Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born August 2007 #6

Hi All,

just a quick update on the pregnancy. Had an ob appt today where he did a scan but still couldn't see anything and was unusual at 6.5-7w preg. He said something was wrong and told me that i had a 99% chance that i miscarried. No bubs. I have been booked in for a D&C as well as getting my tubes tied tomorrow afternoon. I cried at the clinic but am now able to think logically as i was told that miscarriages before 12w is due to a serious deformation with the embryo. I am lucky that i never got to see bubs on both scans which i had as the grieving process would have been harder i think. Also, i'm glad that it terminated at such an early stage as losing it later on would have been harder and i don't think i could have looked after a disabled child. Those that look after disabled children are one of God's Angel. I am still very emotional as i was really attached and i had even named it little Zara. Never experiencing a miscarriage before it is really tough to deal with.

That's it for now. See you guys soon and take care!

I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through TD, my thoughts are with you. I'm sorry I don't know what to say other than, be kind to yourself and look after yourself. I know it is hard when you are getting up through the night, Eleanor is still waking up 2-3 times a night and I don't get to rest during the day which makes me more emotional anyway.

Sending you big hugs and

Since Ella is still asleep I thought I would post a bit more.

Kim - goodluck with FET next week - fingers crossed.

Campari - don't you love those hectic days but it's also fun too. Just takes a little bit to get back to routine.

I can't believe their first birthday is just around the corner - Ella was 10mths old yesterday. My last baby won't be a baby much longer.

I just hope she survives her brother falling on her and pulling her up. He is 20kg so quite a weight and this morning he rolled off the lounge onto her. I wish i could tell if she had a headache.

Myles has had his first antibiotics in 3.5 years last week - for an anal fissure that got infected would you believe! He eats too much cheese and doesn't drink enough water/juice so he gets a bit constipated. I think he is a hearty boy and I like to think the breastfeeding to 10mths gave him a good start.

Wonder when Ella will wean? She doesn't like formula in a cup, so I have started her on cows milk. She seems to really love bf - but then so did Myles and he just stopped one day so she could too, although Myles was drinking formula from a cup at that age.

Take care everyone - especially Sehra.

Aw Sehra, that's really sad. I'm so sorry. Now that we have babies, a miscarriage means so much. I haven't had one myself, but can only begin to imagine how heartbreaking it is to know you've lost a litte one. Take care of yourself and I hope you have lots of support from your DH and family.

Oh condolences Sehra...

Ali - Oh, hope you come to Bris! Like Kim said be great to meet you! Maybe all us Brissie (ipswich included!) girls could meet up! Love to meet Rhiannon and Milla as well.

Kim - Fingers crossed for your FET!

Rhi (and Kim) - I've found that if I go out at any time during the day, how long he sleeps for and how many sleeps he has changes dramatically! Mothers group normally ends with him napping on the way home and sleeping for an hour and a half instead of 2 sleeps of 2 hrs each.

Jensen still gets the 5 o'clock grizzlies but am managing them better now. Went in to have a chat with my boss on Tuesday to discuss coming back to work. I'd tell you more, but there's so much.... I'm going to start a thread about it, so hopefully I'll get a bit cleared up and some opinions about the situations....

Today, Jensen tried to crawl down the stairs, head first, and smacked his face into the step. Scream!! There was snot, tears and blood everywhere! All over my new top and his pajamas (only about 15mins up). Oh I felt so terrible. There was SOOOO much blood. OMG. At one stage I thought he'd loosened a tooth. I think its alright tho... He was just a lil emotional today. He has 6 teeth now, and nearly lost one.

We're trying to teach Jensen how to go down things backwards (so things like today don't happen). This evening, he did just that. He slid down off the couch! I was so surprised! He'd never shown that he had any idea thats how things might work. Normally if we turn him round, that he'll just got forward again.

Also, our friend who has a 3wk old baby girl was round today. (wow a 3wk old - that seems so long ago!) I held her and Jensen just flipped out! He wanted me and me only and just cried until I picked him up and held them both. He stopped and touched his pointed finger to her. Oh so sweet. Makes me wonder how he'd be if we had a second.

BEtter go, being anti-social (even at this hour) and have a thread to start.

Have a great long weekend!

Good morning ladies,

Thanks for all the well wishes. Had the D&C but they could not schedule in my tubes to be tied as they had too many emergencies on the day. I took it as a sign from God (he must want me to have more kids!) and did not pressure them into rescheduling the tubes tieing for another day for it, so all i had done was the D&C and an IUD inserted.
    I feel much better and have accepted the fact that i have lost this little one and am moving on. The obs told on the day of the D&C that i had lost the bub very early on in the pregnancy, so it may not have even developed at all and they did not expect to find anything in the sac. Knowing this has helped me.
    My eyes well up avery now and then but then think logically that it just wasn't meant to be. DH and i are planning to TTC probably in mid to end 2009 for a third. My have better luck then!

Poor Jensen. it must have caused such a scare. My mum has stairs at her place and we get the barrier up each time we go over as falls like that are split moment occurences. Does he go up the stairs now? It must have scared him for a little while to even go near them. Hope he feels better. Ela heads straight to the stairs at mum and we occasionally let her go up the stairs with one of us behind her. She loves climbing them. Good idea in teaching to climb down backwards, but very intelligent of him to do it by himself!

Re: the cows milk. Will you wait 12 months before weaning to cows milk? I give Ela some cows milk with her weetbix in the mornings and she seems fine, no allergic reaction. I started Devrim in cows milk at around 11 months, so i think i'll do the same with Ela.

Take care all.

Hi all,

It's been a while, I think i'm averaging about once a month.

Kim, ouch on being bitten. When xavier is hungry he will crawl up to any of us, pull him self up and go to town slobering all over the boob area, even on daddy.
    How long do you have to wait after having rubella booster to conceive. I'm thinking I should get my levels checked again before we want to TTC the next bub.

Campari, ouch, I don't think xavier has bitten me that hard, but I hear you on the being scared. I refused to feed him one afternoon and made him wait while I expressed. He hasn't bitten me for a while now, but i do get some grinding.

Xavier has 4 teeth now, but he has some bad habits because he has been so sick and sleepless for so long, he likes to feed 10-11pm and then again anywhere between 3-5am. I don't mind any feeding prior to midnight, but am really trying to break extend the second feed later and later.

Ali, you really have a little battler there huh? We haven't had pnumonia here but I have found out that it's just not fair for little people to get sick.

Scone, I think Xavier has had a cold since about december last year. A couple of bad ones in there, we just finished our second batch of antibiotics. He was diagnosed with croup a few weeks ago, poor little might sounded like a seal at night. He had a dose of steroids, and has been much better since. Haven't needed to go back to the doctor about it. Hopefully the last lot of antibiotcs has worked it's magic and we might get a re-prieve.
    OOO we have tanty's in the middle of the night, perhaps I should plug a heater in.

I saw you were talking about ebm and child care and what is best??? we are now 5 months having ebm at creche. Xavier is now on 2 feeds per day, of anywhere from 100-180ml per feed. (usually less) because of his age now and the amount of foods he eats I'm not too worried about how much I provide because he won't go hungry but I aim for about 150ml per feed. It is important to ensure that the creche heats your milk properly. The ladies in Xavier's room are very concious of not wasting any of the liquid gold, so that is really good. being ebm everything needs to be washed well but not sterilized so it's a little less prep work in that regard. But there is another side to it. It can feel akward expressing at work sometimes. My biggest struggle is finding time when i'm really busy. I aim to express around the times that xavier feeds so that weekend are not effected. At my work i need to find an empty office to use each day and it is getting harder. I struggle sometimes a find myself thinking i wish I didn't have to do it or that he would be ready to drop another feed. I have also found that when I got sick my supply plumeted and I'm having to work really hard to get it back. I even bought formula for a couple of comp feeds.
    Not sure if that infor has helped with your decisions but I don't come on here very often so thought I'd give as much info asa possible.

Keeping a bub still on change table, toys toys toys, and if your toy has to be the wipes packet (supervised of course) then so be it. Xavier is very well behaved on change table. On the floor he is off like a light!!

Sehra, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Take care.

Where are we at. We have 4 teeth, there are more in there somewhere but no where near the surface. xave pulls himself on furniture but hasn't worked out the moving along it yet. We have on of those fisher price doorways and he stands up against it and shakes it, little roughian. He is such a little boy and has started sooking at creche now, not when mummy goes to work, no no probs with that. My boy sooks when the bigger kids get to go outside and he doesn't because it's too cold, picture little bub standing at a glass door smaking it with hand because he too wants to go out to play.

I'm not sure to do with weaning. I have some formula because my supply droped so much when I got sick, but am not that keen on using it. I thought you were supposed to wait until around 12 months to give cows milk to drink so was planning to wait until after his first birthday. Xave seems very fond of booby and I can't see him giving up in the near future, but at the very least I would like him to switch is day toime feeds to cows milk and keep his first and last feeds for a little while.

Well best be off, I've used up about as much me time as i'm allowed these days

everyone take care

Bec

Hi

Just thought I would pop in quickly. I am working 3 days per week now so not checking in as much and Ella is still not drinking any formula from a cup, only water.

Bec, I think you are fantastic expressing at work, and you have done such a great job for your bub. I know how hard it seems (see my current thoughts below) but just think, it is only a couple more months that you might be breastfeeding for, and in the scheme of things it is such a short period of time. I'm giving Ella cows milk because she won't drink formula at all, and started turning away her breakfast cereal. Robin Barker in Babylove does say that she can't find out any difference between a nine month old and 12 month old regarding drinking cows milk, so if it seems right for you, go with it. Just watch Xavier doesn't get constipated, which Ella does a bit, but I put a little brown (not raw) sugar on her weetbix and it seems to help quite a bit. I just don't see the point of spending money on formula when milk is not the main source of food. (Also goodluck TTC).

DS weaned totally out of the blue at about 10.5 months and he seemed like he would never give it up but just stopped one afternoon and never went back on. So, I try and cherish every feed now, and keep telling DH we need a photo of Ella breastfeeding, I can't believe I don't have one!! I only have one of DS at 2 months, but at least it is one.

I am breastfeeding when I get home from work at 5pm, again before bed, about 6.30pm, then usually 10pm and 2am and then when she wakes at 6am.
    On the four days a week I am at home I feed her at 12noon, but when I go to work I don't express and my body seems to cope. I do have quite a lot of milk by 5pm but I think being tired from working and breastfeeding has helped reduce my supply a bit so it isn't too bad.

I haven't got mastitis yet - touch wood. And Ella just has cows milk on her breakfast cereal and yoghurt with lunch when I'm not home plus custard too. My MIL got her to drink a small amount of cows milk the other day so that was a bit of a step forward.

The community nurse said Ella probably didn't like formula because it had a metallic taste, but I think Ella just wants breastmilk. The nurse doesn't seem worried even though Ella hasn't put on any weight in 2 months (just under 9.5kg now, 76cm tall) because she is so active, and is standing up for a few seconds by herself. She said she won't let herself starve and will wake for more feeds if she needs them.

I know I should express, but I don't think I could cope. Ever since I started at work I have been unwell, with a cough or sinus infection and I think I am just happy to keep going how I am going for the moment.

I have noticed that Ella is feeding less as we give her more to eat, like vegemite sandwiches and she reaches for food we are eating so tried a spring roll yesterday and coped with one of Myles' nuggets one day too.

Finally, we are getting two top teeth, slowly but surely which will help with eating too.

Anyway, I am reading the other posts, but not all come through to my e-mail so I've missed a couple of posts. (Sorry for my long post).

Wishing everyone a great week ahead enjoying their babies...we are planning Ella's first birthday at Clown Town at Rosehill, so they aren't going to be babies for much longer.

Cheers,
    MG

Kim, I just saw the good news in your ticker when I posted my reply.

Congratulations!!!!!!

Time for a new thread everyone. Here you go

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast