Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #12

edited to get email notification - thanks

cool pics Jacci, we did the same with Nixon & the star!
    I've just uploaded the pic also.
    GOOD LUCK tonight!!

OMG My baby is crawling i am so excited i have had the pleasure of watching Ryan do a lot of firsts where as the other 2 kids i didn't as i was always at work so i was jumping around like a lunatic only downside is ... my baby isn't so much a baby anymore is he ??:frown:

Yah for Ryan Crawling Shazz!!
    Way to go Ryan

Yay for Ryan crawling!!

abs - if Jordy does walk before he crawls, just do lots of crawling with him & it'll be cool. It's very important for their coordination, it doesn't matter wether its before or after they walk - it'd just be harder to get them to crawl when they already walk I imagine My mum was always dyslexic until she went to some sort of classes - and they made her crawl around!! It sounds really weird, but it gets both sides of their brain to work or something. She's not dyslexic anymore by the way and reads like there's no tomorrow (making up for all the years of not being able to!)...Jordy will be a great crawler I'm sure

Very cool pics Jacci - I really need to get my photos organised....have to add it to my mile long to-do list, along with put the bbq together (got a new one YAY) and write my christmas food shopping list...

Theresa - glad Em is enjoying the christmas tree - good luck trying to keep her away from it! We have a couple of presents under ours already because MIL is going away so gave them to us early - Janae keeps trying to 'inspect' them, even though we've told her we'll take them away if she keeps touching them! They just get so excited...

Lisa - hope your back gets better soon. I reckon as far as aches and pains go, the back is the worst, coz you can't do anything...have you got help with Tyron? if not, let me know & I'll help u out

Hi to everyone else - I've gotta get a move on, Mark's got a short day today, so i don't have as long to get everything done - how annoying.

Have a great day

Bel

nicers - i thought it would be good to have a star photo like that. not long till u start ttc #2. I like your tree the snow theme looks good, I went with red and gold coz my loungroom walls are red. when we bought the house we bought it of some lesbians - they were lovely girls but had the weirdest taste in paint colours - my lounge is red - hall is purple - charlie's room grren - laundry mustard - and my bedroom and toilets are dark blue! the only normal room in our house is the kitchen and thats coz i painted it!

shazz - yeah on the crawling. i didn't know u had 2 other kids ( god i'm slow sometimes!!!)

QST of the day - do u heat your bottles up or do you give the bottle to your baby at room temprature.??? I give charlie his at room temprature - coz he was on the AR formula for the first 6 months and they say not to heat it coz it heats up in there stomach so even on the normal formula i just give it to charlie at room temp - unless its a cold night and i feel sorry for him having it not warm.

Well we lost netball last night - but it was fun the girls we played against were lovely.

Just about to go over to warnambool to pick up charlie's xmas presents - then we are going to get photo's with santa ( i am very excited about this!)

Have a great day everyone - its going to be a warm one!

Jac

P.S - charlie has a foot fetish! he always tries to eat your toes - it is horrible!

OMG Shazz & Bel, looks like it's a race between Ryan & Josiah as to whom can get the most teeth. Holly still only has 4 but I know there's 1 or 2 on the way. Teething poos & rash starting to come back.
    Oh no Shazz, is it from his teething? Hope he starts sleeping properly again.
    Thnx Bel, yep time surely does fly. Hope chrissy dinner went well.

Wow Amanda, Holly has past Abbey in the weight dept now, she's putting on heaps. Thinkin bout getting her weighed today.

Jacci u just amaze me with ur fitness, 20km, wow, PMSL at you talkin to urself. Hehe on ur wall colours. Bad luck on netball, maybe next time. Have fun shopping.
    Holly has some at room temp & some from fridge into microwave for 30secs.

Abs, yay on hols coming up. Oh poor Jordy, hope he's feelin better soon. Holly came down with a temp Sat arvo & has been snotty & sooky. She slept for 2.75hrs Sun midday & 2.25hrs Mon arvo.

Thnx girls. Nausea subsided so was the med's. Gonna try not to get too excited, hehe.

Hahaha Lisa, did they take a photo of eating his beard . Think we might do santa photos this wkend, can't wait. Hope ur back is feelin better.
    Shazz & Lisa, crawling, yay, oh but so know what u mean, Holly's crawling speed has increased alot over last few days, she almost does laps of loungeroom & hallway now, hehe, getting into everything. She was tearing up & down the hallway a short while ago & she keeps going for the USB keyboard cable hanging out the front of my PC. I need a play pen but haven't priced or anything yet.

Theresa, how cheeky of Em, hehe. No sign of standing here, apart from Holly doing the pushups onto toes or flat feet. She doesn't pull herself up onto anything, just tries to crawl over my legs sometimes.

Nickers, Feb will be here b4 u know it.

Xmas tree went up Sat night & Holly's 1st xmas bauble from Myers went on on Sun. Will take some photos shortly & post them.

abs Guest

Morning girls

Jordy is soo snotty this morning We are supposed to have our parents group Xmas do tomorrow arvo, so hope he is feeling better by then

Thx on the comments re doing the crawling too. Have any of you done anything to prompt them to crawl, or did they just start on their own ??

Yay on Ryan Shaz

Bottle wise Jac, we make several up at a time and thus put them in the fridge. We use a plastic jug half filled with hot water from the tap, so it gently warms the bottle. Usually if we put the bottle in the hot water then change him, its warm enough by the time thats finished - sorry to hear about the loss

back to work for me ....

Nah didnt do any prompting here Abs. The only thing I guess I did was give her short spurts of tummy time from 1wk old & she developed alot of upper body strength (well based on comments from CHN & mum's). Yeah no mum's group for us today too Abs, our xmas/SS giving day is Tue 19th. We had our mum's group night out Fri night & half of us (me incl) didn't get home til 3:15am, hehe. Fantastic night, lots of fun, think DH's would've freaked after hearing some of the stuff we talked about, hehe.

Very nice pics Jacci. Just added some pics of our tree too, but looks terrible compared to urs. Although looks better IRL, hehe.

Abs ~ my DD (12 Years old tomorrow ) would sit on the floor with Ryan stuffing his legs up under him until he would get the snippy's with her then would lunge forward then she would move all his toys and temp him with them ( OMg how nasty is she i didn't relise how awful she was being till i started to type this ) least he can crawl away from her now LOl

afternoon all -
    Jacci re Bottle I always warm DJ's bottle he chucks it if it isn't warm enough hahahahaha to about just a bit warmer than my skins temp as that was what my bb milk was like!

We have our XMAS do for my mums group tonight we did a SS will be interesting to see how all the men get along

QST: gradually i have been letting the bottles be less and less warm, basically Nixon has them cool or sometimes cold. was trying to get him used to this as it make it easy when we are out to have to worry about warming a bottle up.

LOL Jacci about the colours of the house! Although red is pretty cool, our feature wall in our bedroom is fire engine red and i love it!

Shell- Your tree looks great! Every chirssy tree is special because it is decorated with love and enthusiasm! Imagine how they'll look in a few yrs time when kiddies HAVE to do all the decorating!

we didnt have mums group today either cause our xmas party is this Sunday. doing a SS also and dads are coming, should be fun but think its going to be hot (in a park)

I know Feb will come around quickly, I'm excited about TTC as with Nixon although i was taking temps and knew what was going on were not not ACTUALLY trying! so although i know how esially it happened first time it may not be as easy 2nd time. And id like to TTC a girl to which i think will be harder with timing etc!
    Out of all of you with girls were any of you TTC for a girl??

abs Guest

there's a few IVF'ers amongst us nickers (KellyW was the only one with twins though) - so can't help there

Back to bottle temp, we also take a thermos when we go out. The size is perfect to plonk an avent bottle into it

Oh yeah, we have a $15 SS for our group tomorrow, and apparently a few more of the dad's will be there. I've quickly met some when we did a first aid course one Sat morning a few months back, and got to know one more at our Melb Cup do as it was at someones house versus going to the pub or a park etc.

Walls & Colours - reminds me of the house Jen bought in Canberra 2 years ago. Every wall in the lounge was a different colour - though all pastel colours. No idea of who was there beforehand. We managed to find someone to do it cheap cash-in-hand. Job well done actually

hehe, good one with your DD Shazz... I've kinda been attempting to put his legs up a bit

Nickers - my whole lounge is fire engine red!!! every wall! its a bit over the top but i really like the lounge.

Hehe that is cheeky Shaz, but it worked though & ur right, he'll be able to get away sometimes now, hehe.
    Cute santa hat pickie by the way. U gonna use that as xmas cards?

Have fun tonight Bec & tomorrow Abs.

Nickers, re: tryin for girl, no we were just tryin for a baby, so didn't care whether boy or girl Would really like a boy this time round though, but havent bothered with timing/temping/etc. Yeah statistics show that sperm live for approx 3 days & a follicle for 24-36hrs, also male sperm are fast but die earlier, female sperm are slow & live longer, so tryin for girl means DTD b4 ovul & for a boy, at/after ovul. As we had AIH/IUI (artificial insemination or intra uterine injection) we had to obstain for 4days b4 ovul (which was triggered by injection) & insem took place at time of ovul (or within 2hrs) so based on that, we'd be more likely for a boy & ivf nurse said yes statistics are slightly higher for boys with AIH. For 2-3hrs after I felt all sorts of wierd feelings, must've been ovul & conception. The timing thing isn't perfect & doesn't always work but it is based on medical evidence of sperm activity/life.

Nichers... we did TTC a girl & suceeded... i was jsut temping & DTD a couple of days before ovulation... I dont know if this actually worked or it was just luck... Dh already has 2 boys so it was cool having a wee girl... i would like a boy next time, but more than hat i would just like to be able to "cook" it lionger LOL.....

Alexa is into everything now...... so many tempations around LOL...

BB tonight...

hey all!
    well im getting worried af is late I was just talking to my friend cathy who is a medium and she told me not to worry Im not pregnant but your little girl said she wont be too long away she is just waiting for daddy to be ready. and she said not to get frustrated with Declan as he is missing her, and he is not sleeping because I feed him at night and to stop it just roll him on his side pat his bum and he will go back to sleep and soon enough he will sleep through. Smart little girl huh!

declan is sittin on the floor playing with some catalogues and trying to crawl he is funny! Still no teeth either we had a shocking night last night he woke at 2 and took to 3:30 to go back to sleep then woke at 5 and then 6 at 6 I brought him into bed with us and he slept til 7 but we laid there til half past Im so tired!

abs Guest

yikes Beck on the sleeping... they can be right little buggers at time, but when they smile at you, you cant help but melt

Looks like we arent going to the xmas do this arvo - Jen has a really bad cold caught from Jordy who is still blocked up but better than he was yesterday. I might go and pop in to swap KK pressies etc and say hello. We haven't been to pg in 4 weeks

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast