Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2007 #18

Jen, :stickyvibesblue::stickyvibespink: still got everything crossed. I would go to the dr, jic. I don't understand that you're not being monitored anyway if you've had prior m/c's?? I was monitored with both my pg's after my 2 prior m/c's. It's kinda good that your bleeding is brown, it means it's old blood...

Mel school's an important thing to think of. I have been thinking about it a bit lately too. As you said before, if they wait to go to school in the year they turn 6, then they will be 18 in year 12. That's something that worries me a little sometimes. But then I also worry that I'm going to wait to send her to school and she'll be bored for that year, kwim? And also the financial side of things comes up for us, caus once she goes to school I can start working full time again and only when she's at school (with only one child in child care) will it be financially viable....ugh, dilemmas!!

Gotta go Li's awake.

Mel, will they hold Olivia back in kinder (it's different in Vic to NSW) if she isn't ready to go to big school? If that's the case, it might be worth starting her next year. I've noticed that Ben is REALLY ready for the half-day pre school already I reckon. He sometimes seems so bored already, but it's only really recent.
    I've just done some research on the Family Assistance website though and we would only be entitled to about $8.50/week back from the government because it's registered care rather than approved care. Geez, that sure does make it difficult
    Oh and the boys NEVER sleep at the same time - yesterday was a once off! I also paid for it with Jared being up for an hour and a half at his three o'clock feed and then Ben waking up at six for the day

Kaz, I cut Ben's hair the other week. Thankfully he's Shirley Temple curly though so if I buggered it up, nobody (including me) will ever know

Kel, It's hard thinking of them being school age. You don't want to wish all this time away, but sometimes I just think it's going to be so much easier when they're all at school!

Jen, I'm still thinking of you!

Well, we had a pretty ordinary night. We were all in bed by 9:30 though and Jared didn't get up until almost three so I had a good chunk to start with, which was good because it's almost all I got!

I'm going to cancel my gym membership today I've only been once in the past month, it's just too hard to get to and if the kids are sick, it's impossible. Now that Jared is refusing the bottle, it's too stressful to try and get him to feed at the right time, get to mum's and get to the gym. Oh well, it's just me and the Wii Fit now!

While I'm over at my folks' house though I'm going to see if my sis wants to take her little one down to the play centre with my boys It's raining here today, and it's apparantly the start of a week of rain

Hey All,

Jen- hows things today?

Kel- I spoke to a few of my friends who were 16 turning 17 in year 12 and they wish they had started a year later, in terms of...getting licence, partying, but some said they felt not at the same emotional level as their friends. I suppose I will see how she goes, but when I look at her and her cousin and think they will be in the same year level, I just can see the difference in social skills and obviously their language. I know she will catch up eventually. What i might do is send her off to 4 year old kinder in 2011 and I think that they tell you by the end of the first term if they think shes ready for primary school or not.

Mel- my girls went to bed at 10 (olivia) and 1030 (becca) because they had late sleeps yesterday arvo. Rebecca woke up at 4am upside down on her tummy in the cot. She wasnt hungry but my auto pilot at that time is to get her a bottle and feed ( must stop that). Well she wanted to chat, blow raspberries and then scream the house down until 515. Luckily Olivia didnt wake up. We woke at 730 to Becca crying AGAIN. DH went in and she was on her tummy with her arm stuck down the side and Olivia was in there kicking her in the head.....oooh that child!!!

Oh mums coming over today and dh and I are going to see wolverine and have lunch at tgi fridays. DH work is very quiet and his apprentice is off sick so we decided at 5am we would do this coz we havent really celebrated our wedding anniversary!

Ok better go and feed Becca (oooh shes gobbling up solids no, just have to introduce her 3rd meal and give a bit more variety)

Hi Guys,
    No blood or pain again again today so am feeling more positive, I have done heaps of ringing around while Beau had his nap and I feel I am getting somewhere! I have the number for the EPAS clinic near here (but its only open till 12pm so will call tomorrow) and I spoke to the hospital and the antenatal dept gave me some phone numbers of GPs that do shared care with the hospital (the problem I have is that the hospital 5min away will do check ups but dont have the facilities to deliver a cesar! So I will have to go 45min away to have the baby, then be transfered after)....anyway its hard when you dont know the area/good docs!
    Mel - I have left Beau's name at the preschool near us that has a good rep for 2011, three days at $26 a day I think, havnt found any yet that might do half days etc next yr when we have another bub - I am pretty niave with the whole process tho.....but when I spoke to the administrator she said it is more important to focus on the high school age than right now so they dont have any probs later on - like yr friends and like Kel were saying....hope you guys enjoy the movie and lunch - great!!
    Dis - I like the sounds of the Montesori schools too - where will Ben go next year? How great you had a double sleep yesterday with the boys down at the same time! Awesome! a shame about your gym membership - at least you are getting stuck into the wii fit tho!
    Kaz - How is Pip feeling now?
    HI to everyone else - lets hope the sticky vibes are sticking

Thats good Jen that youre getting somewhere and the bleeding has stopped. Hope you get a clearer picture soon.

Movie was fantastic, we saw wolverine and lunch was yummy. It was nice to have some us time....its been ages since we have been anywhere besides weddings and done something relaxing. must do it more often.

ok, hope youre all well

Hi girls, remember me LOL....it's been a while since I've been able to keep up with BB. With my DH working away so much & Charlie was always soooo sick last year. But here I am back & baking no 2.
    I got a lovely congrats msg from Melissa, so I thought I should pop on in & say Hello.

Wow to all the new babies, sounds like everyone is going really great.

Jen...congrats hope it all goes well!

We have finally got Charlie sorted & he's been really healthy...so that's great! Since turning 2 he seems to hit a very destructive stage grrrrr but he is a boy I guess. It took us 7months of trying to get number 2 on the way.....I have the worst ms available LOL!!! all day sick & can't eat a thing...oh well.

Mel - I am very jelous that you have a babysitter & got to have some "us" time. Not something we get, though we are currently trying to find a reliable sitter in our area....I think it's good to be able to do somethings together every now & then minus our little ones.

Well hope everyone is staying well.....hope to pop in again & keep up a bit with whats going on.

take care...Erin.

Jen, things sound promising! Keep us informed
    Ben will be going to Elizabeth Macarthur Montessori (hopefully) next year. He'll start around his birthday.

Mel, jealous, jealous, jealous that you guys got to spend some time alone together. Craig and I won't be having that for a while yet thanks to Jared's aversion to the bottle

I was 17 in the June of my Yr 12 year. I never felt younger or out of touch. Academically I did really well, coming first in Science in Yr 10 and doing high levels in English and Maths without a problem. Never had an issue with turning 18 a year later or anything, but everybody is different

ETA: Hi Erin! Congratulations!!!! When are you due? MS is the worst! Hope it doesn't last too much longer for you.

Well, we are still struggling with sleep here. Kids still a bit unwell and now DH is sick too. Luckily enough it seems to have skipped me Thank goodness!! But I'm copping the sleepless nights cause DH is sick and needs to sleep. As I type he's asleep on the lounge with Lily.
    Lily has started waking in the middle of the night screaming and wanting to get up. She just cries for no apparent reason and is driving me nuts. This results in Liam waking and wanting to feed. It takes like and hour or so to get everyone back to bed I'm so over it all, I jsut want my kids to 'get' sleeping....I so need more than 2 hrs sleep at a time. I've gotten used to living off 4hrs broken sleep.
    Liam is starting to stand on his own, letting go of the furniture for a few seconds when he cruises around. He so cute!! He's starting to make hilarious faces and likes to make us laugh at him. He's saying dada, mumumum and bohbuh (booboo- means: booby, I want a feed!).
    Well thats about it at my place. Sick kidlets, sick daddy, mummy very tired and over it all. I've had more day off work in the last two weeks than I've been there! Happens when you have kids I guess....

Erin, hello!!! I noticed you pg ticker in another thread and meant to say congrats, but it slipped my mind, but CONGRATS!!!

Jen, I am glad to hear that things seem to have settled now, I hope it is still ok. Big hugs hun!!

Ok, gotta go, got a staff meeting at work til 8pm....yuck!!

Kel- Far out you are in the wars there! when was the last time you contacted tresillian or karitane for some help with Lil? Dont blame you for feeling stressed out and over the sleep deprivation + working on top of that, and a sick husband....hugs to you!

Erin - Nice to hear from you, we are due about the same time - I am due on the 27th of dec everything goes ok - Glad CHarlie is healthy again but sorry he is so destructive!!

Mel - Mmm I am J for jelly jealous too!! I watched Quantum of Solace on foxtel box office on my own today while Beau slept - he kept coming out and I had to hide my popcorn!! LOL thats how romantic it is at mine!

Dis- Thats so weird that you did well at English, Maths and Science - I did well in English - hated maths and science! Its pretty rare you have a good "all round" brain!! Ha ha! Didnt you study aviation though? Thats pretty full on....

Us- Beau got his first pull nappy down smack on the bum tonight about 10min before DH got home - he had gone into our bed and got mashed pumpkin and potato and smeared our whole bed with it. I had to change all the white bedding (which I hate doing anyway!) Then his "naughty step" is in our sunroom which is all glass and I just cleaned it all today....so he smeared his hands all over the glass while on the step - thats when I lost it!! I had a cry (I blame pregnancy) but DH upsets me more when he says I should just laugh when he does things like that - WTF? How do you even start to respond to that? I dont want to be a smacking mum per se, but..it happened...help!

OMG Jen, I would have totally lost it too! I think I would have smacked after the sheet incident - what a little bugger!!! Of COURSE you had white sheets on the bed, isn't that always the way!

Hopefully tomorrow is a better day for you

Ohhh, Jen, we've all had days like that I'm sure. I definately have anyway. And pg hormones sooo do not help you keep an even temper! I try not to smack Lily too, but a smack once in a while is a) not going to really hurt her and b) sometimes necessary. I smacked her hand just the other day because of her little attitude she seems to have picked up...she has started to stick her tongue out and go 'blah blah' when I rouse on her. Very unappreciated by me I can tell you!!! Little brat she is. Don't feel so bad. One smack sometimes isn't going to hurt him.

Gees Jen- I would have smaked too. Hows things going for you anyhow?

Kel- and how are you too? Are you getting any sleep? Naughty Lil for poking her tounge out, they have real little attitudes dont hey!

Olivia has been awful to her sister, kicking her, jumping on her head, throwing toys at her. I dont know what to do with her some times. I give her a smack, depending on the severity ( like putting her hands on Beccas tummy and jumping up and kneeing her in the face) and then I put her in the corner. Then afeter a minute I sit her down and tell her why her behaviour landed her in the corner. Doesnt seem to work though. I cant leave Becca on the floor for too long and I definately cant leave her alone at the moment.

Oh I joined Contours today. I just got fed up with thinking about how to loose weight and just did it. So I have 13kgs to loose and I reckon if I can do that by the end of the year, I might treat myself and get pg again!!!! Oh and keep the exercise up so I dont end up this huge!

both girls are in bed so am going to sit and watch tv then get some shut eye....

Hey Ladies,
    Oh thankyou so much for your posts! They made me feel so much better, so glad to know I am not alone! I chatted to a lady at playgroup today too and she said she isnt a "smacker" but sometimes it just happens! We had a way better day today, he had a good time at playgroup and then we had a nice long bubble bath together cause the weather is so ick! (DH is still ****ing me a little bit though!Saying I get so cranky easily blah blah blah, I am feeling very criticised by him atm)
    Mel - Wow, good on you at joining the gym, best of luck with it - you are right though, you will just loose all the weight then get PG! Oh the joys! Olivia sounds like a little monkey with her sister! Thats what I do with Beau on the step, same as Olivia in the corner, doesnt really work here either! Although I do threaten it sometimes and he will chill a bit.
    Kel-Oh my goodness at LIly being so cheeky! Who in the world does she get that from?She sounds very advanced!!!
    Dis- Yes, unfortunately I only have white bedding - at least you can bleach it! LOL!
    Hope everyone else is well.....

Hey Jen...did you manage to get an appointment for a check up? Glad you had a better day, I love having baths with the girls.

Beccas awake and feeding....bit more surfing for me

Hey Mel,
    I havnt made any appointments yet, just my first at the hosptial next month all being well. I am feeling ok now, if the bleeding starts again or I have any pain at all I will go, I have a bit of a mortal fear of ultrasounds after the miscarriages before...I know its probably a bit irresponsible but I am waiting and seeing atm Happy feeding!

Mel, I'm ok I guess, starting to feel like I really need a break though. I buggered. Just some time alone without an attachment. Lily has been really clingy and sooky, and Liam is a clingon too. Now DH is sick and it's just all sooo tiring. Last night I had a staff meeting and I was just glad not to have to be home for the dinner, bed/ bath/ routine. Usually I do most of it, but DH had to do it all last night for the first time ever with both of them and he said 'it's so hard!!' Well duh, I've told you that!! Trying to get one to bed while the other is awake and trying to bath and dress one when the other is running around. Yep, I know and he wonders why I hate doing it all on my own. Being home on my own at night sucks even more!

Jen, I never actually went to Karitane. I called the help line, but never went. I am considering it again for both of them. My biggest hurdle though is the control crying thing. Or control 'comforting' as they call it! I just don't know if I can do it to them. But I think I just need to do it and get over it. I would love to have sleep again though! Even if Liam is still waking once or twice a night it's better than the 3-4 times he does now, and then Lil's waking 1-2 times. Most nights I get maybe 2hrs sleep at a time, if I'm really lucky, it's 3. DH and I are going to try to get everything sorted in August. He has 2 wks off and we can do it all together....so not looking forward to August, lol!
    I don't know if I'd call it advanced, LOL...rude, yes, bratty, yes, advanced, no! I think she's probably seen someone at childcare doing it and is coping them. One of the down sides of childcare I guess.

Hey Kel,
    You do sound like you desperately need some 'me' time. I am so glad that DH had to do the nighttime routine on his own! (once) Thats the best way to get some support - at least he 'gets it' a bit now, no good when you would rather be in a meeting though, means it is pretty sucky at home atm. As for Karitane, or CC, try and think of your lowest sleep deprived lows and the kids at there crankiest when they have had a bad night, think of what you will be giving them and you in the long run. They need good sleep at night (as do we) to help them grow and develop, I have said it before but, its the best thing I ever did. Its hard, but a few hard nights is better than a few more hard years.

Kel, I really hate control crying as well. I don't let my kids cry it out at all BUT having said that, when Ben was 8/8 and a half months I decided I really had to get him to go to sleep on his own (my problem was that I never wanted him to self-settle when he was a wee one). It took two nights of letting him cry for a minute and then going in to reassure him. First night it took forty minutes, second night it took 15 and by the third night he was doing it straight away. It was exhausting for those two nights, but I had to do something. I had read in a few books that babies don't get object permanence until they are 8 months, meaning that until they are 8 months, when you leave they don't know that you're coming back. That's why I thought it would be a good time to do it. We haven't looked back, apart from a few teething/illness hiccups. Ben now runs into his room with a book under his arm when we say that it's time for bed, so definitely no ill effects I also get told on a regular basis that I have very happy/content kids and I believe it's from not letting them cry it out when they were littlies.
    Anyway, enough about that - hope it helps.

Jen, I can understand how you don't like u/s. I'm sure it's all fine. When is your hossy appointment?

Mel, good on you joining the gym. I can't remember whether or not I mentioned that I had to cancel my membership With both boys being sick and just the craziness of life with two kidlets (not to mention Jared refusing EBM!) it's just impossible for me right now I hope you have more success than me.

Us, we had a fabulous night on Thursday night. Jared slept from 8pm until 5am - what a champ!!!! Last night he went to bed at 10pm, feed (didn't really wake up) at 2:30 and straight back to bed, and he's still asleep now at almost 10am!!! We all had needles yesterday - well Craig, Jared and I did - and Ben got the lollipop - how's that fair? We had the Whooping Cough shots that the NSW govt is giving out for free to parents. My leg, hip and back are all sore today from the shot. I don't do needles well! I felt woozy and sick afterwards

It's another rainy day here. I'm struggling to get nappies and clothes dry - I hate using our dryer, but I might have to resort to it sometime this weekend.

Have a good weekend!

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast