Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #23

Default Babies Born April 2006 #23

This thread is for parents whose baby was born in April 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Astrolady ~ Administrator
    Sherie ~ Senior Moderator
    Dachlostar ~ Senior Moderator
    Lea13

MistyFying

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Baby Formula - What Manufacturers Don't Want You To Know
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids or formula.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Please note - To receive thread notfications click the "thread tools" button at the top of this post and click "Subscribe to Thread" there is no need to post in order to get notifications.

The Previous thread is HERE

Hi Girls,

We have a bike seat and helmet on layby for Sarah's birthday. think we might do an afternoon tea on anzac day for her coz dh will be playing football on her birthday.

She is now sleeping on a mattress on the floor in her room and we have not had visits during the night, but we do have a safety gate in front of her bedroom door so if she does open it she can't have run of the house when we are asleep.

Hey guys

Just a fly by to say hi before heading to bed.

We have got a swing set on layby for Declan's bday atm still thinking of what else to get.

He has been in a toddler bed for the last 1.5months (since we moved into the new house) and he is all settled into now, actually climbs into bed when he's tired and wants sleep which is cute.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Chat soon xxoo

guys i just realised it took us 6 whole months to go through one thread last one.....

things are going well on our end.
    Tyron is such a good baby, he just cut his first 2 teeth last week at 4.5months! he's been a little unsettled but handled it pretty well.
    Nixon has cut 2 of the 4 2yr old molars, he didnt handle them too well and i think the top ones are on their way.

I was thinking by age 2 Nixon's speach would have improved a bit more than what it has, it seems like since about 16months he has been speaking this way, im sure if has gone better over time, how quickly we forget everything once they have passed!

we have the hills swing set that was at MIL but had no room for it when she moved. i have asked my mum to buy the slide part that attaches to it cause Nixon just loves going down slides! he takes himself down the biggest ones at parks etc!

going to try and make him a "builders" cake which is like a construction type thing. def have to trial it first though

hope to hear from everyone soon.

Just popping in to say a quick hi and see how everyone is.

Where has everyone disappeared to these days?

Have my next appt with the Ob on Thurs so looking forward to that. Been listening to bubs heartbeat with my doppler at home but will be interesting to hear how fast its actually going, trying to work the courage up to actually request an u/s as I know the doppler can pick up the pulse of the umbilical cord but picking up the heartbeat in the middle of my belly and beating on the left side of my belly and also the right so now i'm curious lol.

We are doing a party for Declan's birthday so really should pull my finger out and organise it lol. He's getting a swing set from us and maybe a few smaller things but dunno what else yet lol.

What is everyone elses plans?

Been MIA Sorry... check my thread here...

hope all is well with everyone!!!

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/mess...while-yet.html

Mitch - I posted to you on the other thread. :hugs:

oh Mitch how horrible.....

Happy 2nd birthday to all the April babies! cant really call them babies after 2.
    we've got Nixon bits and peices, some Thomas stuff, Dora stuff, i am making a cookie Monster cake which should be fun!

we bought a house last week. finally, so it will be pretty full on for prob the rest of the year lol.
    settlement will be in 6 weeks and we want to do some renovating

hope you are all well

Just popping on to say Happy 2nd Birthday to all our babies! Can't believe they are 2 already the time has flown. Hope you all have fantatstic days with them and then pop in and tell us how they went.

So far we have nothing planned for Abbey lol, I can't find my cake cookbook and we have just been too busy with work. She is getting a motorised bike at this stage but don't know what else. I have to find this book and make her a cake, as we are having friends over on Monday for cake. If anyone has any psychic vibes about where it is please le me know lol

Hope you are all doing well and Mitch, I hope things are getting better for you. Talk to you all soon hopefully!

Hi

I thought i should pop in here and say Hi. I have a DD who turned two in April. I also have a DS who is 6 months old.

Looking forward to getting to know you all

hello nice to meet you!
    a few of us have 2 under 2!
    well now they are actually 2, My first son Nixon was born on the 17th April (7weeks early) and my second son Tyron was born in October and is 7months old.
    how are you finding it with the two of them?

Hi Nic

I am finding it pretty easy with 2 of them but that is just because DS is the EASIEST baby ever. He has been sleeping through since he was 2/3 weeks old from 9pm til around 7.30ish so that helps ALOT.

DD is a bit of a pain at the moment as she has some nights where she will wake up and scream for hours and hours and she will be kicking and wriggling all around. We are putting it down to a combination of teeth, growing and maybe night terrors. Who knows but it has got to the point where i dread night time

How are you coping with two?

hello guys
    havent posted in ages but need some help jesabell still has a dummy and i need some ideas getting rid off it she wont sleep without it and i need sleep to function
    HELP

cant offer advise but eager to hear the advise as i want to get rid of Nixon's aswell.

he only has it at bed time and does not get out of his bed with it, Tyron doesnt have one so that makes it a little easier, but even last night he woke and cried until i found a dummy and gave it to him.....

yeah the first 2 months were pretty much a blur with the two of them, i had a lot of feeding difficulties, but llike your baby my second is such an easy going boy he really does make things easier!

Do those with Dummy's have another comforter, like a blankie or favourite toy? we took the dummy away in one night, yes she whinged more but i knew it was only a tanty and the balnkie was there for her. she took about an hour to settle from memory. I ignored her and then after a week i tried offering her the dummy back and she was not interested.

Hi guys...

Still crazy here... Jeff still on crutches & not able to put full pressure on his leg....
    Im still surviving... gotta love energy drinks!!!!

Lexi is being a little monster at the moment & either wont stay in bed & we have a job getting her to sleep, or she goes to sleep ok & gets up about 3am.. GRRRRRR....

I miss the days of full nights sleep & a sleep in in the morning LOL...

We are contemplating #2 next year but will see what the new year brings.... Heres hoping 2009 is better than 2008 has been for us this year!!!!

Will try & have a proper catch up soon & post some new photos of my mini monster!!!...

Hugz

*Mitch*

Hi guys

Haven't checked in for a little while. Good to see the thread is starting to come back to life a bit more.

Welcome to the thread M2U2. Look forward to getting to know you.

Jes - Wish I knew some hints on getting rid of the dummy. If you find any let me know.

Nic - How's things going with you guys. How are your handsome little men. How is the moving & packing going?

Ali - How are your princesses? Won't be long and the new year will be here before you know it lol. I see you'll be TTC #3 then.

Mitch - I hope things with Miss Lexi ease up soon for you. How long do they think it will be until Jeff is back up on his feet?

Well for an update on me I am 25 weeks on Monday & don't know where the time is going at all. We had our scan at the begining of this month & found out we are expecting a little princess so we will have the pigeon pair.

I need to update my sig. We are bringing TTC forward to August/September.

DH is going full time in the army so he might be OS in January. we will be moving to either Brisbane Townsville or Darwin. we have put in a preference for Brisbane! Life is changing so much for us ATM.

My girls are both on ABs, Em has had a chest infection, and Sarah has conjunctivitis but overall they are well. Em has her dairy challenge this weekend which should be 'interesting'. So glad we dont have to deal with dietary needs for Sarah too!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast