Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born December 2005 #10

Happy Birthday Kate! I'm sorry you're not feeling too good, but the gift from Jasmine sounded cute, if a little painful @ the hair pulling! I LOVE your avatar btw. Don't worry about the email, you'll get it done when you can. I would love to see the video, but I'm on dialup and not that patient when it comes to downloading things, but hopefully one day I will get to see it.

Christie, sorry to hear about the breastfeeding problems. Maybe it's just a phase or something. I'm glad he was in a better mood today.

Beck, I will have my fingers crossed for John on Friday. Wow you're doing so many things, I feel so lazy. I wish I had the guts to get my license, I'm too nervous to drive atm LOL

Meg, Yay on the offer on the unit. Too bad about the place you wanted but hopefully something just as good will come along.

Tiggy, Glad to hear everyone is beginning to feel better in your house.

Dani, The giraffe doesn't have a brand. On ebay it's called a baby giraffe music box monitor.

I got the giraffe thingie yesterday. Logan loves it, he just lies there mesmerised by it. It also has a light that flashes on & off, and the music gets slower & quieter as it goes on.. It was making me & mum sleepy this morning. The only problem was I have attached it to the cot & whenever the cot gets bumped it goes off again and it isn't the most quiet thing to begin with. Although Logan doesn't get woken by it which is good. But I am just glad that Logan is sleeping so well. Even when he did wake a couple of times last night he just seemed to be babbling to the giraffe and then went back to sleep after a while.

Yay for scrapbooking Tiff! *LOL* @ the pun...hehehe

I keep forgetting the needles/immunisations are different in each state. For her 8 week & 16 week injections; Maddy got jabbed with three needles...same as the 6 month & 12 month ones will be.

Has it been combined into 2 in NSW for the first two immunisations?

Melly - Love the sound of that giraffe! So cute to hear that Logan wakes up at night to have a natter with his giraffe before drifting off to sleep again.

Ok, well off to bed with me. It's almost 11pm and Maddy is actually in bed. I should take advantage of that!

Morning guys.
    We are due for immunisation tomorrow, and we have had two needles for the first two, I thought the third would be the same. At this point Im not sure whether coco will be able to get it tomorow, she's not improving. Off to the Doc's today. (should have gone earlier). Thing is she hasn't had a temp and seems happy, but I have now picked up the cough and she coughed all night, I had the worst sleep. Still she didn't really wake properly until 4am (just coughed in her sleep poor little bub).
    Tiggy, so glad everyone is improving. I feel gross stuck in this tiny unit with illness, liek you I can't wait for a healthy house when I can relax! Good to hear Noah and Ivy are improving, the poor little bubba's.
    Will do personals later, better go and book Dr appointment xoxo

Morning Ladies,
    Today is not a day that I am looking forward too, Injections!!!
    I think this round he gets two. He has been pretty good with the last ones so we will see how we go.
    Christie - Happy 6th Month Birthday Owen
    Meg - No good to hear about you and Coco, hope you get better soon. Bummer about the house.
    Anyway betta go and ge organised.

Hi Everyone,

I can't believe that my big boy is 6 months old today!!!The time has flown and he just seems so grown up!!He has slept thru the last 2 nights now..i had to wake him up this morn so we could drive DH to work so we could have the car today(god forbid he catch public transport!!)we have got our last clinic today its a home safety talk..i will miss going since there's some girls there that don't come to our weekly mothers group outing..also its a definite reason why i need the car so i won't have that anymore either. Oh well..just means they're growing up..scary!!

Anyway i have to go and get organised while Owens sleeping, we have to be there in an hour and i'm still in trackies from this morn..

talk later
    xx

HAPPY 6 MONTHS OWEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow these bubba's are just growing so fast. Can you all remember our chats when we were preggas!!! This time last year I was at my new job eating constantly to stop the morning sickness. (mainly curried egg rolls, MAJOR cravings)!! I had to take a huge green shopping bag worth of food to stop feeling sick!! Seems like a lifetime ago in one way, but yesterday in another. Also remembering my aqua aerobics!! Classic!! oxox

tiggy Guest

HAPPY Halfway OWEN!!!!

HAPPY 6TH MONTH BIRTHDAY OWEN!!!!!!

Sorry to all the little bubbas who are going for their injections/immunisations in the next few days. I'll have to book Maddy's immunisations at the child health clinic in about two weeks.

Hope everyone had a good night's sleep...mine was pretty interrupted but at least when Maddy lay in the bed beside me at 6:30am, she let me sleep til almost 9:30am! She just lay there staring at her hands and cooing at me. What a sweetheart! hehe

Ok, she has rejected apples mixed in with rice cereal! *LOL* You should have seen her face, she spat out most of it. Guess we might try some pumpkin with the rice cereal next time. *LOL*

Well, off to get her dressed for the day and to give her some boobie. She's been playing with her toys and she rolls from one end of the carpet to the other!

Meg, I hope that Coco gets better soon and that nasty flu leaves the building. It won't hurt if you have to put off the immunisations for a few days.

Tiff, sounds like your family should start getting back to normal soon...so glad that you haven't been struck down by that nasty gastro.

Christie, have fun at your last clinic visit today! Hope that you're able to stay in touch with some of the others that you've gotten to know since you had Owen. WTG on the two nights of straight sleep through.

Dani - Hugs for having to take Jett for his injections! Is there anyone who can go with you? Hope it all goes smoothly and that Jett isn't bothered by the jabs.

Speak to you all later!!!!

Edited at 12:45pm to add: ARRGGHHHH!!! Maddy and I are having a battle of wills today...she will not go down for a nap but I'm determined for her to. This is the 3rd time I've put her down and the cheeky monkey has cried for 10mins already and is now playing with the mobile hanging over the bed. Why did I get the baby who will not get into a sleep pattern during the day and will definately not sleep through the nice, or even close!
    Last edited by Beckibee; June 7th, 2006 at 12:50 PM.

Beck, don't worry, Tilly didn't sleep day or night either, so I hear you on that one!!
    Coco is on antibiotics, the poor bubba. Did maddy have to have antibiotics? I kind of thought it was on the chest, and was right, so hopefully it will clear up now.
    im trying to get her to have a power nap now but it's not really working!!
    Beck, Coco hated apple at first but loved pear. Maybe you could try that. Also is the cereal runny? Sometimes better to make it quite runny. Maybe you could try fruit with out the rice cereal and see what she thinks. We've well and truly ditched rice cereal, it only clogged her up. Or maybe just put a tiny amount of rice cereal to slightly thicken the fruit.
    hope everyone's had a great day, I feel like I could sleep for a week. talk soon xoxox

tiggy Guest

Bec,
    Don't worry, you're not alone!
    Ivy sleeps in 20 minute slots and WILL not sleep through the night!
    She has to be the most sleep deprived baby in NSW (Maddy might contest that if she were here LOL).
    At least you got one first up, I was lulled into a false sense of security with my first set of twins, who slept really well right from the word go, then I got LILY who didn't sleep through until she was three after that I have no expectations! :eek:

Hello All,
    Wonders happen everyday…..
    Jett had his injections (two) today as I mention before, my god he was good. I gave him an arrowroot bickie to munch on and he was great. He let out a scream each time the needles went in but after it was all done back to the bickie…. Bless…
    Hope everyone else is going great,
    Gotta go get has just woken.

:eek: Tiff, didn't sleep through til 3 years of age?!?! Arrggghhhhh!! I swear I'll go batty if that happens with my Maddy! *LOL* Could you imagine if your Ivy and my Maddy got together for a night of no sleep!?!

Awwww....WTG little Jett on the arrowroot bickie and only letting out a little cry for each needle. Hope you recover from the traumatic experience that immunisations create soon Danni....at least you have no more until he's 12 months now! IIRC anyway....

Meg, glad to hear that Coco has something to help clear up her chest! Poor little chicken, hearing them all phlemy and sick is so horrible.

Well we went out for a steak dinner together as DH split his pants at work (*LMAO*) and had to come home early. I decided to spoil him by paying for dinner so we could talk over interview answers for Friday.

Oh and potato is a success with Maddy. Seeing as though she spat out all of the cereal with apple this morning and I got a baked potato with dinner; I mashed some on the side of the plate and gave her a bit. Talk about a little Piggy! *LOL* She cried when I wouldn't give her any more then the teaspoon or so all up that she had.

Finally got her to sleep this afternoon by lying her on our bed and laying beside her. She cried and clawed at me with big sad eyes for 15 minutes before finally falling asleep. She then slept for an hour & a half and is such a pleasant doll this evening because of it!

Hey ladies! Wow you have talked a lot since yesterday! Well, I will have to do personals later. Abby is sick for the first time! She has a cold and fever. She was up alllll night. I finally brought her into our bed at 3:30 and she went to sleep around 4:30 and it is now 6:00. I am soooo tired!

Anyway, I got Don a mug for fathers day and I am going to get Abby's pic put on it ( a little corny I know! ) Anyway, I will e-mail al of you that I know your emails the pics that I have narrowed down...I just cant decide which one to put on it! So if you could, help me pick which one goes on it!

I hope everyone is wonderful this morning! (or evening for yall!)

Edited at 6:28am to add: a big
    HAPPY 6 MONTHS TO BABY OWEN!!!

MEg I hope Coco is feeling better! Poor little princess! Its good you got her to see the doc! I took Abby yesterday also because of the fever, and I felt stupid when I got there and they said, oh she just has a cold. Oh well, better safe than sorry! Oh, and yes I remember our chats last year! Sometimes I go back and read some of them by going to my name and doing "read all posts by..." and going to the last page where is was due in december! It was crazy reading and remembering all the things that we were going through! Times have changed sooo much!

Beck I hope Maddy is sleeping for you tonight!! Yay on the potato! I can just picture her crying for more...she is such a cutie! Abby loves apples but I dont think she would like them with rice cereal mixed in either!

Melly I am so glad the giraffe is working! I love your ticker pic!!

Christie, how is breastfeeding going? Any better?

Dani Thanks for your vote I am checking out Jetts new pics right now! OMG he is SSOOOO adorable! He looks older than 6 months! He has a lot of hair, doesnt he? I love the tigger pics and the close ups! How cute! What a big boy with his shots yesterday! Abby gets hers next week (a little early since we are going out of town!)

Ok well Im off for a nap while Abby is sleeping! Have a good night!
    Last edited by sarajo; June 7th, 2006 at 09:46 PM.

Happy 6 months Owen!!!
    Christie, I'm glad Owen has been sleeping better the last couple of nights, must feel so much better to have him sleep through.

Sarajo, sorry Abby is sick. No need to feel stupid. I was freaking out when I had a viral infection and Logan got sick. I was just told that he just had a cold and he'd be alright, but I was also glad I did get it checked. I hope you and Abby manage to catch up on some sleep. The father's day present for Don sounds so cute.

Dani, Wow what a good boy Jett was about his needles.

Meg, I hope you & Coco are feeling better. Hopefully the antibiotics will really help.

Beck, Bummer about the sleeping or lack thereof.. LOL yay on the potato, and her crying for more.

Logan slept for a couple of hours this morning which was great. Then had a big play on the floor. He's gone crazy with the rolling, now rolls from back to front and then front to back really well. He also pulls himself around the floor using his arms. Mostly gets stuck going in a circle, but he's managed to move forward a little bit. He looked so pleased with himself.
    He cried a lot this afternoon, he was so tired, but wouldn't go to sleep. Then it turned out he was hungry as well, I felt so stupid as I thought he couldn't be hungry because I'd just fed him. Maybe it's time to try solids again..?

Hey everyone, I will be away on holidays until Sunday, so if you have anything that needs doing urgently email one of the other moderators listed in the first post, otherwise feel free to email it to me & I will update when I get back home.

If you have emailed me and I haven't gotten to it yet, I apologise as this week has been full of trips to doctors, hospitals and ultrasounds... I promise to get to everything by early next week. Thank you for your patience.

Sami Guest

Default Hi

Hi,

My girlfriend has recommened this site to me. My little boy "Bailey" was born on 19 December 2005. He is the apple of our eye. I never imagined becoming a parent but now couldn't imagine living without him.

Morning girls!!!
    Had ok night but I still was awake alot. Coco woke up talking at midnight and I discovered she had a temp. Poor bubba. gave her panadol and she went back to sleep until 7.20am!!!!!!!!! I kept waking though and have a chest infection too I think. However Im hoping mine will just disappear on it's own. Coco still seems chatty so that's somethign, just hope it was the medicine starting to work and her body going into fight mode.
    Sarajo, love the photos but not sure how to tell you which one I like (sorrY) but I do have a favourite!
    Hope everyone else is doing well and had a good nights sleep. back later xo

Morning Ladies,
    Hope you all had a good nights sleep.
    I never thought that I would say this but I am really looking forward to having another baby. It is funny how people say time heals all wounds. I was so anti-baby after my issues of sleeping that I had with Jett but now that he sleeps and I know how to do this I would go back for a send.... OMG!! Not for 3 years..
    Welcome Sam, hope to see you on here heaps. All of the girls are great and were very welcoming when I first joined. Tell us something about you???
    Meg - You poor thing, I really hope that Coco and yourself get well soon..
    Beck – I am fine with taking Jett for his injections, it is DH Ben that can’t cope. He has never been with he for any of them. Has Maddy had her’s??
    Sarajo – I know, I think that he thinks he is older than 6 months too. My MIL got those tigger PJ’s for him and wanted some pictures of him in them. He is one of the best things that have happened in my life and I look at him all that time and think god has really blessed me. (oh and by the way, I am sitting her still on my Pj’s, Lazy me)
    Try the bickie when you take her for her injections, it worked well for Jett..
    Melly - , hope Logan is doing well and sleeping like a gem...
    Tiggy - Hope your lovely family are getting better.. Big Hugs to you all...
    I have Jett's 6th month check up at the MCHN then mother's group today so I will be back on later,
    Take care all
    Hi to Christie and Kate and everyone else

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast