Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2007 #4

Sara glad to hear your all well. I hope briley is coping well after the surgery.
    I'm still amazed at Colby, do you think it's because she can see her big sister and wants to join in?

GTH Kim. I'm growing mine now so that it won't hurt too much when Em grabs it.
    got sum belly laughs out of her today. she has had horrid poo today coz we r doing a lactose test. hopefully we can get in 4 her breath test tomorrow then go back to the good stuff.

Hi ladies!

Kim- the tactile quilt is really a great idea. Hayden will love it. I wish I cld sew better so I cld do similar projects. its quite amazing to see how these little babies really get into the touching and exploring stage, isn't it? I like to joke with Hubby that its like watching someone make fire for the first time. I hope things with DH are better lately? Gosh, money is always a stress, i hear u abt that. We are basically living on my measly income and whatever contract work DH can squeeze in when he's not caring for Willa. So hard to pay back credit card debt and make home loan repayments and buy all our neccessities. I dunno abt u but sometimes I go to bed thinking how we r going to afford stuff, or pay of debts, etc etc. But ultimately i think its good to remind ourselves to take things very slowly when it comes to finances with a baby around. Esp. if both u guys were working b4 Hayden came along. Despite the hardship remind urself that u both have a gorgeous healthy little boy and looking after him makes other concerns secondary for the time being.

Rhi - aren't those fat rolls funny? So much gunk gets in there. The worst is under their chins (multiple chins in WIlla's case). I had a look under there last night to clean and eww it was like bits of dough, i felt so bad for not being more diligent in getting into that area more often. Sounds like u had a great conception period and early pregnancy. I too was worried about all the drinking I did when I didn't realise I was carrying Willa early on, but so far she seems none the worse for wear. Lol about the baby being Spanish of Taiwanese. Does Milla look more like u or your hubby? You know what they say abt babies always starting out more like their daddies - its so the daddies won't eat them

ALi- hope the tests give u some answers. Pls keep us posted. And congrats on the new car!!

Becca - WHat age can babies usually start swimming lessons? I'm interested in doing that too.

Sara - oh, hope the surgery wasn't too bad for Briley then?! Good to hear Colby is doing great.

Feels like ages since i've posted. I've gone back to work this week (mon, wed & thurs) so have been pretty busy and tired. Was abt to take WiIllz down to the park to partake in the magic yellow school bus that comes 'round but she started screaming bloody murder after a pooey diaper and so it was off to bed for her nap. *Sigh* was really looking forward to seeing if any of the mothers' group ladies were down there for a bit of mummy socializing. PLus, its so nice and cool outside this morning.

Well our car went and broke down on our way to yum cha week b4 last. In the middle of full speed on the high way!! OMG I was soooo worried with Willa in her capsule and kept glancing behind us to check if anyone was failing to slow down in time. There was no road shoulder and no exit for ages and we cld only crawl at 20km/h stuck in 1st gear with hazards on and every man and his dog beeping their horn at us. Let me tell u, trying to change lanes to get to the left lane at 20km is SCARY when everyone else is going 80 to 100km. DH did an amazing job. I said a little prayer when we finally got to our destination. Ended up going to yum cha after all for a well deserved feed and having MIL pick me and the baby up later while DH drove the car home all the way again at 20km. He took the back roads this time but I was still very worried.

The other thing is that I'm feeling very guilty now abt giving Willa formula. I know its whatever works best for mum and bub and so long as bub is healthy, happy and thriving, that's all that matters, but I can't help it. I myself was a formula fed baby and so far so good at 28! I was fine with it b4 but everytime I come across another baby that is happily breast fed at 6 months plus or something, I feel guilty. I feel selfish for not making more of an effort. My supply is still dodgy, she still fights the breast and only ever has the L side now and I'm finding it very fiddly pumping at work. So yeah, still breastfeeding but by no means exclusively. I think i need to get over myself as I know she's was a good weight b4 starting formula and still is a good weight now. No other dramas *touch wood* so I should be thankful for our good fortune when not every feeding relationship, be it breast or bottle works out without a hitch.

ok, off to do some much needed cleaning! I wish we were all in the same state and were able to meet up in person occasionally. Lucky KIm for being able to meet Scone and Jensen!

sonia

HI all,

Kim, Lately the clothes grabbing Xavier has been doing include while I'm trying to feed him. He grabs onto my top and pushes it up. He really doesn't understand mummy is trying to be little modest and doesn't want to expose her bb's to the world lol, I think he wants to share them. But more to the point my clothes tickle his face while he's trying to drink.

Oh I keep forgetting to say about the tactile quilt it is a good idea. i was going to make something like that for my first niece. Although I have this little craft addiction where I seem to buy things and then never finish the job. I have so much wool here it is not funny. Sometime soon I plan to start working on a jumper for Xavier for when he is 1. and yes it will take me that long to do it lol

Sonia, baby swimming depends on the places that are closest to you. here they don't start till 6 months. But there is nothing stopping you from taking your bubs to the pool. But I would talk to your MCHN about what age you can try them under water as this came up at mums group yesterday and I'm sorry I wasn't paying much attention lol
    hugs for you with the feeding, you know your doing a great job, but I understand that it's hard to deal with. I'm already getting stressed about it and I don't have to worry until january.

I am going into work this afternoon to tell them officially I will be back to work on the 7th of january full time. We have child care all sorted now I just have to work out this feeding business. I would really like the expressing to work for us as formula is an expense I really don't need but I guess we will see what happens, and although I am trying to keep an open mind about it I know i will be a little anxious if I have to give all or part of it up.

:hugs: sonia, i feel the same. it was either formula or starve 4 em tho. test will b later today but since starting standard formula for the test she has farted heaps n had really runny poo. Dr is convinced it will b positive 4 Lactose intolerance but needs the test done b4 giving script.

gtg

Kim - The quilt sounds great! I, too, have been feeling kinda crafty (in the craft sense) of late. My mil and I are

giving making nappies a go. Her sister has a store where she lives, and the ones we've made so far are soo good!!

Just gotta test them out for durability and waterproof-ness and style! Gotta be functional and good looking

to sell!! I hope you're feeling better. I'm sure no-one wrote that post to make anyone else feel bad. I thought that

was like one of rules for bellybelly.
    Becca - Isn't it great when they find they're feet?! When Jensen did that, he almost rolled from back to front, but

the table he was under stopped him! I also bought a re-usable swim nappy, but from Kmart, it was about $10. Bought a

floatie from there too, it has a hood to keep the sun off him.Jens hangs onto my shirt, but it seems he wants to show these bb's off to the world... lol takes after his dad.
    Rhi - The tummy time gets easier. Jensen used to scream, but decided that I really needed to persist.

Then, he just did it without a fuss! That same day, he rolled off a pillow!! Two surprises all in one! Money is def

an issue. DH is a see-it buy-it kinda person, whereas I'm a shop around kinda gal.
    Ali - Congrats on getting a new car! Last time we got a new car, it was so that if we were ever to start a family,

we'd have a decent car. Lo and behold, 6mths later we were pg! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by alisando01 View Post
    GTH Kim. I'm growing

mine now so that it won't hurt too much when Em grabs it.
    What does GTH mean? I read it as something that I

wasn't sure that it meant.
    Sonia - At the Chandler Sporting Complex up the road from me has a banner up, saying that babies can swim from

3mths. I'm thinking of getting Jensen swimming lessons but Dh's parents have a pool so I'm going to give that a go

first. Wow about going back to work. OMG about the car. With the feeding - you gotta do what you gotta do.... This

might sound odd, but is there anyone around you that has an over production of milk? See if they can give you some

of their ebm. I've often thought that it would be good that we could all meet up, but with kids and different states, it would be hard! It spins my mind that I've even met Kim! Just gotta get some time to go out there and visit, and the courage, coz believe it or not, I'm actually quite nervous around ppl... It might not seem that way here, but it's probably because there's such a lag between posts that it's talking but not a conversation iykwim.

Well, I went into work today to let them know that I wanted to come back about 3 days per week in February when Jensen would be 6mths old. The money I saved to stay off work is going to run out around then, if not January. When I got there, the whole office has gone to the dogs. The supervisor (who quit in sept) is back. The girl at the window and my replacement had a huge argument to the point where no work was getting done. I think I know the reason, but I have to find out without asking. My replacement went off at the boss and quit. The boss begged her back, so she's back. The other girl quit. They got a replacement for her, who turned out to be a stoner who'd go home and come back and hardly keeps his eyes open let alone work. The supervisor went off at him today, he'd already been fired it was his last day, so he just walked out. Also, the boss left and went back to melbourne. So now they're understaffed with a system that doesn't work properly. So I suggested I'd come back one day a week. They're giving me a call on Monday, to see what we can work out. I'm a little nervous about going back, but then, I was nervous about putting Jensen in his own room for the first time.

Well, I better go. It's taken forever to write this (trying to watch a movie at the same time!). Dh has gone off on a mission to help a friend (and not a nice one either - too big a back-story to fill you in) He's been gone for hours and I'm starting to worry. Oh wait - that was him, he's on his way home. We're getting up early to go garage-saling.

Hope you're all well.

Rhianon and Jensen

kim - my AF isnt here yet n i dont know when to expect it. this makes me worried everytime we dtd coz i'm SO not ready for #2. hence, i try to avoid dtd all together. then again, its not fair to dh. *sigh* i really do have to start ready my BM book again. last time i tried to follow it, we got ella! lol hope it works this time though.

rhi - i know what u mean abt those financial woes. altho' our head is above water at the moment, this housing rates biz is not good. so hard to find a place we can actually afford comfortably. fingers crossed we will find a place of our own soon as we are currently renting. we've got a couple of issues to settle n i really hope that we can remain n buy over our current unit. that would save me a lot of mucking around n packing up. i hate that...anyways, i got this musical parrot for ella for xmas. talking abt cutting her nails!! i'm SO scared of snipping of her finger as u mentioned n i wished i didnt have to trim it BUT i have coz they grow so fast. faster still if you've been cutting them....did u notice? wow @ ur work place. i hope u really can work something out.

ali - congrats on the car...been thinking of getting a drastic haircut as my hair is long at the moment but since u mentioned that short hair is easier to pull, i might give it a miss now! :P

becca - haha!! well, ella's been accidently pulling my necklace but i think it's only coz she isn't aware that it's there to pull? once she knows...oh my...nice to know that u're getting things all sorted out.

sara - hope all is well at ur end dear...

sonia - well, hope we too can meet up some day eh? dont think so much abt the feeding. i know what u mean abt feeling guilty. i nvr knew i was formula fed until recently coz i was in n out of hosp -that's what mum told me so i'm trying my best to bf as much as possible but i do notice that ella fights with my boobies sometimes. it nvr occurred to me that maybe it's slowly getting less. have to pay more attention to that. as for finances, i SO getcha....but somehow i believe that no matter what, things will work its way out some how coz God doesnt hand us obstacles we cant overcome. sorry to get all religious here but that's what i really believe. so hang in there ya'll!

ever since ella found her fingers, her dummy is no longer her bestfriend. she hardly ever wants it when she goes to bed n most of the time, i find her with her thumb plugged in her mouth. thing is i dont want to encourage thumb sucking but at the same time i know that it's the best self-soothe way. so i'm in kind of a dilemma. dh said the only thing to do is put something foul on her fingers so she wont chew on the but i think it's just a baby thing discovering their fingers, toes n whatever they can lay their hands on. but what is your take on thumb sucking...? other than that, still no rolling over from ella just yet but she is finding her little gym mat more interesting. now if only she would take her hand out of her mouth so she can TRY to grab something up there!!

u know, i feel so envious how come of u can bf in public. up till today, i still havent done so. i normally bring ebm with us when we are out n about. i feel shy and too wary n conscious abt the ppl around that i dont think my boobies would work!! i'm trying to convince myself that it's not wrong if i cant bf in public, u know? how many of u are bf in public?

Scone, GTH means Good To Hear.

Testing not done yet coz of [email protected] pathologists who 'can't do that test' have to wait till paed appt now

Hi all,

Ali hope you get a script from the doc for the formula, and fingers crossed it will save you some dollars. Do you guys qualify for a health care card. I think that makes the script cheaper again. can't remember all the details though.

Kim, not sure if work nows this yet, but most things in my life take a back seat to BB. the housework and probably the jumper making will take a back seat. probably end up being a coulda shoulda woulda moment.

Rhiannon, I am quite shy myself, and you wouldn't know it from ono here, and you probably wouldn't know it from meeting me either, but meeting people is very difficult for me. Good luck with going back to work. Sounds to me that your work will be very happy to see you back. Just remember not to let your self get stressed out trying to help them fix everything up. Don't take on more than your ready to do. But you might enjoy going back one day a week. I'm back at work in january full time and I just keep telling myelf that I will appreciate my time with Xavier more because evey moment will be so precious.

misty I was told that babies sometimes prefer their hands because the taste better than dummies. probably taste a little salty. I get paranoid about things like sunscreen going in the mouth, but really the small amount doesn't hurt them.
    I feed in public all the time. But if i'm not comfortable neither is Xavier and it all goes bad. Plus in shopping centres it's not working very well anymore because he wants to look at everyone. I am also finding it's getting more difficult to feed him as he is getting bigger as it's getting very awkward to find a comfy position.
    I'm also nervous about dtd because I haven't got AF back, but for a different reason. In the past I've ended up getting af earlier because of sex and I don't want to tempt fate and get it back early. I've also got that feeling atm that i'm going to get it back very soon. it's driving me nuts.
    Seriously though not having af keeps me BF longer when times get tough. It's my motivation

Yes we do have HCC. hopefully will find out what is happening on Thursday. If u r concerned about AF the y not wear a panty liner? that would save u sum embarrasment. a bb is a bb and if ppl don't like it they can grow up and join the 21st century!

hello everyone,
    well, news from Milla is that she did her first real belly-laugh yesterday.... it was beautiful!!! She had done a mega-poo, which went everywhere since we were experimenting with el-cheapo nappies... so DH and I decided to dunk her in the bathroom basin and give her a mini-bath to clean her up. While DH was splashing the water to test the temp, she just cracked up laughing! We both looked at each other thinking OMG is that coming out of her!!?? She hasn't laughed since, despite all my best efforts to look stupid or splash water... I'm glad DH was there to hear it too.

And as for sleeping, well, for three nights in a row she slept from 7pm til 3:30, had a quick feed, then went back to sleep til 7 or so! Bliss. But last night we went out for dinner with my walking-mum's group, and so she was out of her routine, and woke at 11, 1 and 3:30... i am hoping that tonight she gets back to the big sleep. On the up-side, she slept in her pram the entire time we were eating, and it was sooooo nice to get out and have a meal. The daddys also enjoyed meeting each other, I think they miss out since they don't get to do mum's groups. My DH loved seeing the other babies we were out with.

Misty - I BF in public all the time. I am pretty discreet, and I have a few BF tops that I got online, but I really don't have a problem with it. I thought that I would, before I had her, but now that I am confident going out with her, I just feed her whenever she needs it. I find the most annoying thing is that there are very few places where you can sit comfortably, and I always end up in a cafe, just so I can sit down somewhere other than in the car or a manky changing room!

As for thumb sucking, well, Milla is sucking her entire fist most of the time! I don't think its such a bad thing in a baby cause I know how much they love sucking! I used to think that dummies looked awful, and swore I would never use one. But having let Milla use my bb's as a dummy for the first 5 or 6 weeks, I was so grateful when I got her a dummy, and she loves it. We only use it during arsenic hour, and when she is going to sleep - it really works for us. Now I dont mind if she wants to suck her thumb instead, cause at least then I don't have to keep finding it for her like I do when she spits her dummy out, or knocks it out with her fist! But I guess its always a worry that you will have a 5 yr old thumb sucker? For now I think just let them do what they need to to stay happy.

Only 3 more days til the PILs arrive from Belgium.... we have some serious cleaning to do!!!!

Wow, I totally didn't think thats what GTH meant.. lol

I don't have any problem with bf in public. I used to. But if I'm comfortable and he's comfortable, there's no problem. Look at all these young ppl (no offence) my age or younger (pff lol sometimes older hehe) that wear the skimpy tops and clothes. They show off their breasts, barely covered by a top. I'm sorta doing the same thing, only instead of a top, its covered by a hungry baby mouth!! I totally agree with Ali.. It's a breast. Every woman (and some men!) have them. Deal with it! lol. I have noticed ppl watch anyway! lol It's interesting.

Anyway just popped in re/ the bf in public. Also (and please no-one take this the wrong way!), I get confused when I read some of these posts, coz when replying to me, some put Rhi or Rhiannon. As there are two of us ( Rhi and sconeonamission) can we make me either scone or Ren? I dont want to confuse Rhi ! Do you all have something you prefer to be called? I know from a previous post that Ali is Ali, not Alison as it reminds her of being in trouble (?).

hey Scone! I was thinking exactly the same thing, about our names being confusing. Just before I read your post I actually put in a request to change my username, so I'll see how I go with that... when I first signed up to BB I didn't think much about a username, and I just put my nickname (i'm usually called Rhi)... Maybe that will help a bit with the confusion too.

I have a sooky Milla today - and a DH with a cold.

seeya!

hey,

just quickly to let you know that I changed my username from Rhi to Campari... so hopefully there will be less confusion between me and Scone!

Campari is the name we called the bubba (who was to become Monster Milla) while I was pg, because I was drinking Campari in Italy just after we conceived (oops), and also cause our surname has Camp in it ...

seeya
    Rhi / Rhiannon / Campari

HI girls and boys!

paed moved em's appt up to today and this is what he said: no point testing for lactose intolerance going by family history so will just give script!!!.
    also wants her to start solids @ 4 months to aid with weight gain. so we r getting answers. now we just need someone to but the car!

Ali - Oh!! Thats fantastic news! Have you bought the formula yet? Was it any cheaper? How do you feel about starting solids so early? What do you mean that you have to get someone to buy the car?
    Kim - lol I thought that GTH meant (lol I just keep laughing coz its stupid) go to hell! I thought it was a bit rude that she said that.... but no I know my brain's a bit off!
    I didn't mean to leave the rest of you out, but it was a quick pop in. We dressed Jensen today in some warm clothes - who knows what this QLD weather will be like in the next 10 mins.. and the warm shirt he had on was a 0000 and his pants a 000. Ppl say he's small for his age. Maybe I'll have a chat with a health nurse.
    Well, I have my car back. It still overheats, but no-where near as badly. I called my boss today and my first day is Thursday. 730 til when I want to finish. They're still trying to work out an hourly rate.... hopefully, it's worthwhile me going back. I'm so nervous, scared and excited about going back to work and leaving my baby.... Andrew had the day off today, as for the last week he's had a killer toothache. The dentist sent him for xrays, and he's gotta have the remaining 3 wisdom teeth removed. Ouch. Thats going to cost a fortune. The first place we called (we're going private, despite the fact we don't have any cover - I doubt the public system is moving faster the private), their first appt is not til January. There's no way I can deal with his pain attitude til then. We called the dentist back, they called around and found us somewhere. The consult is the 18th Dec, the surgery, 20th. Wow what a fun christmas. I bought a sewing machine from a garage sale on Saturday - $12 !! So we're making nappies. I also have a book with some baby patterns in it, I can't wait to make them!
    Sorry if I missed anything!
    Hope you're all well
    Rhianon and Jensen
    Last edited by sconeonamission; November 26th, 2007 at 06:16 PM.

Scone, we have bought a new car and r trying to sell the old 1. that would make my life much easier if it went fast

ooh I read it wrong and thought you meant you had to get someone to buy the new car for you.. hehe.. I don't know where my brain is sometimes! Good luck!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast