Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #24

Hi Girls!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!. Sorry I have been such a stranger but it is not often I get two weeks straight with my lovely DH and Beautilful princess so I wanted to lap up every moment of it !.

Storm congradulations on the birth of Angel !. She looks just gorgeous. I hope your milk has come in , I remember when I heomoraged ( not nearly as bad as you did by the sounds of it though!) they told me it delays the milk coming in due to the trauma to the body ..so I hope it is all flowing now!.

Soph I am soooo glad little Ned is on the mend what a horrible thing for him and you all to have to face!. I hope he starts his recovery feeding frenzy for you .

Rae so sorry to hear about Tias little battle....looks like you will have a leader as she is already beating a challange given to her!

Brooke I hope you are resting up and the MIL is not driving you to mad!.

Trace I cant believe how much Indah is saying now..what a smart little cookie. HOw is your pregnancy going?.

Louise it was so nice to chat with you yesterday !....cant wait to catch up.

Bec I hope you had a nice break with your Family and Josh and I am so glad your pregnancy is going well !.

Well we had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!. I will try and keep it short as I could seriously write an essay !. Christmas Eve/Day was Hectic but fun , Kaitlyn got so many pressies that our house is out of control!. I have put some aside for later and am considering Chicken Elmo and Dancing Elmo on Ebay as she already has potty Elmo and some other one. Plus she got that Zebra rocking thing by Fisher price I think which she loves, plus a sandpit and a Huge pool thing which wont be used much as I am very water conscious so will be a treat, cabage patch doll , pram ..man oh man list goes on!. I think we over did it but hey!. I still did my childrens gifts to the salvos so as long as I always do that I dont mind over indulging my own daughter!. I also got spoilt with heaps ..gold class tickets ..coffee machine (for DH from my mum) ...and mum got be a personally autographed book of Bryce Courtneys new book!!!...I have another autographed one but apparently he has stopped doing autographs now so mums boss who is a friend of his had it done for me and sent to mums office!! So the effort put into the gift made it so much more special.

Jervis bay was GREAT ...beach and sleep was all we did really which was so nice. Kaitlyn has found the best routine since being on holidays!. Usually one nap 2-3hours around midday and then bed 730-8pm and up around 630am!!!!!! So proves to me although she loves daycare home would still be a better place for her at this age. She just florished while we were away ...walking is 100% now and no falls like she was having at daycare . She has now learnt to say and understands the meaning of Car , More , Finished (ished) and hands me her plate, Hello , blows kisses , shoes , ta and when she wants milk before bed she takes us to the kitchen to the fridge!. I am so suprised at how much she has picked up in general things in two weeks. It is amazing what real one on one time can do for a child. Makes me really sad as I did not want to come back to work today :-(

But 2007 is going to be a big year for DH and I ! . We are getting a dog in a few weeks...Lens family dog as they have downsized so we are taking him . Plus we have just listed our unit (the one we used to live in ) as our tennants have bought a house so are moving out. Then hopefully we will buy a house this year yayaya.

I am 100% in for a catch up girls!....Mondays are great for me as this is my day off.

Ok I think I have bored you enough....I could go on forever though.

Hello!

Cass - Your trip sounds lovely and Kaitlyn sounds gorgeous! Glad you had a fun time away.

Brooke - How is your DH? I can't believe your bub will be here so soon, wow! Take care matey and rest up if you can. Hope the pain goes soon for you.

Jo - I agree with Louise, 11 kids is madness! Have a restful day today.

Tracey - I know you've probably said, but are you going to find out gender of Digger? We have your cold weather here today too! Indah is so clever with all her words. Lucie still just says 'daaaaaay' for everything

Hi Fletch! How is your belly going matey?

First boot camp this morning - wow I'll be hurting tomorrow!

Louise - Been baking any beautiful cakes latelY?

Hey Soph, Nope I dont think I will be finding out gender, I think 1 last surprise but then part of me thinks last time so find out!??? I will decide when I get my scan!? Hope Boot camp isnt too bad!???

Brooke, I hope you manage to rest & Charli enjoys her time at MIL's... You poor bugger if it aint 1 thing its' another hey!!!!

JO... Phew 11 kids, that's a monsterous effort!!! Well done on surviving it!!!

Storm, how is Angel???

Maria, sounds like Louise is getting the hang of walking & will be running around in no time!!!

Cass, Yay welcome back & woo hoo on a great family holiday, Yay to Kaitlyn for walking too... They just change so quickly hey, maddy reckons Indah has grown heaps in the week she was away & the 2 of them last night rolling around on the floor Maddy was cracking up at Indah yelling at her. Mum bought Indah some little shoes with a squeaky heel, so last night when I got home from work she was holding Mum's hand walking & gigging with each squeak, she slept with the shoes last night & kept telling me to put her shoes in her nappy bag, she wouldnt let me put them on her but she wanted them to go with her to day care!!!

The carer has said yesterday she didnt carry Indah to change her nappy instead she just held her 1 hand & walked her to the change area, we are all trying to get her to walk.. She will stand in middle of the room for 15 mins but wont take a step, although she has a few times but oh well, I guess in her own time!?

I am starting to stress about what to do next year!? As I will start maternity leave at the end of JUne, I will have to come back to work in Jan, but I think I am better of throwing in all my responsibilities & going into the factory from 3:30 til Midnight, so I am home with the kids & DH can feed & bath them & get thgem in to bed...?
    I just know that even if I do this job but starting later they make you feel guilty for not coming for Urgent things & even now they wanted me in at 6:30 on MOnday & I said I cant due to daycare, it was suggested there must be something I could do & I hate the pressure that the role forces me to have, so do you seriously think if you were a new Mum of a 6ish month old & knew you HAVE to work, do you think you could cope with working afternoons til midnight (It's only 5 mins max from our home) then sleep from say 1am by the time I am home & had a cup of chammomile tea til 7:30am get maddy ready for school etc & home napping & preparing dinner then leaving for work at 3pm? It'd mean NO childcare anymore...???

I am scared about missing DH, but we dont do anything during the weeknights or Friday nights!!! OOOH too hard... The other thing is alot of the work is going to Asia so next 5ish yrs the plant may close in office our redundancies are capped at 26wks pay.... No matter the years of service, but in factory it is per years of service & mine would transfer across so it woulde be more than 26wks!???

YIKES any thoughts??? Help me what would you do... It could be for 3 yrs & I can then change shifts maybe????

*coming from office to factory I'd be well looked after too??? oh I dont know

Hope boot camp went well Soph ...good on you !.

Trace I would go factory. I know sometimes it is hard to get your head around moving from office and also moving to night shift but I think the years with the kids are so short and then they are off to school!. When we have another I will look for nights to I think and see how it goes. And It is hard as my work also puts pressures on me with hours ...and it sucks! Would love to have a 9-5job ( or 330-midnight!)....wish I was in melbourne.

Well girls about to pack up and head home after my first day back . It was yucky as expected but I must admit I spend most of it gossiping with the girls about our holidays hehehe.

Cass your holiday sounds gorgeous. Good for you...it must have been lovely having all that time with your Dh and Kaitlyn. Its so amazing just how much they are learning now isnt it. They are such clever clever little darlings. I can definately see changes week to week with Sammy.

Trace..wow you do have a big decision to make. I can understand how the factory would be a big change but maybe it would work better for you. Maddy might notice it though with you not being there weeknights but saving on daycare would definately be a great help to the budget no doubt...and you can always make the weekends extra special....arghh decisions decisions.....i really feel for you.

Soph....what is boot camp???? I must have missed that somewhere. Sounds interesting though. Hope the babies are doing well...is it nice having DH home with you.

Louise yes it was mad...not my planning let me tell you lol...we just had some uninvited guests lol....makes it fun anyway. Today has been so quiet. Jess is away and Livvy isnt feeling well so has been curled up sleeping. Emmy and Sammy are playing so nicely together and im just smiling at my clean house lol.

We are talking big time about Darren leaving his day job and just working nights and going back to uni to finish hes bachelor of education. He has 18 months left..and that way i could finish mine too...big decision. We dont have that many commitments but its scarey all the same loosing a whole income. Arrrghhhhh decisons!

Jo

Hi girls - just popping in to say hi and hope you all had a great new years!!!!

Storm - hope you and little Angel are doing really well.
    Louise - wishing you the very best as you TTC - hope there'll be another bub asap.
    Cass - thanks for your kind words re Tia - i think you're right...sh'es gonna be a strong little thing!
    Brooke - is there gonna be a Sydney meet soon? I'm out of touch...but will look forward to one if there's gonna be one shortly.
    Big HI to Jo, Soph, Alex, Fletchy and Tracey....hope i haven't forgotten anyone.

We are doing well - got back my amnio report today so i can confirm that Tia is definatley a girl and has no abnormalities. It's great to read it on paper. We also have Ella's new room nearly complete - it look fabulous and she loves to go and play in there. We won't get her to sleep in there for a few more months though. Ella's doing great - she's so funny running about all over the place, chatting away and LOVES to sing. I think we have a future Australian Idol on our hands - lol! ...Yet - still no hair - hehehehe. Awww she's just gorgeous!

Good Morning Girls,

Jo isnt it the best feeling to sit back and look at a clean house hehe. Simple things I know but once you have kids it aint to simple! hehe

Rae I am so glad to hear Tia is still a little princess and is as perfect as we expected she would be!. Ella sounds just gorgeous running around singing. I am still trying to get Kaitlyn to dance hehe.

Well second day back at work ewww. Kaitlyns first day back at daycare so I will give them a call around midday and see how she is going. Trying to convince DH to change careers hehehe ..not sure it will work as he loves Real Estate ..but I so miss not having him home until 830pm and also not seeing him sats and most sundays :-( Bit bummed about it at the moment.

Anyone out there know the winning lotto numbers....I am really trying to find them!

Have a great day all you chickadees!

And lets organise a catch up ASAP ......what about Monday 22nd Jan? Just throwing a date out there to get started!

OOOH can I share the winning lotto numbers too, I need them so I can retire!

Hey Rae Stoked to hear Tia is perfect & still a girl, not many boys called Tia around hey!?!!!!

OK sorry just gotta run it's bedlam ATM!

will be back soon!

Ohhhhhh I'm so tempted to jump on a plane to meet all you lovely ladies! Maybe if I happen to win that elusive lotto........

Cass - What career would DH possibly switch to? I don't know how you girls cope with DH's coming home late. My DH is usually home around 4pm and has school hols off (being a teacher) and I love it! I'd be even more of a nutcase if he didn't have so much time at home.

Rae - Tia will be a gorgeous girl I am sure. Ella will be the best big sister too! Don't worry, she will get some hair soon!

Jo - Boot camp is a full on exercise program run in groups - like army style. Ours is run by 'Sargeant' Dan and is a lot of drills and full on. I am hurting today! It's just what I need to get me back into shape and motivated. I can't believe I used to run half marathons! I reckon your DH should finish his degree and then he can be a teacher and have school hols too! Starting grad salary is about to be something ridiculous here too - upwards of $50k or something next year I think. And he could look after the kids in the hols!

Trace - Hope you work out the work situation. Shift work would be tough, but yeah it might work better for you in the end. And if you do find out Diggers gender, you know we'll pester you 'til you tell us LOL.

DH took Lucie over the road to the hospital this am (love living so close!). Her eye is all swollen and puffy - apparently an allergic reaction to a bite. She looks deranged! Poor little mite.

Ok off to do some nappy shopping Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

*your secret is safe with us Soph*

Apparently I was bitten by a spider or bug as a toddler near my eye during the night & when I woke up Mum thought someone had been in & attacked me, as my face was swollen, but my eye was bloodshot & the size of a tennis ball & I couldnt open it, a few days on antihitamines & it was all back to normal... I hope Lucies eye is OK...

Hmmm, I am not sure if I will be finding out, I have my scan on Friday to see where I am at & then I will think about it for my next scan.....

Rae, I can cut Indah's hair & send you some if you like!???

OK, happy shopping Soph! I got so many nappies, I cant wiat to have a nb in nappies again...

LMAO Trace and sharing Indah's hair around:biggrin: Yay for your scan on Friday too...betcha cant wait!!!!

Awww Soph poor miss Lucie..hope shes ok now. That is so great that the hosp is so close...very reassuring for you no doubt. Ahhh yes we are already talking about the school holidays.....weve made up our minds. Hes actually giving notice today. We will definately notice the loss in income but he has been able rustle up some more work so we will be ok..just tighten our belts so to speak.

Ohhh Cass....career changes hey..awesome. Too bad he likes it too much eh? I know what you mean about long hours. For us it was becoming too much though so weve really had to look at what is important in our life and thankfully we both agree. Im so looking forward to an easier year this year....boo to long hours!

Rae yay that all is well with little Tia and thats great youve had more confirmation about her being a little girl. I loved having the girls together..it was so lovely. I was one of those really sad mums lol who dressed the girls alike....could get away with it til jess was size 6 but after that nup...hehe....think she would have proteseth too much after a while anyway!!!

We are off to have lunch with mum today and family today. They got back from Sydney on Monday and we have pressies to pick up. Its crazy weather here too today.windy and wet one minute..sunny the next ....go figure lol

Have a nice day everybodddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Jo

Yeah send me some of Indah's hair Trace - ANYTHING!!!!!!!!! I didn't have a proper amount of hair til i was at school so i should expect it'll be the same with El. Maybe Tia will take more after Paul's side and have some????

Hope the weather wasn't too unpredictable for you today Jo.

Hope all you lovelies had a great day!

Aww Rae what a gorgeous photo...i love it!

Jo

Soph I hope Lucies little face is going down ..poor bubba!. Not sure what DH would do if he changed careers ..dont like my chances of getting him to do it though as he LOVES Real Estate . I tried to convince him to buy a lawn mowing franchise and just take it easy and enjoy life but that didnt go :-(. Yesterday after two weeks with him it just kind of hit home that I never see him ...feels horrible.

Jo I hope you and the kids god lots of pressies! I think the whole weather thing is crazy ...our poor planet.

Rae I can send you some of Kaitlyns hair as well if you like ..she does not have nearly as much as Indah to spare but I know she would not mind sharing. Ella could have Indahs lovely dark hair with Kaitlyns as highlights hehehe. Love the pic as well!.

Trace how is your pregnancy going? Feeling tired or just full of beans?.

I first would like to say I miss my girl!. She had her first day back at daycare yesterday and only slept 30mins ALL DAY...then took an hour to get to sleep (finally went down 830pm)and woke up at 545am this morning...and walla she is having balance issues as of this morning!. So I think it is being overtired. When we were on holidays she was getting at least 3hours more sleep within a 24hour period. It was so upsetting as she was grumpy , crying , unhappy little bubba yesterday and unfortunatley I know it is now from being overtired due to not sleeping well during the day :-(. She was a totally different child while on holidays!. Anyway ...as my girlfriend would say to me "suck it up princess" heheheheh Guess you just gotta deal with it hey!. At least she is only in there 3days a week . Just feeling a bit down today ..back to work /daycare blues I guess!.

Cheer me up ladies with what you are up to with your lovely bubs today!

Cass - Massive hugs and kisses honey. Just think, Kaitlyn will just LOOOOOOOOVE the times she does spend with you and you can all enjoy those precious moments to the max. Just think that Day care has it's upsides too like increasing her social skills and stuff. Thinking of you.

Jo - Whooohooo on giving notice - that's fab! I actually enrolled to do an external secondary teaching degree before I had Lucie but then put it off. Got to finish my CPA first anyway! And don't worry, we somehow survive on one teachers income with a big mortgage too. I reckon you just adjust and no matter how much money you have, things are always tight. Now our entertainment is usually taking the kids to the beach or park. Free and we love it!

Trace - Ahh the nappy bug has certainly bit me. I just need some more $$$'s. DH won't let me buy any more until the credit card has been paid off. How long is Indah's hair now????

Rae - Ahhhh Ella is a gorgeous baldy! Don't worry Ned is a baldy to atm, he lost his beautiful platinum blond locks.

Lucie's eye is better. Think she will be like me with bites - I react to everything.

Boot camp was fitness test this morning. I used to be soooo toned and muscly and have a 6 pack, now I can't even do 1 sit up
    Last edited by Soph; January 11th, 2007 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Needed to add to post

Ok ladies, I wont go through it all again, but I got some horrific news last night that friend of very close friends of our s passed away on monday, we met the other couple on about 6 or so occasions... He has left behind a 24 yr old partner & 2 young sons... It is just devastatingly sad!!! Such a waste of a life & I have no idea how she will cope... It is a long story & I am waiting to find out what happened... He had (about a year ago stupidly drunk to celebrate finally getting a home loan to provide for his partner & at the time new son & 2 yr old son.... He had a severe accident & spent the next few months in a drug induced coma, a battle with brain issues, rehab & severe remorse & guilt, last I heard he was doing really well & although would never be the same, he was looking to have a promising future, the love of the Mother of his sons & his friends.. I just cant fathom how one could cope in such a situation...

Cass, Honey I feel your pain in regards to work & I am heading off soon (Maybe next Monday) to discuss options of actually only doing the 7:45pm til midnight shift in the factory as it will probably work out $600 a month less, but we now pay $400 a month in care for Indah so it would be more with 2 & as we are earning less with 3 kids we may get more from C/link??? So for $50 per week I'd rather be home with my kids!!!! I am hoping to get exact figures, so then it will be a whole dayu at home dinner with family & Dh putting kids to bed, we can both cope with that! No child care & a mummy who is with them when they are awake!!!! I wont be too zonked either as I can just get up to drive Maddy to school & have showers & get 2 littlies dressed & fed etc after school drop off, so I think if the pay is what I have worked it out to be it should work!!!!
    Plus we have agreed we will do some overtime each to compensate & I have been told I'd probably take home more at the end of the year with doing a Sunday every month! 4 hours is better than 8 all day! I figure I can always do some cash work on the w/ends too maybe or do something at home during the week? book work or something??? But as you say the more you earn the more you spend, so I am really looking forward to nutting it all out, plus I could then return to work sooner as I can easily express enough for a 4 hour period, so it might not be so bad...? I might even do a course or something in a years time???

Soph, glad Lucie is OK & what a good Mum you are doing Boot camp! I would never have the energy.. Indah's hair when wet is atleast half way down her back, but when dry the curls bounce it back up... Her fringe is as long as her chin!

Rae, AWESOME news regarding Tia still being Tia & having no other problems, what a little fighter!

Thanks soph for your kind words ....and how good are you doing boot camp!. It must be nice to do something for yourself as I imagine you would not get much time for yourself anymore!. Glad to hear Lucies swelling is going down.

Trace your plan sounds great!. You know it was funny ....last night I was stressed out as we got locked out of the house and Kaitlyn was hungry and thirsty as we had just come home from daycare..then after we got in (1hour laterer) I had no time to cook her dinner so she had to have frozen left overs (defrosted of course!)..And I was just highly stressed as Kaitlyn was so upset ...anyway long story short I thought of you and thought ...what would tracey do ..heheh as you just seem to cope so well with all that is on your plate!!! So I smacked on a smile and got on with it ....funny though how I thought of you and it cheered me up ..so thank you !

ok ...off for a cuppa!

Awww Trace what a horrific thing to have happen. Your poor friend. Thinking of you at this sad sad time. It really does make you put things in perspective doesnt it. Trace your plan really does sound great. It makes so much sense too when you are taking the costs out of daycare it really doesnt leave you that much out of pocket...good for you!!!I so hope it works the way you want it too.

Awww Cass There are so many great benefits of child care. Kaitlyn must just be loving all the interaction with lots of other little kids her age. Is she in a room with under 2's? I know different centres are different but it must be lovely for her to have so many little friends. Ive got all plans to put Sammy back into playgroup and start toddler gym when the school term starts up again because hes surrounded by all bigger kids..it will be nice for him to see more of little people. I hope that the time you and your Dh do have together is made all the more special because it is that bit more precious....its certainly hard fitting in long hours.

Soph wow that sounds so great. I wish they had a program like that here...must be fabulous feeling so proactive like that. I have slacked off so much over the school hols..have not even been walking...but have vowed to take Sammy for a ride with the girls on the bike today. Thanks for the reassurance with Darren teaching. Fortunately as he has his own business he has been lucky enough to pick up enough extra work to fund going back and studying and it really only means working 4 nightsf a week....so the days around uni are free...and lets face it..contact time e at uni is never very much. Its been lots to think of though...we have had lots to think of though. The other business Darren has been building up from scratch and the idea has been all along that with Darren and I being shareholders that we would be taking over the daily day to day running of the shop....so huge turn around for us...but it feels so right so we are going with it. :eek: I hope it all works out....lol. Im thinking of going back to uni too...i have an unfinished teaching degree and social work degree and nursing degree..arent i terrible....but will see how it works out....Me...im a bit of a scaredy cat about putting sammy into care.

Hope you are all having a lovely day. We went shopping yesterday and Ive filled Sammys little wiggles metal lunch box thingie with little farm animals. He thinks that they are just great and is right now walking around with the cow going moooo mooooo lol..funny boy.

Jo

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast