Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #18

Hi girls,

Wow, two posts in a few days!! Yay! I have had 2 days off work, soon to be 3, so thats why I have time. I so wish I didn' have to work at the moment. Even though it's only 3hrs a day and I do like it, it just takes upso much time to get ready and get there! I think it probably takes 3 hrs just to get lunches, the kids and me ready and to mums/daycare and me to work! Such a PITA for 3hrs work...but I have to do it and it just covers all house hold expenses and bills, which at the moment is unfortunately as good as it is going to get! Anyhooo......
    We had an ok day today considering the kidlets are still sick. Lily is a monster with Liam though, and is getting really possessive of everything. She will YELL at the top of her lungs at him 'NO MINE, LI, GO WAY!!!' if he comes near anything she doesn't want him to have. And today I was singing a song off the tv and she was yelling at me 'no mine mummy, mine...' and started crying, sobbing, pointing to the tv. It took me a while to figure out she meant the song I was singing from tv was what she was talking about!!! Crazy child!
    DH even let me have an arvo nap with out rolling his eyes when I asked if he minded if I did, and I slept for 3hrs!!! I was so tired though after a few nights of really pathetic sleeping from the kids! Hence why I'm still up!

Dis, yeah my hatred for soccer is a bit of resentment, that he gets to go to training once a week for 3hrs, then one a match day he's away for hours....usually about 4hrs, then sometimes calls to tell me he's at the pub with the boys. I'd just love to have that kind of freedom and guiltlessness, kwim? I've never really played team sports, except at school so it's nothing to do with me wanting to do it, just wanting time completely alone to do something I enjoy for me and me alone. But I also just don't like it, I find it so boring and just can't follow it.
    Thanks for the heads up with the kids illness. I have been pretty worried about Lily. But she seems to be abit better today. The antibiotics and prednisone seem to have kicked in. Liam doesn't seem to have the bronchiolitis, just a upper respiratory infection the Dr said, but I'm keeping vigil! He sleeps with me anyway so I listen to him and check all night.
    Yay for overlapping sleeps! I love it when that happens. Not very often here, but it's heaven when it does. Even if you can't sleep, at least you get time for yourslef, even just to eat a meal alone!

Kris, sorry to hear you're all sick again, that sucks. We are too. I think it's just that time of year for it unfortunately.
    How exciting that E's nearly crawling!! Liam is just about ready to try to walk I think! He has started to get heaps braver with letting go of the furniture to grab hold of the next bit of furniture (kwim??!!) and today I *think* I saw him take a step out of the corner of my eye!! He's just growing WAYYYYY too fast for my liking!
    I'd love a meet up at a health retreat! If I win the lotto, I'll shout everyone too, LOL! OH how much fun we would have....
    Yay that you got that grant how exciting for you to be starting on this journey! It will be tough going with three babies!! But if you really want it, it will get done. Sounds like you will need a roster and some serious time management skills. I am so useless at time management!

Jen, well, it's not that bad with two. You just get used to it. You think with one that you will never cope, but when you have two, you do cope and manage everything. Time can be stretched and nerves frayed, but it's the same with one. I'm sure for Kris, it's the same too, the more you have the more you learn strategies to just do it and get on with things. She just manages with three because you have to and if you don't then noone else is going to do it for you!
    I think that's the issue for me with DH on Mother's day. He just so didn't care that it was supposed to be my day. He was just so worried about himself. HE wanted sleep, HE had to go to soccer, there was no thought of what I might want and trust me I had been dropping hints for days how I was looking forward to being spoilt. I just wanted a bit of...I don't know....fairytale to my mothers day...you know, flowers, yummy breaky in bed or at a cafe, wet sloppy kisses and cuddles in bed after a big sleep in, being told how wonderful a job I do, arvo snooze if I felt like it.....but he just so didn't get it, and still doesn't. He hasn't apologised and I don't expect him to. He probably hasn't given it a second thought.
    Yay for sleep ins, glad you're feeling better, you deserve it after the hellish week or two you've had with B!

Kaz, another sick monkey??? Goodness me, our kidlets are not doing well in the health department! I hope Pip gets better soon.
    Good job getting that grant for your CCC. I bet they were super excited about it! It's so rare to get parents that are so proactive and into doing things for the centre rather than what we can do for parents!
    Mmmm, man cold....my DH thinks he's getting sick now cause the kids are sick... he's such a ****ing sook! Drives me nuts.

Mel, yay going for no three! How exciting for you!! I sometimes wish DH would let us have another, that I feel 3 is the number for us, but then I also have times when I think 'this is good, this what I want, I'm happy'. I guess that doubt is the thing that stops me seriously sitting down with him and discussing it. Plus the fact that I know he's so against it. He really doesn't want more at all. I can tell he's serious and if he ever said yes it would purely be to keep me happy. But I doubt he'd ever way yes to another bub! But I believe that if we are meant to have another it will happen regardless of what we do to stop it or make it happen!

OK enough of my yabbering, this is one looong post! Too much time on my hands for a change! Hope all of our bubs make a miraculous recovery overnight and are little angels for us tonight and tomorrow....yes I did say it would take a miracle!

What a chatting bunch you've all been

Well after two nights of doing well, Jared had a shocker last night More this morning really. He wanted to play at 4am and woke Ben up who has been up ever since. Ben has been great though, I went back to bed at 6am and although I couldn't sleep (we haven't childproofed the house we just watch Ben to keep him out of trouble) I got some rest which was good. Now Jared is STILL asleep! Bugger!!!

Kel, Oh I would love to leave the house on a whim! No planning, expressing, packing, dressing the kids, worrying about sleeps, what they've eaten, clean nappies etc, etc. The boys (the big ones) will NEVER understand what it's like for us. Craig is very good normally, but like you, I was just annoyed that Sunday was supposed to be MY day. I know for a fact that he will make up for it on my birthday next month though, and he's also told me I can ruin Father's Day for him if I want to - which of course I won't - so I know he understands.
    I hope your kids are still getting better. The hospital stay really screwed up our routine and we still haven't gotten back into it.

Mel, yep, we're stopping the contraceptives in December. I won't fall pg until Jared really drops back on his breasfeeds though so it might take a while. Ben gave up breastfeeding at 11.5 months and I was pg a month later!

Kris, well done on getting the grant! And you are so super organised too. I'll have to get a proper household routine going before I go back to work, but it's too hard with Jared being so little right now. Good luck with the course (and telling DH the cost LOL )

Kaz, poor Pip. My best friends littlie has conjuctivitis right now so Pip could still have that as well, although I suppose the doc knows what he/she is talking about. Well, you'd like to think so!

Jen, yep, you cope with two because nobody else will do it! So often I find myself saying it and my single SIL who has four kids often says it too. A lot of times it's very managable but other times you find that you want to walk out the door and never come back! Now I know what my mum meant when she used to say she was going on strike

We booked a holiday!!! Well, we booked flights anyway. Four seats going to the Gold Coast in November. I don't want to wish the time away though as I go back to work in December and Jared will be nearly 10 months old which is too scary to contemplate. We booked using the Jetstar 2 for 1 sale When I was studying Aviation at uni, I always said I would never fly Deathstar, but I've just gotten so desperate for a holiday I'm so excited!!! With that, camping in December and then Japan (hopefully) next May, I'm a happy girl. I just love holiday!!!

What a chatting bunch you've all been

Well after two nights of doing well, Jared had a shocker last night More this morning really. He wanted to play at 4am and woke Ben up who has been up ever since. Ben has been great though, I went back to bed at 6am and although I couldn't sleep (we haven't childproofed the house we just watch Ben to keep him out of trouble) I got some rest which was good. Now Jared is STILL asleep! Bugger!!!

Kel, Oh I would love to leave the house on a whim! No planning, expressing, packing, dressing the kids, worrying about sleeps, what they've eaten, clean nappies etc, etc. The boys (the big ones) will NEVER understand what it's like for us. Craig is very good normally, but like you, I was just annoyed that Sunday was supposed to be MY day. I know for a fact that he will make up for it on my birthday next month though, and he's also told me I can ruin Father's Day for him if I want to - which of course I won't - so I know he understands.
    I hope your kids are still getting better. The hospital stay really screwed up our routine and we still haven't gotten back into it.

Mel, yep, we're stopping the contraceptives in December. I won't fall pg until Jared really drops back on his breasfeeds though so it might take a while. Ben gave up breastfeeding at 11.5 months and I was pg a month later!

Kris, well done on getting the grant! And you are so super organised too. I'll have to get a proper household routine going before I go back to work, but it's too hard with Jared being so little right now. Good luck with the course (and telling DH the cost LOL )

Kaz, poor Pip. My best friends littlie has conjuctivitis right now so Pip could still have that as well, although I suppose the doc knows what he/she is talking about. Well, you'd like to think so!

Jen, yep, you cope with two because nobody else will do it! So often I find myself saying it and my single SIL who has four kids often says it too. A lot of times it's very managable but other times you find that you want to walk out the door and never come back! Now I know what my mum meant when she used to say she was going on strike

We booked a holiday!!! Well, we booked flights anyway. Four seats going to the Gold Coast in November. I don't want to wish the time away though as I go back to work in December and Jared will be nearly 10 months old which is too scary to contemplate. We booked using the Jetstar 2 for 1 sale When I was studying Aviation at uni, I always said I would never fly Deathstar, but I've just gotten so desperate for a holiday I'm so excited!!! With that, camping in December and then Japan (hopefully) next May, I'm a happy girl. I just love holiday!!!

Hey All,
    I have read thru all the posts but will dro pin later for personals (I NEED a shower BAD), just wanted to get us back on the page and say that Beau has been in his toddler bed for two nights - no hassles at all! I have had a massive headache all day and watched "Australia" in our bed when he had his nap today and I got the shock of my life when the credits rolled and he walks out of his room with a big grin! Cheeky!
    Love to all x

Hey, Dh and DTD this morning and I started bleeding - its stopped now but looks like here we go again for another miscarriage

Oh Jen, I'm so sorry. Don't give up hope yet though the same thing happened while I was pg with Jared and it was horrible I thought I'd lost him for sure, but obviously it all turned out alright for us Poor DH missed out on DTD for a few months though as I was just too scared. I'll keep you in my thoughts Jen

Oh Jen, big hugs babe . Try not to think the worst just yet. You might just be bleeding superficially from DTD. I also had bleeding with both of my (successful) pg's. Not so bad with Liam, but with Lily I was convinced a few times I had lost her and all was well. I'm keeping everything crossed for you hun.

Big hugs to you Jen. How are you today?

Well both my girls are in bed and its 8pm. We have started doing a family day of swimming and lunch at a cafe every Sunday...hopefully, so the girls were tired. Olivia hasnt slept and jumped straight into bed after her bath. Rebecca is sleeping for now but shes already had 2 bigs sleeps today. But then she was splashing madly in the bath too, so hoping that has tired her out! Knowing my luck it will be a terrible night! Fingers crossed. Liv is teething, her poo is vinagar smelling again and shes starting to bight down again. I was brushing her teeth and it obviously is sore coz she cracked it. I can see one, but the other side is smooth and white. Last 2 molars....then Becca will start!!
    Hope you are all well.

Jen, how are you? I've been thinking of you often.

Mel, Hope you had a good night. It sounds like a lovely way to spend Sundays. Ours are consumed by soccer, which is kinda nice anyway as both boys love it. Ben runs around like a loony and Jared loves to charm all the other WAGS on the sideline. Yesterday he had all the other team's supporters looking at him and laughing at him as he was cracking up. Definitely my social butterfly.

Us, we had a good weekend. I got a sleep in both days so Craig has made up for last weekend for sure. I attempted to go to the Swans game on Saturday night, but got a call halfway through the third quarter telling me that Jared wouldn't take the bottle. So, I raced home to find a screaming child and a poor, exhausted husband. Silly baby! Surely EBM isn't that different from the fresh stuff? Anyway, due to the delayed telecast, I got to watch the final quarter on tele. What a finish it was too! Unfortunately though it looks like I won't be able to leave Jared for more than an hour or two until he starts on solids. Silly boy!

We had a much better night last night. Jared only woke up once at 3:30am and was back asleep within half an hour. Apart from that feed, he slept from 10:30pm until 8:30am this morning. Brilliant! We're working our way back to where we were before hospital. It's taking forever, but hopefully I'll be getting seven hour stretches from him soon. I'm not entirely hopeful though, he's STARVING when he wakes up in the middle of the night. Once a night is totally doable though

Ben has finally broken through his first molar. Thank goodness, I swear they have taken six months to start showing! He's biting EVERYTHING and saying "Biting mummy's dressing gown" as if it's a joke. Hopefully it will all stop with the emergence of his molars. He'll start putting holes in all our clothes soon.

He's also started taking too much of an interest in Jared's toys. The poor little bugger only has a few toys and they're the ones that Ben wants to play with. He's already whacked a couple off the playgym so they hit Jared in the face. No idea how to stop him from doing it, it drives me nuts!

We're also sending off Ben's pre-school application this week! I can't believe my baby will be going to school five days a week (half days) next year!!!!

I'm feeling so good today after a lovely weekend. It's a shame Craig can't be home more often!

Hey Mel sounded like you had a great weekend.

I loed having family time yesterday and will hopefully make it a regular thing. Yesterday just went so smoothly. The girls slept ok, Olivia til 330, then I put her back to bed with milk and then Becca woke an hour later and wouldnt go back to sleep, so I put her in with us , the Olivia came in againaround 630 and there were 4 in the bed!!!! I didnt want to get out of the bed, but Olivia kept poking me in the eyes/nose/anywhere...up mummy, up!

They were terrible this morning, so I went walking and beccas been asleep ever since.

Jen- hows things? I hope youre alright, let us know?

Oh Kris- looking forward to my tupperware!

Hi Guys,
    Well I am pretty confused - I had very red/pink blood after dtd on Saturday morning, then a few small brown clots on Saturday night (after which I had a meltdown), then yesterday a small amount of brown discharge but only really after wiping, no cramps or pain to speak of. I did a PG test this morning and it was still positive. I know from previous miscarriages that it can stop and start and take a while but I am not sure what to think now....I really dont want to go to the docs/hospital to be told nothing IYKWIM? What do you think?

Hey Jen- hugs. If it were me, i would go to the hospital and get an u/s. Just to know for sure. Also a blood test to monitor your levels. I can see why youre confused. Good luck hon.

How far along are you Jen? If you are seven or eight weeks or further an ultrasound might be a good idea if you can get one, or a blood test - or both. Earlier than that it will probably just be disheartening as the heartbeat might be too immature for detection and it might be just more waiting. It's awful isn't it? I had all this happen when I was seven/eight weeks and was so relieved when I got the u/s and blood tests back.

Mel, don't you love the "Up mummy!"? I get "Up mummy, honey brekkie!". My poor growing boy needs food as soon as he wakes up or he'll fade away to nothing - NOT!

They are both asleep now, I've just spend over an hour on the Wii Fit and getting dinner on in between Very happy

I have taken these two grumble bums on two walk today just to calm them down. Olivias sleeping now, but becca is up. at least i got good exercise.
    Oh Mel- is Ben starting 3 year old kinda next year??? I am thinking of holding Olivia back a year, so she would be 5 turning 6 in Prep.....or more to the point turning 18 in year 12!

Hi,
    Thanks for the advice girls, I am 8wks 1day today Dis, I might try and get an appointment at the docs this week for a blood test, he didnt seem very interested when I asked about shared care etc when I was there with Beau two weeks ago and suggested a clinic....have to find something around here as I am not sure where to go - I have memories of sitting in emergency for 5hrs with my first miscarriage and walking out unattended - I know what a low priority early PG bleeding is in hospitals
    Anyway Mel, I hope your girls cheer up and Dis, you go on the Wii Fit! Good on you!

What a bummer about your doctor Jen! My GP is fantastic, I was really lucky to find him when I moved out here five years ago. No help to you I'm afraid Ask him if you can get the blood tests, it's not like it will cost him any money or anything - geez some docs are weird aren't they?

Mel, yup, we're hoping to get Ben into the Montessori Pre School near here. I've been to their open day and an observation and really, really loved it. It's more expensive than most private schools here, and is only for three hours a day, but I'm really comfortable with the staff there and I'm a big sook when it comes to who I leave Ben with. Not to mention I really like all the principles of Montessori teaching. The do Kindergarten at the pre-school and then matriculate right into Year 1, and they take each kid as they come and let them go at their own pace, so I don't know what age Ben will be going into Yr 1.

Can you believe my boys both slept for HOURS at the same time today???? I got so much done! If only they did it every day. Ben seems to be tired again tonight though. His molars are bothering him. So far there are only signs of one popping through, I hope the others aren't too far behind.

Jen - I hope your doc isn't a twit

Mel - woah on the walk!

DG - how cool, did you feel like a new woman with them both sleeping?

Us - well Pip's back at CC although he's still pale in the face quite noticably. I gave him a haircut last night, so ended up at the hairdressers today getting it fixed ... doh

Haven't thought about kindy yet ...

Wish my girls slept at the same time!

kaz thats funny on the hair cut, i wouldnt be game.

I have been thinking about kinda lately, Olivia can go into 3 year old next year as the cut off dates for the school year is 30th April. However I am thinking she may be too young and might hold her off. it would mean shes in the same year level as her cousin who is 9 months older. I dunno. That would mean she would start primary school in 2013, but is eligible the year before. Any thoughts or am I way ahead of myself????

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast