Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #19

Thanks girls!

Alex and Cass - I reckon you will be fine BF the second time. You are heaps more relaxed about other stuff and it makes life totally different. Tracey was my BF idol, and she was right about it being different too!

Tracey - Mmm afterpains were yucko, felt like I was in labour again. Nothing a few panadol can't help though!

LC was good. Of course Ned attached perfectly each time in front of her But she said I'm going great guns. So nice to get reassurance. I really want to be able to do this. Think I have worked out a tactic for the dodgy nipple too. Ned has bad tongue tie, but so far not affecting his ability to suck. Will see what happens.

Ok sorry I am a bit self absorbed atm!

Oh Soph - sooooooo great to hear from you!!!!! Ned sounds gorgeous - and good on him with the sucking and attaching - i really hope it works out for you this time around. Ella was also tongue-tied but also managed to power on...she likes her food too much Also glad that the labour wasn't too bad and that your recovery has been quick. Hope the after pains cease soon.

Well i knew it was too good to be true as the m/s has begun to kick in this morn. I'm trying very hard to eat some muesli with soy milk - yuck to soy milk (but because Ella has developed such bad dairy allergies i'm trying to stay away during this preg and am taking calcium supps to give this bub a better chance). Looks like this preg is gonna be a carbon copy (m/s wise) as the last, cause 6 weeks on the dot is when i started getting sick. Oh the metalic taste is back and the extra sensitivity to smells....i think i'm better off putting a peg on my nose to stop me from heaving. Anyway that's my whinge -silly but i'm kind of relieved that it's come cause now i know everything is working normally and that bub is growing. Alex - any m/s for you?

Soph, it has been much easier second time around with feeding.... Infact I still feed twice a day... when she wakes & before bed...

I must say (& I dont want to offend or upset anyone) It is heaps easier than doing bottles (I did these with Maddy) I feel so connected with Indah & a real closeness to her... I really enjoy sitting down for 15 mins in the morning & 15 mins at night & she stares & smiles at me & if I look away she gives me a little bite or pulls my hair!
    I love feeding her & I feel satisfied that although she had 2 tins of formula in her year, I have fed her for the majority & have been bavk at work full time since mid/late Jan!!!

I actually feel proud of myself & I cant wiat to be doing it all again!

So I do really hope it works for each & everyone of you ladies that really wnats to do it with next bub's!! Coz it's truly rewarding!!!

Awwww Soph Yay you are back....well done missy..sounds like youve done it like a pro. You sound so calm and collected..what a fantastic mummy you are!!! Cant wait to see some piccies of your little blonde haired bubby! Wtg on the breastfeeding too..whhooohoooo..yay!

k..ive got a grumpy boy in my arms so will bbl...hes just been a terror at the shop running around grabbing everything lol

Jo

Soph dont even worry about posting individually to us ...I am sure we all just want to here about how you Ned , Lucie and DH are settling in.

Trace you should be very proud of yourself!.

Rae I hope your M/s does not last to long ..poor thing.

Alex I am still laughing at the thought of Jack going out the dog door!

Well nothing to report here....just working away

Yay Soph!! Welcome back, great to hear all is going well, I , too, can't wait to see a photo!

You have every right to be proud Trace, you've done a fab job! Yay for Indah's party too! Well done

Awww, Cass, hope Kaitlyn gets better for you soon!

Umm ma Sammy for pulling things off the shelf LOL, Zac pinches the price tags!!

Oh no Rae, sorry m/s has found you! But atleast it is comforting to have( in a weird way )

Hi Alex!
    Hi Brooke!
    Hi Maria!
    Hi Fletch!

Still busy over here with the clean up, but gee you dont realise how much you actually depend on electricity, I swear, any longer & I would have been insane! Also have to do some extra special cleaning inside as mum dad & sis will be down tomorrow for a few days.

Hi to all!

Storm - meant to mention how gorgeous your belly looks in your ticker pic!!!!!!

Awwwwwwww thanks Rae!

Storm thats so great you have your mum and dad and sister coming to stay. Bet the kids will love that!

Trace you have done so well..you should feel proud!

Cass hope all the snuggles yesterday did Kaitlyn the world of good. Is today a daycare day?

Awww Rae....the morning sickness...arrrghhhh. Hope its gentle for you this time around. Its hard feeling yuck when you have a little one to care for.

Soph thats so great that Ned's tongue tie isnt affecting his ability to suck. What a clever little man! Sammy had tongue tie..those first few weeks of feeding were terrible!! We had to alternate expressing and fingerfeeding to make sure he didnt loose too much weight...arghh..but then he finally got it! Do you have anyone staying with you now? That is so great you had no stitches..wtg..you are a natural!

Yay on all the clothes for Jack Alex. Birthdays are so great. Lol at him disappearing out the doggie door though lol. Sammy is the same..knows I leave the laundry door open so as soon as he gets a chance heads outside lol!

Weve gone for another nice walk. It tires him out though..after a little play he went straight to bed..little darling..either it was that or the shop terrorising lol. Oh we did bubbles the other day. He was just amazed as was running all around the yard trying to catch them...so cute!

Jo

Awww sounds gorgeous Brooke. A beautiful memory making day.

Jo

Morning!

Tracey - I totally agree about formula being a pain. SO good not to have to worry about bottles for Ned, although Lucie still has 2 a day, but we will look at cutting those out and just using her sippy cup soon.

Rae - Hope you don't feel too blurgh!

Fletch - What's up matey? All ok?

Storm - Ah soon your little girl will be here. Yay! Have you got electricity yet?

Brooke - The zoo sounds like heaps of fun. I bet Charli just loved it.

Jo (and Rae) - Glad to hear tongue tie didn't matter much with your bubs. A few LCs have suggested we get it snipped by the paed if it causes probs. Will just see how we go I guess.

Cass - Don't work too hard!

Not really posting in Sept bubs atm, too many people in there to get to know. So just posting in here. Tired today, Ned jjust wanted to feed heaps last night, like hourly until 10.30. I kept trying to put him down but he wouldn't settle until he had a full belly, but then didn't wake until 3.30 so that was good!

I gotta say I am soooo much more relaxed than with the entire horrible Lucie feeding experience i had. It is soooooo different and it kinda makes me sad that I missed out on this relaxed feeling with her. I used to cry every day about all the probs we had with her. It was so tough. Anyway all is good now and I feel so lucky to have such a beautiful family.

Soph I really think its natural to be so much more relaxed with the second..dont be too hard on yourself. I know I was the same with Jess..an absolute mess and my partner at the time was NO help whatsoever...just enjoy your beautiful babies. I hope Ned doesnt have to get his little tongue snipped. He sounds like hes doing wonderfully.

Fletchie is everything ok? Noticed your mood is still confused. Wouldnt be any of the babydust floating around would it?? Hehe..think your next!

We just had a blissful morning. I took Sammy out on his trike to the park. We went for a lovely walk on the cycle track and then did about 100 slides down the slide lol..hes now calling it a 'Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' LOL

Jo

Hi Everyone

it is ages since I have posted, every time I come online there are another 4 pages to read.
    Things not going so well with me, I found out on Friday that I am/was pregnant but yesterday the dating ultrasound looks as if the little one is likely to miscarry soon. I went to a absolutly lovely Ob today who agreed that it was very unlikely that the pregnancy will continue as the sac is very odd in shape and I have had bleeding on and off since I was in Darwin, not heavy though. So he said that if I haven't miscarried by next Friday he will do another ultrasound and if there has been no change I will probably have to have an op to clean things up. There is always a chance that a miracle will happen, but in my heart I knew something was not right this time around.

Maria has been going great lately, she is crawling soo fast it is tiring and she refuses to eat anything other than weetbix of a spoon, everything has to be finger food that she feeds herself - very messy but cute photos.

Hope all babies are well and haven't caught any of the nasties going around

Ohhh Big to you Louise and I hope things work out.... I'm hoping for a miracle for you.. I'm so glad you had a lovely Ob too. Please let us know how you are going and we will all be thinking of you too.

WOW at Maria crawling aroung sooo fast, and the only things Jack will eat off a spoon is Weetbix, spag bol, and yogurt..

Everyone else a huge to u all, but I've gotta go cause Sopranos are on like now!!!!

Goodnite......

P.S: Jo, I keep meaning to tell you that Sammy looks just adorable in you new ticker photo...

Aww Louise...Im so sorry to hear that. Having said that though..little ones can be so resiliant and I have every faith that this one is a sticker. Please take care of yourself wont you. Maria is sounding just so gorgeous..they get very fast dont they!

Thanks Alex!

Fletchie my fingers are crossed that its babydust hitting your household and not gastro!!!

Sammy is doing this little piggy on his toes!!! Its an absolute crack up..he wiggles his toes with his hands and sings in made up words..its just priceless...awwwww

Jo

Big Hugs Louise... I hope a miracle happens.....

I had a crying breakdown @ work & have jjst not been coping well with a few things. I am always the strong one that others pour their issues too & now I am just carrying so many others issues!
    Work is flat out & I hit the wall yesterday!!!

I spoke to a Manager (not mine coz she's hopeless!) & I feel a bit better!!!

Indah now weighs just over 9kgs & is 74.5cm tall..
    I compared her to Maddy's health centre book.. Maddy was 9.950kgs & 72cm @ 12 mths! Even though to me Indah seems so much bigger! I guess it's just the height & fact Maddy was running around & Indah loves to be cuddled & carried!!!

I will pop in when I can but at the moment I am just too busy!!!

Love to you all..... GL Fletch when do you get to POAS???

Massive hugs Louise. I hope it all works out ok for you.

Fletch - oh keep gastro away, it's the pits!

Lucie didn't wake till after 6 this morning! And I woke at 2am in a panic. It had been 5 hours since his last feed so i woke him. All good here and both now up so i'd better run.

Hi to everyone else!

Wow Soph..sounds like the kids are both doing so well. Does it feel weird to say babies or kids? LOL. I can remember each time it being so weird!

Fletchie yay..ya gotta POAS soon...its so exciting!!!!

Trace Im so sorry you are feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment. I think you cope sooooo well with your busy life. I hope you can sort things out with work and have a wonderfully relaxing weekend.

We have rhyme time at the library today but where is my little boy??? Sound asleep...he wanted a booby feed and fell asleep funny boy..so i put him on my bed and banged around getting ready but nope nothing..lol...oh well! We got him a new sandpit..just one of the clams and he just loves it...we showed it to him first thing this morning and he said "whasat" with absolute wonder...sweetheart!

Jo

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast