Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, April '05

Glad to hear you got Nicks tantrums under control Naomi.
    I have been sending Kimberley to her room when she sreams to much and she goes okay.

Kimberley has never been to the Child and Youth health. I should really get her checked out. I think we have one not far from us.

That is great about Nick, Naomi. If Kam has an tantrum or whatever he is sent straight to his room and that sorts him out. The Super Nanny has some good ideas doesn't she. Unfortunately it clashes with Myth Busters for us now, and we would rather watch Myth Busters.

Love

Hi everyone,

Kathryn our holidays are just finished and my kids went back to school today, and i was cheering. When school is on we have structure, holidays mean the routine goes out the window.

Jemma has been pretty sooky today, she is tired from a big weekend and missed a sleep again this arvo so she will prob get worse.

I haven't seen the super nanny yet. But I'm glad some things she said are helping with Nick, Naomi, whatever works is good.

See ya Michelle

Riannas tanrums are shocking at the moment, but DH and I deal with them ok, we ignore, reprimand, and give time out, BUT its the older girls that don't they let her have her own way all the time, we keep trying to make them see that she need to learn, nut then you turn around and they are giving in again!!!

I must say it looks hilarious, this tiny little 10 kg girl,( still wearing 0's and 1's) pushing these two big girls, ( tall and solid) prob about 25 kg, and 125cm tall wearing size 7-8 and winning ( I don't let any of them see me smile though) she yells at them and physically shoves them out of her way!!! I dunno how she's going to go with the baby

The tantrum age is the hardest I reckon, and I hope you get through to your treasures Vanita about the reactions to Rhianna, as they are making it worse. I had no problems with Jemma and a new baby though and she was 18mths when Jessica was born. You prob won't either, you guys know how to give attention to more than one child at a time so as long as Rhianna doesn't feel totally out of the loop you shouldn't hve big probs.

Jemma does the crying/yelling thing where you don't have a clue what they want, and it is so annoying.

CHeers Michelle

I haven't been able to post since telling you all I woudl be joining you, so I thought it was about time I introduced myself.

I am Clare I am married to Trent and we have our wonderful daughter Shayla.

Shayla turned 1 last week and has been walking since she was about 9/9 1/2 months old. There are a few words that she says, Mum, Dad, Nan, Duck, Dog and what's that. She claps and waves good bye. She is also almost blowing kisses. Shayla also takes swimming lessons every Tuesday night and loves them.

Shayla will be starting Child Care 1 day a week this Thursday so that will be interesting for all involved. Shayla loves playing with other children, so there shouldn't be any hassels.

Hopefully I will now have more time to post to you all and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Clare

Welcome Again Clare and SHayla,

Shayla sounds like she is a very clever girl, can't wait to hear more.

We have been at my Mum's today (Tues is ebay/scrapbooking shop day) and she was really cranky cos the dog jump[s all over the kids and it is their fault.
    Oh well better go and do tea bf someone starves to death
    Cheers Michelle

HI, me again

Just popping in to see how everyone is and nobody is around. We are going to collect the photos I had taken of the girls tomorrow and I am very excited about it, even though I know it is going to cost me an arm and a leg. But what can you do?

Hope you are all well
    Michelle

Hi Michelle

Professional pics are expensive, aren't they. My Dh is a bit of a sucker when it comes to photos... he'll be the one who buys the whole package because he can't bear to leave any behind #-o

Hi Everyone

We have been pretty busy this week being school holidays. I have been taking Kameron to go visit his playgroup friends so he has someone his own age to keep playing with. I found after the xmas break where we sat home for 6wks he was really shy the first day back to playgroup again. so if he sees his friends then he wont go back into a shell iykwim.

Having a bit of a dilemma with him off a night atm as well. He is refusing to let Andrew change him into his pyjamas. If Andrew does it all hell breaks loose and he does blood curdling screams etc and screams for me. No problem at all when I do it. So I have no idea what is going on there. Feel sorry for Andrew I think he was a bit upset by it all last night.

Love

Comfort Andrew with the fact that it really is just a phase, Chris was hurt when the tiwns first did it, but a few weeks later they didn't want mum, and it had to be dad!!!!!So its just a "thing" they do,and its really not personal. It doesn't bother him at all when Rianna does it. He just keeps going, wether she screams or not ( as they are just testing their "power" to see whos boss)

Hope Kameron lets Andrew get him ready for bed again soon it is just a phase he is going through.

For a few months now Kimberley will not go to bed for me i don't mind as i get to watch telly

Yeah I told Andrew just to keep going the other night when he was screaming but he has a bit of a short fuse for that sort of thing Luckily it is the only time all hell breaks loose around here at the moment.

He has had fun going to play with playgroup friends this week at their houses, and got his first kiss on the lips by one of the young girls hehehehe too cute. Usually he would turn his head if someone goes to kiss him, without asking for a kiss first.

Love

Hi everyone,

Mum 2 boys, wow at your Ds being 13kg, i got Nick weighed while we were at the dr's yesterday and he is 10.2kg, i've always worried about him being so skinny but the dr said because he's got so much energy, he just burns off what he eats basically as soon as he's eaten it and he will just gain little amounts at a time, i wish he was a little bigger though.

Kathryn, it's great that Kam is getting to spend some of the holidays with his kindy friends, how sweet about his first kiss.
    Nick is the same with Jay getting him dressed ect at the moment, but he does the same if i try and put him to bed on a night, it has to be dad ](*,) You just can't win.

Michelle, i hope you and Kimberly are well

Ok so i well and truley jinxed myself the other day when i said we had Nicks tantrums under control, last night he threw a wobbly when we put him to bed, the screaming he was doing i'm supprised the neighbours didn't call the police, it was rediculous.
    He usually goes to bed between 7 and 8 but last night he screamed until 10.20 ](*,)
    Jay gave him a shower at 9.30 with that Johnsons lavender baby bath and i put him to bed and he was asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow, i thought as they got older it got easier, deffinatley not at the moment!

Take care

Rianna only weighs just over 10 kg too, we call her little flea. Had to go to the paediatrician for "failure to thrive" but he said the sam ething,fast metabolic rate, and on the go constantly!!!
    I reckon it gets harder as they get older, it becomes problems you cant fix!! like some kid doesnt like them etc UGH!!!

HI girls

Naomi- maybe it will be 1 step forward 2 steps back for awhile, but persevere, what you're doing is right, after all it works for the nanny! LOL

As long as we have healthy bubs then being skinny or not weighing much is ok.
    Jillian- bummer about the climbing out of the cot, that's when we got Jemma her bed and that was 19mths. it was fine with the guard rail, but the prob was when she figured out how to open the door, cos now she comes out whenever she wants to.

Kathryn- sounds like your little man is very much a ladies man, kissing girls so soon. I bet his Dad was rapt, but Mummies don't want their little boys kissing girls!lol And it is hard to listen to the screaming but Andrew really does need to persevere as our clever kiddies soon work out how to run the show, that's for sure.

Went visiting today and had a lovely afternoon, Jemma is very tired and Jessica isn't far off bed. Footy will be on soon and Arron will be watching it, I guess I may poke my nose in although I really don't care much.

See ya
    Michelle

LOL @ Kameron having his first big kiss.
    How is Lachlan doing ??

Naomi - We are both doing fine. We have been getitng the odd tantrum also and i findit hard to deal with because my hormones get the better of me and i snap quicker than i would normally.
    I think Kimberley only weighs 12kg going to try and weigh her today.

Still a little worried on how she will be when the new baby is here we only have 4 weeks Tuesday to go now. She was playing with her dolls last night and putting the legs up and cleaning the bum as if she was changing a nappy.
    She could be the best big sister ever but then again she can also be the worst. It's the not knowing that is hard at the moment.

Michelle i know how you feel in regaurds to how the older child will be with the baby, when i was pregnant, every time someone mentioned the baby, Nick would punch or headbutt my stomach so i was very concerned that he would het jelous and hurt the baby, but since the day Ryan was born, Nick has been great i was so shocked because i was expecting the total opposite!
    He is always wanting to play with him and give him cuddles and kisses and has never hurt him except the other day when Ryan was asleep on the couch and Nick wanted to give him a cuddle so he picked him up and realised Ryan was too heavy and put him on the floor :shock: , he didnt drop him and i think he scared him more than hurt him, but i will be more careful not to go into the kitchen and leave them alone together from now on.
    I think Kimberley will make a great big sis and she may just suprise you with how affectionate and gentle she is with him/her.
    Sorry for the epic post.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast