Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 6 Months - 9 Months, November 2005

Yay - congrats again Dee - I think I've said it in 4 forums now. LOL.
    Buddies again huh? I reckon we should start a sweep - who will get the opposite to what they already have, and who will go first. And it doesn't count if you go for a c/s eitehr!!! Are you going to be able to do it vaginally?
    WEll done on the MCHN Deb - sounds like she didn't have toooooo much to pick on.

Fi

Yay Dee... well it was kinda obvious About time too... so Mark decided to let you test, huh? It's alright for him he doesn't have to wonder every minute of the day... us poor women have to live it!! I dunno about trying for #4... A lady at play group was asking me if I was going to try for a boy and I said I would have 20 if I could afford it, she also was saying that you just know when you don't want anymore... and I was like, well maybe I haven't finished yet 8-[ <--- that's how I looked too! I would definately have another if I was guaranteed a boy (not there is anything wrong with girls, I just want to have a little monster to tame!! lol). Plus Wato freaks out if anyone mentions anymore kids... lol.

Yay Deb for a good experience at the MCHN

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - sounds to me like you want to go for a fourth! LOL @ Wato freaking out about the idea. Uno... Trish got her little girl for her 4th so it may just be possible that you'll get one of the blue variety!

I spoke too soon.
    I was looking through Gabby's book at the notes that the CHN wrote down (her writing is shocking!). Anyway, she mentioned to me that Gabby's skin around her mouth was a little dry. Straight away I corrected her and said it was just cereal from her breakfast. The little skamp hates it when I wipe her mouth and screams when I try. I did wipe it, but the cereal tends to stick really well to skin! Anyway, as usual, it left just a little around the edge of her mouth (and I found some more near her ear :roll. She went on to say that sometimes they get dry skin. I said "That's fine, but it's not what Gabby has at the moment" - but she bloody well wrote it in her book anyway! WTF??? Did she think I was just making something up?? Maybe I should have spat on a tissue and wiped it off to prove that I wasn't just trying to make an excuse. For goodness sake!!

Deb... How bloody frustrating!! I am trying to think of something to add... but I can't that woman sounds as if no matter what you say she wouldn't listen! If I were you I'd write a comment where she did that it was just rice cereal... maybe she'll see it next time you go in...lol

I know there have been a lot of lucky girls in here getting the colour of their choice... but it just doesn't work like that for us.... lol. I am the forth girl Mum and Dad had... 16 months later Mum gave birth to a boy... he almost died. Then he got meningitus... almost died. He developed hydrocephalus from the meningitus and had to have a shunt put into his head. after several operations on his bladder etc and years later he had to have his shunt replaced... it stopped working. Then he got cancer... then his shunt had to be replaced about 10 more times. Eventually he died of a heart attack @ 21... I am not sure I want to go thro all of that for a boy! I am telling you we are jinxed!!
    Hmmm that is a bit weird! Never knew I felt like that!
    Anyway now that that is off my chest! 8-[

Tanya
    Last edited by Rouge; April 13th, 2007 at 09:41 AM.

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh gosh, Tanya! Your poor brother!! Any wonder you feel that way about having a boy. Maybe best to stick with girls then, hey?
    Actually, I sort of kwym.... in a small way. When I got pregnant with Gabby, as much as I would have liked a boy - I was glad when she turned out to be a girl. Only because the only boy Mum and Dad had was still-born (and he was their first pregnancy). I just felt that having a girl would make it different and the same thing would be less likely to happen?? I know it's a silly rationale, but I think if I knew I was having a boy, I would have been even more stressed out about having a still-birth. Things like that can mess with your head, big time!!

LOL @ writing the note in her book. I might just do that! Mind you, I don't see her until Gab is 12 months so she probably won't even notice. Still, at least I will have documented it!

Yeah, documentation that your MCHN is a NUT CASE

Tanya

Deb - Grrr @ your MCHN, sometimes they have absolutely no idea

Tanya - My goodness your poor brother and what he and the family had to go through. LOL @ Wato freaking if anyone mentions more kids.

Just before I left for work yesterday I said to Mark I`ve made the Dr`s appointment for Friday but I might still divert to the Chemist, he said that`s fine, so that`s what happened but I got such a fright when the 2 lines came up within seconds I was yelling out at Mark, poor Matthew probably wondered what was wrong with Mummy. Anyway I was then sitting there in total disbelief Mark then turns around and saids 'Well it doesn`t look like it" I was like 'What", poor Mark got all confused but during that time that he thought I wasn`t pg he said he was disapointed as he was I was

Fi - LOL I was like that with you too, not sure how many times I congratulated you LOL

AS for a c/s I`m really really really hoping for a VBAC but Mark is nervous about me going through a VBAC with the history of Matthew but again my heart is set for a vaginal birth, I know it will all depend on circunstances and if the baby is like Matthew being big, head not in correct position for birth, me with a small pelvis and couldn`t open my cervix with a crowbar @ 6 days overdue, now when I write all that down no wonder Mark is nervous but I have a good OB and he`ll do what`s right, he does prefer things to go naturally if at all possible.

Debbie Lee Guest

Dee - LOL @ Mark thinking you were upset because it was a BFN! But it was good that he seemed as disappointed as you. Just keep reminding him that women were designed to give birth - your OB isn't going to endanger your life or the baby's life. Good on you for trying for a VBAC tho. You're very brave! I'm not sure what I will do when the time comes. I am kind of torn. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it tho!

Well, Gabby is not enrolled in childcare for Wednesdays next year. I went down and paid the first week of fees today. She'll have a settling day the week before she starts in the first week of January. I figure she may aswell start straight away so that I am home if she really hates it for the first few times. I am sure she'll be fine tho - it'll be me that stresses! Now I just have to let my old school know I am available on Wednesdays. Hopefully they will be able to get me some work. If not, I'll have to join an agency and go to all different schools (which sux because the kids don't know you and they test you ALLLL day :roll: Plus, the staff are usually rude and don't talk to you because you're a mere emergency teacher!). It's sad though. I feel like this year has just flown by!!

Oh Tanya - what a rough life your poor brother (and parents) had. Ic an sort of see why you need a break from boys.
    Deb - You have a STUPID mchn!!!!! What a bloody idiot. Just like mine telling me last time Jenna had nappy rash. Duh - really?? I'm just letting it get worse and worse you stupid woman!!!
    I can't wait to hear what she says when I tell her I'm pg. Probably some comment about unplanned pregnancy or something, and I'm sure she'll dig the boot in about breastfeeding. Grrrr, I'm angry justt thinking about it!
    Dee - I had to LOL on your POAS story! Poor Mark!! I guess he was just trying to do the right thing to make you happy.

Long day here - I've had 2 naps in the car up to Melbourne and back. Ican't wait to turn Jenna's seat aroun dsometimes so I can have more leg room and tilt my seat back!!!!!

Fi

Fi I didn't tell my MCHN that I was pg again when I took Em... I was showing, but I wore a baggy t-shirt and she couldn't really tell. I didn't think she needed to know. Mind you it must've been a shock when she had to come and visit us at home after I had her

LOL @ Mark, Dee! That's funny!

Wow Deb, so your going back to work! Eeeek! One of Wato's friends (the one that had the baby a couple of months ago) is already going to work a day a week... her bub is only 8weeks old... she is brave!!

Thanks for all your nice words re: my bro... I honestly never knew I felt like that! The tought thing was my poor mum! Living 3hrs away from Melb and having to travel down there all the time. Then when he was really sick she gave up work and lived with me in Melb while to visit him everyday. She now works for the disabled so I think he inspired her. Because he needed full time care in the end... couldn't walk or eat... poor bloke... anyway!

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - your MCHN better not bloody try and convince you to stop BF just because you're pregnant!! Honestly, you'd think they would encourge BFing for as long as possible. When mine asked if I was still BFing, I said "Nah, I gave up that ghost. It got all too hard in the end" then I told her why I thought my supply was ****e from the beginning and how I won't let it happen next time. She didn't even bat an eyelid! I would have liked an "Oh, that's a pity! Better luck next time" or something along those lines! :roll:
    How heavy is Jenna? She'd be approaching the 8kg mark now, wouldn't she? I've turned Gabby around and she's sooooo much happier! It's great because we can now just turn around and give her things to amuse her (we couldn't reach before).

Tanya - Good on your Mum for being inspired by your brother to work with people with disabilities. I think that having a child that requires SO much help would give someone more than enough training with that sort of thing. It certainly takes a very strong, determined and caring person!

Gabby is still asleep and it's 8:15am. I am hoping she stays down until 9am (she didn't get to bed until nearly midnight because we were out at friends). That way she won't be getting tired and grumpy at MG.
    I'm throwing a party plan thingy tonight at my sister's place so I've got all of that to organise too. Hopefully Neil will come home early so he can help with Gabby.

Thanks for reminding me about the party Deb - I'd forgotten!

Jenna has well passed the 8kg stage, but we are keeping her backwards cause she likes it now. Used to hate it, but now just relaxes and chills out. The way I see it is its safer in some ways, and I like the way the seat supports her head when she sleeps, so it can stay that way a bit longer. I think I'm holding on to her as a baby!!! LOL.

Tanya - I might not tell the MCHN either. She is an idiot, so there is not predicting what she'll say! Luckily she doesnt do the house calls, so I dont have to worry about that. Besides, I'd trust my dr over her anyday, and we see the doc on Tuesday. She'll give me the low down.

Sooooo tired. I'm just not getting enough sleep at night, so I think I'm gunna have to do nanna naps to keep up. Netball this morning, so I can't today, but maybe tomorrow a couple more hours is a must.

Fi

Hey girls

Fi, Have fun at netball!! It's getting a bit warm for netball? Or are you playing indoors? Is Jenna still not sleeping thro? Poor Mum!! Plus new bub

Deb... aren't you BF anymore? I didn't know that. What party plan are you having? Have fun at MG... why aren't you and Fi in the same group?

Forgot to tell you all about my lizards!! You know how I was saying that I thought they were gay b4 the eggs...? Well it tuns out they were... or are...LOL. They are lez!! LOL! The big lizard who I thought was male for all these years is female! I caught...her... laying eggs. Turns out they can cycle eggs... something I didn't know. I should've known my male was a female, but I wasn't sure how to sex them... he... I mean she had a bigger head and bigger tail base... but ... female... #-o How stupid do I feel... Poor Frenzal has been called a boy all this time and she is a girl.

Tanya

Fi - We also haven`t turned Matthew around yet in his car seat. As for the MCHN I`m not telling her. Are you tosing and turning at night, I just can`t sleep haven`t been able to all week plus getting up to Matthew 3 times is a bit much. Did you see what I wrote in the July Belly Buddies about unplanned pregnancies?? I might paste it in here and give you all a laugh LOL

Tanya - LOL @ your lizards being Lez`s That`s great that your Brother inspired your Mum to work with Disabled people

Deb - Good luck with going back to work next year. Have fun tonight

Okay girls this is what I wrote in the July Belly Buddies, What do you think rude or what!!!!!!!

Went to the GP this morning for the routine BT`s, medical, I was told I was underweight and I need to put more on, no worried there considering I put on 18 kgs with Matthew.

Then I went to pathology for the BT`s (Fi have an answer ready for Dracula Lady when you go in LOL), anyway she asks how old is Matthew, I say 6.5 months, then I get oh and you think your pregnant again????? I say Um yes I am, she goes on to tell me it was obviously unplanned and an accident, nevermind accidents are often the nicest surprise :shock:

You should have seen here quickly backtrack when I told her It was planned. OMG I wasn`t expecting this from the Pathologist, as DH says probably the start of more to come all thinking it was an accident 8-[

Debbie Lee Guest

Dee - :roll: @ that pathologist. Isn't it funny how they just "assume"? Hope you start to get more sleep happening. I remember that I had insomnia for the first couple of weeks once I found out I was pregnant.

Tanya - nup, not BFing anymore. I gave it away just after Gabby turned 6 months. She has absolutely thrived on formula and, while I miss the closeness of BFing (and I cried the last time I fed her), it's just so much easier now. Hopefully I'll be able to feed for longer next time! Fi and I don't have the same MG because we don't live in the same area of Geelong (we're probably a 10-15 min drive away from each other). LOL @ your gay lizards! You crack me up! Oh... and I am having a Chef's Toolbox party tonight... pots n' pans and knives and cookware. Really good stuff.

Fi - LOL @ trying to keep Jenna a baby. I hate to say it, but Miss Independent will grow out of the baby stage verrrrrry quickly! Lucky you have another one coming along Hope it wasn't too hot at netball this morning. It's bloody humid today and I hate it!

Can you believe that Gabby slept until 9:45am this morning?? It was fantastic! We had MG at 10:30am and she was just a delight! She's back in bed now so she'll be all rested for tonight (when Nanny will take over hopefully ).
    Got our family portraits back and I am thrilled with them. We got a family one then a photo of each of us with Gabby. I've put the family one on her site under her 7 month chapter.

Debbie Lee Guest

Yay for Jessalyn and Kynan!
    Welcome to the thread... for a little while

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast