Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #3

abs Guest

Hi Ladies

Well, here's hoping for night #3 of sleep. After all the fuss on Friday (where we couldn't even leave the house to go to the parents group), Jordy has been sleeping like an angel... both nights have only had 1 wake, ie bed around 6 or 7, up around 12ish, then at 6ish - woohoo !!!

Jen & I have noticed a change in his voice too

Had mum up for the day - and think I might have scored a parking ticket whilst waiting for her at the airport... bloody hell, was in a side street normally reserved for Hire Cars - heck there wasn't one in sight... Need to check whether the "Traffic Management" belonging to the carparking company can issue em... I saw him noting my number plate (I think).

Anyway, mum reckons he's grown heaps, and coped a heap of smiles. She sooo loves seeing him (pity she lives in Melbourne - well all my family do)

Will upload some more pic's to Jordy's site (eg swing) when I get some free time... Jen wanted me to come to bed now, but she'll be watching Big Brother, so I said I'll go after that

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, and to whoever was going to Qld, hope you have a great holiday

Nickers sorry ... I think it's the hormones (that's my excuse anyway =)

I think charlie has the flu. He is all snuffly and has been up since 1am this morning - he is grumpy and has a blocked little nose. i think i will have to go get that fess for little noses.

Panadol -v- Nurofen - we gave charlie panadol last week and we think he was aleric to it.
    So i will have to go to the chemist and get some nurofen has any one else had the trouble of there child being allergic to one or the other?

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi guys

Jacci, I hope it's just the snuffles and not the flu! Poor bub!

just back from Chartlie's imm shots, and I swear I think it was worse for me than him! He cried that high pitched 'I'm in pain' cry and I almost went to pieces God I'm soft! Don't remember being like that with my first three...

Right now he's just dozing on the bb, and seems okay, but I got him some Panadol JIC he does get unsettled later.

Mel, re the 'unblocking', Dr explained that pg causes a lot of expansion in your reproductive organs, and has been known to stretch the scarring that blocks the tubes, clearing the path, so to speak. He even showed me pics of two sets of twins born 15 months apart to a woman who had tubal disease, 1st set conceived by IVF, second set by accident! Her tubes were also completely blocked.

The only way I could find out for sure is with another HSG, but I'm in no rush to find out, to be honest. If it happens, it happens! If not, I've still got one snowbub left in the freezer!

Jacci, hope bub's better soon.

Theresa, hope u get answers re: allergies.

Sush, that wld be great if ur tubes have unblocked.

Thnx Mel.

morning all.

charlie gets his first set of needles today......... i am a bit scared for him. e also gets weighed and stuff so i'll let u know the stats this arvo.

we had a good night sleep last night. - fed him at 8pm and he woke up at 1.30am - i gave him his dummy and he slept till 4am then fed him put him back in his bed and he put himself to sleep (don't know how long he was awake for herd him gooooing and gaaaaing for a while - then i fell asleep.) and i am just feeding him now - so he has just woken. i can live with this amount of sleep!!!!!!

hope every one is well

Jacci wow Charlie had a big sleep last night! How good is it to get a big sleep yourself though! we went alright bottle fed 9.30pm top up BF 10.30pm and slept till 4.30am. it was weird i woke up thinking gee havent heard him, looked at the clock was about 25past, put my head back down and within a min i heard him starting to wake up...

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I just figured out why Charlie wakes up on cue at 11.30pm every night! It's when DH turns off the TV and the lights and goes to sleep. The sudden quietness must wake the boy up! Lol!

I never noticed coz I usually hit the sack the minute Charlie does at about 8.30pm. But last night I stayed up to watch the Socceroos and then was too pumped to sleep. The minute the TV and the lights went off, Charlie started to stir, and DH said 'Oh there he goes again'. Apparently it happens every night! So now I'm thinking maybe it's time for Charlie to move into his own room.

Jacci, snap! I also found out a few days ago that if I fed Charlie, changed his nappy, burped him and then just put him back into his bed awake that he would coo himself to sleep. Saves me pacing the room trying to settle him! Now if I can only get him to do that during the daytime! Lol!

nickers i think i jinx myself at night time. like u , i wake up in the middle of the night and think - gee he's still asleep and then 5 mins later he wakes up.

sushee- coz my charlie is in his own room now i don't mind if he talks to himself for a while.when he was in our room he used to talk to hiself all the time and it would keep me wake. i think i am very lucky in the fact that charlie puts himself to sleep during the day too, i put him in his rocker and then i might go doi something and come back and he is asleep. the only downfall is when he is hungry he is uncontroble to stop his crying - he will scream until u put the bottle in his mouth. and i mean scream!!!!!

groucho charlie - i sent a photo of charlie with a groucho mask on to a few friends. within a week i got an email saying "check out this baby" it had been sent to everyone and i had got it back - was very funny to open it up and see my own baby. i will put the photo on my web page - it will b a great 21st photo!!!!!!

Jacci, we had to give Janae nurofen as well coz she would just vomit up the panadol. I think you can give it from pretty early on.

oops, gotta go little man needs me, do more personals later.

Bel

HI everyone!!

Hope you are all doing well and all the bubs are doing well too.

We are doing great here. Abbey seems to be growing up so fast.

Sorry for no personals but i just have a quick question for Abs.

How easy is it to set up a random number selector on the computer. I remember that you did something like this while trying to pick a baby name? We want to have a members draw for chris' work but don't know how to go about it. We need to be able to add member numbers and eliminate some as well. If you could help it would be great but if yhou can't i understand.
    Thanks so much.

I will pop in to say hi tomorrow and catch up on all the bubby news

morning everyone.

Charlie had his 8 week check up yesterday.

Born - 3210g (7pound 1ounce) height 51cm head 34.5
    8 weeks - 5820g (12 pound 13 ounce) height 60cm head 39cm

He is growing great and she said he has unreal neck control - it never drops anymore -he can hold it up all the time. He had his injections yesterday - he didn't cry when they happened - but at about 1.30 am last night he decided he wanted to have a sook he didn't go back to sleep till 6am - oh well - he is back to his normal self today.

Charlie is getting Circumsised on saturday - my DH is taking him - i don't want to be there - it was bad enough watching him get his needles.

I had to go to the hospital last night to get 2 ingrown hairs cut out of my bikini line - i tell you what!!!! i have 16 stitches all up and the pain is worse than having your stomach cut in half!!!!

Theresa - i will check out the nurofen and find out when i can use it. - his stomach goes really hard and his poo is the colour of army green and he sooks all the time ( not like charlie at all) i went to the chemist and they said to try a different brand other than panadol - like the chemist brand - coz it could just be the mixture of ingredients and the other brand might have the tiniest amount less of something and he would be fine. The pharmacist wants me to try the panadol one more time just incase it was coz it was his first time. I feel bad giving it to him half knowing it could annoy him, or upset his tummy.

Seperation - Saturday night we went out for tea and i thought i would leave Charlie with mum.... I lasted a whole 2 hours and then i had to go home and see my little man!! - Gav said i was even getting pale - i had stomach pains - then the minute i seen charlie i was fine. Its not that i didn't trust mum its just that i had never left him before other than to play netball and DH would look after him - that doesn't count.
    All you ladies with other children - Does the seperation get easier???? - it felt like someone had cut my arm off!!!!

Anywho - i better go tidy the house - charlie has just put himself to sleep in his rocker.

Have a lovely day to all.

Hi All,

Nixon & I just got back from a mums & bubs aerobics class and it was lots of fun!
    He was by far the smallest & youngest all the other mums were saying oh cant believe how fast they grow! they all asked how old he was, i had to tell them he was 6 weeks early after saying 8 weeks old cause i could see they thought s##t he is smal!!
    Anyway there was about 17 bubs we put them on the floor in the middle & did work out around them. we did push ups over them, sit ups holding them they all just thought it was play time! it wasnt too intese work out but great to socialize & see other bubs. most were 4-7months

hmmm the old circumsision debate, ive just been chatting to my june buddies bout this, im still undecided, going to talk to Paed on Friday about it, DH wants Nixon to get done. what do they do? do they give them a needle to numb the area or something?

Funnily enough i havent suffered with the seperation anxiety? not counting leaving Nixon with DH ive been out twice and both times enjoyed having a few hours off.

Theresa- sorry you have to give up b/f when you did not want to, but as you said you cannot keep trying to eliminate things from your own diet & Georgie is happier then thats the best way to go. I hope your asthma is under control & feeling ok

Jacci- were the ingrown hairs that bad? i guess so if you needed them taken out @ hosp. ouch! 16 stitches was that just from cutting them out? was it due to the c/s?

abs Guest

Hi ladies
    sorry been MIA for a couple of days... been busy with work and stuff

Jordy had his shots yesterday, and was fine... the staff at the imm. centre were fantastic. one was keeping Jen busy, one kept me busy, and 2 did the shots (one in each leg). He sooked for a few minutes and then was fine

The nurses couldn't believe how adorable he was

Amanda, I can write something pretty easily if you like... it can even keep track of the names/numbers... someone will need to enter the detais initially though - do you have them written down somewhere. I can do the initial load if you like... the program can then maintain the list. How many members are you looking at ???

As for the big C... Jen was dead against it, I was probably more for it than against (guess most guys of my age would have been done), but apparently these days it's fairly rare, other than for medical reasons. And I have heard of males of all sorts of ages, even into their twenties and beyond, needing to be done. A thing that kinda made the decision was that with it being fairly rare, is that if Jordy was done, he'd be the "odd one out" when it came time to being around other guys - change rooms etc

Jacci, re separation - Jen had to go to Brissy for the day a few weeks back. She wasn't too good either. She was only at the airport (been away from home for under an hour) and wanted to come home again !! But she went, and she survived. Her mum was here looking after Jordy during the day til she got home... well holding and feeding him. I'd do any required nappy changes though. No way would Jen (or I) leave him with her without one of us being here. My mum on the other hand is not a problem at all (though she's a bit far away to do that without major organisation )
    Last edited by abs; June 14th, 2006 at 04:56 PM.

nicers - the aerobics sounds like fun - we start our mothers group tomorrow - that will be good - get to meet new people. the ingrowns were there before i got pregnasnt - i had been having IPL instead of waxing and it had made my hairs that soft they couldn't push thru.
    my best friend is called Nicers but i call her nackers - do u ever get that name???

my nephew had to get circ at 18 months old - i remember the pain he went thru. it was an easy choice by gav and i - plus my mum works with old people and she said they are always getting infections later on in life but it really is personal choice

Theresa, that's great news on Georgie's improvements. Hope u can get ur asthma under control though.

Oh no Jacci, I guess u'll be needing a nap today to catch up. Ouch on the ingrown hairs.

Sounds like u had fun Nickers, that's great.

Well the last 2 nights, Holly has done really well, gettin used to this cluster feeding. Tue night: fed about 9/9:15pm, put to bed 9:45pm, up 8:45am. Wed night: fed about 7:30pm, put to bed about 8:15pm, up about 8am. Still putting on weight nicely, was 4.8kg dressed Tue (10wks1d, usually deduct 150/200gms for bare). Went to 1st mothers group at CHC Tue & 4th mother's group thru private hosp Wed, great to get out. Everyone keeps sayin how small she is compared to their bubs, but I don't notice it, not until I come home & hold her & look in mirror, but she wasn't premmie & is still healthy & in acceptable range (25% ile).

shell - charlies head is in the small range so is his weight - but his length is long - i asked the MCHN and she said it just meant that charlie was going to be a small framed boy. I get people telling me all the time that he is soo small. - my ingrowns would feel a whole lot better if charlie didn't keep trying to push up on my chest and keeps pshing un my stistches!!!!

abs Guest

Shell, we too are getting better nights sleeps. Jordy is still crashing out around 6pm through til 11-12pm (Jen did that) - last night there was another feed at 3.30am (my turn) and he was up again at 7am (Jen's turn) - ie when it's my turn, it's bottle only, no booby milk

Jac, I had heard the term ingrown hair before, but had no idea what it meant... now I know, Jen doesn't touch her hair growth down there

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast