Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #10

Hugs to Jen and Tiffanny. Hope everything settles very soon.
    I had a great day today, food was great, company was even better, was a pleasure to meet you. Hope Pips other tooth comes through quickly and painlessly.
    thankfully Olivia slept all the way home, I popped her on my bed and i lay there with her....next thing I know it was 5pm. I love nana naps
    Take care all,
    Love melissa

Well we have finally gone back to normal...no more devil baby! No new teeth though . And Lily slept til 6.30 too, woohoo!
    Hugs to all of you having a tough time. I hope things sort themselves out for you.

Phoebe has had what I thought was a heat rash the last couple of days but this morning it was all over her. I finally got a dr's appoinment and she has a form of the measles which explains alot of her behaviour over the last week or so. The dr said there isn't alot I can do, which doesn't make me feel any better when she is screaming her heart out. Just have to try and keep her fluids up-she doesn't want to drink coz she has an inflammed throat, and keep an eye on her temp.

Any comments/advice on what I can do to make her more comfy would be warmly appreciated. I just dont know what to do.

Oh TIffanny! You poor thing - and poor Phoebe too. I have no suggestions, but to keep giving her your love.

Hi!

Sorry I've been missing....just with being sick and everything I'm so unorganised...house is finally tidy but bedroom is a pigsty still and I desperately need to do some washing!! I was planning on doing that today but by the time we were out in the morning with gymbaroo and then I ended up having visitors all afternoon I had another day of not much! LOL!
    Boys are good..Dylans crawling around everywhere and being lots of fun. We've been making each other laugh lots and him and Louis have been having lots of giggles as well which is gorgeous!!
    Hmmm...if his sleep gets better (which doesn't look like anytime soon! LOl!) I think I may start feeling a big clucky again!! hehe. It really is such a gorgeous age though!!

Ok - I'll try and catch up!

Kaz - Was great to meet you guys on Wednesday!! I had a great time! Little Patrick is sooo gorgeous - what a cheeky big smile he has!! Was a gorgeous place there too!

Melissa - It was great to meet you as well!! Little Olivia is jus gorgeous!! Her and Louis has such nice cuddles! Hehe.
    Yeah for the nap after you got home!! Louis and Dylan slept all the way home as well. I had to go and do food shopping - grrr. Dh and I fell asleep on the couch last night though!! I havent' done that in ages!!

Jen - Big hugs...I hope you're getting a bit better sleep!! I'm not too far behind you - I think most nights Dylans up around every 2 hours and lately he's been feeding at around 1-2am again...grrr. I just can't feed him any more solids - he already eats heaps - and I'm giving him 5 milk feeds...grrrr.
    Geez - sounds like you've got more work to do with your mum being there!! Some bubbas are just horror sleepers...louis was the same - took him until 9 months before he started sleeping for longer stretches.
    Maybe you could consider going to sleep school?? I've been thinking about it with Dylan...

Tiffanny - Big hugs as well...it really is hard when they wake up so much. I had Dylan waking up earlier and I went in and he's even got his dummy in! I'm not sure what he wanted me to do because I don't wrap him...hehe. Just gave him a pat...He's been up every 45min tonight since he went to bed...I hope he settles down soon...
    There's nothing worse than a bubba not going back to sleep after a feed!!! It's like the one things thats meant to work all the time! LOL!
    OMG - Just read your last post - the poor little thing having measles!! I hope she gets better soon. I'm sorry I'm not sure what you can do...

I heard if they're waking for the dummy it can be a good idea to put a few in the cot and they're more likely to be able to find it on they're own!! Haven't tried it yet but I probably will soon!!

Kel - Yeah on Lily sleeping well for you! I hope she keeps it up!!

K - I'm off to bed - I'm sooo tired!! Chat later!

Hi GUys,
    Bit better last night and DH is back so he got up to feed bubs at 11, he was up for an hour with him! Oh well they got to re-bond and I got a little rest...
    I will try that wrap Kaz, I am desperate to get him out of it, I bought a massive muslin fish lilly one today and that lets him get his wrapped hands to his mouth without freeing them so it might be step 1....I think B likes to sleep on his side now and that is the prob cause he wakes himself on his fat tum...
    He is 9.1kg and 72cm long!!!
    A friend with a tiny 2month little girl came over for cups of t today and she was TINY in comparison!
    Tiffany - gosh, poor bubba! At least you have a reason for the wake-ups now, the only suggeation I have is give Phoebe a nice coolish bath and let her suck on a flannel - she might get some fluids that way?
    Mel - love nanna naps! Bring em on!
    Kel - glad the beezlebub has just turned back into bub for you he he...
    Kris- I know I have been thinking about sleep school but I called tresillian the other day and she (the midwife) seemed to think I was on the right track!! I know what you mean about the solids! Beau would eat everything I give him - I still maximum give him 2 tablespoons tho - when does that increase? Gradually? I have gone back to putting some farex in tho to try and give it a bit more substance -he is a veggie boy tho which is nice - I have also given him some full fat yoghurt which he LOVES...
    OK I am going to have a tim tam and watch sex and the city for a treat
    xx

Greets Kris / Sam / Everyone!

Well we thought we'd go to Peter Garret today (as our mothers' group was cancelled) and Pip screeched through the speeches. So I didn't hear much.

Jen - how huge! And the little girl would be tiny!

Hey when you give the bubs a cool flannel to suck on, how do you clean them ?

Kris - it was so lovely to meet you, glad your house is back in order.

Anyhows, I'm off to try to wash Pip's clothing before we totally run out
    !

Hello Ladies,

Tiffany, I'm sorry to hear Pheobe is sick, poor little monkey. Maybe try giving her cold water to drink, with an icecube in it, it might soothe her throat a bit? I hope she feels better soon. At least you know why she's been a porkchop lately!!

Kris, I've been really disorganised lately too, though the last few days have sorted me out! As for the dummy theory, I tried it the other day as Lil was waking every 45mins and one time I went in there and she had a dummy in both hands and was crying!! As soon as I picked her up and snuggled she stopped crying, shut her eyes and was happy. So for us, I don't think it's the dum, it's me! Very nice to feel so needed, very annoying to be so nedded, hehehe! I hope Dylan sorts himself out soon...

Jen, you poor chicken! Maybe sleep school is a good idea. I have been thinking about trying to get rid of the dummy and rocking to sleep here. I don't know how well I'll go with listening to her cry though, cause I know that's what will happen...not sure what to do, I guess I'll get to the end of my tether one day and decide one way or another! I hope Beau settles for you.
    Lily is on two solids meals a day now. She loves her solids now and seems to have gotten the concept of eating really well after a rocky start!! I made up some mixed veggies with a little chicken in it the other day, but we are yet to have any. She eats about 3-4 tbsp each meal now. For breakky, she has fruit with a bit of weetbix & formula mixed in and dinner is mixed veggies. The farex seems to make her constipated, so I don't give it to her anymore.

Well, I have been good and Lily and I have an understanding the past week or so of what her routine should be, LOL! She has a power nap at about 8ish, then she eats breakky, we get dressed, and go to the gym. She sleeps on the way home at about 10.30ish and I go to the shops if I need to. She then has a longer sleep at about 12.30-1ish, usually about 1 1/2 hrs, when I clean/eat/study. She is then up til about 4.30ish and is very excited/animated at this time! Another cat nap, then dinner. Naked play time and bath time at 6.30/7, massage, bottle and bed by no later than 8pm. She usually wakes at 12-1am for a feed, then up at 6-6.30 lately. I quite like this routine, and I hoe she doesn't change it too much!

Ok that's it, hi to everyone else, I hope all is well.

Well her rash is all but gone-she still has a little bit left on her girly bits. She is slowly perking up but isnt still quite right. I've kinda pinpointed who she got it off, given the time frame incubation period and who she has been in contact with puts it back to a friend of mine who popped over with her son about a week and a half ago. He is 6 and could just be a carrier.

Jen - thanks for the flannel suggestion it worked a treat with her and the bath seemed to calm her down a bit too.

Kel- Thanks I tried her with the water in her sippy cup with an ice cube in it lol she was more intent on shaking it to make a noise than drinking the water.

Kaz- I thought about it and best way I could come up with is to wash in a mild detergent, rinse really well then pop it in a pot of boiling water for a few mins.

Since the sippy cup was a no go I decided to try her with a crushed ice cube wrapped in the flannel. It kept her occupied for quite a while and I think she got most of the cube as it melted coz she wasnt relly wet/damp afterwards.

Hey Guys,
    Glad Phoebe is better Tiffany, I am so happy the bath and flannel made her feel better! I must admit Kaz I am not that fussy with washing them! Hope thats not too bad but I just think he is sucking everything now he is commando crawling so I think steralizing in my house (dogs and dust!) maybe getting a little redundant!
    Hey Kel that routine sounds great!
    Beau has been pretty good the past day - last night he went down at seven and I gave him a 'dream feed' (first time) at 10 -then he woke at 2! 6 total hours of sleep uninterrupted! Then DH yelled at the noisy neighbours at 4 and woke bubs so i was up and down with him til 6:30am...
    Ok better run - DH is in a handy man mood and I am capatilizing on it!

Hi!

Well...Dylans still sleeping like a horror!! Dh gave me a sleep in today thought which was nice - and brekky in bed!! So I feel a bit better but it's still all so broken!

Jen - He's a big boy!!! Yeah, I would be increasing his food slowly...Dylan has about 200-250g food each meal now! LOL!! I've been really slack and haven't given him any meat or chicken yet so thats next on my list!!
    Hope both our bubs are sleeping better soon -hehe!
    Ooh just read your last post - Yeah!! Hopefully he keeps it up for you...I was thinking about trying Dylan with a dream feed before I go to bed as he usually sleeps quite well after his sleep in the morning....

Kaz - Did you get the thunderstorms last night! One clap of thunder woke me up and I jumped! hehe. So funny that the kids slept through that though...
    I'm the same - the kids have no clean clothes at the moment...now with the rain I probably won't get anything dry either...oh well...

Kel - Funny you say that...I keep blaming the dummy and quite a few of the times Dylan wakes up now he's still go it in his mouth!! He's just crying anyway!!! GRRRR!!!
    Well, we'll see - if they start sleeping better around 9months it will be that they love their mums too much - thats apparently when they learn the whole seperation thing and even though mums not there she's going to come back etc etc...
    Sounds like you have a great routine worked out for you guys. Actually I think that may be a bit of our problem as well...we don't really have any great routine at all....must work on that!! Although in saying that our night time routine is good so no excuses for him to not sleep well at night! LOL.

Oh yeah..I got this great new multigrain cereal thing for bubbas...it's really good...I'm going to finish of that and the rice cereal I've got and then start introducing weetbix I think. He has so much that we go through those little boxes to quickly - LOL!

Tiffanny - Glad that she seems on the mend, poor little thing...

Chat later!

Kris - no thunder heard here - I love listening to the rain though.

Put Pip to bed around 9:30 but he was down a feed so I stayed up until 1am but he didn't wake. Woke though at 3:30 and was satisfied with dummy until 4am then OK with teething gel until 4:30 when I finally went downstairs and got him a bottle. I didn't get back to sleep until 7am though
    Yesterday we did 2 feeds for the first time - rice cereal and stewed apple for brekky & carrots for tea. Today I had a mango for lunch, I gave him a little of the juice on my finger and he seemed to love it! But tomorrow night we'll try pumpkin.

Have been looking into the modern cloth nappies (MCN) a bit lately, DF and I are going to get a starter kit of 2 nappies and a pair of swimmers hopefully very soon. Is anyone here using cloth? If so, what types?

Kel - great on your routine! I can do a routine from Mon - Fri but DF puts it all out of whack on his days off.

Jen- I looked over from the puter to Pip's cot, and he was patting one dog's chin and getting licked on the nose in return. But we try

Ohhh, found this cleaning tip if anyone's interested - to clean soft toys, brush bi-carb of soda into the toy and then let sit, then brush out again ...

Hey,
    Beaus second bottom tooth has popped up - I cant help laughing when he cries now because his first tooth is so visible and it looks so cute!
    Pretty unsettled last night but so he is sleepy today...I have started cleaning out my wardrobe..eeks!
    Beau is very vocal now and we can have littke "oh" "agh" conversations which are quite funny for the neighbours I am sure...
    Ok gotta get on and make tea B is waking up from his second 2hr nap! Unheard of!

How cute Jen! Pip's second tooth also decided to stay out since about Saturday!

Today has just been visiting rellies etc. They love his tooth too

Hello all,

Well we have been good these past few days. Lily has been an angel. Lastnight she went to sleep by herself in her cot at 6.30pm and was asleep for the night until her bottle at 11.30, then slept until 5am, up for another bottle then asleep again until 6.30!! Woohoo....I was sure I'd be up at some ungodly hour with her because she went to bed soo early, but we were up at normal time. She must have needed that extra hour. She also went to sleep in her cot for one of her day sleeps, which was an hour and a half long. She must be going through a growth spurt or something. SHe hasn't fallen asleep in her cot on her own for months now, I'm hoping this is the start of her going to bed on her own.....wishful thinking!

Tiffany, I'm glad Pheobe is getting ebtter now, poor little munchkin!

Jen I'm glad to hear Beau has been better for you with his sleeps. Grr at the noisy neighbours, you should have told them to look after Beau since they woke him...LOL!! Jen I have had the same thought process as you, Lily is licking/eating everything she can get her little mouth on so I'm not too worried about starilising dummies, etc anymore...build up her immune system! I hope you got lots of stuff done with your hubby's handy man moment. Yay on his next tooth!! We have little conversations now too, but Lil's favourite sound is 'g'. As in 'go'. She will repeat it over and over and it is driving me a little batty, thought at times, I really have to laugh at her!!

Kris, you lucky woman, a sleep in and brekky in bed!! As for the weetbix, I give Lily oatbrits (similar to weetbix/vitabrits) mixed with apples for breakky and she loves it. She hated the rice cerial as soon as she ate it so I still have a whole box in the cupboard that she won't eat! Even mixed with apples...I hope Dylan's settled down for you, you're not having much luck with his sleeping are you? Hopefully he works it out soon.

Kaz, I hear you on DH putting your routine off. My DH does it too, even if we're home for the day, everything still ends up out of whack! The only thing I make sure happens everyday is that she goes to bed at about 7-8ish. As long as she goes down at that time, she's right the next day. If not were out for a while before she gets herself sorted out again, IYKWIM. And yay for Pip's second tooth too!! Lily's are getting so big now, I can see them both all the time now, so cute!!

Ok gonna go and be domestic....

Well today has been a write-off. Last night Pip was sitting up in between my feet / legs and I blinked and didn't catch him when he face-planted into the ground. About a half hour later he stopped crying and after checking his pupils and stuff, we fed him to sleep. But his eye was all puffy and swollen. Thank goodness there's no black eye today!

He's also had a mild constipation and woke with tummy pains around 2:30am and I finally got him back to sleep around 4am. *sighs*

Today he's just been whining non-stop, I think his teeth are also hurting, but at least we've had poo. Complete with carrot! Poor little thing ...

Managed to get a bit of housework done by putting Pip on my back in his "carryboi" which is possibly the most stupid carrier out there for the back travel - there's like a thingy that crosses over but is stitched like a yoke, it really "lifts and seperates'! Plus I couldn't put Pip on by myself, I had to get DF to put him on for me.

Tomorrow we get our first MCN's from Kimbaz! So excited! Been trying to explain them to DF who wants a silly cost-benefit analysis almost *rolls eyes*

But Pip appears to have settled quietly, he's playing in his cot which means I may, just may, be able to finish the vacuuming ...

Have a good day all!

LOL, Kaz, I can just imagine you vacuuming with Pip on your back and your bb's 'lifted and separated........sorry but the image I have in my head is priceless! hehehe

hey everyone,
    havent been in for a bit, we were supposed to go away but didnt, long story. Olivia has been a grumpy bum, with a mild temp of 37.8. Settles with panadol and bojela. Alls good otherwise, will do personal another day, hope you are all well.
    Love Melissa

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast