Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2007 #4

Morning girls!

Thought i would jump on quickly and give you an update on us. No personal. I will be back in either this arvo or tomorrow to do them! Sorry slack i know!! Busy busy busy here though! Anyhow...

Well this is going too sound really odd to some of you. Briley has been waking up at 11pm everynight and won't settle until about 2am. She goes down fine but wakes up at 11pm screaming and chucking a tantrim. It was like someone was waking her. So, there is where the odd part comes in. I had a weird feeling someone was waking her up...like a ghost or something. I have heard and been told that if you think someone ( a ghost) is harassing your family, you just say aloud for them to leave your house and leave your family alone. So lastnight, i did this in Briley and Colby's room. Well i am not sure wether it was cause i said something or just cause but Briley did'nt wake up once. She woke up at 6.00am thismorning. I wonder how we will go tonight??? So.....Do you's think i am werid now!!! LOL!

Briley is going in for her eye surgery on Tuesday. If they cancel i won't be impressed i can tell you! She is still struggling with constant colds though. I really think its because of her eye. I just want it to be all over and done with for her sake. Other than all that...she is going really well. Talking more and more. And is really beginning to understand little things. Its a real spin out!

Colby is going well. We had her weighed last week and she has'nt really put that much weight on. I expected her to be nearly 7kg's but she was only just over 6kgs. The MHN said that babies born big don't necessarily stay big. So that might be her. I will get her checked again soon and if she still is'nt putting on weight i might have to start giving her formula bottles in between breast feeds. She is already trying to roll around and crawl. She can spin herself completely around and i have found her up the opposite end of the cot than what i settled her up when i go into check on her during the night. When i first found her like it thought Brent must have moved her!!! But i lied her down on the lounge floor yesterday and she was moving around! I can't believe how strong she is! But yes she too is going really well.

As for me, yeah i am ok. I am really getting into my Doula-ing lately. I had another client due in April contact me yesterday. Today i am going to attend a Baby Wearing Workshop which is run by the company i will be working with, Townsville Birth Buddies. They are a lovley bunch of women. Obviously because i did'nt go to the STAT exam i wont be doing Midwifery next year but i am not too phased. I am quite happy to be a Doua for a few years and concertrate on the girls. At least until they are a bit older or in school themselves. But yes, i am doing ok. Minus the normal dramas i have with Brent.

Not much planned for the weekend. Got to go in to do some shopping after the workshop. Has everyone started their chrissy shopping??? Not me!!! Its going to be a tight one this year!

Well better go, Briley is awake now! Hope you are all well...

Take Care and have a great weekend!

Ciao!

i finished most of it online last night. only stephen to go.

Hi ladies, hope ur weekend is going well.

It's hot in Sydney this arvo! Poor DH has to walk back to video store in this heat. Our Blockbuster rang us to say he forgot to return the 'extras' DVD from the Harry Potter movie we rented last night. My bad. I took out the disc and put in ontop of the tv and not back in the case. DH is also on a nappy run seeing as Willa is currently asleep in the last nappy we have in the house. Good thing she already did her mega poo this morning.

ali, rhi and becca - thanks for the info on billings. After going through ALi' link I've decided to give this a try as our chief contraceptive method. Now all I have to do is explain it to DH!

becca - i didn't chart TTC. Did u guys do it that way? Ours was a total accident, so now we are most wary of an unexpected #2. IT feels like suddenly I have a lot of girlfriends all TTC at the same time. I think we are at that age. Lots of clucky women all around me it seems. One of my friends was so upset that she hadn't got pregnant and I asked her how long she'd been trying. She said 2 months! I told her to be patient. Will tell her to chart for maximum chances, I think.

Regarding the barfing. Yep, I had to run out of a meeting mid chuck and barely made it to the toilets in time. I've run out of buses and trains, run into alleyways and pretty much camped out next to the toilet on a flight from Singapore to Sydney. I've come across worse cases tho. The receptionist at our local GP had such bad hyperemesis that she was hospitalised for 5 months and fed via a tube because she couldn't keep even water down. She'd lost 18kg when she delivered a get this...9 pound baby boy! Goes to show that bubs will take what they need when they need it!

misty
    - fellow kaki indeed! My mum and sis live in JB currently. The juice and the rice cereal questions weren't weird. I think it can be a cultural thing to give babies certain things we wldn't consider here. For e.g. my grandma used to give me water in between feeds to allow my mum some sleep time, and this was when I was only a few weeks old. I haven't really had any tummy probs in early childhood but I was all, " how cld u!" when she told me lol.

sara - just thinking of a ghost in the house wld freak me out big time! Is ur house an old house? But hey if the 11pm wake ups stop, then good! Pity it cldn't be a more helpful ghost, you know...one that cld do the washing when u guys are sleeping or put a dummy back in, instead of going around waking peacefully sleeping babies hehehe. Our MHN also said that big babies' weight tends to plateau at 3 months so i too am expecting Willa's weight to level out a little now.

Oh and I asked this question in the bfeeding bottlefeeding and solids section but didnt really get a clear reply from barb - can u mix formula with ebm? Say i had a few mls ebm and was feeding a bottle of formula. Can't i just tip the emb into the bottle?

sonia

p.s - haven't gone xmas shopping. I'll have to do it during my lunch breaks at work. Man, Chrissy is so expensive and always go overboard because DH's family is so generous with us throughout the year. We are so broke!!!
    Last edited by neuri; November 17th, 2007 at 04:17 PM.

sara - no, i dont think u're weird to think that something might be 'disturbing' ur bub. to be frank, ella was doing just that a couple of days ago but it was in the arvo. 2 days in a row she woke up from her arvo nap screaming bloody murder! scared the crap out of me but i didnt do as u did, i just ignored it. in any case, glad that it isnt happening any more. good luck with the eye op, i hope it works out well.

sonia - i dont think u should mix them up like that ie ebm n add it to formula. but i'm not too sure though. i so get u abt that cultural thing!! good thing i didnt have to follow thru the confinement do's n dont's!! altho i did follow a couple of them only coz mum was down to help out for a month or so. we havent started xmas shopping either but our family is small with hardly any kiddies to worry abt so i'm putting it on hold for now.

ella attend her first ever birthday party out in a park. it was stinking hot today but she didnt make any fuss which was great but i think the heat is still making her fussy altho we are already home. as a matter of fact, i'm still sweaty!!! poor little thing, at least she was good while we were out. she was a hit with everyone! hopefully she will sleep better tonight after her bath. i intend to give her a cool one....

Ali - Sorry to hear about Em. I hope you can get cheaper formula. Oh, I have Donnalix Drops and they work well for colic relief.

Sonia I was uncomfortable feeding around parents-in-laws and family at first, but it seems that ppl are fascinated watching nursing mothers, so I had no privacy (brother-in-law seemed to know when I was feeding... Maybe he can hear breasts... and father-in-law came to talk to me). The only person that I cover up around (actually leave the room) is my dad.. Far too creepy. Wow at your dh thinking another baby is a good idea. My dh has always said no babies, and now that Jensen has come along, he says no more Oh poor you with the ms! I found out at 4wks, after going to the dr about something else, I mentioned that I was 3days late. She said that at only 3days late that I wouldn't be pg... pff Somehow I just knew! All the ms I had was a little nausea, which was the only thing that reminded me I was pg. The only other problem I had was that I could cook, but I couldn't eat it and vice versa. Kinda envied those who had ms as I thought it was something every one went thru and like a pg rite of passage! I had terrible heartburn (first time ever in my life - had no idea what it was til the morning after when I told dh) at 4.5 - 5mths.... on my wedding night no less! It was so bad I thought I was going to die! I work for an empty shipping container yard so as an occupational oddity, I notice trucks EVERYWHERE! I'll keep an eye out!

Kim - I'd love to fall pg again too, but according to dh - no! Oh, yeah... the car! Is procrastination hereditary? Coz Andrew bought the car with his dad, and his dad is a bit like that, nothings happened. That said tho, my car is still out of action so.. My car first!

Rhi - I am in no way ready for swimwear season! Jensen sleeps at night from about 730-8 til anywhere between 1 and 3 then wakes at 5 feeds and wakes up again at 6. With expressing, I get almost nothing - just a few drops really - from the L breast. But the R breast I can get, on average, 120mls at a time! If I leave Jensen with MIL or Andrew, he normally drinks about 120-140ml. HTH

Misty We started dtd at 4wks. At first it was painful but now when we do dtd its good! (and for my part it seems better than it was before!) We use the condom method... As for the bath, we hardly ever use the baby bath much anymore, dh baths with Jensen so he has one on one time.

Sara - Wow! How odd! If the ghost was bothering her, why did he show up now and not earlier? Well done getting another client. Christmas shopping... Jensen is bought for. I have to restrain myself from buying stuff for him... but I buy 2nd hand stuff... he's not gonna know. Andrew's presents ( birthday and christmas) are in the works, gotta pull my finger out and get that done. As for my sister, Andrews brother and our parents... I'm not sure. ATM it looks like the grandparents get a plaster of paris hand and foot print. I'm just going to make it. We bought the plaster of paris from Toyworld. Lets hope it works, otherwise I'm outta ideas. We don't have much money.

Well, Jensen is 3mth old Sunday (tomorrow)!! Where did that time go? I looked at his pictures today and he was sooo much tinier and had more hair! He weighed 3820g and was 52.5cm and is now up to 5600g and 60cm! He's still wearing 000's, even with his big cloth bum! On Monday, we had our first successful tummy time! Holds his head up really well (has done so since birth tho) and moves his arms about to make himself more comfy - even laughs! Almost rolls over. I don't think that the rolling off a pillow counts. It's a start tho. I helped him roll over today.. He looked confused as he was then looking at the ceiling instead of the floor. Also, lying down or on a lean in the pram, he tries to sit up. Is he supposed to be doing that at this age?

Everyone seems so ben on not having another baby yet. I can't wait! Bring it on! Andrew says no tho! lol. My pg was great, tho next time (if there is one) I'm sure it will be the extreme opposite! That said, I think I want to wait til Jensen is about 5 so I can enjoy him as a baby/toddler/child first.

I've just come from my sisters bodyshop party.. It was her first as a consultant. I think she did really well.. It was great to meet you Kim, we should catch up again. Sorry that you were thrown in a room with my family, they're a bit crazy, although (and this is odd) they were on their best behaviour ! lol My sister and I both thought that you looked familiar....

I had quickly typed this up before I left for that party and posted it... but when I checked back just now, it wasn't there... where did it go? Good thing I still have my notes (I write out what I'm going to write coz Jensen makes it hard to type it up and just incase anything like this happens)!!

Better go, Hope you all have a great weekend..
    Rhianon and Jensen
    Last edited by sconeonamission; November 17th, 2007 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Panicked that I'd lost this again... but I didn't. But I forgot to say something....... EDIT

Just dashing in to report that Willa is now turning! This is big news at my place because as I keep whineing our girl hates tummy time so much that we hardly ever do it.

Abt 4am last night I hear this strange grunting noise from her room, like she's lifting weights or something. Was a pretty funny sound. I walk in and she has somehow flipped on her tummy and had one foot hooked betw the bars of her cot which was stopping her from turning over! It looked bad but she didn't seem bothered and just kept huffing along trying to free herself. In the end I popped her foot out and she flipped on her own, gave me a look that said, 'oh hello mummy', and then went back to sleep when the dummy was back in. Was all quite casual lol.

And this afternoon DH gave her some nappy free time out in the loungeroom. I leave 'em to it until I hear this cackling noise and lo and behold, not only is she flipping to her side and back but she's laughing her head off.

Isn't our babies' laughter the most wonderful noise in the world??? I cld listen to it all day. We got some footage too.

That's it from me. Just happy at the new development. Now if only she can reduce her night wakings to just 4am instead of 1am and then 4am.

sonia

Hi all,

Sara glad to here your all good still. Lol at the ghost. wow I can't believe how colby is getting around, I was excited because Xavier found his feet this week. I think we will be waiting a little longer for rolling let alone crawling. Maybe she's burning off all her energy, Xavier is only just under 7kg's though with clothes on I might add.

Sonia, not an accident a surprise, it is good that heaps of your friends are TTC means there will be lots of kids all growing up at the same time. I charted for 12 months, and then started trying after getting married, I thought it would take at least 3 months, low and behold I was ovulating on our honeymoon and it just stuck.

I was told by a MCHN that you can mix ebm and formula but they need to be the same temp when you mix, and once it's mixed if it isn't used it must be thrown out you cant freeze or refrigerate, it's immediate use only.

congrats willa on rolling over, nothing for us yet.

kim rasberry's in Xaviers armpits make him chuckle.

Well as I said we don't have much happening here, just found our feet is all. I have a lazy baby lol, and he's grizzling so I best be off.

Hi all!
    Well done to Willa on the rolling - very clever indeedy! .... Milla is not looking like rolling any time soon - she is so grizzly with tummy time, I really have to remind myself to try a little more each day. She is grabbing toys if they are in the right spot, like she will grab the legs of the dangly toys on her play-gym thing, but I don't think she really realises what she has done. She held her foot once the other day but mostly she is just sucking her fist for pleasure these days! She's certainly not hungry - the fat rolls on her thighs are growing daily, and we have to really get in and wash them out cause they collect fluff / suncream / milk / god knows what else!!!

LOL at your honeymoon conception Becca - mine was similar.... I wasn't charting or anything, but assumed that since AF was soooo irregular, that it would take me months (if not years!) to get pg. So a couple of months before our wedding I went off the pill (mini-pill it was, cause of high BP). We got married in Belgium, which is where my DH is from. He flew over first, and two weeks later I followed him, just in time for the wedding and a quick trip to Spain with my sister basically. Anyway - without knowing it, we got pg on the first night I was in Belgium. I then had the Spain trip, the wedding, the honeymoon (Venice), DH's birthday, Christmas & New Years - ALL in Europe & drinking HEAPS!!!! When I got home in early January I did a HPT and lo and behold I had been pg all along. I was so worried something would be terribly wrong, but so far she is all ok I teased DH all through pregnancy that Milla could be Spanish or Taiwanese (I flew through Taipei, with a long stopover).... Lucky she looks just like her daddy!!!

congrats sonia!!

i caught ella sucking her thumb today. i tried to remove the thumb n put the dummy in but she didnt want any of it. still stuck her thumb back in! since it was a hot day today, i didnt want get her all bothered. should i prevent it or leave it be? it was tough for me though....she seemed so flustered n just wouldnt feed properly either....can we be expecting teething anytime soon??? ella's been trying to turn but no successful turns just yet but its just a matter of days now!

Sonia, U can mix ebm and formula but it is a better idea to give the ebm 1st then fill the bottle with formula once the ebm is gone. this is to ensure that the best food she can have goes in 1st and she doesn't miss out on any of it. formula is just a back up.

Em has an appointment with the paed on 29/11, just over a week away. gp reckons he will b very thorough n do all the testing required. hopefully that means some definitive answers. i am over feeding troubles :tired:

Sarah is teething so is VERY clingy. she was even clingy with the childcare ladies today.

Hi

Rhi, bit of a shotgun wedding then, tee hee, lucky she looks like her daddy or you could have been in trouble

oh and I forgot to mention about the mixing ebm and formula, the example I gave was a suggestion for if trying to wean bubs onto formula and bubs didn't want a barr of it.

ali, hopefully things will get better soon, I bet em will be a mastr feeder once she's on solids too.

O O O,

I just found down in the marketplace section a thread about cheap swim nappies. I just bought 2 a medium and a large for Xavier as he will be doing swimming next year. They are the re-useable variety which I think even if you can't be motivated to use cloth for everyday use that at the very least a re-useable swim nappy. If not for the environment for the $$ that the disposable swim nappies cost.

Just thought i would share.

becca - that's great!! should check it out myself...

ali - ooooo, so it's that time eh? maybe that's why ella's been chewing on her hands n sometimes when i've left her alone in her rocker, i come back to see that she's sucking on her thumb! cute looking but i dont really want to encourage that....

ella doesnt seem to want to reach for stuff unlike some of the babies here n altho i know every baby is different, i cant help but be a little worried....i'm counting down to the day she gets her vaccinations. i'm SO not looking forward to it esp. in this weather.... ( I hope it will be nice n cool then but it would be 3rd dec n that's summer kicking so i'm keeping my fingers crossed for that cool weather!

not necessarily misty, Sarah is 19months old. Em's CHN has recommended the paed we have the referral to so very happy bout that.

Looking at getting a deawoo nubira wagon. yes its korean [email protected] but it is more economical and a wagon, which should fit my pram easier. payout on the commodore is less than we though so we should make a profit!!! im excited!

Hey Kim,
    I hope you're feeling OK. I feel bad that my last post was really insensitive to you and others who have had trouble TTC, since I was one of the extremely lucky ones for which it wasn't a problem... Your sig shows that you had a pretty tough time of it, and I bet the thought of doing it all again is pretty stressful.

I argue with my DH about money stuff all the time too... we are so broke cause he is on a real minimum wage since he only just got his work visa all approved, and his Belgian work skills barely count here. I am just about to run out of maternity leave pay, yet he spends so much money on junk food, drinks, musical instruments.... (latest extravagance was a electric piano thing, which barely fits in the house!!) he left all his things in Belgium, and needs all this stuff to make him feel more at home here, which I can't argue with. I am more a forward thinker, whereas he lives in the moment, and so while for the moment we have some savings, in about 3 months time we will have diddly-squat. When we are ready to try for a second baby, I don't know how we will afford for me to have time off work etc. Anyway - I know it doesn't compare to the costs and stress of IVF, but I just wanted you to know that I am thinking of you, and hope it works out, and I'm sorry for blabbing about what a suprise it was that we got pg so quickly.

I meant to say the other day too that I love your play mat idea, and I also had thought to do that as a Christmas pressie for Milla - I have some faux fur, and scraps of satin and velvet that would be perfect, but I'm not sure how it would go in the wash after the inevitable baby mess? Is yours going to be washable?

No news from Milla today except that I cut her finger while trying to cut her fingernails, and there was quite a bit of blood, but she didn't even cry or wince at all??! I felt soooooo bad, but she didn't seem to notice...!

Hope you all have a good evening.

kim I made the mistake of cutting my hair so Sarah couldnt pull so hard, but shorter it hurt more! hopefully u will get a lovely surprise and #2 will be waaayyyy easier than hayden to conceive. hopefully hayden has ironed out fertility issues and will have made it easier to give him a sibling. Em was not planned. we were trying to prevent. When I found out I was pg with Em, my sister and her dh were trying to have a baby so we made sure we were very careful about how to tell them. She is finally expecting her bub in march, after 12 months ttc. The moral? I can understand exactly how unfair it is to have to try so hard then ask for help, and it is not fair seeing all these pg women around u and not being able to b 1 of them. for u kim. we all want u to be happy so u dont miss out on every special, fought for moment with hayden.

I got the car!! check my blog for details!

Hi all,

Kim Hugs to you. Don't ever let anyone elses opinions/experiences make you feel bad. Especially 'cause half the time that person probably doesn't realise or has forgotten that everyone has traveled a different journey to get where they are. People have asked me about my experiences and all I can say is I was really lucky, and I know I was really lucky.

It feels like Xavier has been grabbing my hair for months. But more to the point he grabs onto a necklace I wear all the time. it's like he either thinks he needs to hold on in case I drop him, or he's pulling the buzzer and wants to get off the ride

Hi Girls!!

Yes been MIA again lately! We had Briley's eye surgery yesterday and i am quite traumatised by it all. I will tell you all about it later.

Things are going well otherwise though. I have a rolling, dribbling, laughing, smiling and trying-to-crawl-already! little girl! Colby is just spinning me out lately!

I am all good too.

Sorry for lack of personals! I will get around to it soon!

Hope you are all well....

Take Care!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast