Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2007 #6

Lisa, they are getting to the age where you can give them almost anything. most of what you eat mashed is fine. just be aware of allergies etc

just popped in quickly to say that arianna has been busy at practising her rolling that i cant even blink! the flight over was good althoughi did get chomped on many times during her feeds because she was frustrated as i was. the plane seat is rather narrow so i have to put myself in the most awkward positions just to get her comfy n even then, she isnt. so poor thing was so exhausted by the time we got home. she even slept right thru the second league of the slight - a 50 min flight before arriving in penang.

the family is loving her n my mum is really bonding well with bub. i'm so happy to be home.

Hi everyone!!

Just popped in with updates, as who knows when Jensen'll start up!

Well, Jensen's baptism was today! It went really well. I did start to panic when the father asked to open the books to the baptism page and none of the godparents had arrived at the church yet. I knew they were there somewhere (we all travelled to Coolangatta from Brisbane for this !) I calmed down a bit when my sister and her husband (godparents) arrived with my mum. I asked if she saw Andrew's brother (other godparent) outside and she said yeah he's shaved his head. Well. I panicked again. James loves his hair. I realised that it was one of Andrew's friends and I felt better. But when James actually showed up, everyone else was in their sunday best and he shows up in jeans and a sonic the hedgehog tee. So not impressed. Ah well. Least he was there. There was no screaming or whingeing, as Ithought (Jensen doesn't like water on his head). So it all went well, til breakfast, but it wasn't anything really, so I wont bore you

Saturday Jensen had his first beach trip! MMM sand. Wasn't too keen on the bigger waves, but the smaller lapping ones were ok.

About 2hrs ago, he started to pull himself up on things and sidestep around them while holding on. He almost got around one obstacle, but lost his balance.

Is anyone else's bub giving cuddles/hugging/ holding on for dear life? Jensen's started and it's too cute. It's like he's saying I love you, pls don't leave me, but this is the only way I can tell you.

Better go, I'm exhausted and it's almost time for a tubbin'.

(just as a side thing... I hightly doubt I'm pg, but lately seem to have the pg like cravings for chocolate and eggs. Not together of course, but individually. ATM it's eggs but last week all I wanted was choc and nothing else.... anyone else, or I'm just weird? )
    Hope you're having a great weekend!
    Last edited by sconeonamission; March 16th, 2008 at 05:21 PM.

Hi girls!

Its been a while since i have posted. No excuses just have'nt been bothered really!

Colby is going really well. She started proper crawling yesterday and is pulling herself up onto everything that she can. She has had a couple more viral infections since i last posted and we are not sure where it is coming from. We have bore and tank water so i am thinking it might be from that. I have been extra careful with it all.

She is still breastfeeding really well which i am totally over the moon about. I have been comp feeding at bed time now though. She started waking up a fair bit a night times for a few weeks hungry so i started giving her a formula bottle at those times.

She has also become a major mummies girl at plays it up too. When she got her last needles she found her lungs and screamed so loud. Now if i walk away or put her down, she does this scream!! Its blood curdling!!!! Its worst at 3am when she wakes for a feed and i walk away to make a bottle!

She is on 3 feeds a day now. Breakfast we have farex or wheatbix. Lunch is a tin of fruit with farex. And dinner is mash vegies with a bit of gravy. She totally loves her food!

Last time we had her stats done she was a bit over 8kgs, 79cm and HC41cm. So she is growing well.

I am doing well. Had my first Doula birth last monday. Everything went very well. Mum had a very quick labour and birth. I started my uni course at the start of the month and am juggling motherhood, doula-ing, study and housekeeping quite well! (touch wood).

Not much else to report. I have broadband internet now and will be in a lot more often.

Sorry for no personals. Will keep up from here!!

Hope you are all well....

Take Care!

Hai Ladies!

The theme of my post today is all about how cute and loveble our babies are. I'm so in loooove.

Wow at how all the bubs are doing so much, crawling, pulling up, side-skirting even! And yeah, I totally agree that the holding on tightly thing is just sooo lovely. I can't get enough cuddles! Do they only get cuter from here? I can't imagine it. 2nd time mums can answer that question lol.

Willa is only just starting to pull up on stuff but she isn't really crawling yet, but she'll attempt it if she really really wants to get to something- like my younger car, Asper. All I have to do is say, "HELLO ASPER!" and she starts searching for him like crazy. She does this thing where she'll get up high on her hands and feet and then goes back into a sitting position with one leg folded under her. But no super fast crawling like I've seen in other babies. But we keep the digicam on standby! I too love those wet kisses they give though. She sucks at my cheeks and it tickles. So wonderful. The belly laughs are great too. She finds me singing the alphabet hillarious (I do it really silly) and laughs so much her voice goes hoarse. Also, she's well and truly gotten over her stranger fear and has a smile for everyone now.

Misty - glad ur flight went ok and hope u have the best time at home

kim - at risk of repeating myself, all that stuff Hayden is doing right now is soooooooo cute

sara - congrats on bfeeding for so long. that's amazing so well done to u, mummy! Colby's nice and tall!

Scone- were u looking to get pregnant again? I thought I might have been too just this week as AF has been strangely late, but no go. Phew, I think!!

Ok, back to work!
    take care,
    sonia

Hi everyone,
    Just a little hello to touch base, and say WOW! at all the babies that are pulling themselves up, babbling mum-mum, and generally becoming very grown up! It happens so so quickly... People always say to us "treasure these times cause they pass so quickly", but you don't really take any notice of that til you realise suddenly that you have to baby-proof your house!

Milla is going really well. I'm a little sad to say she is definitely not a clingy "give me my mum" kind of girl. She is such a Little Miss Independent. She just wriggles out of our arms to get back on the floor... I know I should be happy about that, but sometimes I'd love for her to be still enough for a 2 minute cuddle! She has just started crawling... only took 3 'steps' yesterday, but she figured out how to move her knees forwards, so I guess by the end of today she'll be trying to get out the back door! She had been kind of shuffling backwards, and going from the crawling position to the sitting position all the time.

She has two bottom teeth, but I think the next ones are causing her a bit of grief at the moment - we've had some awful nights lately. The best she has ever slept so far is from 7pm til 5am. THat has happened ONCE, and otherwise I am feeding her most nights at 2 or 3am still.

We have been sticking to fruit and veg, and rice cereal, and oat cereal so far. Once she gets to 7 months I'll start her on some dairy (cottage cheese), and some meat, and maybe wheat too. Although we have no allergies, DH's dad has Crohns and lots of food issues, so I am erring on the side of caution. She eats quite a lot of vegies as finger food now though - will happily chew away on a stick of broccoli or a chunk of soft fruit. We haven't found a vegie that she wont eat - beans, broccoli, swede, squash - she'll eat anything! Bet that will change one day though

Better go and continue baby-proofing the house. Got things to move, like the rubbish bin... where am I going to put that?? She will be eating out of it the minute she discovers it in the corner of the kitchen!

Byeeeeee x

Well!
    Things are starting to happen now! My baby boy is growing up too fast! Slow down lil man! Yesterday he got 2 teeth! He didn't have any when I left him with Nana at 10 but somewhere between 10 and 230 his teeth came through. Would have been before 230, as he'd been asleep for an hour before I got there, but we wont get into symantics. I just couldn't stop trying to feel them! Can't see them yet, but they're there and thru the gum. Can't wait to buy a tiny toothbrush and tiny toothpaste. There wasn't much leading up to the teeth either. Tuesday he was really clingy after I picked him up from Grandmas (I had to work for 3hrs so she looked after him) but I assumed that was coz he doesn't really know her and he fell off the bed . He had a tiny bit of nappy rash, right between the cheeks and a lil bit of a runny nose. I just guessed he caught the cold all the other babies have had recently. Had a warm head yesterday morning, but not enough to worry about a fever. When I get home from work - hey presto! teeth!

This morning, waiting for us to come and get him, he was crying calling out mum mum-mum mumm. Too cute.

Someone asked if I was planning a 2nd baby.... We are, but not right now. I think we might wait a few more mths - just to enjoy the baby-ness of Jensen.

I had other things to write, and do some personals, but I'm at work and really can't get away with typing too much with out looking too suspicious.

BBL

Hi Everyone,

Happy Easter - hope you are all enjoying the long weekend.

sounds like everyone is doing sooo well, aren't we all lucky that our bubs are so healthy and happy!

Scone, I have been going through a chocolate craving and I actually got Aunt Flo for the first time, but only for a couple of days on 6th of March (day we arrived in Coffs Harbour for our holiday). I think maybe I am starting to ovulate again ... having some pimples and moodiness, but Ella has started feeding up to 4 times a night so a total of 6-8 feeds a day again so I am hoping I will be lucky and maybe miss a couple more months. We are still feeding between 2am and 4am every morning, but sometimes it is 8.30pm, 12.30am, 2.30am and 4.30am, then up with everyone around 6.30 - 7am. I was thinking it was teeth but still no teeth!!

I cannot believe your little man got his teeth so quickly - I can only hope ours is similar.

With playgroup - I just try not to think about where things have been before..they are going to pick up so many germs etc, just from crawling now. Ella is also exposed to DS who goes to daycare and no where is germ free. I think it is just all part of it for their immune systems to develop. I would just say try and wash their hands regularly (because they are in their mouth so much).

Also, the holding on cuddles - Ella does too. And it is very obvious when she wants to come to me, either crawling or putting her arms out. I adore it.

They must be getting to an age when they are aware of who are strangers and also more assertive about what they want... along with screaming when I am just swapping sides during a feed...it's as if I have taken it away and she hasn't taken herself off.

Kim - Hayden sounds gorgeous...enjoy it!

Campari - congrats on the crawling!!

Sara - well done with the birth - it must be so exciting see new babies. I admire you for it. Your DD is long - 10cm longer than Ella!!!

I know we are all saying how quickly they are growing up - but it is just terrible. Ella is pulling herself up and straightening her legs whenever she can find something that will help and finally saying Mumma (but not at me) and dada and buba.

I know this is about our babies, but I just want to share something my 3yo son did last weekend - DH and I raised our voices at each other (I know Dr Phil says not to do it in front of the kids) and DS told DH not to talk to 'my mummy' like that because 'she is my loveheart'. DH just said 'doesn't that make you feel special' to me and it did!

Sorry for not getting to everyone, I love reading what everyone is doing. Got to go - Ella is calling for a feed. Just quickly, don't forget to put the cot down, Ella was already standing up at it before we noticed...

Take care

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Mollygirl View Post
    Just quickly, don't forget to put the cot down, Ella was already standing up at it before we noticed...
    You know, I've been at DH all weekend to put that bed down, but, so far he's just been lazy (how unusual - but we wont go there), and this morning he comes in and says that he was standing up in his cot when he went to get him... Maybe it's time to pull his finger out and actually fix it.... (lol DH's in the other room mimicking me saying "dear bellybelly my husband is fat and lazy. He's on holidays and he wont get out of bed" in a sappy voice.)

Kim - Oh the playgroup thing? How very higenic (sp?) I'd try for a group with more kids Hayden's age. Something in common is better than nothing iykwim. Oh don't you just love baby kisses? Jensen's been giving them for a few wks now, 'cept he's got teeth and it's not longer an open mouth smooch as much as it is an open mouth smooch with a bit of a chew. We bought Jensen a chocolate bunny, and gave it to him, but it was only for show and to take some pics , and we're giving it to the friend of the friend's kids.

Rebecca - Hows your bub going? Sometimes I'd prefer to have the stationary Jensen back. Just put him on a mat and watch him play while I hang out the washing, that sort of thing. Now, the edge of the mat gets pulled closer and the grass is fair game. I bought some BabyLegs from one of the BellyBelly girls websites called The Nappy Bucket. They work really well, his knees are no longer splotchy from the itchy carpet. HTH

Molly - Don't wish away those 6wks, whatever you do! I'm back at work already (have been back at work 2days a week since the last week of November and don't want to be!) AF returned for me in Dec, just after I returned to work. We were still having the same amount of feeds (the few I missed were made up by pumping, but according to my body - just not the same thing.) Least she's regular and at the same intervals and dates as before pg. That was gorgeous what your son said.

Lisa - We've been giving Jens some pureed chicken. Loves that! I do need to start some meat, so let me know how you go.

Misty - Hope the Malaysia trip is going well!

Sara - Congrats on the Doula job!!! Was it interesting to see it from a different perspective?

Rhiannon - Re: Where are you going to put the rubbish bin? Yeah we have the same problem. We have a large shop vac and it seems to have a baby magnet in it, it's what he goes for the most when he's on that side of the lounge.

Well, in a previous post, I mentioned that we'd been to the health nurse on Wednesday. I mentioned that both my MIL and myself were worried that he wasn't gaining weight. We weighed him and in a month he'd actually lost 5grams. She told me not to worry. I have to go back in about a week and a half to have him weighed again to see how things are going. I also mentioned to her that we are having bf problems. It seems a few days before 7mths, Jensen's been having trouble feeding. He looks like he's sucking really hard and not getting much for his efforts. So we swap to the other side, and there's a little more reward, but not for long so we swap back (in the past this has seemed to help the let down on each side). This mainly seems to happen in the late afternoon and bed feeds. Night feeds are not a problem - drinks like a champ. I fed him at the nurse and she's said that maybe my milk has dropped off and he's not getting what he needs, which may also be why he still feeds so often thru the night. She's recommeded comp formula feeding at the last feed to fill his tummy. Seems to work no problem. Only now, I find that even during the day the milk supply is waning and occasionally I have to give him a bottle. I feel terrible that I have to give him a formula feed (and thats not being mean to the formula mothers) and I'm letting him down some how. Nurse has suggested some Blessed Thistle supplements that may help to boost my supply. Has anyone had any success with these?

Also, to those bf bubs with teeth, how do you stop the chomp?

We're off to a friend of a friend's place to pick up all his old baby stuff he no longers needs!! Woo hoo! Free stuff.

Have a great easter day!
    Last edited by sconeonamission; March 23rd, 2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: reply to kim - as she posted while I was posting!

Hope everyone had a lovely Easter.

We had to have an egg for Ella, because Myles went looking in Ella's room to see what the Easter Bunny had left for her. We didn't give Ella any chocolate though - don't you just love it when others choose what your baby eats!! My Mother was good,she asked if Ella had flour yet before giving her some of her scone.

I struggled through breakfast with my MIL, who asked how much our mortgage was now, and went on about how much it would cost for a funeral (she is 73). Other than that it was good.

I love the photos in yor tickers Kim and Rhianon. It puts a face to the names!!
    Wow, you two are thinking about baby no 2 - I couldn't imagine having them so close. My SIL has a 19mth old son, and he drives me crazy (doesn't listen and gets into everything) and I am actually dreading Ella getting to 18months but they tell me girls are different. Goodluck to both of you!!!

Rhianon, if you do try the thistle, can you let me know please. I think my milk is dwindling (I haven't had a day rest in weeks and am feeding 2 -4 times a night) and I think tiredness is contributing. DH is even saying to give Ella a cup of formula before bed, because she just doesn't seem to settle. I tried giving her a cup of it this morning with her vegemite toast but she wouldn't drink it. she prefers water. Thanks for the suggestions about the baby legs, I have been contemplating getting some but couldn't find a local website.

Campari - well done on baby proofing the house. In a way, try and enjoy Milla not being clingy - she is just so busy exploring now. Does she have cuddles at bedtime?

Talk later, little Miss is awake..

Hi all,

I don't get to post very often. But at least I can keep up.

Scone, I've seen those babylegs, and xavier does have leggins that he wears sometimes, but the carpet burn is because it's too hot to actually put anything on his legs. I'm sure it will reduce once it cools down and he wears pants all the time.

Molly, Xavier has been waking lots at night, and demanding food, I think it's got a little to do with him not getting enough food during the day.

gotta go, the boy is awake

Hey girls,

Sorry this is gonna be a me post, got lots to do

DH has a new job!!!! it is building frames for shopping centres and it is an hour away so we are looking to move closer to my parents coz it is near their house.

Em is crawling and is 8.5kg. I am so proud of her. she is wearing a cloth nappy for the first time coz i have decided to save some money.

Hi Girls!!

WOW its been quiet in here. I've been quiet but around.

Kim - Glad to hear the Hayden is doing well. Bit rude of your DH to do that behind your back! My MIL lives with us so if she is home while Brent is looking after the girls he normally palms them off to her!!! Lazy pr*ck!

Ali - Em is growing lovely now is'nt she! Great to hear!

Bec - How are you and Xav going hun??? You've been as quiet as me in here! Life is busy is'nt it!

Mollygirl - Glad your easter was ok. Equally good to hear your survived brekky with your MIL! Have you tried Fenugreek tabs for your breastmilk supply. I took 1 tablet and my milk flooded in!!! And your meant to take them 3 times a day! I would have had cannonballs on my chest had i have went with that!

Hi to everyone else! Sorry to cut it short....girls are fighting!!

I will try and keep up with you all now!!!

Take Care!

Hi Everyone

It is soo quiet in here! I don't know about you but I don't always get the e-mails of the posts.

Alioops - well done with the nappies, good on you. I think they are a great idea but just can't get myself organised. Congrats to DH for the job. I hope that it is good news that you are moving closer to your parents. Congrats for Emma's progress.

Sara, how are your studies and doula training going? Thanks for the suggestion on fenugreek tabs. I think we are ok at the moment but will keep an eye on it.

Kim - I think DH are just on a different wavelength to us and don't understand about MIL. It's funny because I find that most of the time DH's don't really know what is happening with the babies and everything is up to us, packing the car for a trip, knowing when the next nappy change is etc, but seem to be able to make quite big decisions like who is looking after them without discussing it with us first yet can't decide to change a nappy or what to feed them. My DH also doesn't understand why I don't want his mother doing his washing and ironing.... Good luck with the course, hope it goes well and Hayden behaves for his carer.

Scone, how is Jensen going with his weight? Ella has NO TEETH YET!! But as for chomping, with Myles, my Mum told me to pat him on the bottom and say no in a stern voice. He did it once and never again. Have to be careful not to react so they think it is a game. I was reading babylove the other day and remember it said to take them off the breast and not feed for a little while after they do it. don't know how practical that is.

Bec - what is Xavier having during the day? Are you back at work, could be he just wants comfort from you. Hope it has improved in the last week. let us know how you are going.

Ella is eating more food during the day now so is only waking twice at night which is a nice change. She is having three meals a day - cereal for breakfast, yoghurt for lunch and vegies for dinner.

Even though Ella is feeding less I am so tired, DH thinks it is because of daylight saving, but I just have this overwhelming feeling of fatigue, in my legs particularly and I haven't been exercising. Yesterday at 3pm I just couldn't keep my eyes open and had to have a nap, even though Ella was up. I just closed the safety gates to the kitchen and laundry and laid on the lounge. Lucky Myles was at daycare. I cannot leave those two alone, he is too rough with her and I would never forgive myself if something happened to my prescious girl. (I feel more bonded with Ella than I did with Myles but that might be because I thought I was going to lose her at 16 weeks when I lost almost half my amniotic fluid).

I have had a look at Flylady on the web, but now I feel like I am cleaning and washing everyday and don't relax. I am just going to put up with a messier, dirtier house and spend more time relaxing with the kids.

Sorry for the long post, needed to let some steam off.

Take care everyone.
    MG

Just popping in while at work.

Been MIA for a while now, sorry.

Molly, I know what u are describing and yeah you shld def. try and do with a dirtier house (although that sometimes stresses you more esp. if you can't handle mess!). Re. the fatigue feeling, I was like that a few weeks back and I figured I was low in iron so started on multivitamins, plenty of b12 because we're not big red meat eaters at my place and also fish oil. Both my colleague and I were like this (we're both mums with youngin's) so she started the same regime too. It's made SO MUCH difference in about a fortnight for both of us.

I'm walking to the train station which takes me 20 mins each morning instead of just walking around the corner to catch the bus. These small things have made a HUGE difference in getting rid of that lethargy. Bonus is I also have more energy for my DH at the end of the day. Oh and drink water, water and more water.

That's all from me for now. Back to work. Hope everyone is doing well.

sonia

Sonia - thanks for the advice - I really do think it could be iron and dehydration. Too busy cleaning to look after myself.

Will try what you said and see how I go, and let you know. Last night I took Elevit again, because it is in the cupboard and funny thing was that DH said it could be iron last night too.

I know a couple of you were losing weight - how are you going???

Hey everyone!
    Had to jump in and agree with Kim and Molly - My DH is the same - he is a great dad in that he plays with Milla, will walk her in the pouch if she's ratty in the afternoons, he'll read to her, sing to her... all that fun stuff which people see and would think "wow, he's such a good dad", BUT, he never would pack her nappy bag before we go out, he doesn't know what time her sleeps are (she is on a vague routine, and I try to make our outings fit around it if possible) - he is happy to feed her her dinner, but its me who has cooked everything, and learnt all about what foods she can eat at what stage! Someone once said to me that babies are always going to be a mothers mental responsibility, meaning that even if we go out for two hours, we are responsible for them in that time in that we are worrying whether they are feeding / sleeping / nappy changed, whereas dads can go out all day and never have to consider all that.

I go back to work two days a week in August, and there is a chance that DH will be working part time or working a bit from home, and he will look after Milla on those two days. I don't think he would ever be able to do as much as I can during the day.... I certainly dont keep the house spotless (far from it!), but I also seem to be cleaning up mess all day, and even doing the dishes is hard when you have a baby crawling around... I prepare loads of food for Milla that is in the freezer, and I do the groceries, and mostly I cook our dinner or at least prep everything so DH just has to turn on the stove or cook the meat on whatever... Bring on Mothers Day, and lots of spoiling for all of us I say!!!

Milla is crawling everywhere and is already pulling herself up on the couch and coffee table. We also have this great inflatable pool that we have inside (with no water).. she was always really happy to sit in it and play with her toys, but now she can climb in and out of it, so I have nowhere to leave her even when I go to the loo. I have to plonk her down on the bathroom floor while I pee, and hope that she doesn't escape too far, but I think its a good thing for toilet training down the track, as she loves to sit and watch me on the toilet, and she smiles so much!!! Sorry for TMI there!!

Still just the two teeth, but I think more wont be too far away as we have had some shocking nights recently. She has slept through a couple of times, but I know not to get my hopes up, as its never been twice in a row.

She's eating really well. We have just started on some chicken (mashed up with pumpkin and broccoli, she loved it!) , and also tried some cous cous, which she loved too. I was a bit worried about wheat, but now she's 7 months I guess its OK. I haven't given her bread yet, but she eats rusks til they are a soggy little stump in her hand.

I am still waiting for a return of AF. Is this normal, to go 7 months without it?? I know its all to do with breastfeeding and hormone levels etc... I dont want to completely stop BF for at least another year yet. I am not planning on TTC #2 til next year, but it would be nice to know that my body still worked! But I guess I shouldn't complain, its been nice not to have AF that's for sure!

Better stop typing before this turns in to a novel.

Rhi

Hey All!!

Molly - We had a choc bunny for Jensen, tho it was just for show. Might see if I can upload some photos into the bellybelly photo section... Well, we were thinking about #2, but I decided the other day that I want to wait til Jensen is almost 3, so we can enjoy the baby time with him. Friends of mine have just had their 2nd babies, and my sister is pg too, and I'm clucky - but remember the nightmare colic that Jensen had and it's just too recent. So, it's been put off til 2010 - dh says if I'm lucky. haha I did try the Blessed Thistle, and does seem to work. I haven't been taking it 3 times a day, like it says - only when I remember, but have been doing that for about a week and have only had to feed a bedtime formula feed once in that time. He still fights and fights, but he eventually gets what he needs.
    Telling Jensen no at biting me doesn't work He just looks at me with a blank expression then comes out with a huge grin. I hold back as long as I can but end up having look away as it's infectious! It doesn't happen often, so I'll try again

Kim and Molly - I discuss a lot of issues with my MIL, like finances. Then again, we rent their house! Things might change on that front, but they are having the same money troubles as us, so its not so bad, i guess. Is a bit rude when they just want to know for the sake of knowing tho.

Ali - CONGRATS on DH's job! Being closer to your parents will make it easier on you too (if you wanted - iykwim) Woo hoo on the Cloth Nappies! They're great, aren't they? The downsides are the dirty ones, but I actually enjoy him wearing them (too cute!), cleaning and hanging them on my clothes line. Are you using the fitted type ones or just the terry squares?

Kim - How did the shopping go? OMG about your DH. Maybe organise something with your parents first ? As soon as we plan something it goes on the calendar on the fridge, as my DH seems to always be in there! When I read your post the other night re: wriggly wire... I had no idea what you were on about. When I re-read it then, it make perfect sense! I haven't shown Jensen one of those yet, coz he doesn't sit still long enough anymore. Re: dh's "no-one told me". Makes you wonder who he thinks told you! DH's excuse to me is you're better at this stuff than I am.... as if I've have x amount of kids and am totally experienced and in control. pfff. Have just as much an idea as he does sometimes.

Sara - I thought my dh would palm Jensen off to his mother, but he does well enough, although when push comes to shove, he'll put a 'sposie on instead of a clothie. Where do you get the Fenugreek tablets? I looked everywhere and all I could get was Fenugreek Tea. It sorta did/sorta didn't work - really a waste of time.

Sonia - My house is constantly messy. There's just far too much mess to be picking up every night. I hate mess and couldn't deal with mess and a newborn (all those months ago!) and was doing all myself. I finally burnt out and decided that i should enjoy time with Jens while I can. Ppl understand what having a child is like, so I'm not too fussed. The place isn't overly messy, but enough to notice. hth. Congrats on the walking. I have to get out!

Wow, this is huge already, so I'll be quick. On Wednesday, he'd put on a nice 435g in a fortnight, so we're all v pleased. So Jensen is 7520g, 67cm and slowly making his way into '0' sized clothing. He is into EVERYTHING atm, but the things that seem to be the most interesting are the ones in behind doors(ie: the tv unit doors that you can't see thru - he worked out how to open them) and anything thats on a table. Toys on the floor are yesterdays news. Prefers to be at the safety gate, pulling himself forward and backwards, calling out down the hallway to no-body. He pulls himself up on things and just in the last week, has started letting go while standing up. Hasn't quite worked out moving from furniture to furniture, but can move along the one he's standing at. Health nurse seems to think he'll be walking by 8mth, mil agrees. However thats only 2wks away and if he's going to walk early, imo it will be before 9mths, not 8. Does anyone have any tips on getting him to self settle at home? At MIL, put him in his portacot when he's tired enough and he does it himself...

Work is giving me the stuff around atm. It's not something that I should talk about in this thread, so I'll post it somewhere else... look out for it!

Dh's Nan passed away this morning so this has taken my mind off that sorta thing for now. Thank you for listening. Hope all is well.
    Ren and Jens
    Last edited by sconeonamission; April 4th, 2008 at 02:44 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast