Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #12

Bugger Abs, always the way, i missed out on my work xmas party last Sat cause I didnt feel Nixon was well enough to leave.
    I have agrivated a lower disk in my back and it lots of pain..... Dh was great last night he fed/bathed/put nix to bed and cooked out dinner, Then Nixone woke about 3.30am and wanted to play, i could barely get out of bed and struggled bending over the cot so woke DH and he took care of him.
    ive been to my osteo thismorning so hopefully helps but it hurts sitting/lying going from sitting to lying and lying to sitting, walking is the best atm so i have to try not to sit for long, but hard trying to attend to Nixon like this.
    Mitch- I agree my mission next time will be to carry bubs longer then what i go to with Nixon!

Talking

yahoo ryan slept through the night for the first time yay god i hope he does it again and again

Whoo Hoo for Georgie's first tooth!
    And Way to Go Ryan for sleeping right through and giving mummy a break!

Nixon has played on me today while i am TRYING to rest my back, he has been a little s##t!! anyway finally asleep hopefully through the night, last night he woke at 3.30am wanting to play but i couldnt get out of bed so had to wake dh to help.

Poor Emma, i hope her bug has gone now and has a better night tonight

abs Guest

Well done Georgie and Ryan

Yikes on Emma - hope she is feeling better now

Well I went to the pg get-together Jen&Jordy-less - no other dads there, several of the mums said they were supposed to be coming ahh well. Stayed for about an hour or so sharing stories and such. Bugger on the KK as it was supposed to be gender neutral and we got body butters. That's alright, it'll be me rubbing it into Jen, so thats a shared pressie

Have been spending this evening putting a couple of those mag-locks in... I hate kneeling on tiled floors when I'm wearing shorts

OMG....

Alexa got up on all fours last night & started rocking....... she is mobile enough rolling!!!!!

How long after the rocking did your bubbas actually crawl??/ That is... how long before I am running round the whole house chasing her LOL

mum21 Guest

Mitch - Declan has been rocking lots for the last month. He's caterpiller crawling atm. So not sure as I think it depends on each baby.

Mitch - Charlie has been rocking for about 4 weeks and has only just started to lunge himself forward but still not crawling.

Nicers - how did you put your back out - I hope it is getting better - I remember when Gav put his back out and that was bad enough and it was me that was doing everything - i can only imagine how hopeless you must feel at the moment. BTW - does Nixon always get up at night wanting to play?

Sleeping - I feel sorry for you girls not getting any sleep - charlie has been sleeping thru for a fair while now.

abs - hope jen and jordy are getting better.

Theresa- Yeah on the tooth - hope Em feels better soon and all your family is getting some sleep

Shazz -yeah on ryan crawling!!!!!

Well i'm at work all day so i'll be lurking around waiting for people to write back to me

Jac

*Phew*, so I should have a bit of grace before she really takes off LOL

Hope all those bubbas are behaving themselves for you!!!!!

Mine is a little devil at the moment, into everything & i think we have another tooth coming through cause she is really grizzly at night & screaming & stuff....

abs Guest

well so much for going on a holiday - I am now getting the start of what they still have We've moved our booking to start Australia Day (Fri Jan 26) through the Tuesday Jan 30th

Was supposed to go to a user group meeting (big bludge) this arvo... dunno if I'm gonna still go.

Jordy is not coping with being unwell at all... tis hard watching him cry and whinge We've got something to help loosen up the goobies up his nose, if only we can get the sucker up to suck it all out (like an oversized eye dropper)

Good luck with Alexa Mitch. Hope work isn't too hard Jac.

Abs- I found the applicator thing to get boogies out very helpful when nixon was sick. He sort of got used to me doing it & i think i became quicker at doing it so wasnt too uncomfortable.

Jacci- Nixon usually sleeps through the night, besides when eh is sick/teething, but he obviously knew i needed to stay in bed so he woke up ofcourse!
    I have no idea what i did to my back, i used to get this pain when i was pg so now just putting it down to bending over incorrectly all the time when i pick up Nixon....
    it is still sore today but sooo much better then the previous 2 days, i can get around and do things atleast. Im lucky our friend is an Osteo so he doesnt charge us anything and alwyas finds a time for us, if not he'll come to our house. he was coming to our house for Nixon's reflux weekly for about 2months, he is really good.

Nixon got the furthest up he has gotten on his arms last night! he really pushed up more then what he usually does, then he was bringing his knees under him (but not at the same time as pushing his upper body up!)

my gf should be here any min with her twinnies!! BBL

Nicers - That is great that nixon is really starting to lift himself up! Won't be long and he'll bew up rocking - have fun playing with the twins.

Abs - I don't like the nose sucker thing - when charlie was all snotty i used cooled boiled water with salt in it and put 3 or 4 drops in his nose and then sat him up - within 5 minutes of sitting up he would sneeze and all his snot would come out - charlie is such a sook when he is sick - he just wants you to cuddle him all the time, makes me feel very special!

abs Guest

Hi Jac, yes, when they want cuddles, it does feel pretty special. Sometimes he only wants me, sometimes he only wants Jen - sometimes he wont handle anyone but either of us - to the disappointment of the other people

As for the nose sucker, ours came with a saline solution that we put a couple of drops in, then leave it for a minute or two. We could only get one side sucked clean earlier today (and who woulda thought say 18 months ago we'd be talking about this sortta thing :P), so left the other side... 5 mins later it was dribbling down as you say. Just easier to clean up using the sucker

Abs - Charlie is a real little mummies boy - he wants to cuddle me all the time - gav sometimes just isn't good enough! hope his nose stops running for you soon

abs Guest

I would possibly suggest its because Gavin is away "all day" whereas I'm here at home... so he gets plenty of attention from me during the day

abs - i reckon that is the reason too

Gav is going to the fires from Sunday till wednesday - i will be like a single mum!!

Jacci- i hope Gav goes alright with the fires, they are preparing for the worst this weekend.
    Abs- LOL its funny how we openly talk about poos, boogers,dribble now isnt it! I have the fess little noses which i think it the same as what u got.

Had fun with my friend and the twins, i juts put a pic up on my website of nix with the girls, he looked like a giant compared to them! The smaller is on par with Nixon's size at their same age, its unbeleiveable i know we say it all the time but they just grow so quickly!

abs Guest

yeah, cool & damp thoughts to Gav Jac... lets hope the weather forecasters have it completely botched up (but I doubt it) And hope you do get regular updates from them

Tis quite a cool morning here in Sydney

We have the same thing as you Nickers, not that it really is helping much. We now can't get the sucker thingy anywhere near his nose... he just moves his head to much. Last night we put some saline in his nostrils then he wouldn't let us try and clean it out. We kept him vertical for a while then put him to bed. Checking on him about 20 mins later his sheets were soaked - must have all drained out. I picked him up & held him whilst Jen changed the sheets

And this morning he had trouble going back to sleep as his nose must be giving him heaps of problems whilst lying on his back

Fires - Its a pitty they have already lost 4 houses - i feel so sorry for them!but on a good note atleast no lives have been lost! Hopefully gav will ring and give me and update atleast once a day! I was looking at the weather and its still pretty windy - the CFA pager told us last night that the fire was peaking at 60km/h - bloody scary stuff!

Abs - yuck on the snot and saline everywere!!! hope his little nose cleans up soon!

Nicers - he is a giant compared to the twins - hehehehe.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast