Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #10

Oh Kris, that's awful. Hope your feeling better, and your Mum is taking good care of you!

I was checking out the cafe today, but had my dog with me so couldn't go in to see the baby facilities - will check it out tomorrow

Kris, I hope you feel better soon. Maybe it's just a 24hr bug...I hope so ({HUGS})
    I love your new ticker piccy by the way. You look nothing like I thought you would!! LOL.

Hi!

Well, I'm feeling quite a lot better...I spent the day in bed. I'm thinking it's a bug now as dh is feeling unwell. Luckily so far the kids seem ok - I hope it stays that way!!
    Thanks for your well wishes!

Kaz - Let us know how you go - I'm sure it will be fine though!

Kel - Thanks! Is that a good thing or a bad thing?? LOL!!

Hope your all well - chat with you tomorrow!

Morning ladies!

Kris - hope you're feeling better and your DH doesn't have the bug.

Well Pip is currently in his cot wrestling with his Bear, its really cute. I also have a couple of "sprout" brand sleeping bags which have arms in them which he's wearing at the moment - I'm trying to work out how he managed to be so dexterous with his feet in them! He's picking stuff up and transferring it to his hands, very cute to watch.

Hope everyone has a good day

Hi!

Feeling much better today...Dh seems fine as well. I think he just gets it in his mind because nearly everytime I get sick he gets something as well - LOL! Kids are well also.

Dylans CRAWLING!! Omg!! He's a bit unco with it but he's definitley crawling - I can't believe it!! LIttle cheeky! He's also gone back to having 45min naps through the day...he had 3 yesterday and was so tired for bed but he slept a lot better. 2 wake ups for the dummy before midnight and then through to 5am - gave him 1 side only again and he was up at 7.20am and still had his normal feed so it's working well for us!
    I've also started him on lunch now - he gobbles it all up and is really enjoying it. He looks like he's gained weight in the last week as well which is what we needed so I'm going to stick with it now. I gave him the tiniest bit of toast this morning and after pulling faces seemed to enjoy it - LOL! A bit naught I know but Louis and I were eating it and he was just looking at us almost drooling - hehe.

Kaz - Ooh he sounds sooo cute! I can't wait to meet you guys next week! It's well worth having a couple of toys in the cot now isn't it? Can give you an extra 20min in the morning of them playing while we get to stay in bed!!

K - better try and catch up on everything after having a sicky day yesterday!

Hi Everybody,
    God it feels like ages! It seems everyone is doing pretty well we are about the same - Beau cut a tooth yesterday! he has been really super sleepy - he only lasts about half an hour at the moment without rubbing his eyes which is weird!! I find it hard to go out cause he is so whingy after a short time - has anyone else had a tired bubs with teething?
    Kel- our routine sounds exactly like yours (ps lily sounds like a cack)- Beau still sleeps every 2-3 hours - once he starts rubbing his eyes I settle him. How does everyone else keep your bubs up so long?? He is serious grumpy pants if I try and string him out - I was worried about this the other day after my MIL had some choice "advice" - that I should be keeping him up later (he goes down about 6:30-7) and that he should be sleeping thru! So I called tresiallian for some reassurance...dont MIL's know the right things to say to annoy you???
    Anyway I want to buy him a sleeping bag and a jolly jumper tomorrow - we are still having major wrap issues and I am back to wrapping him......oh lord! Kaz where did you get yours (bag) from?
    Way to go Dylan, Beau is soo close Kris, I found him under the couch before!
    Ok, better go, no rabbit tonight, pork belly instead with asian greens!!
    Hi Mel and Erin too and anybody else too I missed out
    xxx

Hi girlies...

We had a so-so day. Lil ended up with a fever yesterday morning after her needles the day before, at least thats what I thought it was, but it could be her teeth??? I just don't know...she was a grumpalump yesterday too. Today she's been better, but she's been a huge mummys girl which to be honest is driving me insane. She won't even let DH feed her her bottle. She woke up from her sleep earlier and DH said 'hello' and she started screaming. Little monkey.
    She's started getting up on her knees and putting her bum on the air today, very cute! She does it in her cot and burys her head on the mattress and yells, silly bugger, hehehe.

Kaz, how cute are our bubbas now. I laugh so much more now than I did pre-lily! I'm jealous you guys are meeting up! It sounds great. Wish I could meet everyone too!! I hope you guys have fun.

Kristie, glad to hear you're feeling better today. As for the ticker piccy...you know how you get a picture in your head of someone but its completely different to what you expected? Well thats what happened, LOL! Not good or bad just different, IYKWIM???
    I can't believe Dylan is already crawling! OMG...he's a clever chicken, WOOHOO Dylan! Lil has no idea, she still can't roll from her bely to her back yet! Well not all the time anyway

Jen, Hello! YAY Beau on the tooth!! Lily seems to sleep more when she cuts teeth too, actually she's been sleeping pretty well today and yesterday during the day, it's still usually only 40 mins in the day for us . So maybe she is getting more teeth?? Who knows, lol! I know what you mean about questioning what you're doing with their routines. Hence why I asked about everyone else...a few people have said things to me recently about Lil's routine like 'She sleeps every 2 hrs still??' and 'She still has 5 bottles??' (she actually occaisionally has 6 but I didn't say that!! And she only drinks 150mls at a time when it should be 200or more so all up she gets what she should be) and I started worrying I was doing something wrong. I should know better but...you know!! I know my baby and she's healthy and happy so I should just do what I'm doing! Same goes to you too, hehe. You know what Beau needs, so take others advice with a grain of salt .

Oh well that's it for now. Sleep vibes to all.
    Hello to all of you who I have missed

Kel - in my MG we have a couple of bubs who are still taking the booby 7 or 8 feeds / day AND solids ... then there's Pip with his bottle on 4 feeds (sometimes 5) and that's without solids - horses for courses I say.

Jen - my "sprout" one is from Myer, I love it. Also great in the pram and bjorn too!

Munchkin is grumpybum at the mo, I think there's another tooth coming through. I want to return to just putting him in bed and him sleeping! But he's asleep now, so I'm going to the land of nod too.

Dream pretty!

Hi everyone,
    I just feel so bad... I was clipping Olivias finger nails, when I got to the last little pinky. I was just pushing down on the clipper and she moved....then screamed I missed her nail completely, she has a cut on her little pinky and its a bit purple. Luckily I didnt take a chunk out. I had to feed her to calm her down and now shes asleep. GGGGRRRRRR. It was the last nail. I am sure she'll be alright, just frightened the daylights out of me.
    Hope you all have a lovely day,
    Love melissa

Oh Mel, poor you. She'll be fine, I think you just need to think about taking a lovely walk in this gorgeous weather and enjoy your day.

Hi!

Had a full on day yesterday with 2 parties!! Did really well though so that was good!! Dh and the kids came with me to the first as it was a friends...they both were such good boys - it was such a big arvo as well!!
    We're all out of wack with daylight savings - grr - Like we need to lose an hour! But at least it will be darker in the mornings now!!
    Dylans been only having 45min naps so I just had let him cry for a bit and he seems to have gone back to sleep again...hopefully!
    I'm still quite sick which I'm not happy about...just really nauseous all the time...might have to head to the dr's tomorrow.

Jen - Yeah on Beau getting a tooth!! Maybe he's going through a growth spurt or something?? I'm sure he'll start staying up longer when he's ready! Oh god...mothers or mother in laws and their advice - when will they learn?? LOL! I've chosen not to listen! hehe. Especially my mums! hehe. Dylan only stays up 2 - 2 1/2 hours mostly. Except sometimes for the arvo when he might be up 3 or more...depends on whether he'll go down for that last nap...

Kel - Hope LIly's feeling better! I think now's the time for seperation anxiety!!! I know if Dylan doesn't feel comfortable with someone he has a big cry! In saying that he' s mostly happy with dh though which is good! Well, except for in the middle of the night anyway!
    Some babies are just not rollers though! Louis never did...She'll do it when she's ready! Louis started crawling at about 7 1/2 - 8 months...

Kaz - Hope you had a good nights sleep!!

Melissa - Big hugs!! Dh did that once to Louis! I'm sure she'll be fine!! It's so easy to happen when they've got such little fingers...

I suppose I better try and get organised - oh grr- there goes Dylan...little bugger...

Chat later!

OMG we had an horrific day!!!!!!!! Lily has been queen koala, stuck to me like glue! I couldn't put her down she wouldn't eat or drink ...nothing!!! I am going insane! In her defence she is teething again, but ugh! I am absolutely buggered. Even after some panadol she's was still sooky. DH tried to do what he could but she would only stay with him for a few minutes and then she'd start again. She's had only four bottles today and about three spoons full of food. She wouldn't let me sit or stand in one spot for long before whinging she's been soooo exhausting. We went on two walks just so I didn't have to carry her around and to try to get her to sleep. Thankfully she's in bed now, hopefully not too many wake ups. Last night we had 4, and a 5.30 wake up. I'm hoping daylight savings might stop the 5am starts to the day! Anyway just a whinge from me today hope everyone had a better day than us!

Big hugs Kel - I hope she sleeps well for you tonight and settles down a little tomorrow! I would be frustrated also!! It's hard when they're like that.
    I had to cuddle Dylan to sleep tonight which I haven't done in ages. I think the kids are a bit out of whack with daylight savings and it's also quite warm in the house. Dylans such a sweaty baby that I think it's probably bothering him a bit!
    Have felt sick all day but a bit better tonight...
    Dylans been so cheeky today - crawling around and then I find him down the hallway just sitting up playing - he's really worked out how to go from crawling to sitting which is good. He's really stable now so i don't have to worry about putting the pillows behind him anymore!
    It's so gorgeous - Louis and Dylan were at the dinner table and they Dylan squeals at him so he copies back and they both end up laughing at each other - so beautiful! I so hope they grow up good buddies!

Chat later!

Kris, sorry to hear that you're still not feling very good, sounds like a good idea to go to the Dr.
    Thanks for the sympathy, but so far we're not having much luck... she woke up again at about 8.30 and I have just resettled her for the fourth time each time taking about 20-30 mins, this time after a bottle and some nurofen It's gonna be a loooong night I think. It's warm in our place too being on the top floor, and she's a hot and sweaty bub too, but she's not usually bothered by it, and I have the fan on in there. She's just sooo unsettled

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG there she goes again..................I'm going to go batty

Hi!

Kel - How did you go?? Sometimes it's easier just bringing them into bed with you although that doesn't always work either...

We had an ok night...the best part? The kids sleeping in until 7.45am!!! (would have been 6.45 normally!) LOL! Woohoo - gotta love daylight savings for that!!

hey Kel, hope things went better for you overnight.
    Kristie, are you going to the doctors today??? I hope you're feeling better....wow on Dylan crawling around and sitting up, what a clever little monkey.
    Olivias finger is fine. I just felt so terrible though. Shes back sleeping well, although daylight savings has meant shes been going down at 10pm...hopefully it will get earlier. I am not too sure how it works for bubs. Shes rolling freely both ways now and is trying her hardest to crawl, although most of the time she ends up going backwards!!! I can feel her teeth down the bottom, but I dont think they will cut soon, but you never know. Shes not constipated anymore, now her poos are a bit runny. Other than that shes fine. She'll be 7 months on Thursday, where does time go????
    Better run and enjoy the sunshine
    Take care...
    Love Melissa

Hey Ya'll,
    Couldnt sleep last night as Dh is away again...got to sleep at 11 and bubs woke up not long after then was unsettled in with me till 6...GGRRR....although six in the clock looks better than 5...
    Mel - dont worry i sliced a little bit off Beaus finger once too - not much but it seemed to bleed so much! I know how you feel...
    Kel - god I hop Lil cuts them soon and gives you some rest...
    Kaz - I must see this bag! It goes in the bjorn???
    Kris - go Dylan sitting up and crawling- what a star! Are his sleeps any better now you have him unwrapped?
    We just got two ceiling fans installed - one in bubs room and ours - our AC is broken at the moment - did I say it leaked into our tv and now they are both stuffed?
    DH went to drill inyo our archway to put the jumper up yday but it is a metal archbar!! Have to wait another week until he can put a bolt into a truss in the ceiling...bubs had a test run in our bedroom door way and he loved it!
    Oh and my other exciting news is that DH has bought me a surprise weekend away on the gold coast at a spa in a week or so - I leave on the friday at lunch time and come back sunday night...cant wait! It makes us sound filthy rich but I just finished counting up the coins in the coin jar to cash in tomorrow!! I am soooo broke! But I had a big spend on the weekend at an awesome homewares sale and bought just what I needed! Cushions!!! Like a hole in the head...

Hello ladies

Wow Kris, that's amazing that he's crawling and sitting!!!!

Mel - it can't be 7 months already, can it? WOW.

Jen - I've put a photo of our sleeping bag thingy into my gallery - its by brand "sprout" and cause its got the hole for safety straps (in a car seat) that just feeds through too. (I've just counted out the piggybank for nappies! thank god wednesday is payday)

Well, the pharmacy didn't mind $5 in 20c pieces ... and Safeway took my $17.80 in 20's too
    Last edited by Kazbah; October 29th, 2007 at 04:50 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast