Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2007 #4

Hi girls

Very dry n smokey here, fires on KI n the smoke is blowing all over SA.

The huggies little swimmers r great. if they do poo, tear the side open instead of pulling them down coz otherwise u will make a mess. Sarah has used them since she was little. Haven't taken Em in the pool yet but will soon. Her lessons start in Feb.

Had girls photo's taken today. got 1 free 1 n didn't bother with any others. very cute tho.

Morning girls,

Well the needles went fine. Colby had her 3 needles and did'nt flinch!!!! Briley did'nt either! We were suprised that neither of them cried. We were all spinning out that Colby did'nt cry though. She did'nt even cry for the stingy one. We've come to the conclusion that she has a very high pain tolerance! The distrupted sleeps must have been a one off for Colby because she slept through lastnight. In fact she is still sleeping!

Before i forget these were her stats at 4 months:

Weight: 7kg's
    Length: 62cm
    We did'nt check her HC.

Bec - Happy 4 months to Xavier!! Sorry its a bit late hun but when you have 2 children, becoming fashionably late becomes the norm! How is Xav going??? Did you get his measurments done when you had his needles done??? I was glad to hear that Colby had finally hit the 7kg mark. It was a slow process to get there. Not that she is undernourished or anything. Her weight gain just seemed to slow down there for a while.

Sonia - Your birth story was great! You def have a knack for writing stories! Good to hear that your cat is all fixed! Vet's are rediculously expensive are'nt they! Both of my dogs caught Parvo a few years ago and they cost me $2000!! What we do for our animals, oh i don't know!! Like Ali said, i just use the Huggies Little Swimmers for Briley when we are in public pools. When i am at my uncles we dont use anything on Briley.

Kim - Colby is doing the same thing lately. The pulling of the boob, having a look around, back on the boob, off for another look around. I think its so cute. I love that she is starting to do all these independent things. You seem to be a busy bee lately. Me too! I beginning to dislike this time of the year a lot!!! We have to plan Brent's 30th very shortly too. His is on the 22'nd of December!!! 3 days before Christmas!! How dare his mother!!!

Misty - Good to hear that both you and Ella went well with the needles. I'm suprised that they let you get them done so early. When i got Colby's 2 month needles the Dr said not to come 1 day before she went 4 months. Don't know why though! Don't worry too much about Ella not rolling and stuff. In the next 2 weeks you will notice a massive change. Colby has only started to really roll in the last 2 weeks. BF babies can go up to 2 weeks without a poo. This was brought up at the Sue Cox BF Conference i went to too last friday. The ABA had a pamflet their which talked about it and showed pics of normal looking baby poo!!! Was'nt the nicest thing too see! I hope everything is ok with you....keep up posted!

Rhiannon - Good to hear that Milla is doing well. So you have you PIL's staying with you?!?! Welcome to my world! It test your patience does'nt it. Why are they staying with you guy??? How long for???? If you don't mind me asking. My IL's are here cause 1) Brent asked them!!! 2) To be here to help me out when i was pregnant with Colby and 3) Because the caravan park they were managing got sold! It's more of a hinderence(sp??) than a help somtimes though. Good hear you are coping though!

Well little miss has just woken up and is hungry. I will be back later to fill you all in on how she is doing!

Hope you are all well...

Take Care!

Hey everyone,

All going well here, with my hand-munching, dribbling and laughing little Milla ... no rolling yet here either Misty, but I am not in any hurry for that cause it will be harder to leave her alone once she's more mobile! Its much easier when they stay in the one spot you left them in

Sara... to answer your IL questions... they are here for 8 weeks, and the reason they're here for so long is that they live in Belgium, so its a huge flight, and they want to make the most of their trip. They've both retired recently, so didn't need to rush back to work.... Hmmm. Since DH and I decided to live in Australia rather than Belgium, I can't begrudge them a long visit since they wont see Milla again for another year after this. I don't think we'll be flying to Europe any time soon, that's for sure.
    So far its OK with them being here, but its only been one week. We are encouraging them to take a 10 day trip to New Zealand or Tassie, so that will give me a break. Its good in a way cause I no longer have to do any dishes or laundry, but on the down side I can barely get on BB or my email anymore, cause FIL is a computer nerd who spends all day online too .... Its just strange having people around me all the time. I am still getting the bbs out to feed Milla and not really worrying about that side of things, and MIL is really pretty understanding of BF / sleep signs etc. SInce its so hot in Brisbane, I am feeding Milla a lot lately, and MIL understands it to keep her fluids up.... Although she did suggest I give her water, which I wont be doing. In Belgium they give babies cold fennel tea to drink!!

Well, its a slow news day here. I hope everyone has a good weekend to look forward to

We too have no rolling () I am enjoying every minute of her being little and not really encouraging anything except tummy time. We have moved her into the cot 2nite and have got it elevated 4 her reflux. I took 2 wheels off and stuck the other ones inside some slightly heeled shoes so it is on an angle of about 10 degrees. prob needs to b higher but we shall c. we got a sids approved bumper so she cant slide her legs between the bars at the end.

Sarah has had a throat bug 4 a couple of days. she has not been happy.

any way thats about all @ our house cept 4 the car, which is in my blog. TTFN!

Hi all,

Kim, sounds like you have a real little boy there. I'm sure his fascination in boobs will never go away, just alter a little as he gets older. Xavier tries to give us hickies too but he's just looking for a nipple. I think the only reason I lucked out on my lower half not getting bigger was because I still walked everywhere while pg.

Ali, we had a free santa photo taken at Harvey Norman today and when we go in to pick it up tomorrow we can place an order for more and pay for them if we want. I think it's a great idea. The cost to them is negligible 'cause it brings in heaps of shoppers that might buy something.
    Oh when we had to tilt xaviers cot when he had a cold Nathan got 2 leaver arch folders that were filled with paper and put them under the 2 legs at one end, worked a treat. Great Idea about the bumper at the other end we still have xavier on a slight til 'cause he gets all congested like me but that's just a blanket under his mattress but I did get worried that he might wriggle down and get his feet stuck between the bars.
    I hope Sarah is feeling better soon, I've had a sore throat for 3 days and I have been sooking a lot about it so I can only imagine how bad it has been for her. I also had a lot of head pressure to the point of feeling dizzy yesterday, I hope she hasn't had that.

Sara, Xavier isn't 7ks yet, but he's doing fine so I don't mind. He might end up tall and skinny. I'll post his stats at the end. Glad Colby's sleeping again.

Sonia I loved your birth story.

OK Xaviers 4 months stats, got him checked yesterday
    Weight: 6.830kg's
    length: 65.7cm's (wow i know)
    head 42.3cm

so he seems to be tall and skinny, but healthy and a strong little man. I've noticed him while sitting in a rocker or a pusher that he's trying to lean forward

Anywho, gotta go get out of our non aircon house and go visit my mums house.

Bye

Hey, Bec, 1 more post till 1000! LOL!

Em was 6.1kg this morning dressed! hope the paed doesn't want to see her again after monday coz he is bl##dy expensive! !

Sarah is still not 100% so I will b taking her to the Dr again on monday.

Emma is getting dedicated tomorrow (like a chistening but without the water) so my fam will b down 4 lunch. think DH's fam mite come 4 lunch 2. Just got DH to put the roast in the fridge to defrost 4 2morrow.

Well, it has been far too long since I have posted, I never seem to get a chance to get in here. Jensen just never seems to sleep! 20 min powernaps. 3 if I'm lucky.

FRIDAY I called the health nurse about the fact that Jens has changed his feeding and sleeping patterns (thru the day at least) and has a lump on his gum. Well, they called me back MONDAY and I told them what was happening and they scheduled me for Wednesday. Ended up, he's not sleeping well during the day properly because he's not feeding properly. He pulls on and off ( which seems to be the current trend, I'm reading!) and fights and gets cranky. He's not sealing around the nipple so he's sucking in air, in turn he's not sleeping coz he's full of air and not milk. I then mentioned that I've gone back to work 2 days a week (so not when I wanted to go back! I wanted to go back 3 days in Feb, but ended up going back last week ) and that he's fed ebm from a bottle on the days I go to work. Well. Apparently the reason he gets cranky with the feed is because it's easier to feed from the bottle than from the breast. So he's getting a bit lazy. Well. Not impressed. Also, when I'm at work, I find I don't get much milk when I express anymore. So the nurse gave me a list of where I can hire an electric pump and some ideas on what I can take to increase my supply. So as of Wednesday (15wks), his stats are 6.10kg and 62cm with a head circ of 39 - the 25th percentile for all of the above. The lump on his gum is a tooth, but just a bud. But it's a canine tooth, which apparently wont be the first to come thru.

Other than that, not much has been happening here. Andrew, my dh, had all of his wisdom teeth out on Friday. Wow. Day surgery. We had to be there at 7am, and wasn't called to go to theatre til 12. I got a call at 3.30 that he was ready to be discharged. Jensen and I spent the day at South Bank, it was a 10 min walk). We saw the ASIMO robot thing made by Honda. Jensen had a swim and didn't want to get out. I was jealous that he got to swim and not me, coz I didn't think to take my swimmers and I had a skirt on (shock!) and couldn't tuck it into anything.

I am exhausted, and can't remember what I was going to say. So hope you're all having a great weekend. Catch up with you all soon!

Hi all,

lol ali I didn't even notice. I hope the dedication went well.

Scone, even though the canine is not supposed to come up first, some bubs do cross cut. I heard a story about a little girl that was getting christened and she had just cut her first 2 teeth, that just so happened to be her canines, she looked a little evil for her christening lol
    Pumping can help increase your supply. There are also some other methods you can use if you check out the feeding threads. Good luck I hope he realises that although a little harder work feeding direct from mum is heaps better.

Kim, don't worry about a chubby baby. a friend of mine had the fattest little baby I had ever seen, rolls upon rolls upon rolls, she is now 3 and perfectly proportioned and one very active little girl and yet her little brother never got that chubby. He's just storing supplies away for all the moving around he's probably planning to do.

Well seems that the more horrific part of my cold is gone, thankfully. It really shocked me 'cause I wasn't expecting to feel dizzy. Thankfully Nathan had the afternoon off on Friday so I didn't have to worry about trying to get to our MCH appt in the heat and feeling dizzy, and he was able to keep xavier occupied.

I went and picked up our photo and ordered the $5 pack 'cause it's our first xmas and i'm a sucker lol, but $5 I can handle, can't remember what I get I think it's one big photo and a couple of little ones still cheaper than most of the places and a reasonable quality. Plus they only take a day to process it. When it comes to xmas presents for great nana's and grandpas it's cheap as chips and appreciated more than a gift.

No worries Bec!

Took Em to the paed, He doesn't wanna c her again!!! he has given us a list (pls check my blog, I can't b bothered rewriting it!) of things to do. her weight is fantastic and he even liked my idea of a replacement term for FTT.

Her needles r on Thursday and we start solids on Sunday. she will b having farex 4 lunch.

Kim, chubby babies r much nicer than skinny babies. u don't want a skinny baby. trust me. they r expensive with all those expensive paeds and tests to find out why. u can wait to start solids coz u can see he is fine and doesnt need them yet. not like us, she has only just gotten a double chin!

Hi girls!

Well i have a different baby this week. Colby has been so whingy and clingy the last few days its not funny! I also think she might be teething. She has been drooling something shocking and today was crying heaps so i tried some Bonjella and she finally fell asleep. She woke up at 2am thismorning for a feed then again at 6am. So its either teeth or a growth spurt.

Anyone else experiencing this????

Kim - To answer your question about IL's....Yep they have been living with us since i was pregnant. Brent was working in the mines during some of my pregnancy and because of my Irritable Uterus, MIL came to stay to help me out with Briley and stuff. But yeah they live with us PERMANENTLY!!!! ARRRGHHHHH!!

Ali - YAY!!! No more paed.....thats great news hun! Emma is well on the way to being a chubby bubba too!

Bec - Glad to hear your feeling a little better hun!

Hi to everyone else! Glad to hear the all the bubs are growing nicely!

Well i am buggered. Colby has just woken up again. She was asleep but is awake again now!!!

Hope you are all well....

Night!

Hi all,

Ali yay for double chins!! and not wanting to be seen again, you know what I mean

Sara, yep I am feeling a little better, but I think being sick and general exhaustion has taken it's toll on my milk supply, so now I'm working on increasing it.

Hope everyone is well,

Quote Originally Posted by Kimnastics View Post
    Just wanted to let everyone know I changed my username from Kim88 to Kimnastics.
    I like it!

wow...everyone is surely looking good!! christmas is certainly in the air.

need to rant here so bear with me....we went to get a pic with santa at a wesfield outlet today and someone cut our line!!!!! DH was so annoyed abt it that we left n went to another outlet. so rude! what was so annoying was that we were waiting for our turn for some time n this lady who was just standing outside of the santa area [so to speak] with her boy was just looking on n right after santa gave the kiddy some candy, n me turning to adjust ella's hair n dress, the next thing i knew, he was in santa's lap n DH was left holding ella in the air, literally as he was holding her up n prepping her to sit in santa's lap. humph, some chrstimas spirit that is!

sorry just HAD to rant coz ella looked SOOOO cute in her christmas dress n that pink bow. :| but dont matter as long as we got it done, i'm all good!! =) must say it was certainly pricey....cost us some $30 for 3 copies of a 5x7!!

Hi All,

Quick post from work!

Good to see all the bubs are coming along well. Ali, great news that paed doesn't want to see Em any more. That's a welcomed snub hahaha. Bec, glad your feeling better.

Misyty, I wld have snapped at that rude lady! But its better u didnt because an aggro, ranting mummy is never a good look

Sara and Scone, I'm told lots of changes can take place at 4 months, what with teething and babies physical development. Makes sense that sleep patterns can change and babies can get clingy. Willa gets frustrated that she can't sit up on her own yet and doesn't like having to lie back all the time. I can feel her annoyance sometimes. I think she's a candicate for solids soon. Her mouthing action and pincer grip is good and she's always keen when watching me eat, so much so that she starts chewing on her bottle teat at the same time I'm eating.

Scone, the electric pumps work very well, u just gotta keep up with it. Don't be like me! I looked into renting but worked out that buying my Avent Isis IQ one was cheaper in the end. It's about $125.00 and renting can be about $20 a week with a $200 deposit at chemists.

I don't think we'll get to a Santa to have any pics this year. I just can't see it happening. Also the cost is ridiculous. Maybe next year! Her grandma got her a little santa's little helper outfit tho, so I'm sure we'll be getting lots of pics come Chrissy lunch/dinner.

Willa had her 4mnth shots yesterday so far so good, no crankies. She only squealed a little n stopped as soon as I picked her up. Also didn't spit up any of the oral liquid. Her stats are 69cm length, 7kg weight. She ought to be fat rolls all over but because she's tall, it evens out i guess.

Lately she's cuasing havoc in the bath. I have that fisher price aquarium bath with the little foam ledge seat but she now arches and kicks and comes off it so I either have to hold her down or hold her up right in the deeper end of the bath. Its killing my back. Must look into bath seats now. They grow so fast!!!

sonia

HI all,

Nice new name kim, you sound all sporty. eww getting covered with poo. Sounds like you had an 'eventful' day to say the lest. I hope today is better for you.

Misty that is no fair cutting in line like that. I cant stand line cutters and people who don't know how to line up in the right spot too. I like my local spotlight now because they have a line up spot for the material and they won't serve anyone who doesn't line up. I'm a good girl and always line up and often get served before the lazy bums that don't know how to line up.

sonia, sneaky lil thing posting from work, Xavier isn't ready for solids, but he is trying to sit up, he kinda leans forward if he's laying on an angle. I rekon he'll sit up before he rolls at this rate
    My MIl picked up a cheap bath seat and I'm just trying to politely tell her I don't want one. Me personally I don't like them.

Kim, who said I would use tact while I can get away with it, while Xavier is none the wiser I will just put things I don't like away and either chuck them or give them to charity and hopefully they people who gave them to him will realise he doesn't play with them and not get him anything else like it. Well that's the plan anyway, ask me this time next year lol

ooo the kimnastics story is very cute.

Aww the poo story, that's not fair. I can't stand it when people laugh at me about silly little things, even though it happened there is no point in rubbing salt in the wound. If it helps I probably would have ended up covered in poo just like you.

although i was ****ed, i didnt want to snap at her although DH was close to doing so. guess i wasnt worked up enuf to start a hissy fit! lol :P lucky for that mum....

ella's been starting up a storm in her bath too. there's more water outside her bath than inside once she's done! n daddy always lets her splash too long. but mum always gives her quickies. n she knows it too! she does splash that much when i bathe her but when DH does it...OMG....my doc said that we could start on solids after the NY but can start giving her little bits of this n that although i havent figured out what of this n that he meant. should have asked but i didnt. he also mentioned that i can introduce juice if i wanted to but i wont....at least not so soon.

btw, can anyone recommend a good book on baby growth...does any1 here HAVE reference books they'd like to recommend me?

I had a huge post written and the stupid computer lost it. I'm so sick of that! What I'll have to do is pop in here everyday...

I'll pop back tomorrow. I am totally exhausted from looking after a clingy Jensen, cranky lump of a husband (still in heaps of pain from his op) and I was up til 3am (then woken again 5 and 7) Monday nite/Tues morning making a secret santa pressie for mothers group. I'll put that pic in my bb pics.

Hope you all have a great night

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast