Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2007 #6

Hi all,

sorry I haven't been in for a while. I hope your all well,

no time for personals, got myself a sooky sooky lah lah that has decided sleep is for suckers. That plus work makes for a very tired mummy.

I'll try to make it back in over the weekend.

Bye

Hi Ladies,

Willa had her needles on Wed. Wed night itself was fine but boy did we have a time of it last night. For the first time in more than 2 months, i was up giving her a night time feed. She went bonkers after 8pm just wanting to play and play and roll and rock on all-4s until like 11pm. Refused to go to bed. And then she was up every 2 hrs crying. So odd. So i gave her some panadol. Worked for about 3hrs and then she was crying again. Went on til morning. She seems ok this morning after breakfast.

While at the GP, I asked about getting her 12 months needles split up into the 3 components instead of the combined MMR all at one go. I'd asked a different doctor abt this last time I was there and he said it should be fine. But we did get some strange looks and the vibe I was getting was that it would unneccessarily upset Willa to have to come back 3 times in a month for shots particularly at that age.

Is anyone else splitting up the 12 month MMR?

Regarding ear-piercing. My DH asked me the same question. I think I'll wait until she can ask for it and can take care of them. This is because my family has a hidtory of keloid scaring so I had lots of difficulties with piercing my ears so am hoping she hasn't inherited the condition.

Also coming from Asian culture where lots of little babies get their ears pierced very early, I saw so many friends at school with piercings growing out badly as their earlobes grew. Of course this might have something to do with wearing too much baby bling that grannies give us

So i figure if she asks at around 9 or 10 she will have grow into her ears by then. The only thing is the best way to pierce is with a needle rather than a gun and at that age, it would totally freak her out, so we might wait until even later and make a special event out of it and get some nice gold studs. My sister had the same keloid issues with early piercing on numerous occasions, then waited to do it again when she was 13 via needle and has had no worries since.

SHe's banging on my piano keyboards behind me. Amazing how she finds all these setting i didn't even know my keyboards had!

sonia

p.s While typins this I received a telemarketing call from the Sydney Morning Herald trying to get me to subscribe, and when i politely say no thank you after LISTENING to the offer, the chick gives me attitude. How rude! Like I offered them my number to harass us in the first place. Sheesh. SOrry, just really annoyed with telemarketers.
    Last edited by neuri; February 29th, 2008 at 11:29 AM.

Smile

hi!
    We're back!Jensen is such a busy body and the house is always a mess, so I never have time to be on here. I've just put his soothing music on, hoping he'll go back to sleep, while I try and sort out these baptism invites.

I don't really have time for personals today, coz we're going to PixiFoto in 30mins!
    Jensen is making the crawling movements and getting so far, then stops.From there he inches like a worm! So cute.
    We went to the amateur baby show yesterday and he won runner up for Prince of the Day and 2nd place for cutest. Would have won (or got something) for best smile, had he not woken up 5mins before judging started... Next time!
    He's also started sleeping thru the night better. From waking 6 times (4 for feeds) to waking twice in the last two nights. Lets hope this is a trend.
    His spots are back, and are Staph infections. I get them, so they are probably inherited from me. They're over most of his body, save his chest and tummy. Gonna look great in the huge free pixifoto pic.... not.

Better go. He's wanting to get up.
    BBL

[QUOTE=Campari;1171604]
    Milla has her two bottom teeth, and yesterday bit my nipple while feeding for the first time... yeouch!!!! Its so cute to see her with teeth, but I hope the biting doesn't become a habit... she's so difficult to feed as it is.[QUOTE]

i can definitely relate to this!! arianna's had 2 bottom teeth now since early this month n i was REALLY struggling with the biting. but now i found a way to stop this, kind of anyway. lol i REALLY shove in as much boob as possible n hold her close so that she can move abt n loosen her grip. it's a bit of a cheat but anything to stop the biting i'll do since i feel bad for roughly scolding her n making her cry in the event, u know?

any ideas from anyone who's been bf a teething bub?

hi! Back again!
    Before I launch into all about Jensen, I've lost a total of 8kg now. I weighed myself at the chemist yesterday and had to go back, just to make sure I was seeing the right numbers... 10 to go til I'm where I want to be!

Well, we have officially started solids! I was trying to stave it off for a little bit longer, but I caved. Jensen had had some farex every now and then before, so I tried to give him that every day for his one meal a day for a week start. He really doesn't like it. So after 3 days, I gave him a lil bit of farex and some tinned apple. Well. We love Apple! It goes everywhere, but mmmm, he loves it!

I have organised Jensen's baptism. It's the 16th of March, down in Coolangatta (near the QLD/NSW border). I've only just sent out the invitations. I put our address on the envelope, but the invite says RSVP 8th, but doesn't have how or who to RSVP. I'm such a goof.

With the car seat, I wont be turning it round til it says to. 12kg or something.

Jensen is finally learning to go to sleep on his own!! Woo Hoo!! This morning I put him in his cot and he cried when I walked away, but put some relaxing music on for him and he was asleep before the first song ended. Beethoven's Fur Elise, if you want to see if it works for your baby. I had never played it to him before the other week and he settles when he hears it. Its great. It's on my phone, so I can take it with me

Jensen has also started sleeping better again. We are now down to 2 wakings a night, 3 last night tho - the 3rd being "oh lets play". Ended up putting him into bed with us for about 30 mins til he was asleep.

Does anyone's baby have a comfort item(excluding a dummy)? Jensen has to have a piece of material, the same fabric as boxershorts, tied in a knot. As for dummies, i want to get rid of ours, any tips?

Jensen entered a baby competition at the local shops and got runner-up in the Prince of the Day and 2nd in Cutest Boy !! (I don't know if mentioned that in the last post, so I put it in again, coz I'm proud of him!) There was a mother there when pulled up getting stuff from her car, along the pram handles was a selection of clothes for her baby girl, none for her son. The lil girl had a different outfit on for each category, the little boy didn't. They didn't even get a runner-up ribbon. I think the judges saw they were trying too hard. The boy that won most of the categories was pakistani, or something along those lines. I don't have anything against them, but he sure wasn't the cutest etc. But they were the only (how do I put this politically correctly?) non-caucasian ppl there. Maybe thats why he won everything - so the judges didn't look racist. He wasn't even happy about being there and just sat in a shopping trolley. Oh well.

Kim - congrats on Hayden crawling! Jensen is so almost there! He may not be actually "crawling" the whole time, but can cross the loungeroom in no time! Also, he sat up from the crawling position for the first time yesterday!! He's been going from the sitting position to crawling for a bit. I noticed you've changed your signature.... We have our fingers crossed for you. Good luck!

Welcome to Tobyturtle!

Bec - Jensen is the same re: sleep is for suckers. Only when mummy's home tho, at nana's he sleeps for up to 2 hrs.

Sonia - No, each set of needles we've had, he's been grumpier and grumpier after them, so it'll be done all in one hit. Good luck with it tho

Misty - Jensen has no teeth yet, but pinches when he bites my nipple if he's frustrated. I'd love to hear any tips, so when the time does come round, I'm armed!

Hope you had a great w/e.
    Rhianon and Jensen
    Last edited by sconeonamission; March 2nd, 2008 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sconeonamission View Post

Misty - Jensen has no teeth yet, but pinches when he bites my nipple if he's frustrated. I'd love to hear any tips, so when the time does come round, I'm armed!
    well, dont know if this is called a tip but u're welcome to try it!

on another note, i remember someone mentioning that they went on a trip some time ago on a flight so i was wondering whether if you're bf, should one also take fm along as well, just in case? we're heading back home to malaysia in 10 days so just thought i find out a little bit.

Hi all,

Well I have made it back only 5 days later....

Sonia, we won't be splitting up MMR, As you mentioned it is a lot of un necessary extra needles. Measles Mumps Rubella have been combined for at least 10 years now and after the research I did at Highschool and Uni I am an avid advocate of immunisations and know that a lot of exstensive research has been done. If it was brand new and there was little documentation around re side effects and stuff like that I would probably research it more thoroughly.

Re pierced ears I might be biased because I've never had mine done, yet I don't think young children should have them. I think there are heaps of cons to it.

Kim we are having the everything grizzles. His gums feel no different to how the usually feel but we have had some very rosy cheeks. Generally unsettled, a little tummy upset (you should have smelt the farts coming out of him he could have blamed his dad they were so stinky, and he has a cough, sounds like a bronchitis type cough, but of course he didn't "perform" the day we went to the doctor, and because of all of this we don't like food much anymore. The only thing he will really eat is pureed apples. Oh and untill about a week ago, he didn't sleep for more than about 3-4 hours at night, I was wrecked. So for the moment it's just perservering, Sleeping is getting better, but that cough just breaks my heart when he is hacking away in his sleep, if all he wants are apples at the moment then that's what he gets for tea and I make the crech be the evil doers that make him eat vegies mwah ha ha ha, Mum has to be the good guy sometimes right??

Scone at this age to get rid of the dummy just toss it and be strong. You will have to find new ways to sooth him and it might take some pererverance but it might be easier to do it now rather than later. Me I'm going to takle it later as I don't have the energy to perserveeer at the moment. I almost need an entire month off work just to get him sleeping at night again.

Teeth and biting, we don't have teeth yet, but i'm still convined he's going to cross cut and get his top eye teeth first, so that might save my nipples for a little longer, but the other night I was in the bath with him and while turning him around wasn't watching were those little hands where and ... nipple cripple.... I was like arghhhhhh, Nathan thought it was funny

Well better go, got lots to catch up on on the net and quickly running out of time to do so.

Hi All,

Misty- let us know how your trip to Malaysia goes! I have so much empathy now for families who travel with babies. Gosh it must be daunting esp. on long flights! I'll be taking Willz to see her grandparents at the end of the year so she'll be a little over 1 years old. Should be easier by then hopefully.

Kim - lol about Hayden being such a strong little boy. I can picture the struggle with mummy over the bin hehe. Amazing that he's crawling and pulling himself up like that.

Becca - I hope his cough is better soon. I can imagine how tough it wld be hearing him cough at night. Baby farts are soooo funny. My mum says that nothing dissolves tension in a room like a good baby fart. If you have any links re. MMR theories in relation to Autism or Crohns Disease, please send them my way. I think the concern was about the aluminium in the vaccine, but then Australian MMR vaccine hasn't contained aluminium for more than decade if I'm not mistaken. I know all the negative associations are anecdotal but my DH is worried sick about this shot and from what he's heard from the Crohn's Assoc. I think I scared him all the more after the recent Oprah special on Autism. I'm all for vaccinations, otherwise. DH developed Crohns at 17 years of age, two weeks after he received some sort of MMR booster shot at his school. He wasn't even supposed to get it, it was for the little kids. He was one of the prefects looking after the kids and the staff said why not get a shot to show the littelies it's not that bad, so all the prefects got jabbed as well. Not to say that he wasn't on his way to developing Crohns anyway.

Scone- congrats on Jensen's prizes. How adorable. You def. should pull out all these bits and pieces at his 18ths! lol

Willa is doing something new and interesting - not sleeping in the daytime. It would be bad if she wasn't pretty good at staying up. I've given up keeping her in the lounge room in her baby cage (playpen) or on the floor (as she ends up under the entertainement unit). I have floorboards and she's hit her head . So she can be found in her room which has carpet and she's happy to empty out all the toys I put in her baby bathtub. This lets me do laundry or cooking. Around arsenic hour, I throw in one of my cats for her to chase. So far he's been terribly gentle with her, but I have to be more watchful because she treats him like pizza dough. The RSPCA might come after me

Alright, back to work for me! Hope you guys are keeping well.

sonia

Kim, ahhhh ppl keep telling me the same thing! I'm terrible when she has her bumps. I gasp and rush over and make a big fuss. DH says not to get all worked up because then baby gets worked up. You are right, they do get over it quick and are smiling minutes later. Was like that with needles too.

I'd melt into a big sticky puddle of goo if Willa looked at me crying and said mum-mum. I like to feel needed lol. That is soooo freaking adorable!

Latest update is that my local council just informed me that a spot has opened up for family day care in my area. Forget commercial day care, the waiting list in my area is like YEARS. And this one is within walking distance. Not sure what to do as we seem to be scraping by (money wise) with DH and I each working half a week. Forget trying to save tho. U gotta have money leftover to save! But with day care of one or two days, he could now work more when he was previously caring for her. What do do..what to do...

anyway, that's my musing for the day. take care, all.

son

Smile

Hey all!!

What a week it's been!!

On Saturday (last week) We started solids. Tinned apple.... mmm everywhere! Also, Jensen decided he could sit up from the crawling position. So now thats how he gets around. A bit of crawling and sits up and then a bit more crawling and sits up.... Sits to get him where he needs to go!

Wednesday - Mum was looking after him (it was her day to) and Jensen pulled (or tried to and nearly succeeded) himself up into a standing postion... Subsequently, he's been doing it ever since.

Friday - We had an accident. 8am. Reversed into a car who reversed into me at the same time. Both of us were in the wrong, and seeing I have no insurance on that car, I wonder how much a new front passenger door for her is going to cost me... More physical /noticable damage to her car (older VW Golf) than to our Triumph S, but our car is older and parts are harder to get. So far no word from her insurance company, but then it is only Saturday. Jensen was unharmed. All it did was wake him up. He saw how distressed I was, so he started crying but I reassured him and he was fine. I said to Andrew - All that insurance I pay for the Range Rover (which is sitting in my driveway wasting away coz the part to fix it is still not in..grr) and I have an accident in the Triumph. Ah well. No one was hurt, thats the main thing. Also, the fan has become very fascinating. He was being awful quiet so I looked for him and here he was fingers almost thru to the fan. I yelled out NO, which scared him! lol funny now, but he almost lost some fingers.

Today - Jensen tries potato... hmm not too tasty. Bit bland. Mixed it with BM to make it a smoother consistency, but didn't make any diference. Might have to mix it with apple or pear. Sounds tasty. Had to pick up his pixifotos today too. Got my free one, and the lady wanted to know if I wanted to buy any others individually or as a package. I told her about the accident and explained that I am still on maternity leave = no money. She asked me which photos did I like. I said the one dressed as a cowboy. So she gave it to me!! She said don't worry about it, you can have it. So it was the free photo, the cowboy photo and it's contact sheet(the 4 lil ones with a bigger one). Jensen also had his proper crawl. Of course, mummy missed it, so the inlaws tried to get him to do it again. Nope! Also, DH's parents guinea pig died today. What a week.

Anyways, I have another big week coming up. Monday is our first wedding anniversary, Tuesday is my mums birthday, Wednesday is her sisters birthday, Thursday is our god-daughters 2nd birthday, Friday is my sisters 2nd wedding anniversary and Sunday is Jensen's baptism. Monday is Andrew's RDO, so I asked if I could have that day off too, I can, but have to make it up thru the week,then that friday is Good Friday. Wow.

Thats all for now, I guess. I wonder if we'll have andrew's friend Jared over again for the 3rd Saturday night running. Would kinda like some personal attention iykwim, to get rid of all the stress of yesterday (thats' my excuse).

Hope you're having a great weekend!
    Rhianon and Jensen

Wow Scone! You have been very busy! I became an aunty this week so I have been busy too.

According to the IL's Em crawled for the 1st time today, but we are yet to see it I wanna keep her little for a while! the sooner she grows the sooner i dont have a baby anymore, but i guess that means the sooner we can TTC again

Hi all,

Scone, happy anniversary for MOnday! I had my first anniversary when I was 26 weeks pregnant. I was waddling and uncomfortable, but I put on something pretty and we def. had a nice time even if it was a early night lol. What a busy time for you. But fun! Our family's b'day period seems to be around March too. Bummer abt your car and no insurance. I know what that's like. We had the 2 as well and within a month, had accidents in both. Now our only car has just broken down and we have no money to fix it. *Sigh* THat was rather nice of the photo lady to give you the cowboy pic! She must have sympathised what with the car accident and everything.

ALi - Congrats on becoming an aunty! I think its lovely when sibs have kids around the same time. I had heaps of fun playing with cousins all around my age.

I'm up at this hour cooking...been cooking since 8.30pm and damn my feet are sore!! *moan* I'm doing meals for us for the week and Willa's food- which has become more involved of late....

Well willa has progressed to meat with her vegies now. I really wasn't planning to be so gungho with her solids, but she's just really into her food and has always been since I tried her on farex at 5 months.

After a month and a half of various vegies, she's had bits of our table food to taste and today she had pureed lambshank with the broth. LOVED IT. I have made pumpkin, potato and purreed chicken tonight to freeze for her meals next week. Sometimes she doesn't like being fed from a spoon and I have to smear her food on some wholemeal bread and she will work her way through a slice. Her fav. food seems to be bread at the moment but I think that's because its just the easiest to hold. We still cant eat at a restaurant if she doesn't have SOMETHING, even if she's just been fed. A bottle won't do either, she will scream the place down unless we give her something in her hand. So I bring along those bellamys organice dried apple slice and she sucks on that. Or table bread. MCHN recommends water when she's acting hungry in between bottles or meals. So we introduced a sippy cup of water and she has that with her when she's playing and will sip, but I think its more for fun than thirst.

No crawling that I can discern yet. SHe sorta starts off and then goes backwards into sitting position again. But like Jensen I think she's trying to stand. I got some video of her holding on to the edge of her playpen standing up. Scary, they're all growing up so quick!

god I am soooo tired. still have to pack the rice into the containers and wait for them to cool b4 putting in freezer. ANd I just had to do a load of laundry earlier too... *falls asleep on keyboard*

hugs,
    sonia

Sonia - well done on all that cooking! i should do some but it is way too hot here atm.

Em has started commando crawling! she did it for FIL yesty and we saw it this morning! so cute! and she is starting to really babble heaps.

Quote Originally Posted by neuri View Post
    Hi all,

god I am soooo tired. still have to pack the rice into the containers and wait for them to cool b4 putting in freezer. ANd I just had to do a load of laundry earlier too... *falls asleep on keyboard*

hugs,
    sonia
    omg sonia! u're amazing!! good on u though - i had stopped the solids for awhile because arianna seemed to refuse it but now we are back on track again but still sticking to rice cereals n will introduce other food when we are in malaysia. am not planning on rushing things at all.

on another note - arianna turned yesterday!!!! she had her baptism that morning and in the afternoon after we had arrived home and DH had changed her nappy. she just flipped over - just like that. and we were both there, staring at her with eyes wide open n then i burst out with excitement n all emotions under the sun!!! was so proud of her n she KNEW she did something right coz she had on her 'i'm a super achiever' smile as well. lol so that's 2 pearly whites n a turn to add on to her development and one religious milestone too.

well, i think the next time u hear from me will be from malaysia. we are leaving on 11/3 so wish us luck!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimnastics View Post
    All the babies seem to be growing up so fast. Lots of crawling and babbling and eating real foods. Hayden has been blowing raspberries on me for a couple of weeks now and it makes us both laugh. Any other babies doing this?
    thanks kim! i hope so too - all prayers are most welcomed! arianna is the queen of raspberries! she can go on n on n on....it's really not funny when you're evenly coated with baby drool after a certain point. lol but it is funny to a degree, no doubt abt it.

Hi all,

Thankfully you guys don't chat too fast, and I can keep up with my once a week post.

Sonia, when it comes to these important decisions you need to be informed. I would suggest doing some research into Australian studies done re the MMr vaccine. You can do this at your local library or a university library with a health faculty would be really good. read the pros and cons and make an informed decision. you really have to annalyze the info though as anyone can write an article.

yay for everyone and all the good things that have been happening.

We are still waiting for much movement here, but i'm starting to get the feeling that our days of a still baby are seriously numbered. He now rolls onto his tummy and then trys to comando crawl goes backward and spins in cirlces. he trys so hard he has carpet burn on his knees and wrists. We finally had to lower his cot down because i can just picture him grabbing onto the side and pulling himself up and he would topple over before we knew it.

well better go and do some work.

HI Everyone

Sorry I haven't posted for a while...just got back from 5 days at Coffs Harbour - it was beautiful and so nice to have hubby and my girlfriend around to help with the kids.

Wow, so much has been happening - rolling, teeth, solids, baptisms, crawling and sitting and some about to start pulling themselves up!!

I cannot believe how quickly it is all happening (it didn't happen as fast as this with my son who commando crawled at 9 months).

Misty, all the best for the Malaysia trip!

Sonia - you are a great Mum for doing all that cooking! But wishing you some rest too.

Neuri and Rhianon - Sorry to hear of the car and $$ troubles - just not fair is it?

Ella is crawling all over the house too, and goes to a sitting position with her arm on the floor next to her, supporting her. I miss my little baby. We are doing well with solids and I can relate to those who say they can't eat out unless bub has something in their hands. I have been giving Ella arrowroot biscuits or plain toast - no butter. She loves it and seems to have a great chewing action.

I am so lazy we aren't onto meat yet, but this week when I cook up some more steamed vegies, I will do some meat. Sweet potato and pumpkin are going down well with a spoon of apple or pears in them. We are having two meals are day and are slowly getting used to yoghurt.

Still bfeeding what feels like ALLLL DAYYY. Have to work on that, only 6 weeks until I am back at work 3 days per week.

Take care everyone, I will try and check in a bit more and keep up to date.

Hiya girls,

OMG all the bubs are growing so quickly!!

Alex is doing the whole going backwards and trying to stand thing atm so no real crawling action, and still lots of rocking. She now has two front teeth and eating well, but I have a couple of quick Q's

Is it OK to give her pureed meat now?? and can I give her bread? I noticed some of the mums giving bubs bread and toast - I think Alex would love it!

TIA,
    Lisa XX

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast