Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2007 #4

Morning girls!

Sorry i have'nt been in lately. Life is so hectic at the moment.

Brent went hunting on the weekend and one of the rims to his wheels shattered and came flying off while they were doing 100k's down the highway. They were'nt hurt and neither was the car really other than the rim and the brake disk. But we called Beaurepairs and they wont replace the rim and pay for the damage even though we only brought them in May this year. And they 1 rim cost $300!!! I used to work for Fair Trading so i am going to call a mate there today too see what our right are. I am pretty damn sure we are entitled to have it all repaired and replaced. When you pay that much money for something you'd expect it to last longer than it has. Esp with wheels.

So i was dealing with that yesterday and i had a few interview with job agencies. I have come to the conclusion that i HAVE to go back to work before we starve and our power gets cut off. Money is so tight at the moment is bloody terrible. I nearly had a job starting today with Toll Priority but cause the contract was until the end of Jan and we have a holiday in Jan they were'nt willing to give me that week off. So now i am back to waiting.

We have got the girls sorted out. They will got into care on Mondays and Tuesdays and then they will go between Brent's mum, My mum and Brents' Aunty on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Obvioulsy this was something i totally did'nt want to do but i have to.

Anyways, i have a meeting with my co-doula's (LOL) at 10am today. This meeting will determine wether they want me apart of the Townsville Birth Buddies team. Unless i am delegated a client straight away i will have to put it all on hold until after New Years. NOT HAPPY JAN!!! Oh well...i can still study during this time though.

The girls are good. Briley's eye is still a bit gunky but the Dr said it would take up to 3 months before we would know wether the op was successful or not. But they said they are pretty sure they fixed the problem.

Better go....time is getting away from me....again!!

Hope you are all well...

Take Care!

Mornin',

Sara- GTH from you. Damn about the wheels and I do hope u get some recourse from beaurepairs because wheels are meant to last longer and be safer than that. I hear u abt having to go back to work. This is my second week back. Keep us posted on the job search and I'm glad you have the girl's care all sorted as that's 90% of every working mum's headache I know.

Becca- GTH you got childcare all sorted too. Don't sweat the feeding issue so much as Xavier will be in a much better position age-wise to make the transition. He'd has the ideal start. I imagine he'll be on solids ard that time too.

Scone - the only other breastfeeding mum in the family is quite some distance away from us and even though she has an abundant supply (her little girl is off the charts, growth-wise and is exclusively bbfed for 5 months now) I don't think I'm comfy with the donated bm idea. I know its been done for centuries ala wet nursing but its just the idea of it squicks me a little lol. I wish I was crafty like u in being able to sew and make your own nappies. That wld be a labour of love for sure.

Misty - I too am shy bfeeing in public. I think maybe for us its the added cultural thing because where we grew up, its certainly not the norm at all. I've done it though and haven't been comfortable at all. I don't like putting any cloths, scarf or muslin over Willa either when I feed in publiv as she's already such a hot baby, so I just don't bother. But ALi is right in that they are just boobies and they were put there to feed our babies before they were used for any other purpose heh.

Campari - Name change noted! Good on you now we won't get mixed up any more. Countdown to the ILs arriving huh? I'm on a cleaning spree as well as I'm expecting a visit from old high school friends and their husbands soon.

Ali - way to go on getting that script. U must be relieved to be getting to the bottom of em's feeding issues. Keep us posted on how the whole solids business goes.

Well my second week of working this week and we seem to be in the middle of some changes, Willa-wise It's like I went to sleep saying goodnight to my predictable, calm little baby and woke up in the morning to a big baby who wants to be helped to sit up all the time, who pulls my hair, bounces violently like she's trying to take off on her bouncer, rolls and squirms everywhere, shouts and squeals, bangs her feet, chomps on everything and the most alarming of all - wants to stay up all the time. And oh my, she's drinking past 150 mls of formula at each sitting and that's AFTER taking whatever is in my bbs! God help the poor soul who runs out of formula before she's satisfied. She screams the house down until you make her some more. But man, its so nice playing with her now. She's so interactive.

So is anyone else going through similar changes? Where did my placid, stationary little baby go? lol

sonia

Hi all,

Ali, I'm not concerned about getting af in public or anything like that. I am just really enjoying not having my period as I have excruciating pain every single month. I can't imagine having to deal with the pain and having a needy baby but i'm sure I'll cope. That's fantastic news on the script, I hope everything starts on track for you. I bet Em will love eating food and will turn into a little budda in no time.

Rhi, I too have trouble finding somewhere to feed in public that is comfortable. The worst problem is that xavier is so pre-occupied with lights and now xmas decorations he gets so very easily distracted. Yesterday i gave in and went to find the bubs room, only a little manky, not too bad, and to my horror there were bright coloured animals painted all over the walls and he still didn't feed. How long will your PIL be over, just for christmas? They would be excited to see milla.

Scone, there are lots of men with man boobs, and they don't attempt to cover them up at all. pmsl about the GTH = go to hell

Kim, I would probably snap at my mum. You are the mum this time round, tell her she had her go and now it's your turn and you will do what you have to do. After all your baby is not a carbon copy of you so he will be different. Plus nans and grans forget the rules have changed since they were mums.

Sara, good to here your still going. Sorry you have to start working again. But we gotta do what we gotta do. Hang in there I'm sure everything will work out.

Sonia, I'm sure it will all work out too with feeding, but I'm pretty sure once your a mum it's your given right to worry for the rest of your life I'm going to offer him solids in a couple of weeks, more than anything for me so that when family start trying to tell me he's hungry at Christmas I can tell them we have it sorted, or if he indicates he's not ready yet I can honestly shut them up. But I'm sure if there is any difficulty it will only be for a couple of months because he will well and truly be enjoying solids in feb and march and I shouldn't have to send as much milk along with him.
    We haven't had any really crazy happenings like what you described, but while walking around kmart yesterday he was blowing raspberry's kinda loudly. It was a little funny.

Now today I bit the bullet and am cleaning out Xaviers draws again. it is time to ditch the 000's as they are getting too small, and he is wearing more and more 00's. It's crazy every time I find he can wear a new outfit it's very exciting, but then today I got all sad when I was tossing all the little 000's in a basket ready for packing away till the next bub. My little baby is getting bigger. well he's been asleep for an hour and if I don't get some lunch soon he'll wake up and my chance will be gone.

Sara, A rim should not shatter. They have stringent safety tests for that sort of thing so that must have been the bad 1 in the bunch. I too would b making some noise.

Bec, Lets hope that xavier has settled ur cramping down. my period pain was way less after having babies.

Sonia, Em is getting more talkative but hasn't rolled yet. I am glad that she is putting her energy into growing instead of moving. she does like to b on her side now tho n sometimes i can't roll her onto her back.

Hi everyone,
    I am enjoying my last day of solitude before the in-laws invade! They are here for 8 weeks. I am worried that I wont be able to fulfil my BB addiction once they are here... I'll have to start cooking and cleaning and make it look like I am a good housewife!! !HA Not likely!!!! I am really looking forward to them being here... its a bit of a sad story, but Milla has really missed out on the grandparent thing, and we dont have many rellies here, so I want to enjoy having the PILs here. I don't get on with my dad, and my mum died of breast cancer when I was 4 months pg... pretty sad timing, but she had been really sick for a long time (5 yrs+), and I had been caring for her a lot... she got to see my first ultrasound, and she was really excited about that. She would have loved to have seen Milla, but in the end it turned out OK (as much as having your mum die can be OK...) because her quality of life was pretty low, and we were spending so much time looking after her and stressing out, and in the end she died peacefully knowing that we were all OK. So...... that's my story, and that's partly why I am looking forward more to seeing DHs parents. My mum passing away is also the reason why I can now afford to take a year off work, cause we will get some money when we sell her house. I have had to look on the positive side of things, and in some way I think it has all happened for a reason. I am not at all religious, but something was going on... Milla looks alot like my mum. Its been the best way to look forward and be happy in what would otherwise have been a very hard and sad year. Since we also got married recently, I say that this 12 months was once of "births, deaths and marriages"..! They know me well at the registry

Other news... welllll, we just had massive car issues too. Must be going around. Our old Laser, that DH drives to work, just cost $1200 to fix cause the clutch was all stuffed. They just kept ringing and saying "oh, and we will also need to replace this part now..", and it went from being $300 to $1200!!!!! I was mad, cause if we knew that from the start I would have probably just got a new car - its so old and barely worth that anyway! but anyway - its done now, and driving nicely- so it should!...

Milla is drooling everywhere, has her fist in her mouth all day, and is very very chatty and smiley. No more laughs yet... she is grasping things pretty well, and is so interested in everything - she really studies things with this gorgeous look on her face. She is back to waking twice at night, but now I am only feeding her the second time, so hopefully she will learn that the bbs dont come out at midnight! Day sleeps are puuuurfect - I am loving the few hours I have each day.

Kim - It would be great to meet you!... I will try to figure out how to PM you my details. I live on the northside.. Hope your tactile quilt is going well - I have started sewing mine, and its very very bright - you need sunglasses to look at it!

And Scone, that is great about your $12 sewing machine !!! Are you making square nappies, or those fitted fancy ones?? Have you seen the terry toweling in Spotlight? I love the Bright Bot nappies too, I wonder where they get that fabric from?

Better go eat something, and continue cleaning....

Cheerio!

Hi Girls,

Just letting you know that i am about to take Colby up to the Emergency Ward. She just did a poo which was mocous and blood stained. I called 13HEALTH and they said to take her up.

I will keep you all posted.

Fingers crossed i will be back with some good news....

Oh Sara - I hope everything is OK with Colby!! Thinking of you... I hope you dont have to wait for ages in the hospital....
    Good luck.
    Last edited by Campari; November 28th, 2007 at 03:05 PM. Reason: typo

Hi girls,

Just got back from hospital. Colby is fine. Dr's think it might be a viral infection. We just have to keep a close eye on her.

I can breathe a sigh of relief now!

:hugs: Sara! I know how horrible it is to b told 2 take ur bub 2 the emergency ward. How has she been 2day?

Campari, I had a little rover that I burned out the clutch on as my 1st car. Thank God my uncle is a diesel mechaninc and could replace the clutch 4 me. saved me over $500!

Hi all,

ali, I will be so very happy if having a bub reduces my cramping. But I'm not sure. I actually had some afterbirth pains with Xavier and could feel it all contracting. I had to take the edge off with panadeine for the first week, which apparently is very rare in a first pregnancy.

Kim, we have some bigger 000's as well, but not many of them are short sleeved and it is getting so very hot. I thought we had heaps of clothes, but with this weather I don't think xavier will be wearing much this summer. We have lots of singlets thankfully. wow at your grabby little man. Xavier likes to grab what i'm wearing or my fat rolls

Campari, you have had a big year. Sorry to hear about your mum but your outlook is fantastic. I hope you and Milla enjoy your time with your PIL.

Sara, sorry to hear about your scare with Colby, glad to hear she is ok though. I hope she gets better soon.

Well we have our first un-official mums group next week, we are all going to meet at the pool. It's so hot here just sitting around the babies pool will be nice.

Well keep well all.

Hi ladies

Just a quick one from me today (unusual, I know!). So busy lately since being back at work. I thought I'd be able to catch up and post at work but that was wishful thinking as am getting the office re-oganised due to my return.

Sara, I'm very glad nothing major is wrong with Colby. I guess the drive to the Emergency Dept is like a rite of passage for parents at least once in their child's lives what with fevers and flu and whatnot. I'm dreading any illnesses! Hopefully this move towards 24 hr GP centers will improve those 4hour + waits!

Willa just woke up, damn! Basically she's been a hungry baby lately, now taking 180mls on average of formula. Its crazy, I dunno where she puts it all! I am sick of feeling so sleep deprived and run down all the time. It's annoying now when I'm back at work and every spare moment is taken up by something, work, family, etc etc. Feels like I don't even have time to think sometimes. Anyone else experience this at all? Its not like WIllz is getting up 4 times a night (tho she did this last night). Its one time on average but what with cleaning and running the house and working, its all getting a bit REAL. But hey, worth it, right!

Hope u all r going well, have a good weekend!

sonia

HI all,

Sonia hang in there, won't be long and you might be able to try some solids to help get her through.

Happy 4 months to Colby Sara.

Xavier is 4 months today as well and we are having our needles (or rather his needles) tomorrow.

Hi everyone,
    Happy 4 months to Colby and Xavier!! Wow, it seems so old huh???
    Since I have the PILs here (more on that later), I have been looking at nb photos of Milla, and showing them how small her 0000 clothes were... she is 6.1kg now, so double the weight she was when she left hospital. She looked sooooo small in the early photos, I can't believe how much she has grown already, and I want another nb already!! Where did that time go?

Sonia - I don't know how you do it, with working and getting up a few times a night. Hang in there though, cause I'm sure it will improve. Milla is mostly waking twice a night between 7pm and 7am - usually at 12 or 1, then again at 3 or 4. Last night was a miraculous huge sleep with only a 4:20am wake up. My bbs were so overflowing when I woke at 6am, I expressed 100ml out in about 3 minutes - it was spurting everywhere.

So, the PILs. Its OK. They are lovely people, and are a great help with dishes and cleaning I am being very adamant about doing things my way in terms of feeding Milla and putting her down for sleeps.... MIL has never BF, so I have explained to her that Milla gets all her requirements through BM, and some of the time she is just thirsty etc. MIL asks every time I feed her "oh, she can't be hungry already can she?" ... I have some EBM in the freezer, so I showed her the layers it forms, and explained that sometimes Milla just drinks the "watery stuff", and that that doesn't fill her up, so of course she needs to feed more often than every 4 hours. Seems to have put the message across, and hopefully I wont need to defend my choice to demand-feed ! I think MIL is genuinely interested in how it all works, and its all ok.

Milla keeps chewing her hand (so much so that she gags sometimes cause her fingers go too far down her throat!!!), and MIL kept saying on the first day "Oh, she must be hungry", but now its obvious that Milla ISN'T hungry, cause she is covered in fat rolls, and eats every two hours or so! Now MIL says "Oh, dont chew your fingers"'!!!!! Nothing is gonna stop Milla from chewing her fingers. Today she started chewing the corner of a chocolate box she picked up.... good taste she's got, i say!

We have had lots of laughing and cackling too - last night I was imitating her cry during arsenic hour, and she suddenly stopped crying, and started laughing at me!! She was laughing for about 3 minutes, just at my pathetic attempt to imitate a cry... ROFL. FIL got it on video....

We have mothers group Christmas party and I am going to make some cookies if I can find a good recipe... I have cookie cutters that have never been used, so now that I am a housewife (temporarily!), with 24/7 babysitters on hand, I am going to cook heaps.

Becca, i reckon the pool-side meeting is a great idea, I'm going to suggest it for our next meeting too. I have got a top-to-toe rashy swimsuit for Milla, but still waiting for the arrival of the nappies. I got some from Beyond Belly too - have you got yours in the mail yet?

Off to start baking!

Byeeee

Campari, sounds great that your enjoying your PIL's It's good that your MIL is open to listening to how the BF works etc. It would make it a lot easier on you to know that she's just interested and not judging iykwim. She will probably go home an expert on Breast feeding.
    The swim nappies, yep mine arrived a little while ago, a lot earlier than i expected seeing as they sent me an email saying it might take 2 weeks. However I'm a little worried that although very good they might not hold breast fed bubba poo. I really don't want the embarrassment of watery poo going everywhere.

Morning girls,

Just poppin in for a quick hi. We about to go into town to get BOTH the girls needles done today. Briley is 18 months today!! Ureal how time goes. Colby is getting her 4 month needles. Lucky Brent is home with me today.

Had a terrible nights sleep lastnight. Briley and Colby both woke up heaps. Thats the first night since we've been home that Colby has woken up like that. I think her gums might be aching. Teeth already????
    Briley has been pulling on her ears the last few days so i am going to have the Dr check her ears today.

Not much else to report. Hope you are all well...

Take Care!

Hi Girls,

Trust u are all doing well?? Misty & Kirst, if you're reading, how abt this wild Sydney weather eh? I don't think I've ever been so worried abt being struck by lightning! I'm at home today and oh lord, the apartment is SO MESSY. I'd just die of embarrassment if my MIL pays me a visit the way it is now. There are giant dust bunnies prowling the floor like lions on the savannah heheh. I hear what you guys are saying abt getting DH to share the housework but he's taken on a labourer job right now in and he's so tired when he comes home that I don't have the heart to make him do stuff. I work in an office and its low stress, low activity, so I feel I can pick up more of the slack.

We have a new car. Well sorta. The old broken down one got sent for repairs and in the meantime, we're using my SIL's. I think its going to be a permanent swap as she doesn't need it as badly as we do and the other one will work ok for what she needs to do.

My old high school friend and her DH visited us last weekend. They're TTC and had a turn with Willa (who was screaming her head off, so hey what a good advertisement for motherhood lol).

This Sunday, my fat ginger cat decided to fall ill. It was looking bad so we ran around trying to find a vet that was open. I was not impressed with one that only admitted us if we had an appointment even though it was an emergency and they didn't take credit! WHo has that kind of cash at the vets? Turns out the receptionist was 'Gianna' from Big Brother (few seasons back I think). Almost got my eye poked out by her cleavage, but that's another story. We ended up finding a very nice clinic and admitted our fatty, who had a UTI. Got him back yesterday with a $800 bill but hey what can u do right?

A very happy 4 months to Colby and Xavier! Willa's 16 weeks on Friday so i gotta book her in for her 4 month shots. Anything i should know or is it all the same as last time? Same vaccines from what I can gather.

Speaking of pools and swimming, what r ur bubs wearing in the pool? My apartment pool has strict rules abt babies having to wear 'the correct attire' (whatever that is) when in the water. What's the norm? R there swimming diapers or do u just wear a normal diaper under a wet suit?

Becca- i get bad cramping too and yeah so far so good even though I have got AF back, I haven't noticed any cramps so hopefully it will be the same for you. Period cramps are the worse.

Campari - good to know the ILs and you guys are getting on well. It can be so dicey with ILs you don't know that well lol. Good on you for keeping up with your bf routine. i know I'd be more self conscious and perhaps a little defensive if I had a MIL who was a non bf-er staying with me for an extended period. I'm very jealous of your 24-7 babysitting squad.

Kim - I can only imagine that coaching up to 6 hrs might be tough in addition to everything else u have to manage. Your 30th will be fun. DH's cousin's just had her 30th which was a surprise party. She really was surprised! She had her little boy 2 weeks after I had Willa so I think she was glad the organising was done by someone else in the end.

Oh and I finally posted my birth story. Took me long enough. Link is below:
    Willamira in da house 17th August 2007 - BellyBelly Forums ~ Pregnancy, Birth & Baby

sonia
    Last edited by neuri; December 6th, 2007 at 08:15 AM.

hey neuri! i hear ya abt the weather!! it's been pouring so bad that my balcony is flooded coz the water cant get out fast enough for the outlet, it's NUTS!! that said, any rain is appreciated though - summer has come after all.

it's so great to read all the updates from all of u. good to hear that colby is good despite that little shocker poo. seems like overall, all the bubs are thriving!

ella's gotten her 4 month needles on 3/12 and what a champ!! she didnt cry as bad as when she first got jabbed and even i took it better too. i didnt tear up this time, i was preparing myself the whole week for that moment! but glad that it's over now n we've got 2 months grace to get over this before her 6th month jabs. other than that, ella's strating to grasp stuff though not as active like most bubs here. still hasnt rolled yet but quite the chatterbox. she LOVES to lie on the table n that's when she is most interactive. o, n she loves her little gym too. i think i've just got her interested in frogs....we were at the post office the other day when i saw this frog n grabbed it as i reached the counter n wow, that thing really makes her smile a lot since it's got stuff sewed in it so it rattles n jiggles a lot. n she's also taken a liking to the frog hanging from her gym too. i've created a frog freak perhaps?? lol

feeding wise, ella gave me shocker when she slept 12hrs straight the other day which obviously left me so engorged n i was so waiting to burst!! had to wake her up coz i was getting worried. i bet she would have slept more if i didn't go poke her. am not complaining abt the sleep i get at night but it can be a worry. another i notice is that she doesn't seem to feed long at any one time ie. she takes a few sucks then pulls away, giggles, sucks a few times, pulls away n repeats it a couple of times before she settles for a so-called proper feed. not too sure if it's the way i'm holding her or maybe she isnt comfy or what....anyone having this prob?

another thing that scared me was when she hadnt poo-ed for more than 2 weeks.....was SO worried but doc didnt seemed bothered abt it n was suppose to ask u guys abt wat to do to get it going before she landed a BIG one on me this morning at 5.30am!!! :-X i have never felt so happy abt seeing poo!

[tmi] as for me, i asked the doc abt the pain i feel when i pass motion coz i do go everyday but maybe coz it's hard it hurts n doc says it could be due to dehydration n so i am to up my water n take metamucil for a month n see what happens. if it doesnt improve, i've got to be checked out. he said that it could be that my tear hasnt fully healed. so fingers crossed, all will be ok.

Hi all,

Sara I hope your days and nights start getting easier.

Neuri, I hope you haven't turned prospective parents off having a bub lol. Needles etc were the same as last time but the reaction was a little different. Xavier screamed very loudly. He hasn't been too bad since then although I think we had a little diahreoa sp but it's so hard to tell with a BF bub.
    If your complex pool has a strict code you might want to buy the huggies swimming nappies, but there are heaps of re-useable swim nappies you can buy as well, but they do let the wee through and just catch the poo, but in our case Xavier always has runny poo so I don't trust them yet. We bought the sposie ones to use until he has more solid poo then will be using re-useable ones. Although if they don't do anything in the swim nappy you can dry them and use them again.
    I'll have to come back later and read your birth story

Misty. Glad to hear everything is ok, it's normal for a bf bub not to poo for a couple of weeks, clearly my minimum 4 times a day pooer is abnormal. Xavier isn't as active as al the others either, maybe they will have other hidden talents come to lite as they get older. Crazy feeding, we quite often have the pulling away a few times, yet mine are usually accompanied by screams not giggles, i don't mind when it's the giggles.
    I hope your hydration works and there isn't anything worse wrong for you.

We went for our first trip to the pool today, it was great, but I better go he's just woken up after a long nap following his swim.

Cherio

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast