Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #10

Hey Meg! How cute on Coco holding her own cup! Our weather is hot hot hot and sunny sunny sunny! Too hot to stay out long! Abby has one of those high chairs that convert into a booster!

Thanks Sarajo,! I checked it out, looks good. They sell it at Babies Galore so I'll go there and check out the rang of seats and highchairs and see what suits. I love that it folds up!! Very neat, and it lasts till their older and is cheaper than most highchairs!!
    Going to attempt a trip to the supermarket now. We have a new woollies up the road, I love it (big supermarket chain sarajo) ! Just need a couple of things, like lunch!!! Im starving. Hoping coco doesn't get wet in the rain, but I think she needs some fresh air.. xo

Meg, nope, the weather is all sunny hear although the mornings are very crisp to say the least! (No chance of Bec getting out of bed when DH gets up to go to work! hehe)

Sara, you might find the mods take down that link. Not sure if it's the same since we've changed hosts; but I think the forum rules used to prevent people from linking to product websites. I could be wrong though hon, just thought I'd let you know.

*goes back to playing receptionist for John's phone calls from recruitment agencies* He's been applying for jobs, so the recruiters usually call back the next day. He applied for about 12 last night so I figure I'm gonna be busy!

Hello everyone

Thankyou to all of you regarding the comments on Jasmine sitting up and just in general!

Ive just come back from the dentist... AGAIN...I cant believe how pregnancy affected my teeth! 6 months later Im still fixing it all up. The entire left side of my face is numb!

Happy 6 months Logan!
    WTG Logan on your halfway there birthday! How exciting Melly! I have an email coming your way too!

Dani I emailed Sarajo the video of Jasmine, I noticed you had a hotmail address so I didnt send it incase I took up all of your space. So if you would like to see it I will happily send it over to you, I just thought I better ask those of you with yahoo+hotmail addresses first!

Beck How exciting! YAY for Maddys first solids. Wont be long now and she will be having them everyday! Very exciting! Id be very happy for you to send me videos anytime of Maddy!

Meg I have a high-low fold away high chair. I dont know the exact make of it, but Steelcraft is the brand. Its sooooo excellent. It reclines to 3 different angles, has 3 different heights to put the chair at. Has brakes and wheels and the best thing about the chair I have is that it has this little padded insert that makes the chair "smaller" for Jasmine while she is little, but it can be taken out when she is bigger. Also the tray thing has 3 different settings too. I think it only cost $199. I wish I could remember the name of it. I might look for the receipt But it comes in 3 different colours, a black, a khaki and a cherry red. Babyco has a sale on now too. I managed to actually drive past it, instead of going inside and noticed its up to 25% off if there is one near you!

Tiggy Im so sorry to hear of the gastro bug! All of my thoughts and well wishes are with you and your family right now. Omg how awful! I must say though that I have been checking out the gorgeous Ivy and Noahs website and Im so in love with the bubs in character pics you had done. I just cant wait. Theyre adorable. Your whole family is!

Sarajo you should have mail from me by the end of the day !!

Everyone else Im sorry I havent managed to catch up properly but my face is beginning to "thaw" lol and the pain is coming so I must be off but hopefully back later!

Take Care Hope all of your beautiful babies are well

Happy 6 months to my precious Logan!

Thank you everyone for your words of wisdom. We spent some time together on the weekend and everything seems ok so far. I have just set up a lot of boundries and I will have to call it quits if I'm just not happy.

I haven't caught up on everything, will have to come back later. Went to the optometrist today and I have a headache.

HAPPY 6 MONTHS LOGAN!!!
    Hi all,
    have had a very bad day. Owen has been super crabby all day and is starting to refuse breast feeds and will scull bottles..i think breastfeeding is coming to an end here..
    gotta go cook dinner.
    talk tomorrow.
    xx

Oh Christie, I hope your little guy starts cooperating for you!

Kate havent gotten any email yet...Im so excited!

woops Beck you were right about the link! I'm so bad!

Meg yay at Coco sitting pretty too! Our babies are getting sooo big!

Tiggy how are the twins? I hope still healthy~!

Melly sounds like you know what you are doing! Hope your headache goes away soon!

Dani how exciting for your friend...and you!

Today they have baby storytime at our library, and it may be the last time I can drive there, so we are going. Hopefully, Don will be able to get a ride to work on Mondays so we can go every time!

Last night Abby scooted and rolled and scooted and rolled until she was under the table! I just watched and laughed! It was a good 5' away! I am really going to have to keep a close eye on her now!!!

Have a GREAT day all!

Good morning all!! Hope you all had a good sleep. coco slept ok considering, but was awake at 3am and then 4am, coughing so much. i feel that I have caught it today, with sore throat, cough etc, but not too bad (hoping flu shot keeps it from getting worse). I have a really bad back though, so not good.
    Oh, by the way, we had a call last night and someone has put in an offer on our unit!!!!!!!!! So won't be excited until signed on dotted line, but it's hopeful! I so want to move!!
    will be back later to tell you if there's any news.
    FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!!!!!!!!xo

OMG....YAYYYY Meg! *crosses fingers and toes hard* That is such good news...I hope that they make an offer that is acceptable for you and your family!

Better run, we're off to the ice skating today as they do two sessions a week and Mum has an appointment on Thursday. Can't wait until I can drive myself & Maddy there!

Be back later.....

Morning Ladies,
    Hope you and your babies are all well, or getting well.
    I picked up my high chair from my MIL as we live in a shoebox and have nowhere to put it. As it is you can't open the oven as the highchair is blocking it, We are going to move soon. When Jett is crawling he won't get a foot without banging into something.
    Meg – I will cross everything on my body for you…. I hope it all goes well. Sorry to hear about you and Coco being sick. I got the email about the routine but the download was just numbers and letters. Not sure what happened??
    Sarajo – I think I am more excited than ebony. I said to her does it feel real now that you have seen the baby, and she said no… I think it will feel real for her when so has a big belly and starts to feel movement. Seeing she is only a size 6-8 (tiny) that will take ages.
    Go Abby, I can see you baby proofing your place in the near future.
    Christie – Lets hop that Owen gets his taste buds back. I stopped feeding Jett at three weeks, I really miss it but I really had no idea what I was doing and I wasn’t coping at all at the start with by a mum. It is all training for the next one hey!!!
    Kate – Yep, I would love to see Jasmine’s video, my address is [email protected]
    Tiggy - I am still thinking of you and yor family, and hoping that you are all getting better quickly .
    Anyway betta go and do some housewife stuff
    Take care all

YAY Meg!!!Thats great news on the unit!!Good luck..can't wait to hear more news!!Hope you and Coco get better soon too

Sara, i can't believe Abby is mobile..eek!!!how scary!!now it all starts huh!?!

Beck, iceskating sounds like so much fun!!how are the driving lessons going??i bet you'll have your licence in no time!!how exciting!!

Mel, hope you feel better. My DH always has a nasty headache when he's been at the optometrist..yuk!!Sounds promising with DP..hope all is still going along smoothly!!

Tiggy, i hope you and the twins haven't gotten that nasty gastro bug!!

Well Owen is in a much better mood today and slept through again..he even had an hr and a half nap this morning..you just never know what you're gonna get!!!but yesterday was def the worst day we've had in ages..also he hasn't refused a breast feed so far today(touch wood)so we'll see how that goes..have been pretty disappointed the last few days with the breastfeeding situation since we've never had a problem since birth with it and then all of a sudden he was throwing massive tantrums when i tried to breastfeed him..but give him a bottle and he was downing 250ml in less than 10 min!!i didn't realise how much i loved breastfeeding and our relationship with it!!i know the r/ship doesn't change if you bottle feed, but i just feel a bit sad to be losing that facet of it as well as the time we share.i know this probably sounds silly, but i ddin't expect it and it surprised me that i even had feelings like that..
    anyway, i hope you all have a great day
    xx

Christie, Im glad things are going a bit better with Owen today. We've been through the breastfeeding refusal stage also. Not so much refusal, but just does not want to feed but rather do other things, however with bottle she is happier, maybe because she can see what's going on. Persevere for a while, I have found that since starting solids 3 times a day and only breastfeeding three times a day (plus night feed) she is taking alot more than ever. I too love bf, it's a lovely time with bub. I was thinking of weaning at one stage, but have decided I'll keep going for as long as poss.
    We've been given an offer, so now we're just waiting for the signature and all that stuff (I am new to all this). I've been searching the net for houses, and this will be our next big challenge, finding something that we like. As we can't afford alot, it's not the best houses that we're looking at, and it's always quite depressing when you see something you like only to turn up and it's the size of a matchbox or on the busiest part of the highway!!! Anwyay, if we sell I don't care, I'll be so happy I'll even live with teh inlaws for a while!!
    The real estate agent rang and said the buyers are keen, so she's ringing the lawyer now. All very nervewracking!! Im going to go and have a look at a place we saw on teh net last night. It's raining here, but I'll just bundle coco into the car and drive past. I'll make sure she's got all her winter woollies on.
    Beck, still havent' made it to the Doc's, booked yesterday but she slept through appointment (she had 2x2hr sleeps yesterday). If she's not improved by tomorrow I'll take her (I just have no motivation inthis awful weather). I also have to go to Doc's myself (which Im DREADING) because Im still a member of mums with sore bums! I tell you, Im putting that off!
    Love Maddy's new ticker pic, so gorgeous!!
    i have totally crapped on and apologise
    xoxox

*holds her breath* Ok, please send positive vibes in our direction. Just checked John's email for him and he has an interview with an internationally reknowned law firm for an IT position on Friday.

Better run and finish my lunch while Maddy is asleep in her carseat. *LOL* She looks quite the picture still strapped into her carseat sitting on the carpet in the loungeroom.

Also have a builder coming around this afternoon to quote on the conversion of the garage at 4pm.

Hope you're all going well. Maddy wasn't impressed by the rice cereal with apple puree in it. Perhaps I didnt put in enough but she seemed a bit constipated yesterday on the plain rice cereal.

Oh cruddies, just noticed the birthdays at the bottom of the forum....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE!!!!!!!! Hope you have a fabulous day babe and get totally spoilt rotten! hehe
    Last edited by Beckibee; June 6th, 2006 at 03:53 PM.

Thankyou Beck!! Love the new ticker! I have my fingers crossed for Johnathon. I hope it works out for him. Well done with the driving lessons. How exciting! We will probably never see you on here cos you will be zooming around everywhere when you get your licence lol!

Meg I hope the sale of the unit goes quickly and smoothly and you find the perfect place asap!

Christie sorry to hear that Owen is being fussy with the bf. I understand that would be sad to say goodbye to, especially something with Owen that only you can do (if that makes sense) Like its your time... YKWIM! Fingers crossed its just a growth spurt or something and he will take to the breast again soon for you!

Sarajo and Melly Im almost finished the mail for both of you, but my flipping teeth are killing me from yesterday, I think its from holding my mouth open for so long...so I kind of just sat around feeling sorry for myself instead of doing something that I should have been! Sorry, on the way I promise!

Dani Im excited to send you the videos! I will send you some tonight. Hope your inbox is empty LOL!!

Tiggy I hope your family is over the gastro bug, and thankyou for the birthday wishes also!

Ok so today is/was my birthday and I was all sad as usual because another year older, next year Im 30 and I just was looking at Jasmine this morning and I said "give me something, give mummy something new for her birthday" and she grabbed my face and licked my nose PMSL then grabbed hold of my hair and took a handful out!!!!!! ouch omg So thats the best present I got today lol! Other than that I just went to go and get my licence renewed, fun (not) and since I feel like crap from my teeth I have hardly done anything at all. Im even thinking of just not showing up at my birthday dinner tonight... I couldnt be bothered. Maybe its this weather, but I would rather hop in my pjs and stay home!! Or maybe Im just old .... LOL

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How Old do I feel? I'll be 33 in september!!! You are not old and you have ababy to show for it to!!! Hope your day/night improves and you enjoy your dinner.
    The weather is stay at home in pj's weather though, you're right.
    I ventured out to look at our dream home and it was SOLD...NOT FAIR>...It's so upsetting when that happens. It was a townhouse in the suburb of our first preference which we never expected we'd ever afford anything there (ok,, may have found the place had something major wrong with it) but it's really depressing, and there is just nothing out there for the measly amount we have. Suppose I'd better let the unit sell before I start worrying!!
    Kate, hope your teeth feel better soon. i will join you in misery, my throat has been sore all day. My girl is just one big ball of snot, hoping it clears up soon (sorry bout that )!!
    gotta give her a top up now and get her to bed.
    talk tomorrow and hoep everyone sleeps well.
    And fingers crossed big time for Jonathon's job!! xoxoxoxoox

Hi Ladies,
    Haven't been on mauch as I have been walking every day.
    Had appointment to check on my war wound(appendix), all is great.
    Kate - Happy Birthday, don't worry about how you feel I think it is the weather and that we are mother's at that is the hardest job in the world..
    Hope everyone else is good.
    Anyway Betta get going and wake Jett up.
    I am off to my Mum's for dinner (I am late) and All Saints, it is our tuesday routine..

Hey ladies

The builder was nice, was recommended by a friend of my parents-in-law from church. He was very approachable and chatty. Will be interesting to see where his quote comes in relation to the others who have quoted.

Maddy is currently sitting in her pram knawing on dummy (she likes it now to chew on) after having an hour long nap. Will probably be a long night but at least she's not crying again like she was earlier. We had to eat our dinner in shifts. *L* I made that frittata again (*L* we LOVE the recipe, except this time I did ham & spinach), carrots & brussell sprouts and a homemade potato bake which I did from scratch! hehe

Meg - I am so excited for you about what looks to be selling your unit! I hope that you & Tim can find a place that makes you a lot happier than your current place. Are you looking for a 3-bedroom unit/townhouse basically?

Dani - Glad to hear that your check up at the doctors went great. Doesn't sound like having your appendix out slowed you down at all! Hope that you enjoy dinner at your Mum's place & All Saints! hehe Good on you for all of that walking...have to admit I haven't fit in much exercise at all lately. Been almost a week since I've been able to fit in the exercise bike.

Kate - Sorry to hear that you're not enjoying your birthday very much...hope that the day has gotten progressively better! So cute the 'gift' that Jasmine gave you for your birthday! hehe Oh, and you're not THAT old babe, you're heading towards a woman's prime age!

Tiggy - How are the family going? I read that only you & one of your boys have managed to avoid the nasty gastro bug! Are the twins doing ok tonight...they've had it for 24hours now haven't they? Hope you manage to avoid taking them to the hospital. You deserive a holiday!

Christie - Sorry to hear about your feeding troubles with Owen! I hope that it was a once off 'cranky pants' mood-day rather than the beginning of a pattern for you. He is such a little cutie!

Better fly...thinking of all of you other ladies...Melly, Leanne, Sara, Wonderwoman, Jillian.....

tiggy Guest

Hi Bec,
    Ivy and Noah are on the tail end of the Gastro (pardon the pun). Ivy has been very slow to drink but at least she is drinking now. Noah is pretty much back to normal, aside from his very red, sore bum. That's ok, I can fix that!
    All the kids are just so much better and Dave too. Yay, I will have some quiet time tomorrow, just with the babies and then on Thursday we have to have our 6 month needles It seems my babies are forever being stuck, don't they have to have three this time????
    They are also having needles to try to prevent them getting RSV (bronchiolitis), that was last week.

Maddy sounds like such a little personality!
    Hope you get a good quote.
    LOL at you saying you are not excercising much! What do you think all that iceskating is???? The most excercise I get at the moment is walking around the house, rocking one baby or another!

Meg, don't say 33 is old because I'm 34 this year, I must be ancient!Sorry to hear that your dreamhouse was gone. I believe that the right one will come up for you though. Hope Coco is better soon.

Christie, glad Owen had a better day. Ivy went through the whole breast refusal thing and I got really sick of it and about feeling so distressed so I weaned her. I feel sorry that I did it almost everyday but what will be will be.

Kate, sorry your day was sad. Jasmines 'gift' sounds sweet. Hope your night was better.

Dani! Hope you and your Mum had a good night.

I am having a bit of a scrap - a- thon tonight. I love it, it takes my mind off things when I am having stress overload.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast