Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2008 #3

hey all

just popping in, been very busy since becoming a single mummy.

Danielle- i havent got my period yet, and have heard that bf can delay it.

Went to the Dr today as i havent been feeling the best and the girls had been very cranky. turns out Mj, Annika and myself all have ear infections from having the cold and Mj has reflux very red throat so we have been given losac.

Since we have had the chiro appointment she has been fantastic. we have a follow up apointment tomorrow at 3

can i ask what a neurolink practitioner is?

Danielle - didn't realise you had to wait for period to start in order to take contraceptive. Probably because I haven't taken one for over 10 years now so the idea of popping a pill is newish to me. On the mini pill there isn't the need to wait.

Shellbell - good luck with Luke tonight and as Danielle said it might not be anything to do with your milk, could be he is just reaching that stage of greater stimulation = unsettled. They like to suck to get themselves to sleep. You could try using your little finger in the roof of his mouth or a dummy to see if he is sucking for comfort or milk. If after a few sucks he cries, when he realises there is no food, then he is hungry.

We had a terrible day - I kept DS home today and we had the temper tantrums from hell over wanting a sandman phone. Kept telling him daddy was getting it but that wasn't good enough.

Danielle - i want to get another implanon in and DR said i have to wait for period too, and have no sign of it yet... DH is hanging out not to have to 'tarp up' but is so desparate for loving he will LOL (sorry for TMI)

Oliver had a better day today, got a bit more sleep that he has over the last few days, I am going to take him to the clinic nurse tomorrow for a weigh in and get his length checked. I managed to get a photo of a smile today, even though he has been smiling for a couple of weeks, he has been smiling heaps more today and he looks so gorgeous, will hopefully get around to adding more pics to my gallery tomorrow.

shellbell yay on getting the internet at home, i've missed you
    Leyla I know it's not much help to you now but I have always been told not to re-give a dose of medication even if they have thrown up within minutes of having it as there really is no way of telling if the entire amount came up, there may still have been some absorbed into the system.
    sarah_dobbo2 loved SATC, it was a fantastic movie, and I really enjoyed getting out, but missed my boy terribly and couldn't wait to get home to him.
    BabyWrangler congrats on getting BJ back onto BF, sounds like his Pead appt went really well. I hope that Oliver grows out of his reflux soon.
    Danielle I haven't had my period yet either but I have a feeling that it isn't far away.
    Shoegal sounds like Baxter is really starting to take off with his weight gain, way to go! must be such a huge relief to you.

No time for any more personals, sorry, will try and catch up tomorrow.

I've had my period twice (well had it once, got it now!)
    I think its cause of all te muck up with BFing and stuff.
    Even that is in the air after he keeps mucking around.
    We've decided anything after sundown, will be a bottle (either EBM or formula) to ensure he gets a good nights sleep.
    Daytime will be BF unless he chucks it all up (he spewed lots tonight), mainly cause he mucked around so we chose to revert to formula, and I've since had a minor nervous breakdown about missing it...which is weird cause right through PG I wasn't even sure i wanted to BF!!
    While he was on formula I was fine, but I BF'd twice today and now I'm all over the shop!!

I've had my period twice (well had it once, got it now!)
    I think its cause of all te muck up with BFing and stuff.
    Even that is in the air after he keeps mucking around.
    We've decided anything after sundown, will be a bottle (either EBM or formula) to ensure he gets a good nights sleep.
    Daytime will be BF unless he chucks it all up (he spewed lots tonight), mainly cause he mucked around so we chose to revert to formula, and I've since had a minor nervous breakdown about missing it...which is weird cause right through PG I wasn't even sure i wanted to BF!!
    While he was on formula I was fine, but I BF'd twice today and now I'm all over the shop!!

Sorry guys, things keep posting twice and I don't know how to get rid of them

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Howdy
    Havent popped in for a while, and dont have time to read from when i last did, so sorry for lack of personals.
    Isabell went to the Chiro today, he said that her skull isnt alligned with her spine, so we have to have that all treated, and also her spine is pretty out of whack so thats causing her problems with sleep and probably making her colicy. Hopefully it sorts it all out and i can have a happy baby that likes to go to sleep.
    So far so good, i just need to get her into her cot from her rocker.
    I took her shopping for the first time the other day, with my mum, she was such a good girl, slept in her pram the whole time. I was so proud of her
    She is such a chatty baby when she has had enough sleep, and such a smiley one too. Starting to laugh a lot more too, and ppl can definately tell its a laugh now too.
    I had a mole cut out last thursday, so far so good. Isabell got weighed on Monday, almost hitting 5kilos!! Such a chubby bubby lol.

Danielle if you are bfing, it takes longer to get AF. If you do frequent feeds including night feeds, it may not come back at all until feeding diminishes. Prolactin prevents ovulation.

Beatrix neurolink is now called NIS (neurological integration system), it was designed by an osteopathic doctor who wasn't finding complete success with osteopathy and other methods. It is doing amazing things, curing cancer and all kinds of stuff. Its basic definition is that the brain can fix and control anything and everything in the body. If there is a communication breakdown between an organ and the brain, that organ will remain compromised. It reinstates communication between the "broken" organ and the brain, and the brain naturally, immediately, fixes it. I only worked in clinic with it for three months, but I will be going back to it eventually. Here is the main website: Segment Publishing : Design.Develop.Host

Meg: Its great that the chiro could find something to fix, I swear by my chiro and in MY case I tend ot go to him before a GP, for BJ I always went to GP first, but not anymore, that proved to be the biggest mistake we could have made this time around!
    Sharon: I hope all goes well at the weigh in tomorrow, can't wait to see more photos of Ollie, he's a cutie!
    Grubi: Like you don't already have your hands full with a newborn, the older ones always have to have a tanty don't they?! Hopefully daddy delivered on the phone situation and all went well!
    Beatrix: I hope the chiro appointments continue to help and that the ear infections improve! No wonder you're all feeling miserable!
    Sarah: What a gorgeous photo of Wyatt!!
    ShellBell: Hows is Luke going? I find sometimes (Particularly when I was BFing) that I'd hold BJ off for a feed til we got home, and whilst he always seemed to cope with it, he'd be unsettled for a while afterwards...I think he used to just get "past it"
    MGM: How is DD going? Anymore sleeps out of peoples arms?
    ShoeGal: Can't wait to see pics of Baxter's smile....smiles just rock!

On a personal note for me (after my 900 posts last night) having observed Benjamin with BFing last night and today, I will be switching to EBM from bottle during the day, formula at night, and when I dry up and the freezer is empty, we will be fully on formula.
    He fed directly from breast this morning (both sides) but started to fluff around so I put him on the floor for a play. When he got crappy about 10min later, I popped him back on, he fluffed around again, but then proceeded to drink 80ml of EBM!!!
    I think partly my milk may taste different due to my visit from AF, and also, I think because he's been on the bottles (which are easier to drink from), he's finding the breast too hard.
    But hey, woke at 4:20 for a feed, had finished 100ml of bottle, burped and settled himself back to sleep by 4:35 this morning so if it has to be bottles, so be it!
    Will confirm the decision with DH today, but I think (Im over my "moment" too where I nearly cried over wanting to BF) we'll be on bottles...but sort of technically still BFing....does the EBM count?! We have 14 days worth of EBM assuming he has 5 a day, which he won't cause it will only be the daylight ones, so about 3-4 weeks of EBM, that puts him over 3 months so I'm happy with that!

Just a quick question of Fire - so would neurolink or NIS work on an umbilical hernia?? I take it not all osteopaths do it though.

grubi i was trying to remember whose baby had an umbilical hernia but couldn't find the post. i have a friend whose baby had a huge one, and she was told 'if it doesn't go away, we'll operate'. this thing was so big i thought there was no way it was going to disappear by itself, but when i asked about it a couple of months later it had already gone down to half its size! i'm just telling you this so you know it is possible for them to go away without intervention.

bw you sound like you're on top of the bottle/ebm thing now - that's great. and isn't bj a good boy for sleeping so well!

fire how are you going? haven't heard much from you lately. hope all's well.

mummymeg good luck with the mole. very considerate of isabell to let you shop! our dd has 'allowed' us to have lunch out a couple of times which we are very grateful for!

sharon oliver's gorgeous. it's hard catching those smiles, isn't it. i have a few blurry phone pics, but you have to be really quick!

baby's stirring - think my time's up. have a good day everyone.

Whew, the past two weeks has been really full-on. Just as they'd started to settle, Lila got her immunizations and the shock to her system made her teeny little cold pretty bad for a few days. When she was sick she didn't have much of an appetite so my supply went down (silly of me not to keep up) and is just now getting back to where it was. Good news is that I've gotten up in the middle of the night with her once this whole week, she's sleeping 6-12 hours a night now. No sleeping during the day, just dozing in her sling but wakes up should I put her down.

Making lots of cooing noises, very smiley all the time and responsive. She likes to play by herself for 10 minutes or so at a time. Been giving her tastes of things I'm eating, just little dabs here and there. She likes to suckle apple wedges especially. We've gone to cloth nappies, I'm using plain towelling and woolen wraps I made when I was pregnant. Wow, wow, I'm blown away by how well the little wool Tickle Turtle wraps work. Seriously amazed, she's dry on the outside even after 12 hours sleeps. Cloth nappies are easier than I thought, I just throw in a load of them every other morning and we're sweet.

Am changing my dr after the way they treated me when I had her 2 month shots done... The Dr made fun of her cloth nappies ("Oh my, did YOU make this? Hah, I didn't know people still used cloth...") and so did the nurse giving her the shot. Then the nurse gave me an awful look when I pulled out some EBM to calm Lila and made a snarky comment about how my baby hadn't gained enough weight for a FF baby. Excuse me... But the kicker was when she asked me about sleep. I told her and she was aghast, telling me that she HAS to sleep at least twice during the day (where do these random numbers come from?), that her brain won't develop properly blah blah and here's the kicker- When I told her all the things I'd tried to get her to nap, she told me to put her in her cot and let her scream herself to sleep. WTF? Sorry, I just can't do that.. I mean, if nothing else its horribly impolite- the only way Lila can communicate with me is through crying (which she does very little of anyway) so why should I just ignore my little girl when she's calling for me? She's so little still, maybe when she's older and having a temper I'll leave her but not now...

Been expressing her milk for the past 6 weeks or so since she had thrush but I think its cleared up now so have been putting her back to breast. Amazingly, we're having very little drama with it so far. She doesn't attach as strongly as she used to, but she does attach well and stay on for 10-20 minutes. Then I top her off with a bottle of EBM, maybe soon it'll be just breast. Here's hoping.

Sorry for no personals, I'll finish reading through and get on that. I just wanted to start getting back into the threads... Hope you're all well and your babies are thriving.

(Janine, I'm also counting down to 12 weeks, MIL has been telling me to savor it all but I say phooey I want a routine and some regularity to life. And I'm looking forward to putting her on my back, too..)

GREAT!!!! DH organized for his mum and dad to take caleb for a few hours today to give me a break, and i just realized that i sent my wallet off with them in the baby bag!!! TYPICAL hey! so much for my shopping errands

When we went to the paed yesterday we found out that Caleb has a umblica hernia too it is not too bad, i just thought it was a funny looking belly button, half way between in-e and out-e So it should hopefully go away on its own then???? Also he has some fluid on one testical any one else come by this before?? would like to hear from anyone else with same thing!!!

Just checking in to say Hi!

I had done a huge post a few days ago, having a vent , whinge, and a cry after being up all night with Hunter, and just as I went to send it the whole thing, website and all vanished! I was so frustrated, that I nearly threw the comp out the window. I was too upset to try again, and have been too busy to do any thing since. I'm back at work a few days a week now. The joys of being a business owner.
    Hunter had his immunisations yesterday. Took them very well! only a little cry. but he seems to have come out in a rash of little tiny pimples on his chest. I remamber the nurse saying that babies get little spots like ant bites, and that its normal. Anyone else got this?

We still have wind problems, tho not as bad as they were.
    He does have a herniated belly button now. The doctor and his nurse both said it's ok and not something to worrie about. It's just disconcerting to see thid big blister looking thing that pops in and out when he cries. It's about the size of a marble normaly, but pops out to twice that.

I'm not doing personals, sorry if that makes ne seem antisocial, I just don't have time. (I'm at work right now)
    Hope you are all well
    Love Lisa

Butterfly_Princess Guest

BabyWrangler I was SO amazed to have heard all the things that a mis alligned spine can cause in a baby (and adult) its so amazing how it affects everything!

I heard with the belly button hernia, its not really a concern, my doc said even adults have them sometimes. An outtie is considered a belly button hernia coz it hasnt been sucked in. Isabell has a half innie half outtie, but doc said nothing at all to be concerned about.
    Im getting Isabells injections next week, should probably have been this week but DP is working and i thought it would probably be easier if i had him around to help if need be. How have all your bubs been after their needles? Unsettled or just normal??

Both the doctors that looked at Greer's belly button have said the same thing... will monitor it and if it is still there at her 4 month injections they'll refer her to a paed surgeon and asked if I have private health insurance/hospital cover for her. i hope it does go before then - hate the thought of her having surgery.
    Bellelasse I've learnt not to listen to half the medical staff I see when they tell me what to do. My Mum said it best the other day..." You are her mother, you know what is the right thing to do for her". As Fire I think said babies don't read the books that tell these people what babies should be doing. Good on you for doing what works for you EBM, cloth nappies, not control crying etc.
    MGM - Still having difficulties with out of the arms sleeps here, I try and I try and feel like I am useless, the minute she goes down from the arms she cries, no matter how tired she is.
    Taurusa Don't you hate that when you leave something you need in the bag you send off with the kids. My DH tool my DS to daycare along with my mobile the other day - I panicked that I had lost it, then remembered putting it in his daycare bag pocket when I picked him up. Hell of a job to get in and out of daycare without him seeing when the kids call out "Logan your mum is here".
    Greer is still screaming from being over tired if i put her down and I have got to go to the Post Office so might try to do that and hope she falls asleep in the car.

Ooops double posted - just removing the extra one
    Last edited by alittlegrubi; June 13th, 2008 at 08:22 PM.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast