Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 9 Months - 12 Months, June '05

Kellee if you click on the www link below my posts you will get there

Super quick because I want to go to bed! It is bloody cold here today! Emma had her first Karate grading and she passed! So she now has her life membership and her yellow belt. I am so proud of her.

Asha now has 3 teeth, both bottom and the top one. Her bottom ones are just poking the corners out though and they are sharp!!!! She has been biting our fingers etc today and it hurts. The other top tooth is almost through now too.

Okay enough of freezing my butt off LOL I am off to bed!

Enjoy your public holiday tomorrow!

Cheers

Kellee what a pain about DH's flights and luggage, don't these things come in 3's, maybe he only has one left. Sounds like you are doing ok though, I don't think you pine if you're busy!

Yay! for Emma's Karate, that's terrific! And also for Asha's teeth. How's the party organising, when it is again, mustn't be long now!

Well we didn't get out for dinner, Arron cooked a roast and mum and dad came on Sat night and he cooked a BBQ last night and again mum and Dad and my brother came. So no going out, although MIL and FIl were out last night anyway so we wouldn't have been able to.

I picked up my goodies from the Horny Devils party (adult stuff) I went to and finally got to use the super whizz bang heat pack, you press the little metal thing inside it and it goes hard and heats up, then when it goes cold you boil it in a pot unbtil the stuff goes soft and start again. It is shaped so that it will go around your neck but it is able to do any body area. It is so great, can't wait now until my back is sore again LOL.

i also got my new vacuum cleaner and I vacced each room and emptied afterwards, I was super impressed with the dirt it got out of the carpet. My other one was so crappy, we got the Kambrook Jaguar bagless and it is really good. So I now feel better thinking that all that dust and hair is off the floor and away from Jessica.

I spent most of today playing educational games with Josh, Arron is quitting smoking today and he took Jordan with him to do a couple of carpet jobs so he couldn't buy a pack (she doesn't know he smoked). So far he is doing ok, just watching the footy, hopefully this time he sticks at it. I am about a week of not having had a smoke for 4 mths, YAY for me, I am so glad I gave up.

Anyway, I am goig to take a quick look around and then start dinner.

See ya Michelle

=D> YAY Michelle you have done such a great job!! I remember the first day without a smoke & now almost 4 months thats fantastic!

We've had a really sick house (STILL!) but amazingly I haven't gotten the main part of the illness, so I'm really hoping that I don't get it, because it just drags on. DH & I went to a movie last night while our friends stayed here & watched Matilda (she had just gone to sleep when we left for a nap) and we wound up having to leave after an hour because the cold air made DH cough & cough & he was sitting outside after an hour so we just left, how annoying! #-o Poor DH he was trying so hard to stifle the cough & just couldn't...

Matilda just has massive green slugs still coming out her nose... I'm covered in green slime! LOL.... but the worst is the coughing, she can't sleep too well so it takes an hour to get her to sleep & subdue the coughing enough to get her there, and then she wakes herself up everytime she gets into that lighter phase of sleeping ](*,)

ok...enough whinging about the sick...

I hope you all had a lovely weekend only 3 more days in this thread :shock: ... ahhhh well better plan this party!

=D> =D> =D> woo hoo Michelle!!!! congratulations on 4 months not smoking!!!!

Oh yuck Christy about Matilda's slugs that is LOL. And what a bugger on missing the movie, hope Dh feels better soon, it is very hard to stifle a cough, I've tried over the past 2 weeks and it just doesn't happen, fingers crosseed it doesn't hit you.

So what are you doing for your Princess' bday? As much as I don't want to know LOL I am interested.

I actually thought I'd start teaching Jessica to blow as she may be able to blow the candle if I start now LOL. And much to my own annoyance at myself, I have given her the walking trolley, and she can push it one way and then we turn her around to go the other way. As much as i want her to stay a bubby I gave the others the trolley at this age so it is a bit mean to not let her have it. She looked so cute pushiung it along. *sigh*

Hope everyone else is well, Kelly you only have 4 days don't you? Oh dear.

Thanks Christy and Dasch for the encouragement it is much appreciated. I have had so many opportunities to smoke but I haven't and I feel so good about that.

Have a good night everyone
    Cheers Michelle

4 more days and my baby won't be a baby anymore!!!! I went and organised all the plates, bowls, cups and cutlery today and the balloonns and helium tank So I pick the helium up on Friday for her party so we can blow up the balloons to decorate, should be fun! WE are going wtih pink and purple, we have Eyeore on the cake and pink writing and pink balloons and pink and purple streamers. I am getting a bit excited. Slightly peeved that some people can't be bothered RSVPing in time so I have a rough idea on numbers but nothing definate.

Asha has more teeth ... she has the corners of both bottom ones through and her top one and then instead of the other top centre she has the one next to her top tooth! Strange child!

Anyway just called in to say Hi ... I have so much to do that I need to keep moving. Sorry for the lack of personals but I will get back to do it later in the week ... I hope!

Cheers

Pietta Guest

Hi everyone!!

Poor little Matilda I hope her slugs get better in time for her first birthday. You know Christy when i first joined BB you were just about to have Matilda and i remember coming on every day to check if you had her yet... Amazing how time flies.

Kelly I know what you mean regarding Perth being cold!!! Holy Moly the last few days have been terrible. We went into Target and got a new sleeping bag for Ryley coz he is 77cm now and doesnt fit his 0's anymore. He barely fits the 1's!!! I hope Asha's teeth are easing up and she enjoys her Eeyore cake!! We are hopefully going to have a Tigger cake with a one shape with it- Big party happening here!!

How cute about Jessica and her singing!! I cant wait to make out words from Ryley. He has just started saying no- it really sounds like ner but we know what he means. How is she going with the walking trolley? I dont want to give Ryley those coz I want him to stay a bubby!! Just like you and Jessica. A HUGE congrats on not smoking Michelle. Thats awesome you should be very proud.

It must be so hard having DH away!! Poor guy with his luggage... You gotta love travel agents. Mind you normally they are good. I would be screaming i love you too so dont stress!!

Well Ryley is getting better. He is sleeping like a log now (touch wood) that he is in his sleeping bag. He slept from 8.30 until wait for it.... SEVEN this morning!!! (I remember pre-Ryley 7 was an early morning!!) so we were stoked that he slept that long.
    His coughing has subsided which is awesome. DH and I had our first exam today on Research Methods in Psychology- It is as tough and boring as it sounds... LOL. I think I did okay but DH did awesome so I am really proud of him. Unfortunately I have now got a runny nose coz I am stressed!!

I've had lots of people telling me how to parent recently and it is really peeving me off!! Both sets of parents are telling me that i should have more of a routine for Ryley and that I dont keep him warm enough and i dont do this and that and it gets me so mad. Anyway i feel better now, I know I am a good Mum and that is all that matters.

Okay off to bed now then, sorry for the long post

Pietta Guest

Oh Michelle I just realised I forgot to answer your questions AGAIN!!

We are studying psychology and Addicition Studies. Double Major. We have 2.5 years left at a university level. Then 3 years of honours and masters and then 2 years supervised practice... so we have a long way to go!!

Also Ryley is 77cm long (yep still tall) and weighs only 11.5 kilos. He has stayed roughly then same since 5 months he has just shot up.

Sorry it took me so long to remember!!

SOB!

Well it's good bye from us (for a while). My baby is now one and I can't believe it. SOB!

We had his party on Sunday, and after a shaky start (DP got pulled over on a last minute supply run, so we were all late!), it was a fantastic day. Sun was out, food was brilliant - thanks to the girls in the receipe thread!-, everyone had such a great time watching the kids go mental in the room I completely filled with balloons. Mitchell did not dissapoint, it was the first time there was so many of us together and he was in his element!! Entertaining us all with his charm and cheeky, cheeky grin. I thought he would lose it after missing a sleep, but he danced away with fairy bread in each fist like he was born to.

See you around!!

Lulu

Bye Lucy and Mitchell. Happy belated bday to Mitchell as well, and so glad the party went so well. That's terrific.

Pee- wow on those degrees, a long way to go but looks like you are both doing so well, and it's hard to study with a little one, I had Jordan 2 yrs into my 4 yr teaching course, but I still passed and did well. Don't listen to the doubters, Ryley is happy and healthy and developing nicely so you have nothing to worry about. jessica is doing really well with the walking trolley, but she is a mile off walking as far as I can see, so I'm sure she won't be walking this monthLOL Maybe in the next one or 2. Boo Hoo! I know I could take the trolley away but I feel like I am being mean by doing that when I gave the trolley to the others!

Kelly- the bday party sounds terrific, good luck with the organising and hope you have a super day. 3 days and counting!

Christy - is this 2 days? Wah! How are the slugs and DH, feeling better I hope.

Jessica and jemma have gottone into Jordans' room and boy is she gonna be ****ty when she gets home, her and Josh are going to clean his room and then she'll have to do her own.....I can see lots of sooking and yelling coming up.LOL

Oh well, hope you are all having a super day
    Michelle

It is 2 days! ARGH!!! Panic stations are on full alert...LOL... so what did I do today? I went to the shops and bought nothing for the party ](*,) ah well.... Matilda is still slightly sluggy, still not well enough to go to gym or playgroups *sob,sob* and is having major naptime issues in the arvos... hours upon hours of screaming and rolling around with her eyes closed and I just don't know what to do.... I'm trying to get her birthday stuff together but I'm not sure its going to happen... and its raining #-o I hope it clears up in a few days!

Oh Christy poor Matilda with the sleeping. What were/are you doing for the party? Were you planningto be outside? Hope it all works out. I am thinking of doing stuff soon, like buying plates etc, just so that I am not doing the last min thing and having to take 4 kids with me IYKWIM? Much less stressful.

Cheers Michelle

We were going to have the party at South Bank a BBQ outside near a playground... because there are a few toddlers who will need some entertaining ah well...must make a plan B...

mooshie Guest

:flower: Hi everyone - i offer flowers to you all if you let me join lol. Well miss lani is 9mths old today - wow 9 mths goes quick when their babies but not when you're up the duff lol, i have been reading a few posts and trying to keep up but it looks a bit tough - i will see what i can do.

Lulu - hi and bye we never got to know each other, happy birthday to mitchell, i guess we will catch up in the next forum seeing it goes for a longer time.

Christy hi and soon to be bye, like pee i remember vividly you due with matilda it doesn't seem that long ago. hope she is feeling a bit better and those sleeps get sorted out soon. it is a bugger when they are sick and they go all out of wack - you have to re program them lol.

kelly hi and soon to be bye too for you and asha, i also remember you having asha gosh it was a busy time last year wasn't it. the party sounds absolutely fantastic, and asha's teeth wow they are coming like crazy - she certainly is making up for it lol

kellee hi again, how are you and charlie coping without dh - how long is he away.

michelle hello again how is the family, sounds like jessica will be walking soon and good on you for still being off the evil smokes. i was in the middle of setting a quit date for myself and was about to buy the patches when miss lani got sick so i stressed out - i know it was only a virus and i shouldn't have stressed, but it was her first cold and i worry when they are sick especially after what happened to our jessie. so i am in the middle of making a new quit date - will keep you posted. btw how did aaron enjoy is trip up to qld - bet he miss you and the kids - i bet he couldn't wait home .

pee great to see you back on again, hope you stick around longer and chat good to hear ryley is doing well, don't listen to anyone re your parenting because you are ryley's parent's and you know him better than anyone else and i reckon you just do whatever works for yourselves and ryley.

okay now for a quicky update on the lovely lani. she has had a terrible virus since last tuesday, sore throat, cutting teeth and constipation (which goes along with her normal teething) she is better now and happy to crawl around and not be so clingy but for a few days there all she did was sleep, she would be up for max 1/2hr then want to go back to sleep again and she didn't eat and hardly drank any of her bottles. she was a bit of a rat bag the other night when she was getting better and woke at 1am i was up and down like a yo yo and nothing i did was worknig she would cry/scream then i would go in and she would kick her legs and laugh and put her arms up for a cuddle which i did as soon as i left her room she started again so i just said at 3am stuff it she can cry for a bit it last around 1/2 hr then she went back to sleep. she is now back to normal sleeping between 9am and 11am then 2pm to 4pm then going to bed at 7.30pm and waking around 7.30am so i am feeling human again lol. she is going great with her eating and she has 2 bottom teeth and 1 top tooth with the other top tooth just about poked through, i reckon another couple of days and another 2 bottom teeth threatening to come out so probably another week. she is still slugging around and will get on all fours sometimes but she finds she goes alot quicker on her tummy, she goes all around the house and i find her in some unusual spots lol. she has pulled up once but got a bit of a fright and hasn't done it since (am in no hurry there lol) can clap hands and wave bye bye but doesn't "talk yet" she has said mum mum a couple of times but the rest is babble we can't really work out.

anyway enough of this mega post - sorry for boring anyone, i will chat with you all again soon.

bye bye

Christy- I so hope he rain holds off for you guys and Matilda's party goes well. How many have you got? Plan B sounds like a good idea though.

Michelle- you're here! Gosh it's not fair, when are you getting Lani weighed and measured. It will be interesting to see how close in weight Lani and Jessica are. Jessica weighed 8.19kgs last time and was 68cms. OMG she will never catch up to Ryley, he is so tall! Bugger about Lani playing the other night. Both Lani and Jessica seem to have the same sort of sleep times. Arron had a good time in Qld, basically he fished all the time, and I never thought I'd hear him say he was sick of it but he said he had sort of had enough! One of the guys he was staying with was pretty big into drugs and all of them are pretty far out drinkers. they took a 4wd out and were being totally dumb, and Arron went off his head cos they were driving so crazily. Then the guy jumped off the back of the car into some shrubs and knocked himself out. Arron said he was just totally off his head. He also had a big argument with his brotheer cos he was on the roof of the car. I guess I can't imagine being that dumb, but I guess they are young, single and stupid! he did miss us, and would have been hapy to come home on the Sunday but....maybe he will listen to me next time he says how long he wants to go for cos he had wanted to go for 6 days and instead I talked him down to 5. MIL and FIL are heading up this weekend but will be staying with her brother and then going onto Mackay not Airlie, cos that's where Arron's brother actually lives.

Hello to Kellee- I hope you are not too lonely while DH is away. How much longer till he comes back?

ALso hello to Pee and Kelly
    Cheers Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi

i am doing nothing tonight as dh is at a work function (arhh those were the days lol)

michelle - my brother lives in qld and he is always doing stupid things taking his 4wd out to fraser and doing crazy stuff, i am amazed he his still with us the stuff he's done - at least he has settled down now seeing he is a dad and all.

my stupid crazy health nurse said lani doesn't go for another check up till she's one, we have a nice mchn at chemist not far from us on a tuesday so i might zip up and get a weigh and measure when lani is 10mths - then i will have a 2mth gap, the last 2 visits she only put on around 500gms in 2mths.

it does sound like ryley is going to be tall doesn't it pee - my ds who is 5 is quite tall - advantages everywhere lol, today he even went into the next level in the big end at swimming cause he can touch the bottom lol. i must measure him and see how tall he is now - dh is 6ft 3inc so i guess it runs in the family.

still waiting on my sil to have her 1st bub omg i can't believe she is overdue it seems like only yesterday she told us they were pg (she was due on the 10th)

oh and dh got the a okay for an upgrade of his company car - he is getting a ford territory \/ with the 7 seater option and we will hopefully buy it in 3yrs when he upgrades again, we have to put a little extra in for it a week but it will be great as i am allowed to drive it as well, and he even said we need the extra seats if we are going to have another one - ohhh maybe i could have more than 1 more lol.

well i am going to read around some more

have a good night all

Yay at the car Michelle, how cool is that! And lmao at the extra kiddies, you may end up with as many as me! Your MCHN is a real dope isn't she. I just go once a month to the open session and get Jess weighed for my own info, I just like to know. I think I can move Jemma to the booster seat, I weighed her and she's 14kg, now I just have to take a look at the seat again, not sure whether it is different to the one in the shops, cos they say 14kgs.

ANyway getting off to eat chips and sit with Arron
    Cheers Michelle

Default Can I join

Forum Name: Von
    State: Victoria
    Baby's DOB: 7th July 2004
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Natasha Marie
    Baby's Website: N/A
    Health Concerns: Had reflux, colic
    Notes:Induced 2 weeks early hbp, posterior 12 hours of labour emergency ceaserean

Hope it is ok to join.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast