Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2005 #3

OOOOOOOOOOH the noises are tremendous hey!!!!

Indah cries & babbles 'Mmamamamamamaaaa"
    I love it, almost wants me to make her cry... hee hee :smt016

She also gets up on her knees & pushes herself foward...

They are so different, Maddy was walking at 10months, but didnt have any teeth yet, Indah does & is only 5months!

I just want to roll all over the floor & bed with her when I get home from work, I miss her so much!!!!

Soph, ofcourse it is normal to say that you enjoy the interaction now with Lucie more......

Ok almost home time yay!!!!!!!!!

Hi Girls ,

thanks for all your replies on the wrapping ..oh to wrap or not to wrap hehe.

I love their noises too...Kaitlyn does these playful squealing kind of thing ..which by the way she is doing right now at 830pm when she should be sleeping in there!. And when she is tired she does this half squeal half sigh kind of thing ...hehe cute!

Its so amazing how they all develop at such different rates. Kaitlyn is not crawling , she can roll back to tummy but as she hates being on her tummy she does not do that much , she only once rolled back to tummy and thumped her head on the floorboards so she has not done that again, no teeth , but wants to stand ALL DAY!. ...oh yeah cant sit up yet either. She was SO advanced as a newborn ...holding head and following objects , now she seems to have relaxed and is taking her time

Better run ...the fun chatter/squealing in the bedroom has turned to a cry and I have a cat sitting staring at me wanting me to get the laptop of my lap and let him on!! haha

Cass

GeorgieK Guest

So much to catch up on after a horrid busy week....I just dont have time to work, theres too much else to do!

Soph, first, an apology....I have just re-read what I posted last week about feeding, trying to be rah-rah and encouraging, and it just sounded so trite. Im really sorry, I was trying to be sympathetic and having some minor feeding probs myslef thought it would come out better. Im sorry it sounded so dismissive, not at all my intention.....note to self: read posts before submitting!!

LOL at Lucie rubbing her eyes while eating. James does the same and we almost need to hose him down. He ends up looking like a little rembrandt with pumpkin eyebrows, little mo and beard... Have to say I also am enjoying James more every day now that he's so interactive. Esp when he holds his arms out to be picked up, love that.

Congrats Kirsty on being pg, but I have to say 14 months is pretty close!! DH and I had a Talk about this tonight, I think he's in your and Soph's camp and we'd be trying now if it was up to him! Dont feel like Im quite ready just yet....

Storm, what happened with the crazy neighbour??? And its ace that Zac has a tooth, and Lucie too! Both of James bottom two came up togehter, just appeared one morning after about 30 mins of crying. The others, though, are making more trouble...

Cass, on the wrapping - curious about the pressure not to? I know 12 month olds that are still wrapped. We have gone back to wrapping James during the day sleeps, because they started to at childcare. He would startle when the other babies woke and wake himslef up. He goes down so much better when he cant wave his arms around and pull his dummy out to look at it. If wrapping suits Kaitlyn, I dont see any problmes with that, I reckon you do whats best for her and you. Like most baby things, everyone has an opinion!!

Jo, good to hear that Sammy is getting into the finger foods. Im taking things pretty slow with James (had chicken tonight, went down well), but it makes me confident to give finger foods a go with him. Sounds like Sammy has an interesting palate though!

After the two weeks from hell, James woke up on Sunday morning and it was like a fever had broken, so happy. Feeding problems gone, tummy problems gone (3 huuuggeee poos on Saturday, go prunes, go prunes!!). Sleeping really well and mostly through the night again. Phew. We had our 6 months check on Monday, 7.3 kgs, so going up, yay. Now all the other issues are sorted, we can manage the teething better and everyone's happy. On to three meals a day, and have even dropped a bf. Didnt think it would happen so quickly, shame its not the 530 am or the 1030 pm one!

Anyway, enough. Have a good night everyone.

Georgie

Fletchie..course you can come and play lol. We love having you and Zane in our thread..and given that our bubbies are only a couple of days apart i think its great! Zane is just a perfect lil guy and wow a fantastic sleeper..i need to get him to give Sammy a pep talk

Soph wow I had no idea Lucie was mobile What a clever lil pumpkin! She knows she is gonna be a big sister eh..shes trying to make it obvious..as in me not baby..lol. I know exactly what you mean about enjoying our littleuns more now that they are so much more intereactive. It just is so much fun isnt it.

Tracey the babbling is gorgeous isnt it...it sounds so cute. I pretend with the girls like he is really saying things..lol. They think hes amazing (of course he is!!!)I do love those first words too though that are actually connected to people and things...theres so much to look forward to.

Cass it is funny how they all develop so differently isnt it. Although they all catch up in the end. I used to freak out with Olivia after having Em and Jess crawling at 7 months, walking at 12 to Olivia crawling at 12 months and walking at 17. I completely freaked out though I shouldnt have. She was just learning in her own way...and given that she was reading before she went to preschool i think her brain was just taking everything all in!!! Ouchies at the thump on the floorboards..lol...poor darling..it would probably put me off rolling too. Sammy banged his head the other day too..i felt so awful.

Georgie I am so glad to hear that your horrid two weeks are over and the feeding and tummy probs are finished. Hes going great guns isnt he..clever lil fella.

Well we had a birthday party this arvo which was fun. Poor Sammy isnt feeling well though. He has a temp and while he is in good spirits he is still not himself. I hope hes feeling better tomorrow..there is nothing worse than a sick bubba.

Jo

Think I have a throat infection, but have to go in to work today & then this arvo parent teacher meeting!!!!

Fletch, you duffa, you can play with whoever, whenever you like!!!

Try not to get stuck in judging & comparing Zane to others though, because ALL Bubbas are different...
    Maddy & Indah are different & I hope I dont judge Indah or compare her to Maddy...

So try not to worry, plus he is the youngest too, so pop in here (not my thread either BTW!) hee hee!

second tooth is cutting through now too... But Indah seems fine with it... so far!!! Ok gotta go get Maddy ready for school & then off to work! :fuming:

Oh how lovely a heap of posts to read this morning yay!!!!

Cass - Kaitlyn might be one of those bubs that goes straight to walking and skips the crawling part. How cute that she loves standing!

Georgie - Don't be silly, I didn't think anything bad at all re your post! Glad James is getting all sorted again for you - wow 3 poohs in 1 day!!!!

Kate - Yeap it's public knowledge now that #2 is coming. How are you feeling? I still forget sometimes that I am pg! Must admit I am A LOT more relaxed about this pg than with Lucie. I was so stressed out with her after the m/c.

Fletch - I love having you in here - please stay!!!! And yeah I know I desperately need to update Lucie's site. Will take some more photos and get them developed. They take forever to get them put on a CD in Lismore though, not like 1 hour in Brisbane! Oh we need a digital camera. It's fantastic that Zane is such a good sleeper, I totally wouldn't worry about him. He'll probably walk without crawling too. A friend has a boy who is 9.5 months and doesn't crawl or walk. Just sits there! And not really that long till you TTC #2 - yippeee!

Jo - Yeap she is very mobile. Now when I am on the computer, I have to put her up the other end of teh room (a long sunroom) and run to the computer and then say 'Come and get me'. She crawls straight up to me and thinks it's hilarious. Then she tries to switch the hard drive off :-k

How is Sammy today? Any better?

Tracey - Hope your throat clears up quick smart and you are feeling better soon.

Oh well better shower I guess..........

Awww Soph , how cute.!! Lucie sounds like a treasure, I can't beleive she is crawling!! How far along are you now?

Hi Fletchie & Zane great to have you here!!!, Zane is sitting? WOW!!
    Zac is with Zane exactly with the sleeping routine, but sometimes his arvo nap is a 2 hrs one as well, which is a bit of a bummer coz he misses out on his shower with daddy & has to have a bath.

Georgie HI!! Glad to here that the prunes were a go & everything has settled. As for my neighbour, well... norty norty Bill, is all I can say.He wont be doing that again!!

Cass Hello, re wrapping, Zac is still wrapped, not arms in though, he never liked that from birth, but if he wasn't wrapped he still sleeps fine, but he kicks off any covers I put on, so the wrap stays for however long it needs to, atm it's a large muslin, in winter I guess I'll either change to a sleeping bag, or use one of the cot blankets.

Hello JoSammy is eating toast eh? What a clever boy, I'm too scared to give Zac any, although he has a crust & devoured it & now has lumpy food perhaps I should be brave.

I'm just getting lost here so HELLO to everybody.
    Everyone here is wiped out with the flu, Zac too He hardly fed at all yesterday nor drink any fluids, not a great combination with a temp, so when He did have some bottle I added 15mls extra water to it.He seems ok today but I feel like my head has doubled in size.
    Zac got another tooth on Tuesday!!!

Going to go & pop some more panadol & have a lie down, talk soon..........

Storm - Poor Zac. Hope he perks up today for you. How many teeth does he have now? I'm 11.5 weeks along and time is flying! Itr's funny, with Lucie I soooo wanted a bump, but not this time! It will just make things difficult with Lucie.

Anyway Fletch spurred me into action and there are 7 new photos on Lucie's site if you want to check them out.

Awesome pic's Soph!!!! =D>

Soph they are great pics. Shes such a darling. I love your preggo belly in your pic too...wow nearly 12 weeks..its just flying along isnt it. PMSL at the come and get me..lol..that must be a crack up.

Thanks for asking about Sammy. We went out last night and he got so hot and vommitted (something he very rarely does) that i was determined to take him to the drs today to get him looked at...but whadya know..at 4 this morning it was like his fever broke and he was smiling and happy and playing lol. It must have been some sort of virus or something. Hes still not 100% but hes heaps better and not hot like he has been. We have stayed home from our bubby nursery rhymes today just in case. I would hate to pass anything on to anyone else.

Tracey hope the throat doesnt cause you too much grief. Glad that Indah's tooth isnt bothering her too much.

Awww Storm you poor thing. I hope the flu germies leaves your place pronto!!! Yaay on Zac getting a tooth. We are still toothless but he mashes really well!!!

Jo

Hey Girls, I thought it was about time that I joined in.

Just to introduce myself for those who don't know me, here are the details that I have emailed to be added to the first page:

Forum name: Bec77
    State: NSW
    Baby's DOB: 27 August 2005
    Baby's Stats: Weight: 1796g / 3lb15oz - Length: 46cm - Head Circ: 31.7cm
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby's Name: Joshua Michael
    Baby's Website: http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/j/joshuamichael
    Health Concerns: Nil
    Notes: Joshua was born @ 32+4. He spent 4 weeks in special care but is fine now!

I look forward to chatting!

Fletchie I put Sammy in the sitting up part of the trolley instead of the capsule last week and he loved it. Ive been looking at the inserts too cos last week i had to put a blanket all around him so he didnt try and lean over to eat everything lol.

Hello and welcome Bec and Joshy \/

Jo

Wow, you're quick Fletch!!

Josh is going really well thanks. He is rolling all over the place now and I think he is trying to sit up on his own. And still as gorgeous as ever if I do say so myself.

It's great to see you in here too. I was just reading about how you feel more comfortable in here at the moment and I can understand. I've taken this long to join in for the same reason - I mean, because Josh was premmie and is likely to reach his milestones later than full term bubs, I felt a bit "behind". But that's ok. I realise now that all bubs develop at different rates anyway, so I'm fine with that.

I'm happy to still do a meet here as well as the big meet up if you want. What do you think?

Give the gorgeous Zane a big cuddle for me.

Thanks for the welcome Jo!

Love

Josh looks simply gorgeous Bec.

Fletchie thanks for the links hon..decisions decisions!

Jo

Yay Bec - Hello!!!!!!!!! Can you believe Josh is going to be 1/2 a year old in a few days???? Lucie hits the 6 month mark tomorrow :shock: So lovely to have you here.

Wow Fletch and Jo - I hadn't even thought beyond moving from the capsiule trolley - how exciting!!!! (Yes sadly I get excited over the little things these days ) I reckon I'll look at getting one of those trolley things too. Whenever we go shopping now I have to cover the straps with a wrap because Lucie LOVES to chew them. Eeeeeeeeeeewwwwww germies!

Fletch - Has your headache gone yet? Yeap Lucie is such a happy baby, always laughing and smiling! It was so hard to take those pics 'cos she kept cracking up and hurrying towards the camera!

Jo - Hope Sammy has an awesome night tonight - you both deserve it! And yeah I can't believe I am nearly 12 weeks either :shock:

Hello Tracey!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Jo! Your little guy's a real cutie pie too! I love the photo in your ticker, he looks so happy. I hope the poor little fella is feeling better tonight. BTW, Josh came close to being a Samuel too!

Hey Soph! I know, 6 months! :shock: Where does the time go? I love the new pics on Lucie's website. How cute is her bikini?!!

Hi to all the other mums and bubs too. I'm madly trying to get up to speed...

Soph I get excited about the little things too..lol....like our foxtel had been playing up and is now fixed..yipeee..lol Thanks for your well wishes...i will accept any sleep vibeslol.

Bec....Sammy was almost a Josh!!!! So close in fact that the girls for the first few days were saying Joshy...i mean Sammy! Great names!

Jo

I added a few more pic's too...
    When a friend sent me the ywaning one recently I realised how much Indah's hair had grown!!!

I might buy some ribbons & clips soon!!!

Hi to one & all...
    My head hurts so off to bed in a minute!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast