Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Months - 12 Months, June '05

Phew! Yvette that was epic, I think you covered everything nicely, Happy bday to your darling Angus, and I will see you in the 1 to 3 forum as Jemma is in there.

Christy sick DH's are worse than sick kids, thank goodness they both slept at the same time LOL gives you a break.

Hi to everyone!

Jemma has just put herself to bed so we are in trouble, she will be up half the night now. Jessica is crawling around looking for stuff to eat! So far she has found nothing substantial, except she got into my scrapbooking pens and stencils in my room, so I had to secure themLOL

Had netbal this morning and decided to go to mum's for lunch, I'm about to get toasted sandwiches for tea and then sit and rest .

Hope you are all having a lovely weekedn
    Cheeers Michelle

Wow, been busy. DP FINALLY had his arthroscope yesterday - didn't like coming out of the op -threw a few punches, pulled drips out, took a few to hold him down poor baby. Had to laugh when he asked me where his jocks were - forgot to explain the catheter thing! Thank god it's all over, he can get back to work and sanity again. STILL looking for a bloody house, this is gettiing beyond a joke.

Mitchell is all better now and WALKING!! He dances too! He has the best taste in music - loves Gwen stefani (don't we all - I wanna BE HER!), and the Gorillaz so we all get up and boogie on Saturday mornings.
    He is eating spag bol like a fiend, and happier to have actual food so thats good too. I don't want him on cow's milk or soy tho, so will probably move up to the toddler formula for a couple more weeks. He loves his water and has been drinking out of a cup for awhile. I just have to kick the dogs out at meal times cos he jsut wants to feed them all his dinner!!

Oh yes Yvette the work is very secure - fantastic leave and maternity entitlements, it's what keeps us all there when the stoopid pollies decide to bugger everything up. I'll chase you up in the 12mth forum for other stuff I want to tell you - I think I lost my last post.

Semi stressing about the 1st birthday stuff, as usual I left it pretty late - it's next weekend, so am quickly getting out invites, although it's really only family and a couple of little mates. BOOHOO I can't believe it's here. Time to have another me thinks!.....

Hope you have a good time with DP gone Michelle, remember when he gets back HE OWES YOU a coupla nights out on your own!!!!

Kellee Guest

Phew, Yvette, how long did that take you to write?! LOL - You did a good job. I bet no one felt left out after that! Well done!

Thanks for the ideas, Christy. I love the idea of pasta and cheese. I will certainly try that out. Do you mean the spiral pasta? I suppose that would be the easiest for Charlie to pick up. Hope DH and DD are both feeling better - men are so horrible when they're sick!

Hope you didn't have too much of a rough night, Michelle.

I would love to see Mitchelle dancing, Lulu - that would be so cute! I'm glad he's better now. And walking! Goodbye to your house as you know it!

Well, finally, after wrecking my house with all his moving around, Charlie has decided that it's time to learn how to talk. He figured out how to say "bub-bub-bub" today, and it's all we've heard all day! I'm really glad about that - I was starting to get worried. I reckon that by the time DH gets back from his trip in a couple of weeks Charlie will be saying other words and standing on his own, which is very scary. But gorgeous, at the same time.

Anyway, I hear a little boy who is calling out for his drink before bed. And I also smell my dinner - lamb shanks in red wine sauce - that is almost ready, so I must depart. Hope you've all had a lovely weekend, and look forward to hearing all your goss.

Hugs to you and your bubs,

- Kellee.

Yay Lucy at Mitchell being better and walking too. How lovely for you , not. Glad the arthroscope is all over, how long did it take for him to get in for it. LOL at the punches etc. Did he think he was in a fight? Hope something turns up housewise soon, has there been nothing good at all?

Kelle- Yum at your dinner, wish I had had that. I had a crappy spring roll and oven chips. Can't wait till the cook arrives home and starts cooking. And yay at Charlie saying bub, Your DH will be thinking he has a new son if he is doing all that by the time he gets home.

Well we were all at Auskick this morning at 8.30am. And it wasn't cold this morning so that was good. We went around to mum's for awhile and then came home, a gf dropped round this arvo and then Arron rang, he said he is ready to come home, I am wondering if that is just to make me think he wants to, but of course he can't cos the plane is for Tuesday. Sort of works in his favour IYKWIM!LOL

School for the kiddies tomorrow and I am going to spend the day cleaning as people will be here tomorrow night for the wall buddies party. The lady rang me and she is definitely going to turn up (see pounching bag about party plan lady who didn't turn up for demo).

So I have to clean up and then go to supermarket to buy food, kids are going to have tuna macaroni from the freezer and I am going to have something Yummy! Should work out ok I hope, unless Josh decides to misbehave that is, he lost 5 days off the xbox this afternoon.

Jessica is just so cute at the moment, very lovy and wanting to hug me all the time. I just want to keep her like she is forever.

Best wishes Michelle

Kellee Guest

Hmm, very quiet. Everybody must be sitting down getting ready to watch SuperNanny, which is where I'll be in a few minutes. I LOVE that show. Although it kind of scares me - I hope I don't face the same kinds of problems that parents on the show face! I suppose we all encounter our own demons on this parenting journey, don't we?

Hope everyone had a lovely day. Not much to report - my brother and his now FIANCE ( ) came for a visit and Charlie went bub bub bub at that all afternoon. They loved it. We had far too many chocolate brownies, so I feel like a bit of a pig. Oh well. Also not looking forward to DH going away on Friday. Don't know how you manage on your own, Michelle - I only have one and I'm nervous! You must be Super Woman.

Anyway, dinner calls. Hope you're all well.

Hi everyone-

Kellee if I can do it you can. I don't really like being here by myself but...not much choice unfortunately. I think not having adult company once the kids go to bed is the only downfall, but no one has said anything about me being on the computer, about me not cooking grouse meals or about the house. That was a highlight. I bet they think Charlie is spectacular, you'll have them all clucky LOL.

I worked like a woman possessed today and when MIL came to "help clean up" she had to say "Oh I don't need to cos it's clean..." Suffer to her! She helped tidy Jemma's roon and a little of Jordan's, but that was all, oh and she stayed to throw kids in the shower. Then she came back to look at the stuff at the wallbuddies demo. I did so well, had $700 in sales and got $200 of stuff for $40. I still have 3 outside orders to chase up so I may end up paying for nothing , which would be great. I am taking the chinese herbs and they were supposed to fix my cold and givce me energy. I still have the cold so far but hopefully another couple of days and it will be over.

Anyway hope Christy is feeling better.

hope Lucy is going well in planning for Mitchell's bday party.

AND i hope everybody else is well.

Best wishes michelle

It has been a long weekend here in the west, you guys get your next weekend! I have been busy today! Sorting through school work and trying to get the study a little bit tidier but it doesn't look it. Guess I will finish it next weekend. Finally caught up on my washing (and its all folded and waiting to be put away) but it has been raining all day so the drier has had a good work out today!

Asha still only has one tooth but she is getting grizzly again so there will be more soon I guess. Her other top one first (you can see it just waiting to break through) then the bottom ones and another one at the top!!! Hopefully they are through before her party on the 19th! Have to get organised for that ... fill the gas bottle and get the sausages. I have ordered her cake and now just need to get the salads organised. Asha has been talking none stop all weekend and just babble. She loves playing peek-a-boo and when you ask her where's Asha? she pulls her shirt up over her face or covers her eyes with her hands, it is just gorgeous!!! She amazes us everyday. She learns so much and this weekend has started walking around with her walker! She is too little to walk!!! She can also stand on her own for almost a minute now and you can see her think about taking a step. Hopefully my Mum will get to see it when she is here! She arrives on the 17th for a week or so and then is off to QLD to see my Nanna & Granddad. Then she will be back when my Dad arrives on the 11th July but I don't know how things will go as Mum & Dad have just decided to seperate after 33 1/3 years of marriage! That's a whole other post though so won't go into detail here.

Kellee ... Asha eats all day!!!! and I am sure if she was awake at night she would eat all night too. She is an eating machine (just like her brother and sister) ... here is an example of what she has eaten today ...

Breakfast: Vitabrits and milk
    Bottle: 1/4 formula & 3/4 milk
    Snack: Biscuit (scotch finger)
    Lunch: Left over Shepards Pie followed by a tin of chocolate custard & drink of water
    Snack: Fresh bread & butter, biscuit (scotch finger) & drink of water
    Dinner: Huge bowl of Vegies followed by Vanilla custard & water
    Bottle: 1/4 formula & 3/4 milk

OINK OINK!!! And today we didn't go out or have any chips or anything so she didn't have any other snacks! Normally she pinches food from the kids or us!!

Christy - Hope your DH is feeling better soon!!! I know what it is like and it can be worse than when the kids are sick! Any teeth yet? Does Matilda walk a lot now?

Yvette ... We think she is a bit special could be a little biased though! Ooooo I am so excited that Asha is on your short list (sad I know) but we haven't met any other Asha's (the only other one I know is about 28). When Asha was first born and people asked her name they always thought I said Ashley and when I said "No her name is Asha" they all said it was a beautiful name and that it wasn't one they had heard of before. When I ordered Asha's birthday cake the lady said she would take a picture of the cake and add it to her photos because it was such an unusual name and so very pretty she wanted to see more people use it!!!

Michelle, I am bound to catch up with you more in the next forum as we will be there a while!!! I am off in 12 days!!! OMG it has gone way to fast and I would love for Asha to stay a baby for a bit longer! I don't think we will have another baby ... but having said that I keep changing my mind one week I say no way and the next I think well maybe one more! I am sure once Asha starts walking I will have definately made up my mind!!!

Lulu ... I don't come out of anesthetics (sp??) very well either, I cry a lot and get nasty! I had an arthroscopy on my knee when I was 17 and in recovery they asked me to stop crying because I was scaring a little girl and then my Dad and brother walked across town adn when they got there I told them to **** off!!!! LOL The nurse came in and asked me if I wanted something to eat and I said no and got really upset at her when she said she would leave the food there, I told her to take it away (Mum was visiting and was so embarrassed!!) then about 30 minutes later I told mUm I was hungry and wanted her to get me some food!!! Luckily I haven't had so much trouble since!!! Glad to hear that Mitchell is better and walking around!!! I don't think Asha will be too far behind.

Hi to anyone else I may have missed. I am sure there is someone!!!

Time I was off the ocmputer but I want to check out the other forums first!! Have a good week ... back to work tomorrow and then more cleaning and tidying on my days off!!!

Cheers

WOW look what I've missed!

Kelly - thats amazing you've already organised the cake! =D> well done! I haven't even thought of it yet! LOL And just so you know our boy's name we had picked and will still use is Asher... so when I saw you named Asha I said to DH "wow if we had an Asher and Kelly has an Asha 2 days apart...that would be weird" I love the name.

Matilda is now running. :shock: I can honestly say it sucks. LOL. I am often running now too...and I hate running.

On the anaesthetics front, I always vomit afterwards, and even with the c/s I was ripping out drips afterwards and getting really agitated... Sometimes in the vet clinic we have animals come out of their anaesthetics similarly and it is hard work. That is where the main part of our injuries come from is animals not quite recovered yet. The nicest dogs often bite, they throw themselves around and we have to put them in padded kennels.

I'm feeling a bit better. DH isn't well still. In bed at the moment, Matilda's just slept 30 minutes and is ready to go again, jumping up & down in her cot screaming "no" :roll: better go....

I hope you are all having a good week...

*Yvette* Guest

Christy what is PCYC?

Michelle you play netball as well? I wish I had your energy. Maybe I'll get some back when I'm not pg all the time, lol. Glad to hear your DH does some cooking.

Lol Lulu at DPs post anaesthetic drama. Poor thing, hope he's ok. Woo hoo at Mitchell walking. Yeah, time to get yourself knocked up again, lol.

Yes Kellee, it did take a ridiculously long time to do that post. Think I may be a tad obsessive? Or just avoiding housework? Not even supposed to be in here now, just wanted to ask Christy about the toddler gym thing, but I seem to be ...still....typing....

Hi Kelly. We're having the same will we or won't we have any more thing going on. Maybe when the reality of twins kicks in I'll settle for a puppy, lol.

Ok, exercising much restraint and leaving it there for now. Hi to everyone & see you soon, but I'm still watching....

LOL...must pull self away from computer...Lmao!

PCYC is the Police Citizen Youth Club. There are heaps around QLD and a few around NSW when I lived there... I'll ask tomorrow if there are any around Melbourne for you while I'm there

oh I just had another snack idea I packed for Matilda today, hard boiled egg. I was trying to think of something a bit substantial because I know we'll be 30 minutes behind for lunch & Miss Clockwork here lets me know the whole time, so I packed a hard boiled egg & cheese, I let her have a taste to see if she'd eat it & its a winner.

Kellee Guest

Hooray for being all clean before the MIL arrived, Mitch! Well done! I am actually cleaning today because the MIL is coming over tomorrow night... my last night with DH before he goes away and I won't be able to spend it all with him. :-( Oh well, at least the place will be clean. Sorry you have a cold - I hope you get better soon.

You sound so organised, Kelly! Well done - I'm sure the party will be a hit. I wish I could see Asha walking - that just sound so cute! Sorry to hear about your parents. I hope that things go well at the party and aren't too uncomfortable. It's awesome that Asha eats so much. Sometimes Charlie is such a fussy little bugger - I tried Christy's idea of the pasta and cheese, but Charlie just spat it out. I think the pasta is too slippery... he's used to things like bread that kind of dissolve in his mouth. I will keep persisting though.

OMG at Matilda running! That must look so funny. Sorry you guys aren't well... still! Hope things improve soon. I will try the egg thing - good idea.

Oh dear - someone has "that" look on his face, and I can smell something unpleasant! These days he needs a bath after I change one of those nappies! It's shocking - he's gotten into a habit of going a couple of days, and then it's all bad. Don't know why he decides to have one of these shocking nappies at this time of the day, and not when DH is home... Sorry, tmi!

Anyway, should go and deal with it before my whole house smells! Hope you're all well, and I'm sorry if I missed anyone.

- Kellee.

HI girls,

Yvette- I DON"T play netball, Jordan does. I wouldn't have the energy.

I am actually feeling this cold move to my chest now so have a drs appt tomorrow and I am going to get my rib area checked out as the couhging has almost killed me, I have had the pain since February, it comes and goes but now it is staying. So I must get it checked.

Kelly- sounds like you are busy busy busy! Hope you have a good week, how many days do you work?

I am a bit rushed at the moment so I will leave ti there, except to say Arron is home and everything is normal again, he sat on the couch watching telly while I cleaned up and did the washing and chased the kids LOL. BUT...he did cook steak and vegies for dinner, which was better than any of our other weekends dinners ie pizza n chips, nuggets n chips, toasted sangers and tuna macaroni. Funny enough I missed him but I didn't miss lots of things that go on when he's here, hopefully we can make sure that things change a little around here to make it a little less stressed.

Jemma has woken Jessica- well she didn't actually get to fall asleep, cos Jemma went in here room so I am about to go and blow my stack at her, sometimes Jemma just thinks she is the boss of everything LOL.

Oh and had Jessica weighed yesterday. 8.19kgs which is 18lb 1 oz, 68cms long and HC 44cms. Comparing her to the others up until now she has been the smallest by far, but looks like she has finally caught Jordan up, she is 0.5cms taller but about 70gms lighter and same HC. The other 2 were way bigger. So I will no longer worry about her being little cos she really isn't by much now.

Cheers Michelle

Welcome Pee and Spiddles to this forum. You have both been quiet lately I hope all is going well !!

Love

mooshie Guest

hi all

just sneaking in to say hello and i will be joining you all in a week - it is so quiet in the 6-9 mth forum without you michelle and kellee lol.

am a bit sad about coming over ykwim but i guess you can't stop time. oh and i turned the car seat around today and lani got her 3rd tooth - wahhh she is nearly a big girl lol.

anyway see you all in a week.

Wow welcome to 9-12 months forum girls!!

Matilda got pretty rank this morning & slept a whole 15 minutes, so I went into settle her, she fell asleep & slept another 15 minutes, we did this for an hour. She had a fever so I took her temp & it was 38.9 so I gave her some panadol & we went to the GP this morning (our old one) & she had pus on her tonsils. Fancy that...we just went to a new Dr on Friday and was given the all clear, she went to daycare Monday while I worked, slept heaps yesterday (I was curious about that but definately not going to argue) and then *BAM* fever & pus today. yuck. So no sleep she's acting really precious and I have to work tonight so just do a hand off with DH at 6pm.... urgh... He's still sick so they can be miserable together! I might not come home to the house of sickness & get some good sleep...LOL

YAY no more work for the week. I love Public Holiday weeks, I only have to work 2 days!!! I usually work 3 days Monday to Wednesday which is just right for us at the moment.

Asha has her second tooth! Only a little bit is poking through but it is the bottom right one! So now she will have top left and bottom right ... so faunny there are three others taht i can see waiting to come through so it won't be too long now.

Only 10 days to go!!! Arrrgggghhhh I need to get more organised!!!! Have to get rolls and sausages organised and salads! So much to do so little time!

Better go and get things organised for school tomorrow (for the kids not me LOL).

Cheers

Too bloody busy. I was supposed to go to a wall buddies party AND a combined playgroups meeting last night and I did neither. Acutally I tidied my house then spent the rest of the night giving DP pointed looks. He is annoying me now, because he won't rest his leg and faffs around all day. Why faff when you can tidy a little. GEEZ!!

My boy is sleeping, sleeping, sleeping YAY, but when he wakes I will give him some scrambled eggs after reading those posts. Red bum again, but scored a tin of goats milk formula for only $15 (rather than $22), so happy me!

Yvette - there are NO four bedroom places around. It's really getting me down, hence the tidying of this place, maybe I'm stuck here. I was initially looking to buy, but then the dsd issue stuffed me around for a bit, so will rent until I can be bothered striving to be $200,000 in debt.

OOOHH deleivery for me at the door. Back later!!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast