Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months - 9 Months, October '05

Aaron has no choice!! We went down to Melbourne last year & stayed with Cailin & we decided to make it an annual thing. We're staying for a week & just fluked it that we would be there when the conference was on \/ Aaron will be going on the day as he went to the BB Christmas party last year, but he treats it more as a thing for me than anything else.

It sounds really great hun!! it would be nice to have someone with you on the drive from Sydney anyhow,it is a long one!!!

Hey girls,

Suzie, I hope Dom gets better really quickly! Violet has started to get a bit of a snotty nose too... ugh!!

Sarh, I am glad you have quickly gotten to the bottom of the rash. I hope it is the only allergy that you find.

Nell... Yay for the waving... too cute!

Kayla, yay for nixie being better, and Welcome to the 6mo thread

Trish, yay for you bro ... I hope you can get on more often.

Sorry for the ultra quick catch up... slack of me I know!
    We had a very busy weekend.... all wnet really well... I hate travelling in the car tho... YUCK! I just wish they would both sleep all the way... no such luck. Em ended up sick, and vomited in the car and twice in the hotel room....
    We went to the zoo on saturday which was nice, I just wish we had more time to spend there. I think a whole day should cover it.
    Went a visited friends on Suday in Werribee. They have a little girl 2 months older than Em, and she seems so much bigger. Anyway we all survived. I was so tired on Sunday I reccon I got 2hrs sleep. I had really loud songs going thro my head! My body was so sore on Sunday! I need to go to more gigs to get fit!! (I posted in the woohoo room too)

Anyway, better go

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - sounds like you had a good but exhausting time. Travelling with kids ain't fun, hey? Ewww @ Em's vomit. We used to get car sick alllll the time. We lived in Canberra when I was little so we were always travelling back to Vic to visit rellies. Dad used to crush car-sick tablets up in jam otherwise all 4 of us would spew! Ick!

Suzie - if I was able to go to the conference, Gabby would be coming with me. I think I would have been able to twist Neil's arm but he too isn't really that keen. Aaron really made a great effort at the xmas party - I thought he was a crack up. Neil was bloody hopeless!! LOL Sorry to hear that Dominic is still sick. Colds take forever to go!!

Nell - sorry to hear you are both sick! Sounds delightful... not. It definitely was pram city at the expo yesterday. My Mum had a great time learning how to use the pram whilst crashing into everyone. I think I will leave Gabby at home if I go to another one in the coming years. Yay for Matty waving!! I guess it's official, hey? Gabby has started to do a bit of a wave too. It's not reeeeeallly obvious but several people have confirmed that they too thought it was a wave so I am sticking with it. The girl may not roll or move around yet, but she can wave!! LOL

Sarah - yay for Zander being such a good boy for your trip to Canberra. Sounds like you had a great day. Hope you enjoy MG today! Bummer that you didn't get such a great sleep last night.

Kayla - good to see you back! Good on you on such a fantastic weight loss so far! That's excellent. Oh no at possibly having PCOS. That's no good at all. It's great that Pheonix is feeling better. I hope the coughing fits stop soon.

Gabby was such a good girl with her cereal this morning. She ate almost 4 tbspns worth! Normally she only has about 1 or 2. She's so funny. She'll reach out for things all the time and crack it until I get it for her rather than just try to get to it herself. I have tried just not giving it to her but she chucks the biggest tanty!! I can see it now. I am going to have one of those children that throws herself to the floor like a sack of potatos and screams bloody-murder until she gets what she wants!! 8-[

I'm here......!

6 months today. Man - doesn't it go quickly??
    All Ok here, excpet we are all dying from a cold. Me especially, cuase I can't take any sudafed. Its really hard being sick. I feel quite sorry for myself.
    Anyhoo, MCHN in an hour, so I'll post more then. Hopefully I'll feel better about things too.

Deb - hopefully Gabby wont pack those tanties in the middle of the supermarket!

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Happy 6 months Jenna-Benna!! Half a year old already!
    Sorry to hear you guys have a cold, Fi. It sux not being able to take anything for it, hey??

hi all,
    i think Dominic is feeling better this morning,although he still has his snotty nose...he slept much better last night,from about 7-11.20 and then back to bed almost immediatley until about 7am....Im glad he hasnt had more than one of the 5 wakings a night goes at a time,because they just wear me out too much (i need my sleep!!! )
    LOL at Gab being a tanty baby Debbie!!! I used to have one of them,but they do grow out of it...Dominic doesnt seem to care if we take something off him,and i was just thinking the other day jpw laid back he is compared to the girls
    Fi Yay for Jenna being 6 months old,and you are right it just flies by!!! sorry about the flu though,i hope you all feel better really soon
    Dominic is having a nice long morning sleep this morning,i am going to go and hop in the shower soon,before he wakes,as i have to take Emily to prekinder this afternoon.....
    Hope you are all well and happy!!!

OOhh that means we are 7 months...Yahh still havent dropped her yet!!

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL Bec... you are such a dag! I haven't dropped Gabby... but I have bashed her head into the car door a couple of times... felt like the worst mother on the planet!

Suzie - good to hear that Dominic is feeling better and sleeping well.

I havent dropped Dominic either,but he did roll off the bed a couple of times about a month ago,when we were cosleeping and feeding in bed of a morning!!! Poor little man,lucky the pile of clothes was there for him to fall on!!!
    Debbie,i have done the car door thing too,but i really hate it when they throw themselves back as you are walking through a doorframe or something,and they clip themselves on it....

I'm going to market the stackhat for newborns and toddlers...whoohoo make me rich!!

Well I'm not so convinced anymore that the rash is from potatoes, it flared up again yesterday My Dr is bboked now until Oct 31, my next choice Oct 20 and the 3rd choice luckily is available tomorrow, so hopefully we can find out then what's going on.

Awww poor Em getting carsick. Yay for the visit to the zoo I bet the girls loved it. I can't wait til Zander is old enough to appreciate all the animals. LOL at going to more gigs to get fit, sounds like a fun way to do it!

Oh me too on the tanties Deb, but talking to the girls at MG yesterday it sounds like the thing to do at around 6 months old. Let's just hope they grow out of it. BTW, maybe it's the redhead coming out in her LOL at Aaron being a crack up at the Christmas party last year. He'd looove to hear that!

Hppy 6 months Miss Jenna

Thank goodness that Dom is feeling a bit better this morning Suzie. Must be a relief.

LOL at making 7 months without fropping the b aby Bec. I am always so worried that I'm going to drop Zander, but *touch wood* I haven't yet either.

Off to swimming lessons in about an hour. Aaron took the day off to take some photos. The place we're going to says you have to have special permission to have cameras, but we're thinking it should be ok seeing as it's our MG that is in the clss & noone else. So fingers crossed they give us permission.

Debbie Lee Guest

OMG @ having to get special permission to use cameras, Sarah. Sheesh... everything is so PC these days. Have fun @ swimming lessons!! LOL @ the red-head coming out in Gabby. It may just be the case. Her cousin is definitely a firey little red-head. She had an attitude like you wouldn't believe since birth, hehehe. Hope the doc can shed some light on Zander's rash.

It is sad Deb that we have to have permission. Most of the councils round here have a strict no camera policy for the public pools with no exceptions. The place we're going to is a centre for swimming lessons only so it's privtely run so a bit different.

So is Neil a firey redhead?

I think it is just plain wrong about the camera rules at the pools and on the beach now....I mean if you can prove you have a child in the swimming class or on the beach or something then you should be allowed to take pictures,no questions asked...I mean i know why the rules apply,but there are easy ways to pick out when someone has a child there and when they dont....
    Sarah Sorry about zanders rash hun....I hope your visit to the doc proves fruitful and he can do something about it....Dominics is still there,not as bad now i havent been using the cream on it,but occasionally it will flare up so i have to put something on it....
    I am so relieved Dominic is feeling a little better,i hate it when they are sick and cant tell you what is wrong with them...
    Have fun at swimming!!!
    Hope everyone else is well and their bubs are behaving!!

Sarah - we all had our cameras and video recorders out at jenna's first lesson last week, and they didn't have a problem. OUrs is a private family business - the swimming pool is in their garage kind of, so the only people there had kiddies in the pool. Its where I have started teaching swimming too. Last night was my first lesson. hard yakka. Its crap when these rubbish rules come into play huh?

Bec - glad you haven't dropped Eliza jane yet. You must be a super good mummy!

Suzie - those early morning feeds are funny huh. The number of times I have woken up, and Jenna is still in bed with me, and she's had her lips around my nipple for over an hour!

Well it looks like I have an ear infection. I've got an appt in an hour, which is awesome becuase normally it takes a couple of days to get in with my dr. I've made an appt for Jenna too, cause she's pulling on her ear like crazy, but is perfectly happy otherwise. Her MCHN appt went OK. I guessed her weight spot on (Shane guess 7.62 and I guess 7.38!) Couldn't believe I got it! What are the chances, especially since we haven't weighed her for over a month.
    So hopefully the nice dr will give me some good drugs, and there will be nothing wrong wiht little miss. I have been crying cause it hurts so much. I really hate being sick.

Better go.
    Fi

Swimming lessons were great fun Zander got dunked under the water for the first time ever & he went really well with it. He coughed a bit the third time but other than that he was great. Aaron was allowed to take video & photos, they just checked with the class first - turns out there are 6 from MG and 3 others.

Yuck at the ear infection Fi. Let's just hope Jenna doesn't have one as well cos we all know how painful they can be I can't imagine how a bub would go with one. OUCH!

Sarah - isn't it funny how they just dunk them under the water? Jenna spewed up half the pool later that morning. Hopefully Znader goes better.
    No ear infection - just a viral thing. She's OK'd me to take some cold and flu tabs, but half dosage only. She checked Jenna's ears and apparently she's fine. How is this baby so healthy?? She charged us for 2 appts, but luckily BB'd Jenna. All she did was check her ears. Unreal they can charge full consult for that.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast