Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #19

Default Babies Born August 2005 #19

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in August 2005.

If there are any details you would like changed or added to this list could you please email :-

Astrolady - [email protected]

or of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

Christy [email protected]
    Sherie [email protected]
    Lea 13 [email protected]

Please Note Your name will be removed if you have not posted in this thread for over 2 months

August '05

Forum Name:
    State:
    Baby's DOB:
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ -
    Gender of Baby:
    Baby's Name:
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns:
    Notes:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Forum Name: Jo_gee
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 2nd August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 4180g (9,4) Length 53cm, Head Circumferance 36.5cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Samuel Luke
    Baby's Website:http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joanddarren/
    Health Concerns: NIL
    Notes: perfect lil happy feeder born via c section
    __________________________________________________ _________

Forum Name: Storm
    State: N.S.W
    Baby's DOB: 9th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight 3290 (7.2)- Length 52cm- Head Circ - 34cm
    Gender of Baby: BOY
    Baby's Name: Zachary
    Baby's Website: nope, sorry
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) heart murmur & a hydrocele
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) induced by arm, due to 2 vessel cord

Forum Name: Aussienic
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 22nd August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 8lb 9oz Length - 49cm Head Circ -
    Baby's Name: Jacob Riley
    Baby's Website: na
    Health Concerns: None
    Notes: A very healthy bub.. Still breastfeeding and growing beautifully. He was born via C/s at 38 weeks due to GD and me having a large baby previously. He was in SCN for 4 days due to low blood sugars and Jaundice

Forum Name: Wheatie (Soph)
    State: QLD
    Baby's DOB: 24th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby Name(s): Lucie Maria
    Baby's Website: Not yet!
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic)
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) Was induced due to high BP. Lucie went back into hospital less than 24 hours after coming home as she wasn't feeding - turns out she was jaundiced and needed some tanning time! Mum now expressing and bottlefeeding as confidence was seriously dented!!!

Forum Name: B456
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 24/8/05
    Baby's Stats: 3230 grams, 51cm, 34cm
    Gender of Baby: Female
    Baby Name(s): Charlotte
    Baby's Website: n/a
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) Silent reflux
    Notes: Born by c-section under a general anasethic (epidural did not work). I had preeclampsia - C/s was elective. She is bottle fed and is 'hyper alert'.

Forum Name: iluvella
    State:NSW
    Baby's DOB:24.8.05
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - 2.170kg (4 pound 12), 44.5cm, 31cm
    Baby's Name: Ella Hollie
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: is currently having major allergic reactions to all dairy - rashes, swelling of eyes and throat, blistering
    Notes: Ella was born premmie at 34 weeks due to a severe placenta abruption. Delivered through emergency c/s. Spent only 3 weeks in NICU and apart from recent food allergies has been developing really well and reaching all the correct milestones!
    __________________________________________________ _______________

Forum Name: Janene_87
    State: VIC
    Baby's DOB: 26.08.2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - 3925g or 8lb 90z Length - 53cm Head Circ - 35cm
    Gender of Baby: Girl
    Baby's Name: Hannah Paige
    Baby's Website: www.babyhomepages.net/mybabyhannah/
    Health Concerns: Mild Excema
    Notes: Happy, Healthy little girl.

__________________________________________________ ____________

Forum Name: kitten2b
    Baby's DOB: 27th August 2005
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl Girl
    Baby Name(s): Maria Louise
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: (e.g. eczema, reflux, colic) 5 weeks 4 days early.
    Notes: (e.g. 9 days early, breech etc.) 3.5weeks in newborn care.

Forum name: Bec77
    Baby's DOB: 27 August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight: 1796g / 3lb15oz - Length: 46cm - Head Circ: 31.7cm
    Baby's Name: Joshua Michael
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joshuamichael
    Health Concerns: Nil
    Notes: Joshua was born @ 32+4. He spent 4 weeks in special care but is fine now!

Forum Name: Mummy2Kaitlyn ( Cass)
    State: Sydney
    Baby's DOB: 29th August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight - Length - Head Circ - Weight 4.154Kg/9pound 2Oz , 52Cms long
    Baby's Name:Kaitlyn Ava
    Baby's Website:
    Health Concerns: Suffering from the "flat head Syndrome" that seems to have come about due to the SIDS sleep on the back recommendation. We just narrowly avoided having to be fitted with a helmet to correct it last week ...phew ...always get a second opinion!. Other then that she is a healthy little bubs!
    Notes: 26.5 Hour labour ....lonnnggg, she was a very big bubs so took a little while to make her way out!. And when she arrived she looked like a little Budda with her fat rolls. SOOO cute!.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Catch up with your old thread HERE.

Whooooohooooo am first!!!! Small pleasures I know LOL

Hope you are all well and Trace hope the party goes fantabulously!

Jo

Awwww sounds great Brooke..girly girl room..gorgeous!

Jo

Aww Fletchie hoping the wind dies down until your shed is bolted in! Mmmmm..... a weird mood?? I wonder...lol

Brooke bet it looks lovely. Its nice to be able to do all the girly things isnt it.

Weve had a lovely weekend. We did lots of crafts and then went and saw a movie today .."monster house" with the kids. Sammy was a perfect angel too and was eating his little baby chippies just like the big kids lol. We then went and hung out down the beach with some friends..arrrghh lovely day.

Cant wait to see when you are coming out of hospital Soph and hearing all about gorgeous Ned!

Jo

Well Indah's party went really well, I didnt get to bed til after 1am, had a huge hangover yesterday after a friend said "Try this drink" it was Chivas Regal scotch &... Green Tea, the sweetness of the tea was actually nice! But it was really strong & I really shouldnt have had as many as I did!
    Indah had a day of being carried, spoilt, kissed, hugged & was so exhausted by 8pm, that she crashed out!
    The day wasnt as warm as we'd hoped, but most ppl were outside a few others were inside, there was plenty of food & ppl didnt start leaving til about 6pm..

Indah must have been truly pooped as she woke at 8am yesterday & by 10am she was back in bed & woke just after 1pm, then went back to bed at 3pm & woke at 6:30pm! We had a long cuddle & play in the bath & then she went to bed at 8pm & is still asleep!!!

It was a great day & yesterday we just mopped the floor Dh ironed & then the 4 of us just played inside with her new toys & OMG she got so many gorgeous clothes too!!! Must say I am glad it is over, so no more planning!!!
    Still got a heap of the thai sausage rolls in the freezer coz I made 3 batches & cut them into inche wide sausage rolls little nibbles & I never got to make the pizza scrolls am gonna make some this week, coz I have been suckered into having a Linen party at my place on Friday night! so will whip some up for that!

Ok cant wait to see pic's of Ned & hear all about his arrival Soph!!!

I just read Lucy's arrival of Alexandra & am pumped about #3!

Ok have a good one!!!!!

Hi Girls ,

just popping in really quickly as Kaitlyn is sick ..not sure with what yet but it is coming as she has a fever and all she wants to do is sleep ( which is better then the not sleeping she did all Saturday night). I hate it when the poor bubba is sick. Anyway not much going to get done here as I will sit with her as long as she wants me to when she is not well ....this is the second time she has ever been like this so we spend most of the day cuddling and snoozing in bed ...mmmm hard life for mummy!. Anyway better finish rushing around doing the necessary things before Kaitlyn gets up. Lukily we had a huge lunch/Dinner at DH's parents yesterday so I dont have to cook for about 3 days .

Glad the party went well Trace, Brooke I really hope your family dont end up with Chicken pox...fingers crossed honey.

Awww poor Kaitlyn Hope she's feeling better soon Cass!

Brooke - m/s at 17 wks :eek: You think we'd know what to expect the 2nd time around - but even at 5 1/2 wks i already know that this is gonna be different. Ah - you poor thing. Oh and i hope Charlotte doesn't have the chicken pox

Fletch -OMG the wind was unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!! I thought the windows were gonna blow in or something. Hope your shed held up ok! Oh and thanks again for setting up my bubs site I've had fun playing on it a bit.

Trace - so glad the party was a big success! Can't wait to see pics of Indah in her new clothes!

Hi Jo - how was your weekend?

Soph - hope you are having a wonderful time with Ned. Can't wait to see some pics.

Bec and Alex - how are you preggas gals feeling?

We had a busy wkend with more reno stuff happening. The gyprocker came and lined the laundry and bathroom as well as other patch up jobs in the house. Then yesterday Paul and i completely emptied the two spare rooms (one which will be Ella's new room) and organised the garge to fit all the stuff - and made a temp laundry in there too. Phew - i'm one pooped preggy lady! Finally i can see that the end is near!

Trace the party sounds like it was a blast! Glad it went well and Indah had a such a lovely time...bummer about the hangover though!

Brooke chicken pox sux!!!! Hope she doesnt get it though having said that there is never a good time to have it. Sammy had it just after Christmas and he was covered poor little sausage!

Cass Im so sorry to hear Kaitlyn is sick the poor darling. Hope her day of cuddles with Mummy makes her feel better.

Rae the renos sound great. Will be fun setting up Ella's new room! Oh and cant wait to see your new site!

Hello everyone else

Sammy and I just got back from a lovely walk. He has a tray on his pram that I load up with sbacks and he is just so content to nibble and look around..gorgeous boy. Cant believe school hols start on friday...the term has flown by.

Jo

Jo - your walk sounds great! You're so good to get out - i'm lucky if i walk out in the backyard....sooooo tired these days! I can't believe school hols start soon -that means it's my 3 yr anniversary soon....actually on Wed!!!!!! Had to get married in the school holidays being a teacher and all - made time for a honeymoon that way! Ahhhh the memories

Awww Rae thats gorgeous! Our Wedding Anniversary is on Monday the 1st!!! 8 years..awww

Jo

Hi guys, haven't really read back yet,we've had no power since 1pm sunday & I've been suffering without my computer! No time to catch up, too much cleaning to do!
    Just wanted to let you know I am alive

Oh wow Storm...thats a long time. Hurry up and come talk to us.!!!

Jo
    Last edited by ~Jo~; September 25th, 2006 at 07:27 PM.

Jo your walk sounds so lovely! I wish Kaitlyn still loved being in her pram!.

Rae and Jo happy up coming wedding anniversarys!.

We also had heaps of wind here Brooke...we were out and came home to find a huge branch had fallen off a tree in our backyard :eek:

Nothing much to report here...Kaitlyn and I had a day full of naps . She has a fever and is very congested but other then that no real signs of what this is going to turn into . I have just popped her into bed so we will see how she goes tonight. She has had nothing but milk and two pieces of water melon today the poor baby . And she has big black bags under her eyes

Well better be off...going to get some sleep just in case it is a rough night!

Morning all!
    Got back home yesterday with my gorgeous son. I so can't believe we are now a family of 4. He looks a lot like Lucie did, except his hair id almost platinum blond! Can't believe his size either. He was back to 3875g yesterday so almost back to birth weight. He is over a kilo bigger than Lucie was when we left hospital with her :eek: Lucie has been really well, eating and sleeping like a trooper and not even missing me. Why was I worried????? I swear she is bigger too! BF too, so far so good. Have a LC coming today though, one of my demented nipples is even more demented now and I'm finding it hard to attach Ned to that side. Birth was pretty good. By the time I got to hospital around midnight I was 4cm dilated and going to 6 with each contraction. They said if they broke my waters bub would arrive in an hour but I asked for an epi instead. It really slowed things down until they decided to break my waters at 5am. Anyway no stitches again so recovery has been great - afterpains a heap worse second time around though!

Anyway hope to catch up with all you beautiful ladies soon. Just quickly though...

Storm - love your belly, you look awesome!

Cass - Hope Kaitlyn is better soon. Also any other sick bubbas, get well!

Brooke - Not sure how to juggle life now with 2 either!!!

Love the new pics of Sammy and Indah and any one else. Such cuties.

Rae - Hope you find some energy soon.

Fletch - Yay for TWW, BFP coming up!

OK better run and put Lucie's eggs on and see if Ned is awake.

Oh and I will confess now that I had an inckling I would have a boy!

Congrta's again Soph & welcome back, with your blue bundle... Hi Lucie & Ned!!!

Glad it all went well & I never had any afterpains? maybe it was the long gap between my 2???

Ok gotta run, work sucks still & I have heaps to do...

Hope the LC gets your demented nipple sorted out!!!!

HI SOPH!!!! So glad it all went well !. I was thinking of you this morning and hoping the BF was going well ..As like you it did not work for Kaitlyn and I so I hope it will next time . I cant wait to hear all about how Lucie is loving him and how he is sleeping and feeding ect ect!. I hope you are also sleeping and feeding well

Trace ..I hear ya on the work sucks front. I am flat chat today as I am in a management planning session all day tomorrow ..fun fun !.

Plus my poor little cookie is at home not well. I think it may be another ear infection as she is not showing any signs other then just upset , tired and fever ..and seems to be in pain. DH is home with her today so he will see how she is going and maybe take her to the Drs .

Hi to all the other ladies! I will try and drop in later.

Hey Soph!!!! Glad to hear everything is great and Ned and Lucie sound like they are going great guns!!!! Hope the LC can help you 2day and YAY for you on BFing....I hope I can do it this time too!!
    And can't wait to see this little blonde haired man!!
    And no stitches!!!!!HOW FABULOUS!!!! But those afterpains don't sound too great either...

Cass, hope Kaitlyn's better soon and maybe a trip to the Dr would help work out what is wrong with her??..It's so awful when they are sick isn't it...They can't tell us what is wrong..But thats nice that Dh is home with her..I bet she loves having her Daddy home with her..

Storm, I love your belly too....Bet Zac gives it big cuddles!!!

Trace, I hope work slows down a lil bit for you!!! U poor thing... And sounds like Indah's party was a blast!!! Jack was pooped after his too and slept for ages too.. And how good is it that we don't have to buy them clothes for ages!!!(I prob will though!!) I had to go through his wardrobe and take out all his stuff that is too small for him, just to fit in the new stuff!!!

Fletch, I just hate this waiting business.... Wanna know now!!!

Rae, I hear ya on trying to find some energy...Hard isn't it...hehehehe

Sorri if i forgot anyone girls but Jack has gone out the doggy door for the 3rd time 2day , so I better go and see what he is up to.....

BBL lovelies...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast