as email format. Original was 8 mb and got down to less than 1!! Hope that helps if you plan to do one yourself!!

Oh, so many posts!

Dachlostar, you made me laugh, though I can imagine you must have been quite mad at DH kicking the clean laundry around in frustration...

Lara - it's frustrating when people won't listen to what you say, isn't it. People can be very selfish I find. Monkey also sometimes does that and it makes me very angry (like blowing on bubs when he's supposed to sleep or holding him when bubs is happy and I really want him to learn to be on his own for a while etc.) I don't think they mean to do harm, they just don't think past their own desire to play with the baby.

How old is that neighbour? Does she have kids? Maybe she just had no idea? I remember I once let a 5 months old of a friend grab my water glass and so offered him a sip and my friend told me off. I just wasn't aware that bubs wasn't allowed non-sterilised water.

People, I have a bit of a dilemma and need some advice: I was going to drive to my parents' place for Chrissy and new years and my brother was coming with his family from Japan as well. His little daughter (3 months) has bronchitis for a week now and I heard via my mom today that the whole family is now sick. I am wondering if it's so wise to expose Wolf at this age to bronchitis?! I am tempted not to go for fear of giving my little baby bronchitis. Am I being paranoid? What would you do? I haven't seen my brother in 10 months, so of course I'd love to see him and my nephew, SIL and their new baby but am wondering how much a risk it would be for Wolf?!? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Snowy

Hi girls, I hope you're all well.
    Our dryer is finally on the wall not the floor so we have an extra bit of space in our laundry and access to the cuboard under the sink. yay!! I'm still a bit scared that the wall isn't strong enough to hold it so I throw the laundry in from a distance and then turn it on at arms length so that it can't fall on me.
    At the moment I'm in stress city. AF arrived yesterday and then vanished again. Usually I get a sore back before she arrives and some cramping but there was no sign of either this time. We BD'd a couple of times without any contraception #-o so I'm a bit worried that it may be an implantation bleed. I geuss that the smartest thing to do would be to go and buy a pg test but I'm kind of hoping that my cycles just a bit wonky and that AF will arrive properly tomorrow. I wanted another baby one day but not now..... please not now... [-o<

Snowy, I don't know if bronchitis is communicable but if it is I would tend to be very careful. One of my friends babies had bronchitis this winter when he was only 5 weeks old and he had to go hospital for a while and his breathing was really rattlely and laboured for over a month afterwards so he didn't sleep well. As you can imagine the poor woman went through hell. If you decide to go maybe you could ask that they don't hold Wolf and be really strict about everyone who does hold him washing thier hands before and stuff.

Its really time I got a digital camera. The problem is that I'm so attached to my old camera. Its 10 years old now but its never had a problem and works like new so I hate to retire it.

Pietta Guest

YAY!! After a while of rolling onto his side then pushing himself over- so almost rolling- Ryley finally did it in one fluid motion today!! I am so proud of my little boy but- uh-oh no more leaving him on the bed!!!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

WTG Riley!!!!! =D>

Snowy - IMO I dont think you are being paranoid at all to not want to take little Wolf into a house full of sick people...
    I myself have turned guests away from visiting when I knew that they were sick...
    I hope you are able to work something out so that all parties are happy...

Pietta Guest

Snowy I probably would be a bit worried too... but saying that I am paranoid as well...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast