Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, August 05

Trish - I don`t mind the boys coming but when they turn feral and Mark is roaring at them, it gets under my skin. Mark is in the dog box with the x at the moment, Michael didn`t tell us that his assignment had to go in today and was a major assignment, we found out at 9pm last night that he hasn`t finished it and can`t because he lost some photos, so Mark is now in the dog box because Michael hasn`t finished it, wish we knew on Saturday

Deb - I 2nd that Gabby's photos look great... she looks so cute in her big cot. She also looks so happy, great to see. Your secret is safe with me also.

Tanya - ggrr at Wato! Did you go get the photos done?

Trish - Matty is a bit better today. Wish I knew if it really is teething, I can't feel anything more than the one he has. Hope you had fun with your visitors.

Dee - ggrr at Mark's ex! How are you guys meant to know about the assignment - silly woman. Glad the pizza hut party went well.

Matty has now tasted potato! He did screw his face up when I gave it to him. But he did eat it all, so that's good. He has had good sleeps since that bad night. He is such a cutie pie, DH and I still can't believe that we made him.

Debbie Lee Guest

Hehehe... we say the same thing, Nell. How did we manage to make something so darn cute??
    Good to hear that Matty has been sleeping well again. MMmmm potato! I can't wait to start feeding Gabby that sort of stuff. Not long to go now!

OK lets see how far I get with this try.

Deb, I love Gab's portrait pics too. You should be very pleased with them, they turned out great.

Nell, lol @ Matty screwing up his face. Yeah funny to think that a bit of bedroom action can make a beautiful baby hey

Dee, I have the opposite problem over hear with the homework. The boy's stepmum is a homework natzi(sp?) If they don't take homework or an assignment over there she has a fit. If the kids don't tell yuou about the homework how are you supposed to make sure it's finished on time??? Logic lady, logic (not you, the other one )

Tanya, if Joel is was to get a girl pg at the age of 18 I'll be a grandmother at the age of 35!!!! Please let him know how to keep it in his pants [-o<

My gf stayed over for a few hours. Of course I didn't get Noah asleep soon enough so he got back up and stayed awake for the afternoon too. Tehya so very nicely decided today that she would have all of maybe 1 hours sleep since 8am. She has been a crappy bum as you can imagine. Everytime I get her off she wakes within 10 minutes. Finally have her down now - she's been down for around 30 minutes so far. Let's see how long she lasts for.

Tresillian called me back today. I've decided to go in for the residential stay instead of the day stay program. They had a cancellation so we're in on Sept 1st - Thursday til the following Tuesday. Didn't think I'd be in over the weekend Still if that's what we need. It's going to cost me $180 and it includes my food - apparently the food is pretty crap though. Mark can stay over too if he wants for $18 a night. Cheaper than any motel

What will I do without my BB for 5 days !!!

BTW I've updated both Tehya and Noah's pages if you want to have a squizz. Just click on her name

Take care
    Trish

I don't know where to start! We had the termites sprayed, so no BB for me over the weekend & now I'm just too tired from work (& a non sleeping baby!) to post too much.

So I just want to say, glad to hear everyone is going well (at least that's what I gather!). And happy 6 months to Emily, there's only 6 weeks til Zander is there 8-[

I also wanted to let you know that Zander is going to be a beach bum LOL! We took him to the beach for the first time yesterday afternoon & he loved it We stood him up in the sand & also laid him on his tummy (clothes on) so he could play with it in his hands. He thought the seagulls were pretty exciting too.

Sorry for no personals, I'm off to bed to get rid of this cold & hopefully for a good night sleep

Wow! So much to catch up on again here. Does anyone else here go on phases of being able to find time to read the posts and reply, then luck if you can just get time to read them?? I always feel so slack!
    Well for memory since the last time I posted Jacob has had his 4 month needles and was totally fine - not even one tear this time, just smiled like a cheshire cat at the doctor and nurse. We have our 4 month "check up " tomorrow so I'll have an update on that tomorrow hopefully 8-[ Jacob started having some solids "to experience" last Friday and he loved it!! I never knew a bub could get so excited about rice cereal YUCK!!!
    Well I'm going to have a quick cruise around the rest of BB before jumping into bed.
    Nighty night!

Yup I know what you mean about finding the time to post Nat, as you can tell from my very self centred post last night!

Gabbys photos are gorgeous Deb, I had a look last night - I looove the one with the pig (? I can't remember).

Yay at getting a date with Tresillian Trish, at least you dont have to wait for too long. Noah is such a cutie too, he looks much older than 3 though!

We're the same too Nell, saying how on earth did we make such a cute little person! LOL at Matty screwing up his face at potato!

What a pain that Mark is in the dog box Dee, like Trish said, if Michael didn't tell you how are you supposed to make sure it's done...

D'OH about the library being closed on Mondays Deb, but as you say its a good excuse for a walk anyway. It is funny how people talk more to us now, it is like some sort of secret society!

Hey Tanya, my aunt had her first baby at 17 & he had his at 16, so she was a grandmother at 33 :shock: Wow at that drive the other night, you weren't speeding were you

Well that's as far back as I can read, so please forgive me for missing stuff. Its going to be worse soon too - I start working Friday & Saturday from the end of the month.

Zander is going well. His sleep is getting much better, last night he was in bed at 8.30ish and he got up at 7.45 - all we need to do now is stop the whingy stuff up until midnight & we'll be set.

Do you guys find that the baby's forget how to do things? Zander chatted for a little while & then nothing for over a month. Now over the weekend it seems as though he remembers how to talk & he's doing it non-stop! It's sooo cute

Debbie Lee Guest

Yep, Sarah! Gabby forgets things too. Like, she rolled from her tummy to her back and then nothing for nearly a month. She did it again, twice about a week ago and nothing since. Hmmmmm!!! Yay @ taking Zander to the beach! It sounds like he just loved it! We really need to take the Gabster to the beach (since she will probably be spending many summers there!) but it's either been way too cold or Neil has had better things to do. Great job on your excellent sleep last night! I hope your cold is getting better. Urrgh @ having to return to work on Fridays and Saturdays. I don't envy you there!

Trish - good to hear you got into Tresillian. Hopefully they will be able to help you guys out a little in the sleep department. If anything, you may get the rest you need?? That's great that Mark can come and spend the night too. As for the food being crappy, people say that about hospitals and planes but I love the food! LOL I am easy to please.

Nat - I don't think you're slack at all! I am surprised you get to log on at all with 5 kids to contend with!! I manage to get on a fair bit atm but that's just because Gabby has been sleeping well for now (I don't expect it to last!). Good to hear that Jacob is going well and enjoying his tucker! That was excellent that he coped so well with his injections. He sounds like one cruisey little man!

Well... I gave in and gave Gabby some Farex last night. I grabbed a packet of the 4-6mth stuff last week and I couldn't resist the urge to try it out. I made it with formula and she seemed to like it. She screwed up her face a little at first but was soon reaching out for the spoon. I can't say she was fussed one way or the other so I am only going to give it to her a few times a week for now. I just had to get the "first feed" out of my system, LOL.

Sarah, I think he looks older because he is pretty tall too. I think babies drop a skill - well they don't really drop it, it's just on the back burner, while they are learning new skills. Has Zander started to do anything new?? Tehya started rolling over around 4 months and has stopped. Now she like to blow big slobbery raspberries. Yummo. Yay on the fantastic sleep too.

Cute that Zander likes the beach. How was he with the sand?

Nat, good to hear that Jacob went well with his needles. IKWYM about trying to catch up with posts too. I ususally come on most days but run out of time to post so that happens whenever I get a chance.

Last night was a good one for us too. Well as good as it gets around here. Tehya didn't sleep all day yesterday and I finally got her down a bit after 9pm. She woke when I went to be (of course) but I got her back to sleep. Another wakeup at 2am for a feed and awake for a feed and play at 5.30am. Thankfully she went back to sleep around 6.15am til about 7.30 and is actually in bed now (shhh)

I am a bit nervous about going to Tresillian. Somebody has told me that they do controlled crying there and I know that I really cannot handle listening to my babies scream like that. I swear it really does my head in. I think Mark even realises now how hard it is going to be on me. Oh my poor baby, she won't know what's hit her.

Hope that everyone else is going well.

Take care
    Trish

He loved the sand Trish, kept grabbing at it & buried his feet. I'm putting some photos on his site in a little while. I have heard too that they do controlled crying at Tresillian too, I don't think I'd cope with that either.

Actually now that you mention it, Zander is now rolling from his back to his sie & also grabbing his feet, so I think you might be nto something there.

Yay on the solids Deb, I haven't bought any baby food for that exact reason, I'd give in to the temptation!

Deb, sorry posting at the same time. YAY on Gab's first feed on solids. Farex really does taste crappy so you know they have good taste when they don't like it

Apparently they give you the second night off at Tresillian so you can get some sleep. Hmm don't know how that will work when she wants bb. I don't like my chances of Mark coming and staying in there either. He says he's looking forward to the break. Must be the break from me because I know it's not him getting up in the night to Tehya.

I started Tehya on some veges because I didn't want her to get use to just sweet stuff. Yep, she loves them too. Piggy she is.

Take care
    Trish

Hey Ladies

Thought it was time that I caught up with you all again.

Deb - I love Gabby's pics, adorable, you must be really pleased. Yay on getting the first feed out of the way.

Trish - Good Luck with Tresillian.

Sarah - YAY for Zander sleeping, you must be rapt! Great that Zander loved the beach!

Nat - You do amazingly well looking after 5 kids to even have time on the computer. YAY at Jacob loving his food.

Cant remember much else!

We are in the final countdown to our holiday...so much to do, so little time. I am off shopping with my sister today, she wants to buy an AFL jacket for her man, I bought her one on Saturday at Kmarts sale, she was rapt.

Hayley is doing really well, is coping much better with food, and doesnt seem to throw up anywhere near as much, if at all. She was a brilliant baby all weekend, and is even being really good today too. We have her 4 month check up on Friday, dreading that with the witch, but I will just get her weighed and measured and thats all I have to do until 6 months I think.

I am hoping that I will be able to post a bit this week and then I will be away until next month.

Hope you are all doing well.

Just did Zander's site now

Debbie Lee Guest

Ooo I just saw that Tehya is 5 months! Yay As for the controlled crying bit, I am with you there, Trish. It's gonna be hard to hear her screaming. LOL @ Mark needing a break. From what? A full night's sleep??

Sarah - yep... I knew I would give in by having the Farex there. And, really, I only gave it to her for my own selfish reasons. That's why I am not going to give it to her every day. I want to see how her tummy handles it. So far, so good. Yay 4 Zander's new tricks! They are clever little pumpkins, hey?

Bugger it! It's raining and I wanted to go on a walk! Hopefully it will be better this afternoon. When Gab wakes up we are going to Target to layby some clothes for her (no deposit and 25% off). I am tipping that she will be in a size 0 for summer? Hard to tell. She still fits comfortably in 000.

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow! We are all posting at the same time..

Dinky - good to hear that Hayley is coping well with her food and was a breeze all weekend. Hopefully that is a prelude to your holiday! Sounds like you are going to have a blast! Have fun shopping!

Sarah - just checked out Zander's site. Gosh he is a cutey. He looks so much like you, I reckon. Love the beach piccies! Perhaps he will be a surfer that earns millions of $$ when he is older?? ;0)

Oh no at having to see that horrible witch again Dinky, at least it's les often now! That sounds great about Hayley & her food, good going bubba!

He is starting to look more like me isn't he Deb? He might be a surfie, you never know - my mum was a beach babe surfer chick when she was younger! Gabby is still in 000 huh? Zander is well & truly into 00 now & I think he'll be in 00 for summer as well.

We're off shopping as well now, getting some scrapbooking stuff - I am obssessed!

So much to catch up on this morning and I`m sure I`m not going to remember it all

Trish - I`m with you with the controlled crying it would do my head in too. LOL at Mark looking forward to the break. YAy for Tehya liking vegies. Happy 5 months to Tehya.

Sarah - Sounds like Zander is going to be a real beach bum, Dad has always told me when I first felt the sand I screamed the place down LOL. Glad zander enjoyed playing with the sand. Zander had a great sleep.

Dinky - enjoy your holiday, where are you going? Thats great that Hayley is doing well with her solids and not throwing up as much as she was. Good luck with the needles, I`m dreading them next time and hope they don`t have the affect they had on Matthew last time.

Deb - oh no at finding the library is closed on Mondays. I`m with you I think if I brought some rice cereal the temptation would be too much abnd I`d have to get the first feed over and done with. MIL is already hinting that Matthew should be eating solids by now but she`s been hinting for a good month. It`s like how she doesn`t like demand feeding, I`m sure she thinks I`m force feeding Matthew, she forgets that things change and it`s been 37 years since she had her last baby - Mark.

Matthew had another good night, he slept a bit longer 11.5 hrs think he wore himself out after having a bath with Daddy and he`s asleep again now.

Now of to check Zander`s photos.

Take Care

Deeanne

Sarah - I agree with Deb Zander is looking more like you, looks like he really enjoyed himself at the beach, he`s getting so chubby, he`s lovely

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast