Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #13

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

My SS was norty and either didn't send Charlie's pressie, or it's gotten lost in the mail. Oh well!

Sleep: I was down with food poisoning yesterday and wouldn't you know it, Charlie was fussy all day! Luckily he slept almost all night! Lol!

Well, have a very Happy New Year people! May 2007 be better than any other year for you!

Sush... Hope your SS turns up soon (it wasn't me lol) and that it didn't get lost. And I hope your feeling better now.

Hope everyone has a great New Year tonight and heres to a fantastic 2007!

Whats everyone doing for it?

Sush hope you get your pressie soon - it wasn't me.

I am off to a party for new year - a very hoity toity one!! not looking forward to it really! - i'm going to duck down to one of my friends 30th also. Charlie is having a sleep over at grandmas.

Charlie went to his grandmas at about 12 - she had to go to wrrnambool and wanted to take him with her - so it was nice to have some just me and gav tme - we rode our bikes for about 17klm - in the middle we stopped down the street and had some lunch - was really nice - can't remember the last time it was just me and gav.

Any way - hope you all have a great new year!! - I'm off to wash and straighten my hair!!! theres about 2 hours gone - as my husband says!!!

Love Jac

Sush- bummer i hope Charlie's SS present shows up soon, i thought aus post was doing really well with delivering everything. Wasn't me though im sorry.

Tonight- walking about 10 steps to the neighbours house! Its a 70's & 80's themed dress up NYE party so just pulled out the daggys we wore to an 80's party back in july.
    Best part is when its Nixon's bedtime we will put him to bed go back to the party with the monitor which will still be in range & come back and check on him.

Im looking forward to when DH & I can drop Nixon off at nan & pops for a whole night, we havent had that luxury yet so enhoy it Jacci!! well we might be moving back to syd in 3-4months and babysitters will be much easier to find!

ok enjoy everyone & speak to you in the new year! Its been a pleasure to have gotten to know you all since having my little man in April, if it wasnt for Nixon's early appearance i may have never gotten the opportunity to meet such caring and considerate people which such lovely babies/children. Thanks for all of your support since that time and here's to an exciting 2007!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!

Looking forward to another fantastic year chatting to you all!

Hugs all 'round

Bel

HAPPY 2007 EVERYONE!!

Hope you had a great night.. this past year talking to you all has been fantastic and can't wait to start again.

I have some exciting news!!

I'm engaged.. Chris asked me last night! He was all romantic and took me for a picnic dinner at the lookout and proposed afterwards. I'm so excited!

Sounds like all our bubba's got spoilt, hehe.

Jacci, poor Charlie, sending him some more get well wishes. When Holly had her throat infection, she wouldn't eat lumps & was gaggingso just gave her milk or pureed fruit that day. Oh very cute, or should I say handsome.

Nickers, I agree, it is very scary when they gagg/cough/choke. Lovely pics too.

Oh no Sush, hope ur feelin better now.

OMG Amanda, how exciting, congrats.

Of course we remember u KelliC, u disappeared shortly after ur surgery, hope ur fully recovered now.

Can't believe the strength lil bubbas can have, tis amazing huh. Well Holly's pullin herself onto everything now & has had a couple of spills, but to be expected. We had a lovely xmas. Started spotting NYE, hoping to get a quick u/sound on Tue, even though I did with Holly too.

Happy New Year Every one!!!!

Nicers - that is great that you can go to your neighbours and you can leave the monitor on! - We don't use our monitor much - but i should now that we go out in the garden a fair bit.

Amanda - CONGRATULATION!!!!!! Sensational news! - were you expecting it or was it totally out of the blue?

Shell - Hope the spotting is nothing more than normal. keep us informed.

So now we have 2 engaged couples on our group!!! mmmm wonder if ABS popped the question at new year also????

Have a great day - i am actually not hung over which is great - just very tired got home at 4am.... I'll be paying for it all week - it is really warm in portland today.

yep another hung over one here! we didnt get to bed till about 3.30am i think??? Nixon was a good boy and slept in till 10am!! but he has just gone back to sleep now and i think i am about to aswell.

CONGRATULATIONS AMANDA!!!!! How exciting! So how did he pop the question was it right after midnight?

Shell- i hope the spotting is nothing to worry about.

Firstly Amanda HUGE CONGRATS TO YOU!!!! Thats wonderful news!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone!

He was pretty romantic about it.. He made me close my eyes while we were driving and drove up to the lookout. He then set up a picnic, and we had a nice dinner. He then asked if I wanted dessert and made me close my eyes again, and he opened a bottle of Moet and when I opened my eyes he was on one knee in front of me with the most gorgeous ring. It was a bit big so I need to get it resized but I will post a pic of it soon. So it all happened about 930 and then we came back home and had some frineds over to celebrate. I had no idea but everyone else had already guessed lol

Shell... Hope the spotting turns out to be nothing, but how exciting you might get to see bubs already.

Haven't seen Abs for a while, he must be recovering from chrissy and NY

oh thats so romantic Amanda, and well thought out too! Any idea when you will like to get married? Oh organising your wedding is so much fun! cant wait to see a pic of your ring.
    still feel like crap here, been doing nothing all day, tomorrow we are starting our healthier lifestyle more excersing, no more alcohol for a while and lots of fruit & veg! determined to stick with it this time because i feel so uncomfortable and dont like the look of myself atm.

Nickers - you and i have the same New Year Resolution - i just want to get back to fit and not cringe everytime i look at myself in the mirror!!!

Amanda - sooo Romantic - what a good boy!

BTW - I am still so hung over and now that charlie is crawling it is crazy running around after him when you sick

abs Guest

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Hi Kelli - good to hear from you again. Glad to hear you might be able to join in a bit more soon

Sorry to hear about the feeding probs Jac, and Mitch, sorry can;t be of help, Jordy is sleeping like a trouper

Nickers, yep, correcto-mundo... it was him - I was trying to throw you off I'm not gonna say who ours was as the "return address" gave it away even though the name of "April SS" (or whatever it was) was just to fool the postie. There's a piccie of Jordy's SS pressie on the Dec 18 photo's. A very nice top and pants

2 upper teeth for us now - still no sign of crawling, barely even up on his knees but certainly lifts his head way off the ground. We've had friends from Brissie stay for the last 4 nights, who have a 2.5yr old and 11month old (both girls). Guess who has been learning heaps of cool new things. This morning I caught him pulling himself up on the front of the couch. Got the next one (a few minutes later) as 3 piccies... Also added a heap of pictures today and some info on his website

We had already babyproofed the house for the visitors kids, so its basically all done Jordy wise - phew, what a task

Our New Years was pretty quiet... watched the 9pm fireworks on tellie whilst eating dinner. The others where having seafood and I was having a delicious piece of steak I cooked on the bbq... oh boy it was good. We then watched Flying High on the big screen with the other 3 sneaking off during the movie. That finished about 11.30, so I did a bit of work on Jens website and crawled in beside her right on the stroke of 12 and gave her a NY's smooch

The friends left just after lunch, so once we were home from taking them to the airport, we got a NY DTD in - finally. Too many kids about for the last few days. And several previous attempts have ALL been interrupted before anything too exciting happened by Jordy waking too soon.

Oh, NYE morning, Jordy woke at like 6am, since the friends kids were in his room, Jordy was in with us. So we changed his nappy and gave him a bottle, then played on our bed. At 7.30 he was getting tired, so back to his cot... Jen went back to sleep, and I came downstairs. Jordy slept til nearly 10am, and so did Jen. Wow, what a difference a few extra hours sleep made to her

Awww shucks Nickers, glad you felt welcome in joining in our little group. We all got to know each other during the pregnancy timeframe, and it has been brilliant being able to keep up with most (there's been a few dropouts - jmac, kellyw, jelliebean who I occasionally talk to on MSN, etc)

Sush, hope your pressie turns up - where is Lisa, she'll know who was supposed to send it to you

Woohoo Amanda (and Sooz going back a few pages now)... Assuming you can all keep it from Jen, well we have Jordy's naming day planned for March 25. I know certain members of my family are coming, so I am gonna pop the question on maybe Valentines Day... Jen is good friends with the celebrant, so we'll have more than the 30days cooling off period thing required. I do know where my birth certificate is - tis here on my desk (somewhere, I saw it the other day). So it will be a surprise addition to the naming day celebration then. Hehe Jac, I'd already written the above before I read your comment (typing it into notepad as I read all the posts then will copy and paste as one big reply)

Hope all is okay Shell

Amanda, been soo busy with keeping the visiting friends occupied and also doing some upgrades to Jen's website - me been a very busy boy lately - but now that they are gone, tis basically back to normal now

abs Guest

hehe, tell Pete he owes me a couple of virtual beers... that original webpage was a load of crud and I had to make a number of corrections to it - it was very sloppily written, but glad to be of service

And well, you'll hear more about the question closer to the time - so dont jump the gun yet, I only said something coz someone else was wondering if I had, so thought I'd clear it up. She still has no idea I'm thinking of doing this

wow - so much exciting news! Congratulations amanda & good luck abs!

Same new years resolution here Jac & nic - although apparently if you call it a resolution you wont stick to it?? (who comes up with these things?) so it's a goal over here that by chrissy this year I'm down to my goal weight (20kg to lose) & fit & healthy. SO determined this year, mind you having all these leftovers in the house doesn't make for a very good start

Theresa - YAY for Georgie's teeth & having solids. How's Em going with her eating?

My little man is crawling around everywhere & is pulling my cookbooks out of the bookshelf as I type. He's into so much more than Janae ever was, so he keeps me on my toes. I had to lower his cot too coz he's started pulling himself up onto everything.

SS - thank you SO much to Josiah's SS - I'm guessing Amanda? It's the most gorgeous little outfit - I just have to try and get him to keep the hat on. I'll have to take a photo & put it on the website. ATM tho, I'm trying to get a stain out of the shirt coz Mark ironed it & theres a little plastic thing on the shirt that he got to close to & it started to melt - I was so upset coz it's the most gorgeous little shirt, I've been looking everywhere to see if i can get another one, so if you can help me out SS....

Anyway, hungry children want their breakfast, better go. Have a great day everyone

Bel

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE!!!

I am glad to hear that everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Year, shame I can't say the same, I was sick from Christmas Eve and am only just starting to feel okay now. The little man was also sick Christmas Day so didn't make for such an enjoyable time!!!

Thanks Mitch for Tyron's SS, he loves it!!!

Congrats Amanda, that is so wonderful for you and very romantic...

Abs - good luck with the proposal, I am sure it will be another romantic one!!

Bel, Nickers - I am with you on the NY resolution, I got a bike for christmas and have been out on that, I am so unfit thouigh that I nearly die, but I wont be for much longer!!

Kelli - great to hear from you! I am glad to hear things are going well!

Sushee - I will check with your SS person and see if they sent it!!!

Shell - I hope the spotting is gone and that things are fine with the little one!!!

Well better get back to work for me! I hope 2007 is all that you want it to be and more!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast