Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months to 12 Months, February '05

mmm Kellee all I can say is Matilda is 7 1/2 months and she just started talking this month. Some of the babies here have had words before then and some have taken a little longer, so I think Matilda's been pretty "normal" in her speech milestone...not entirely sure though I'm just going on BellyBelly babies

Hi Kellee and welcome!! :wave:
    Sounds like little Charlie certainly is keeping you busy! Wow, crawling already, he is not quite 6 months yet is he?? That is amazing!! =D>

Wow Mel! Adara sounds adorable... all that mischief she is getting into, how CUTE!! Sounds like her speaking skills are really taking off too, what a little smarty! You must be so proud

Christy - I can't wait to see your hair, I bet it looks great!! [email protected] Matilda not recognising you!
    Awww that is soo sweet that Matilda called you mumumum!!

Kat - How cool is that, lachie saying nan-nan!! And up on all fours too, what a big boy!

Well... what has been happening here... Aidyn is soooo close to crawling! I think he is going to skip commando all together... He can crawl about 3 steps while up on all fours.. does that count? He certainly can cover a fair bit of distance though, even without being able to crawl properly!
    We had a fantastic day with solids today. Gave him weetbix with cows milk for the first time ever, and he ate about half of a whole Weetbix! Then he had yoghurt for lunch, then later on some fruit and rice cereal, and then some chicken risotto for dinner, oh and some grapes and banana during the day as well. So he has only had about 2 bottles today, and will have another one very soon when I go to bed.
    We had a few good nights with his sleeping... but its gone downhill again... the past few mornings he has been waking up at 3am/4am again... and I just dont know why! The only thing that ever gets him back to sleep is a bottle, but I really, really dont think he should be needing/wanting one? :smt102

katanya Guest

wow so much has happened in 24 hours all these clever babies!!

Mel when I read what you said about adara sleeping, that is exactly Felix, and I think it's times like that and worse I think hmm, bottle feeding would be easier! It's the middle of the night wakes when I would ahve to get up and get a bottle that I like my BB's That is AMAZING about her sleeping, it gives me hope that Felix will one day be like that, perhaps when his calories match his usage IYKWIM?
    The things Adara is doing are amazing, and you are right about the talking, she seems to have skipped the babble and gone straight to the real stuff! LOL @ the blue mouth, hope her sister wasn't too upset!

Kathryn :WOOHOO for Lachlan!! That is cute, about the NanNan, I take it his Nanna is very happy! (is that what he means?) and although it's abit scary with the pulling up, it's got to happen doesn't it? Your littliest boy is growing up fast!

Christy: your hair sounds beautiful!! LOL @ Matilda for not recognising her mummy! Bet it felt amazing been pampered, and eyebrows too woohoo!!(mine need tending too )

Kellee: WELCOME!! :smt039 was reading your info, crawling and sitting up already?? wow he's advanced for 6 mths? especially for a boy! The solids..ahh..the stories I could tell about Felix and food *sigh* all I can say is stick him in front of other babies eating, or give him finger food, because Felix enjoys both of those things, but put us alone in the kitchen and I get a closed mouth! LOVE the name BTW such a cute old fashioned name Charlie! gorgeous!

Ambah WOOHOO for Aidyn, sounds to me like he is crawling!!! Clever boy skipping commando, I wish Felix would learn, he seems very happy pulling himself along and has no desire to get up on all fours, except to stand! Thing with Aidyn is because he's so relaxed he's probably able but just got to be motivated to get to something. To test Felix, I put the TV remote across the room, and that will get him every time! Alos fabulous about the weetbix, we've tried that but with water, and unfortunately it's not happening ...no idea about the wake-ups, the only thing I would suggest is giving him water, as I heard The MCHN saying to someone who's baby was waking..but I think you've tried that haven't you?

Well Felix had nearly 4.5 hours of naps yesterday and went to sleep at our friends house, after much patting from DP and I on pillows on their floor in bedroom, I hated waking up up to come home, once home it took quite awhile to get him back to sleep.

Oh and his tooth that has been threatening all week has come through! now has 4 teeth!!

WOW so much!! Ambah, Mr Aidyn is definately crawling now! YAY! =D> and a proper crawl too! Matilda can do the proper crawl, she's just quicker doing commando so she prefers it

Matilda the last two nights hasn't been waking up between 3-4 like she was before... but unfortunately that means she wakes up at 5.15am and has a bottle and then thinks she's up for the day. However she has just slept from 7-8pm to 5am... so I guess I shouldn't complain too much! She woke up once last night at 11pm and DH put the dummy in her mouth & went to get something and came back & she was asleep :-s Why does that always happen when I'm not around :-k

Thats great that you got Felix to sleep at your friends house! Its really hard sometimes, but we take Matilda out two nights a week and she's had to learn that she has to go to sleep elsewhere... We settled her a few times in the port-a-cot first at home in her room & then in another room when she was really little like 14 weeks... and just took that with us everywhere, now that she's more aware that she might possibly be missing out on something its a bit harder, just takes more persistence and time. I always warn friends that we would love to come over but I will have to duck out for 30 minutes to settle Matilda when she needs it. And most are fine with that, (although I hate missing out on things too )

WOW on all the teeth happening!! I want Matilda to have at least one tooth!

Sorry I didn't give you an official welcome Kellee!! Welcome :smt039

mama mel Guest

I started thinking that it was getting quiet in here... Then I saw the state of my house and I realised I'm just lazier and more addicted to BB LOL!

Welcome Kellee!

YAY for the crawling Aidyn!!! =D> Everyone told me that when Adara was doing that at 5.5mths she was crawling but I didn't count it in her baby book until she really took off at 7.5mths... Looking back now, I think it is crawling and she just didn't have the energy to keep going when she was losing all that weight at the time. I'm pretty sure he'll be all over your house in the next few days, as I've seen it with all the babies in my mums group.
    Wow he's such a great eater, that's fantastic! Do you think he's going through a growth spurt ATM? Might explain the extra food and wanting night feeds again.. :smt102 Just a thought.

Katanya, IKWYM about bfing being so much easier at night, that was one thing that really worried me too. I think Adara and Felix are a bit different there though, as Adara only ever woke when she was losing weight and constantly hungry, so it stopped. Felix might still wake up, as you don't have a supply problem and getting a bottle would be a pain in the middle of the night! I used to fall asleep with her on there all the time, they're a great soother and line of defence LOL!
    Can't believe he slept so much during the day, maybe he was trying to catch up from the last few days! Shame you weren't at home that night, maybe if you didn't have to wake him he would've slept straight through the night..?
    Yay for the new toothy-peg!

ARGH at the 5am start to the day Christy!!! Atleast she's sleeping through though. I think babies are SOO CUTE without teeth! I didn't want Adara's to come through at all LOL!

Adara's been singing all the time lately (I usually sing as I do stuff around the house). Just lots of whoa-whoa's and bubba-talk, it's soo gorgeous!

Sorry girls. I haven't really be keeping up with stuff in here as we've had some stuff going on at home, will promise to keep up a bit more this coming week (I hope)

Lachlan was 10mths old yesterday

Love

Hi girls!

Well we had another 4am wake up this morning, and again, he downed 3/4 of a bottle... but then slept in until 8.30am, woohoo!! (and only woke up because the phone rang)
    Katanya - I have been offering him water when he wakes up, but he will only have a couple of sips and then keeps on crying...
    We went to Indooroopilly shops for a coffee this morning, and I bought a top and shorts set for Aidyn @ Kmart for a bargain $3.20!! So if you are looking for some el-cheapo buys girls, check it out while they are still having this clearance sale!

At bathtime lately, Aidyn has been getting overzealous and empties out 3/4 of his bath onto the floor with all of his splashing (he just loooves it). And as we dont have a bath in our bathroom (he is using a large baby bath) I figure it is just going to get worse and worse with the water going everywhere... so today we bought him a paddle pool!! It was only $8.00 from Kmart!! And we can fit Jackson, Aidyn and myself all sitting in it! (with not much room to spare though LOL) but anyway, Aidyn absolutely loves it, so it was a fantastic buy. Perfect for this heat too, and saves me having to mop up a mess in the bathroom every day
    ...and one more thing which I am still O.M.G about. I put him in his cot tonight and fed him some bottle, then left the room, checked back in 2 mins, and he had fallen straight to sleep!! YAY!! \/ That has NEVER happened before!! (Maybe it was from all of the excitement in his pool today?)

Anyway, no time for personals... I am sooo tired... time for bed!

on Lachlan growing up too quickly!! (stops time for another year or two) =;

Well...Miss Moo woke up again at 5am and is still awake atm...laughing & playing...I woke up and couldn't get out of bed again, my body is just physically wrecked...the spirit is willing...blah blah blah... I'm beginning to think if I have another week of feeling this way I definately need to go to the Dr because I should have a little bit more energy than this. I mean DH has been getting up at nights now for a week to help me gt a full 8hours but its not doing the job :-k ...

Off to work we go this morning, I hope you all go well & I'll be back this arvo!

katanya Guest

Hi everyone! we had a good weekend but more on that later!

Mel I am not sure he would sleep through, he tends to be worse if he hasn't sleept his usual amount, I have given up thinking he'll sleep through, and to be honest I haven't been working on it, I am okay with the night feeds because he needs as much as possible..so I figure we get the weight sorted out and the rest will follow like Adara!

Ambah: I went back and got another t-shirt for Felix, a Ford racing one, only $4, not my taste but DP was very impressed! I was going to get some more shorts for Felix but in size 1 & 2. Love the sound of Aidyn and the paddle pool, great idea! We shower all together too as we have a double shower, it's great fun. Ambah I don't believe you about the never falling asleep on his own he did it at the picnic!

Christy, I think you should go to the doctor, if you have been trying to get rest and now feel the same? although sometimes I find if you stop doing something full-on it's then that you feel worse, a week should have made a difference though but maybe you are low in iron?

Well...We went looking at houses on the weekend!! Saw one on the net for $230k on Mt Tambourine which is the sort of thing we want, and we were already going up there to have sfternoon tea, unfortunately, it is in REALLY bad condition, which would be okay for us not for a baby about to walk or looking after Adala. So abit disappointing, then started looking around up there and found 2 more for $260k and $239k one 2 beds and other 3 which is absolutely gorgeous with a creek out the back! It has made us look into the whole expenditure on one wage..unfortunately it don't look do-able on our incomes ATM, and since we want another baby, it's abit depressing! We have been trying to work out DP can work more (I suggested I get more work but he doesn't want Felix in child care this early) and still keep current work, he can't work more at current job as it would be illegal..anyhow..we're looking into it! Any ideasw ould be greatfully appreciated! Unfortunately this part was meant to come before Felix, but he didn't it that way

mama mel Guest

I can't believe how quickly they're growing up! Has anyone got any ideas for 1st birthday parties? Everything I thought of now seems like it would be a little too grown up for the bubbas...

Ambah - I re-read my post from last night b/c I was too tired at the time and I realised what I said about the crawling might be misunderstood... I only put down her ages b/c you guys know when I concieved and all the problems we had then and to say that I thought it meant he would really take off now. Anyway, I just wanted to make that clear just in case. I would never want you to think I was one of those competitive mothers as that's one thing that really irks me! Hope you read it with my original meaning.
    Adara's really got into the splashing thing too lately, great idea with the pool!
    Woohoo for the sleeping!

Christy - could just be that you're so tired that your body's taking a bit of catch up time. You do have to run around after a very active baby all day who didn't sleep through... I agree that you should probably see the Dr to make sure though. You know I'm constantly exhausted too, do you think... JK!

Katanya - I'm shocking with finances and we still rent, so I'm no help whatsoever! We spent a decent house deposit on our wedding thinking that we'd just buy with the wedding money we would've saved up but of course, things then got unexpectedly A LOT tighter. Then you add a baby or 2 and hey presto - signed another 12mths lease now! ](*,) Things seem to be picking up again lately, hopefully in a year to 18mths we can finally buy
    Good luck with it all, hope you manage to find something good.

Adara starts back at Gymbaroo tomorrow, YAY! She LOVES it and it really wears her out so she sleeps better for 2 days LOL!

With all the upsets just before Xmas with Adara not well, shopping and moving, I got really slack about doing things with her. I only recently realised and just started to get back into it again but I'm having trouble coming up with more ideas...

Can I ask what activities you play with your babies? I thought it'd be good to swap some ideas, WDYT?

If you're interested, things we do is - throw a ball or rattle to each other (or dog), go for walks and to the park, open shut them and other action type things, sing nursary rhymes, read books, build and knock down blocks, starting to teach colours, pointing to facial features (with their own noise to keep her interested). If I think of more, I'll tell you.

I have to honestly say I dont' play alot of activites with Lachlan as he interacts a lot with Kameron, and they play together just about all day.

As for 1st birthday parties, not having any theme or whatever and will just be having a BBQ at home with friends and family.

Love

Yep I made an appt for next Monday... so we'll see, the Dr phoned back to say to pick up a pathology slip & have some bloods taken before the appt...

Ambah great idea on the little pool, I went and got one on the way home from work & so far the dogs love it :-s

As for activities... we have three things we do if we are home all day, we always try for a walk if it isn't too stinking as well. But one thing is the jolly jumper, so she gets some time in there (only around 20 minutes), then we have a "physical time" where she plays on the fit ball with me rolling her around & toys in a big circle so I roll her down & she picks up toys & I pull her up etc etc... SSSSOOOO much fun! And during the physical time I might hold her hands & let her "walk" around, and she goes on the skateboard too, and holds on while I wheel her around the house. The last thing is I always read to her. Everyday before her naps we have quiet book time and only one book but sometimes I read it twice , Other than that I put her in the play pen when she first wakes up while I make up her food & bottle to have a play with some toys, and then she has a crawl around the house destruction time O And I put up obstacles and she loves pushing her pram up the hallways (new one...)
    Now that we have a pool she'll have some pool time everyday too! She loves water...

katanya Guest

Felix went UNDER water today! It was really cool!! He took abit in but not too bad! He's loves the pool but tends to go blue by the end of the session due to lack of fat! he's still asleep1.5 housr later! -SO cool!!
    Mel: Felix and I play on the floor, with block and a shape sort also has a walker he loves, he loves climbing me, so I lay down and let him use me as a climbing gym (also usually when he's also trying to feed!) We read, we go swimming lessons now, we have our mother groups social time with the other babies, and go to places like parks etc..Felix loves being walked, or swung or thrown in the air. I play hand games with him. DP and Felix listen to music together, yukky DP music but hey! They play physically alot! NO idea for the 1st birthday, my friend suggested we go to Abridazzle whic is an indoor play center, and just take a cake, not do their parties, I will have something for the family here as well!

Christy I'm going to try your fit ball idea, we have one that I bought when pregnant..never used it since! Sounds So much fun! I have a pool too but it's hot outside I never use it!

Kathryn I'm hoping it will be like that next baby, I wonder if Felix and the next baby will play like that, he is happy to play alone but likes someone just there and it's a bit frustrating sometimes when you want to do something else!

Mel check out this link HERE its about craft/playtime activities, there might be some tips there.

Kellee Guest

Wow -it's incredible to think that they can develop so quickly... I can't imagine Charlie talking or walking or anything yet! It's great to read all of your posts, as all your darling are a little bit older than mine, and I can get some kind of idea what might be in store for us.

Some of you might have read my post in another forum about all my sleeping difficulties - well, not mine, but Charlie's. Happy to say that they seem to be on the mend. We're doing a version of controlled crying, but not actually timing it - just listening to him and going in when we think he needs to. Have already cut the time it takes to settle him to 20 mins max... not bad considering it took me an hour to settle him last week. I'm very proud of him - he falls asleep when we're actually not patting him. Good boy! Hopefully uninterrupted nights are the next thing he will give us..

So what's this Gymbaroo? What happens there? And how young can babies start going there? I think it's time for Charlie to start to interact with the rest of the world... He has only ever seen two other babies before, as I don't know any mothers (I am the first in my social group to become one). Sounds interesting...

katanya Guest

Kellee yes they develop SO quickly, Felix can do SO many more things than 3 months ago when he was 6 mths old! It's quite amazing! I am so glad you are having sucess with your sleeping routine, and that you found happy medium between settling and control crying, you will be able to help me out!!

I must say we seem to be going backwards, I had serious negative feelings about giving up BFing tonight, like I was saying to Mel, Felix feeds forever then falls asleep and then wakes and feeds, wakes and feeds (we try settling but he just screams till fed) I am feeling frustrated with the amount of time it takes still and it doesn't seem like it's going to get easier..most nights it's fine, but I thought he'd be doing better than this by now, I just wonder when his respiratory thing gets sorted we might find a change?That is what I'm waiting for..
    I hope so..I just feel exhausted and frustrated tonight, and DP got upset at me for raising the idea of giving him a formula bottle at night, he told me to to express and he'd give it to him... I can't imagine not BFing but the way I feel right now I feel very tempted let me tell you!

oh katanya I understand, maybe take DH up on that suggestion just so you can have a bit of a break? Express some and leave it for him. I tried that but as I could only get out 20mls maybe 60mls if I was lucky DH had to use formula. But it was such a relief to be able to sleep through some of it, and that way we also learned how much she was drinking at each feed... so she would drink if it was formula around 120mls and around 30 minutes but bf would be hours on and off... I think the bottle stimulated her to keep going until there was no more? Not sure...

katanya Guest

Thanks Christy, I think I will try it tonight, I expressed this morning(I've got a gyno appoint) and it was REALLY hard to get let down, compared to when Felix was about 4 mths I could get 160 mls from a few squeezes of the breast pump, now it take me forever! Felix crawled over to see what I was doing, and then wanted to feed, and the other breast started letting down, except I tried to express on that one and Felix started kicking it off! He really gets upset when I express, and then I feed him and he doesn't want it..just jealousy I think! Anyhow I will try to express this afternoon ..got to go!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast