Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2006 #5

IT was like 30 at 10pm... its starting to warm up again, but will be muggy today as its going to be 32 with rain and thunderstorms developing. Bring on the rain i say!! Oh, and there will be strong wind gusts today, so make sure nothing will blow away in your backyard... check out bom (gov.au) that is such a good site for weather...

it is so hot, i don't think our house got under 25deg last night, w went to rosebud yesterday and it was so nice there MAdison went swimming and i tired to put her bathers on her and they are too small, poor thing, so i am off to the surf shops to find her another pair.

Hi girls, my mum has just left so I can now have time for bb

Adrian is good, rolling all the time now from back to front and on Tuesday rolled for the first time from back to front then front to back, he`s also sitting up and getting up onto his knees, OMG this boy will be off before I know it, his teeth still haven`t come through, they are taking their time.

Hope your all well.

Hey my buddies!

God, will it ever get cool again?!!!!!! it's been waaaay too hot - i've been permanently sweating, yuck!! Lucas is having lots of long naps though which is good!! oh, and guess what happened today?????

LUCAS ROLLED FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!!! yaaay for my little boy!

I left him on his back on his activity mat while I washed his bottles, checked on him after a few minutes and he was on his tummy!! it happened again when I put him in his cot just before for a nap - went to check on him, and there he was on his tummy again!!! so i'm a proud and happy mummy today :-)

Sarah - welcome back! did you enjoy your time away? was William a good boy?

Sammi - we have a 4 wheeler - Bertini Bidwell - the really old Vline trains are really narrow, and I just don't think the pram would fit - although saying that i've seen wheelchairs get on, and surely our pram isn't wider than those?!!!
    He he at Caleb puking on the carpet!!!

Kelly - how is Charlottle going with her sleeping? hope she is more settled for you.

Dee - Adrian sounds so advanced for his age! he is doing so, so well!!

Kat
    xx

Hi girls

Kat~ Yay on Lucas rolling!!! William is so lazy, I don't think he is ever going to roll. We had a great holiday and William was a very good boy.

Dee~ Adrian is doing lots!! He is going to be crawling around before you know it.

Kelly~ DFO has some great bathers for kids at the surf shop. Much cheaper!

So who is coming to our meet up Aust Day weekend?? I think I am definatly in, except I may have to bring DH as it is our annual trip to Tiffany & Co for the anniversary present!!!!

William was a good boy and slept in his cot last night for the first time. I had to get up a couple of times and put his dummy in, but I think that was due to the heat.

I feel like a girls night out tonight, I think I will have to go and call some girlfriends.

Sarah

lucysmummie Guest

hey chookens just a quick note from me busy busy today doing house stuff...

Kat~ YAY for Lucas!!

Deejoy~ WOW ur buba boy sounds like he will be crawling in no time!!

Sarah~ YEAH have a girls night I WISH I could do that...dont have any girl friends in canberra anymore they have all moved away or are moving...
    Well Im up for meetin still and danny will be coming too. I tried to get in contact with DD but the number I had for her was wrong I hope she comes online so we can meet up. can mayb one of u girls who have memberships PM Rails and ask her to tell DD? Kat are u gona come??? PLease pretty PLEASE....

anyway gota go I got a headache, went to bed late last night and danny didnt want to feed lucy this morning at 5am so I had to do it...5 hrs sleep...mmm YAY

i hate this heat... his arent coping very well, wont settle, and when they pass out from exhaustion, the ir sleeps are only little naps... tomorrow's only meant to be 25...

Sarah, if you're ever heading into the city on a girls night out, let me know. I'm always up for one!! I dont really have any friends that go out, so i dont go out...

hi all
    i am sooooooooooo looking forward to the weather cooling down. It is just way to hot.
    We went out to dinner tonight in the city and my dad and step mum made sure that is was pram friendly, when we got there it was a different story we had to list the pram over the tables, move chairs around, it was a pain the ***.

I will come to the meet up, just let me know, i would love to meet you all.

Sarah- did you go on a girls night out?

Kat- all trains should be able to take a pram on, just ring and ask.

Hi guys!

Sorry it's been a while since I've checked up on you all. I just don't seem to get the time to get on the computer these days, and even if I do my darling DH is usually playing WoW!

Glad to see that mums and bubs are doing really well!! I hope we all had a fantastic first Christmas with our first/newest little ones. We had a great day... our friends and their kids came for breakfast (4 adults and 5 kids under 4!!!) and my Mum and Nan came for lunch. Everything went smoothly though and it was so exciting watching Bas open his (and most of Ollie's) presents!!

Anyway, I promise to try and make more time to come in and chat. I really miss being able to veg out in front of the telly with the laptop and just chat!

Hope everyone stays well and makes it through the rest of summer without melting!! Thank god we got a heat pump put in just before Chrissy.. I would be dying with out the air con!!

See you all again soon... hopefully!

Ha, we had a fun night last night trying to get Lucas to go to sleep!! he just wouldn't stop rolling in his cot, so I put some rolled up towels next to him and he got so frustrated he cracked it back time!! I think the dummy is going to become our new best friend!!! lol!!! he's been doing lots more rolling today, i've had the video camera permanently on him!!

Zola - how great to hear from you! sounds like all is well with you :-) don't be a stranger and come back soon!!

Kelly - how annoying about going out for dinner and it not being pram friendly!! grrr!!

Sarah - glad you had a good holiday.......i'm sure William will roll soon, i've been saying that about Lucas for ages and he surprised me by actually doing it!
    Did you end up going out last night?

Leah - I think I still have an email address for dd - i'll email her and tell her about the meetup? I will try my hardest to come - oh, what day is it going to be on? a weekend?? if so, I can definitely come as DH could take me to the train station - during the week he has the car so I couldn't come if it was a week day.......i'd also be able to leave Lucas at home with him!!

Kat
    xx
    Last edited by kat79; January 7th, 2007 at 01:36 PM.

Leah - i've just emailed dd so hopefully she will reply and/or get on here soon!

Kat - Once they start rolling they love doing it all the time, glad you got it on video.

Zola - Great to hear from you (hmmm didn`t I just say that in our Jan - June 05 thread LOL) It`s hard with two little ones, not much me time but it`s all worth it.

Kelly - Did you enjoy your night other then having to lift the prams over the table?

Leah - Hope your headache is better today.

Sarah - Yay for William`s first night in the cot.

Both boys are in bed and I should be getting the clothes off the line and fold them before Matthew wakes up as he loves helping Mummy but his method of folding is trying everything on, he had Mark`s underpants on the other day, his whole body through one leg of the underpants, it looked like a skirt LOL

lucysmummie Guest

Kat~ it will have to be ion a saturday then and u HAVE to bring lucas I wana meet him tooo!!!!!!! u can bring DH too if u want cause danny is coming, hope thats ok with everyone?

Ok so were on for saturday the 27th january Now can i just ask one big favor could we make the meet up some where easy to find? and how will we know what we all look like?? we will have to do something to make sure we dont miss anybody.... obviously the prams might give us away....

ooo I hope DD can come....

Okay heres the list (quote it if ur coming with ur name attached)

August mummies 2006 meetup in melbourne

1. Leah, Lucy + danny from canberra

Kat I've got the same pram.
    Zola good to see you
    Leah hope the headache is better. Grrr at DH for not feeding her for you.
    Dee rofl at Matthew!

Places where we could meet...
    We had a meetup last year in the Fitzroy Gardens. It was nice and there is a cafe there we can go to if it's raining. There are trams going past but not sure how easy they are for prams as they may be the older style on that route.
    The other idea I had was to go to the Myer resturant (not far from Melb Central station) or the food court at Crown as that is a quick walk to Southern Cross.

Any other Melbourne girls have some ideas?

Maybe even the botanical gardens, except thats a fair walk from SC station... If you change trains to go to Flinders St station they have a garden in there thats all blocked off called the "Children's Garden" and its great (its just near the Shrine on St Kilda Rd - behind it if i remember rightly..) i will more than likely have all 3 children, as DH is working the whole long weekend (Big Day Out).

But count me in! I have no more weekends left in jan now... The Sexyland trip this sat, a Western Bulldogs family day in glen waverly the sat after and this the sat after that!! Lovin' it

Simone, Xander, Declan and Miss Anneliese... We're all coming!! (if DH is only working the sunday, he'll be there too...)
    Last edited by simone; January 8th, 2007 at 09:46 AM.

BTW the food court at crown is mostly crappy overpriced asian food, and will have a 10% markup on everything as its a long weekend... I just thought of that.

I don't mind where we meet. I just need to know what time you guys prefer to meet as I may have to work some of the day.

Is there anywhere at Fed Square maybe?

Fed square is too open and if it is a hot day it way too hot there..

Charlotte decided it was play time at 4:30 this morning, grrrr i tried to get her back to sleep but she wanted a chat so we were up until 6am and then back to sleep till 8am, i thought i would be tired, but i am not really.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast